Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 391

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

  1. #301
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    So it really is about the little skirt then? All these posts, all this vitriol - all about a little skirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    It's official, you just don't get it.
    It's not about a little Skirt! It is MORE than that.
    ROFL. Well, apparently it's not to MegaGearMax. Apparently it is just the little skirt. You wanted more.

    That's the whole frickin' point here.

    They are never going to satisfy everyone.

    Somehow, a segment of 200x fans think they are more important, that somehow Mattel must bow to your wishes.

    Like this :

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Battleground Evil-Lyn's heads, arms, legs, weapons are all fine.
    Battleground Evil-Lyn reusing the Teela leotard when we specifically asked them not to do that? Not so fine.

    Mattel issued a statement that the 4H refused tooling and wanted to make her this way, despite what the fans wanted.
    "We" and "what the fans" wanted. 200x fans like this think they represent us all. They do not.

    That's the issue here. You guys rant and rant and rant and have worked yourselves up so that you think that somehow you represent all collectors of MOTUC, and you certainly do not.


    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Make no mistake, it isn't like 3 people on He-Man.org have the power to make Mattel consider making another variant.
    Absolutely. Mattel was considering future variants before you guys started your little crusade. They said so from the beginning. I corrected you a few pages back and gave you the quote from six months ago, when you guys were saying, "oooh listen to this new podcast - we made a difference" when no, you haven't - they have said this all along. I've noticed you have worked that into your arguments now, because you will twist anything to promote this crusade you are on.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Mistake, they willingly CHOSE to do the exact same thing fans requested them NOT TO DO ON A "200X" VARIANT of Evil Lyn!
    SOME fans requested. SOME.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Since you ignored my PoP example here it is again:
    Would you have been OK if Catra had been released with She-Ra's dress painted in Catra colors? Then Mattel tells us that they CAN DO a Proper Catra but they CHOSE to Reuse She-Ra's Dress because Part reuse is nostalgic. Since Catra is a Popular character they can revisit her many times.
    Oh gosh, you guys need to learn how to make valid analogies.

    Catra was never released in a vintage form with She-ra's dress.

    Evil Lyn was released vintage with Teelas dress.

    This product is the DEFINITION of "classics", as it combines that vintage, with a Filmation feeling (at least to me) and 200x colors PLUS an extra head.

    But I know, not enough for folk who want replicas of ten year old figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Using the Classicizer Machine the same way it's being used on Evil Lyn would have given us a Red Teela dress for Adora and a Red She-Ra Dress for Catra...
    In addition to analogies, you may also wish to bone up on euphemisms.

    The "Classicizer Machine" is simply a term given to the process of combining features from different versions of characters into a new one. It doesn't mean you take the same influences from each line on each figure. It means you take different aspects and recombine them. It is done on a per figure basis, different influences each time.

    What is hilarious about some of you folk is that you keep going ON AND ON about her similarity to Teela - NEWSFLASH - EVIL LYN was ALWAYS a repaint of Teela's body.


    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If you can be OK with a lazy, inaccurate version of Evil Lyn that is neither Filmation, nor 200X, more power to you. When the Filmation Evil Lyn shows up (As both Mattel and the Horsemen have hinted) what are you going to do with this one?
    This is the OTHER part of my problem with you folk.

    Instead of saying, "I understand you like it, but", you give me a backhanded insult because I like a "lazy, inaccurate" version.

    What will I do with this one should a true Filmation version come out? Same as I do with ALL variants - love 'em and display them! Another EL won't effect my feelings on this one at all. I have them all worked into my ultimate battle scene, even variants (and I've come up with a good storyline as to why, as well).

    If you hate this Evil Lyn so much, I hope you didn't buy her. If you had no choice because of a sub, I hope you sold her. If you didn't, then the joke is on you - if it's lazy and inaccurate and you still kept it, then I'm not the one who you should be asking that question to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No offence, but you really do not get it at all! A LOT of people are upset about this version of Evil-Lyn. So much so, that Mattel released a Press Release on her explaining how her design was chosen and interviews with the people involved. The backlash is mainly because everyone who asked for this Evil-Lyn wanted the 200X version and that's what we were told we would get, but didn't. We find out the only reason we did not get the 200X Evil-Lyn is because Female Buck 2.0 was not ready at the time, so they just repainted her.

    It's rather insulting that you keep saying those that want the 200X Evil-Lyn "don't get what Classics is about", because we do. The FourHorsemen who sculpt the Classics figures are the ones who said she didn't get the 200X outfit because it wouldn't be two separate pieces because Female Buck 2.0 wouldn't be ready in time, so they just repainted it because they didn't want to spend the tooling dollars and disappoint people. Now they can do her properly in the future.

    I mean...I don't know how clearer it can get. Mattel, the FourHorsemen, etc. have said she's a viable option for a variant in the future and they would like to get to do her. Toyguru said in an interview that 200X Evil-Lyn could have been put in the 2013 Fan Vote poll. These are the people behind the Classics line. I'm pretty sure THEY know what the line is about.

    Also, you mentioned my 200X Evil-Lyn/MOTUC Faceless One comparison picture. If you look at the picture, you will see that Faceless One is wearing the male version of 200X Evil-Lyn's outfit. I only made that picture because a couple people (like you) were claiming the "classicizing machine" argument and she would just be a repaint, etc. That's to show you all those elements are already in MOTUC. If it was a "classicizing