Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    Thanks for the Info Pixel dan

time to canabalise my skirt off my 200x evil-lyn, see if i can add it to the BG evil-lyn
    I doubt that will work the Classics figures are much bigger than their 200x counterparts.. especially the females.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    the only thing i find disapointing about her is the fact that she isnt yellow, because her helmetless head wont make any sense on the evil-lyn i already have.
    That's funny. That's actually one of the biggest perks about this figure to me.

Translucent Talent Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'll put her next to Keldor in my shelf, with the helmetless head. To me, that's the former Evil-Lyn, in love with King Randor's Gar brother. My yellow-skinned Lynnie stands next to Skeletor, Keldor's new identity after he was merged with Demo-Man by Hordak.
    Secret Guardian & Spirit Guide

Visit my artworks gallery: http://queengrayskull.deviantart.com
    and my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/queengrayskull

My personal blog: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguardian
    Besides: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguide

Quarterly Variants per ToyGuru WTFWTK

Answers to WTFWTK 2.48!
    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 48 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Swanmarsh,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Kagamigod:
    You stated in a recent Q&A that when you do get around to doing NA He-Man, he will be a bonus figure. But it was previously stated that bonus figures are mainly repaints with very little new tooling. NA He-Man actually requires a lot of new tooling such as his armor, shield, helmet and sword. Has anything changed in regards to bonus figures with more tooling?

Now that the “A-list variants” are part of the subscription, you can look for them to have as much tooling as any other figure. This is just our slot/system to bring out demanded variants of main characters to keep the “monthly” slots as new figures only. This way, each year you get 12 new figures, as well as four A-list variants as well (such as New Adventures or Snake Armor He-Man, Battle Armor or Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Blonde or Underwater Armor Teela, 200X Randor, 200X King Hssss, stuff like that). Originally this slot was for minimal tooling or deco only, but now that it is part of the sub, we can afford more tooling for these A-list reissues!

This proves that the variants in the subs will have the same tooling as any other figure. So any arguements that the 4HM did not make the BG Evil-Lyn outfit makes no sense. Scott confirmed it was allocated in the budget but the 4HM passed.

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I understand the frustrations. I too am disappointed with BG Evil-Lyn, moreso hearing that a new outfit was in the budget. The main thing I wanted was the colours, and they got those mostly right (where's the copper?). The skin tone is beautiful, just what I wanted.

I have a great deal of respect for the 4H as they produce amazing work, time and time again. Sure there's been a few things I haven't been happy with (sock feet Stratos and goofy Buzz-Off to name a couple) but I'm quite pleased with the majority of the line.

I'm just confused as to why a more simplified 200X dress wasn't given to her. Is it because the 4H have been lambasted in the past for making things "too 200X", as in Marzo's and Whiplash's heads? I dunno. I'd really like to hear this straight from the Horsemen's mouths, but they're far too busy to post on the boards these days. No offense intended to Scott, but I want to hear their side.

That said, if this is our 200X Lyn, I can bear it. I really wasn't EXPECTING a 200X-ish dress, but when we got the Faceless One I held out a glimmer of hope. Oh well, I'll deal.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

and BG EL thinks she's a Bonus Figure that is not part of the sub...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Who did ever request an Underwater Armor Teela?
    Im happy i´ve taken no sub

I would happily take Underwater Teela!

More to topic, though, I think this thread would be more useful in one of the BG Evil Lyn threads...

....Wow. Such vitriol.

I like her!

You know, they tossed the 200X toy into the Classic-user Machine, turned it on, and the Logistics Algorithm churned out Battleground Evil Lyn! How much more 200X could she logistically get? She has the word Battle in her name!

Seriously though, I'm quite happy with her. The long, draping loincloth would've been swell, but I think she's pretty nifty as is.

What I really want is an official Bio-Canon answer as to her skin change. I think this may be her deportees look, which would make sense for both Great Unrest and Future Mom.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

really another topic about BG EL? Why didnt you just post this in your other thread complaining about her?

Look you dont like the figure, did you really think you were going to like every figure they put out? If you did you are just fooling yourself.

when you get it, sell to a forum member or ebay and move on.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish Door was on right now as he would close the 2938209382903280 topics TC has created about BG EV.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    really another topic about BG EL? Why didnt you just post this in your other thread complaining about her?

Look you dont like the figure, did you really think you were going to like every figure they put out? If you did you are just fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I would happily take Underwater Teela!

More to topic, though, I think this thread would be more useful in one of the BG Evil Lyn threads...
    I guess I could see what you mean, but this is just about Quarterly variants and how since they are in the subscription they are to be treated the same as a monthly figure. Something for us to remember when we get weak quarterly variants that are straight repaints of the original item (not talking about accessories or extra heads). Just the main figure. You wouldn't see a straight repaint on a monthly figure, so this is not being followed.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I really wish Door was on right now as he would close the 2938209382903280 topics TC has created about BG EV.
    Again this thread is a reminder of what quarterly variants are supposed to be like since they are now in the subsciptions. They are to be treated the same as a monthly figure. Such BG Evil-Lyn is part of the reason for reminding people of this rule made by Mattel.

I just wanted people to be reminded that Mattel answers questions but seems to not always follow their rules and after awhile the quarterly variants are being repaints. After Hurricane Hordak, BG Lyn and THunderpunch He-man, what is next? I am betting on a Skeletor variant, then by Q4 a Battleground Sorceress. Let's hope they stick to this rule for the variants and if not they need to keep being reminded. Sooner of later it is going to effect a variant of a figure you really wanted.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 28, 2011 at 10:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Who did ever request an Underwater Armor Teela?
    Im happy i´ve taken no sub
    After TGs repeated references to Underwater Armor Teela I started a thread in support of this cool variant!

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do a search and attach the link ...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    ....Wow. Such vitriol.

I like her!

You know, they tossed the 200X toy into the Classic-user Machine, turned it on, and the Logistics Algorithm churned out Battleground Evil Lyn! How much more 200X could she logistically get? She has the word Battle in her name!
    The Classicizer Machine™ has nothing to do with it this time. Toyguru said that Mattel was willing to pay for the 200X leotard, but the 4H didn't want to do it.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post

I Like this figure, I loved it before I found out they could have used a new outfit. Would have been the right thing to do. If there was a reason why like no alternate head, I would understand....because I love the head.

But from what TG said it was in the budget with the other items...the 4HM just decided to not do it and repaint an overly used bodysuit of Teela's.

Again, this is not another subject for BG Evil-Lyn. I am sure there will be a lot of talk regarding her because she goes against this answer from TG about variants in the subs.

Trust me later on it will include other talks of characters.

i was under the impression that BGevil lyn didn't get new chest armour because the 4H made an artistic choice against it (rather than $$$ limitation).

So since the subscriptions have started to include variants.....are any of the variants this year do you feel are not being created by the rule implemented for these quarterly variants?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i was under the impression that BGevil lyn didn't get new chest armour because the 4H made an artistic choice against it (rather than $$$ limitation).

Correct Ealo, according to Scott they had the money but chose to just do a repaint. This is coming from Scott so take it with a grain of salt.

Perhaps the 4HM will describe why they skipped the money for the outfit and decided to use the same outfit all other He-man females have had. Perhaps the FHM want to create the illusion that they only had one outfit back in the day for females.

Finally with the Sorceress announced. The He-man side has a different outfit, well and also BG Teela (who got a lot of treatment when being made). So four chicks with the same outfit, one who is wearing a bra and one bird woman
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 28, 2011 at 10:52am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys and gals, this is getting old.

It seems like every thread here recently is divided into two groups of fans who are at eachother's throats. Heidi had to bring this up in another thread earlier today. It has to stop.

Please be respectful of your fellow member's opinions. They have every right to like a figure as you do to dislike a figure or vice-versa. Getting on eachother's case for it is not productive, and not even really nice. Everyone should be allowed to post their opinion without the fear of being jumped on by another member.

Any disrespect will be deleted and the user who posted it will be warned/suspended.

Thanks for everyone's understanding in this.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have a better alternative for fans seeking a more 200X Evil-Lyn...one which works well with Battleground Evil-Lyn like She-Ra 2.0 does with She-Ra.

The Official Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn Thread

Eternian Poet has his very own Teenage Evil-Lyn thread as another alternative.
    The "Teen-Rebel-Evil-Lyn" thread

Instead of battling it out with Battleground Evil-Lyn's supporters (or fans who hate complainers), I invite fans of 200X Evil-Lyn to turn that energy into something more positive in one of these two threads.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Classicizer Machine™ has nothing to do with it this time. Toyguru said that Mattel was willing to pay for the 200X leotard, but the 4H didn't want to do it.
    I know; I was poking fun at the situation, MGM.

Still, I like her as is.

I also really like your Snake Men Alliance Lyn idea!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    and BG EL thinks she's a Bonus Figure that is not part of the sub...
    Exactly.

I don't hate this figure of Evil-Lyn. I may have said it initially as a nut-kick reaction, though. Her extra, helmetless head is everything I could have wanted in a helmetless head. It looks fantastic. Her paint job looks great, especially both faces. GORGEOUS.

I'm just sad about the outfits FOURTH time re-use. Now, if she was a figure OUTSIDE the subscription and they explained this is what yellow Lyn looks like de-powered and 200X/MYP Evil-Lyn is still coming eventually (with the outfit similar to MOTUC Faceless One), I would be happy and get both! Right now, I'm just not feeling it. It seems like Mattel's cash cow (this Teela outfit).

Another thing that's a bit disappointing is that the first Evil-Lyn came with Screeech with stand and another, short wand. I would have at least liked the short wand stick, so she could "forsee the evil future" with her spell casting have over the wand. With the long staff version, you can't put the hand over the orb. Oh well, Weapons Pack item, I guess.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    With all due respect for 200X toy line lovers, i'm gonna express just my opinion:

I collected almost every figure from that wonderful line, and then stactions, I really love that design unique twist. I so respect my 200X figures that I skip wonderful MOTUC characters if I own already a 200X version for the same one (that's the rule for my personal MOTU collection).

That said, I just don't see the point in trying to revive exact designs from that 200X age. It's gone, it was good, we enjoyed it, and that's it. This is MOTUC now, new designs (sometines evoking from vintage or 200X), new design principles, new rules (artistic and commercial), new characters, so we get a new age, new toy line... and I have to say that so far I'm very pleased with what we have gotten (not every single figure, but the balance is positive).

Apart from her pale skin colour & head hair style (NOT face), nothing is matching between them IMHO ! Honestly, I like this figure a lot (In fact, I will get 3), It has a good mixture of original figure with 200X elements. But there is NO WAY you can call this as “200X” Lyn !

Some of the fans (like MGM, myself) are looking for a “TRUE” 200X Evil-Lyn variant ! If “haters” think BG version is her 200X counterpart, fine........ We respect that ! But do not force others to think that way !!!!

Seeing this figure shares the female buck 1.0 & original Evil-Lyn/Teela leotard, I think this could have been one of those repaints for MOTUC Vs DCUC TRU 2 pack ! This is purely my guess & it could be wrong. But remember, TG already said that they are not going to waste some of the 2 pack ideas & it will reflect on single carded figures. So, BG Evil-Lyn may have not shared any new parts initially (apart from spell casting from Catra), But when Mattel realized the critical future of 2 Packs, they must have urged 4HM to sculpt the helmetless head, a new cape & finally the energized orb staff (which was NOT shown at SDCC) & BINGO, Our Final 2011Quaterly Variant : Battle Ground Evil-Lyn Is READY !

I firmly believe that we could see another two Evil-Lyn variants on female buck 2.0 before this line ends ! It will/should be Filmation Evil-Lyn & 200X Evil-Lyn !!

I am not going to lose my hope ! Let us believe in that way !!
    Last edited by TUC138; July 28, 2011 at 11:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Apart from her pale skin colour & head hair style (NOT face), nothing is matching between them IMHO ! Honestly, I like this figure a lot (In fact, I will get 3), It has a good mixture of original figure with 200X elements. But there is NO WAY you can call this as “200X” Lyn !

Some of the fans (like MGM, myself) are looking for a “TRUE” 200X Evil-Lyn variant ! If “haters” think BG version is her 200X counterpart, fine........ We respect that ! But do not force others to think that way !!!!

Seeing this figure shares the female buck 1.0 & original Evil-Lyn/Teela leotard, I think this could have been one of those repaints for MOTUC Vs DCUC TRU 2 pack ! This is purely my guess & it could be wrong. But remember, TG already said that they are not going waste some of the 2 pack ideas & it will reflect on single carded figures. So, BG Evil-Lyn may have not shared any new parts initially (apart from spell casting from Catra), But when Mattel realized the critical future of 2 Packs, they must have urged 4HM to sculpt the helmetless head, a new cape & finally the energized orb staff (which was NOT shown at SDCC) & BINGO, Our Final 2011Quaterly Variant : Battle Ground Evil-Lyn Is READY ! Now this is purly my guess

I firmly believe that we could see another two Evil-Lyn variants on female buck 2.0 before this line ends ! It will/should be Filmation Evil-Lyn & 200X Evil-Lyn !!

I am not going to lose my hope ! Let us believe in that way !!
    Hmmm...that's a very good point. She may have been a DCUC vs MOTUC two pack figure. I mean, if they produced her and ToysRUs didn't order any more sets...they would have to do something with the figure. Hard to say for certain though. They would never tell us that.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Lyn should have had some type of new outfit to use the new female buck (promised for all females after Catra) and allow the articulation it comes with. Her outfit was indeed in the budget confirmed by Scott (TG).

So here are promises broken regarding BG Evil Lyn:

1. All females after Catra would have female buck 2.0
    2. Quarterly variants once the subscription was introduced would not be repaints, they would be allowed as much tooling as a monthly figure. (WTFWTK 2.48)
    3. TG stated 200X would not be a repaint.

So since she was to have the new female buck, doing a vintage inspired 200X type of outfit would have been the correct way to go or even just a new outfit. However since the outfit was in the budget they should have just gone with the 200X look.

ToyGuru did state all females after Catra would contain the new buck introduced with BG Teela. Queen Marlena was an exception because she was already completed. Now the subscribers are stuck with a figure using the female 1.0 body with limited articulation, a repainted figure and an overused outfit. You can color it however you want, but it is still the same exact outfit.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 29, 2011 at 06:24am.

As mentioned on one of the other threads about this:

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Maybe Mattel will one day release a 'Young' Evil-Lyn version of the figure with the new female buck and the correct dress. To keep variety she will come with a brand new 'Keldor era' younger head which you can swap with this BG Lyn to make a proper Skeletor era 200X Evil-Lyn. This would not be dissimilar with what they are doing now with She-Ra 1.0 and Bubble She-Ra.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5499/justlyn.jpg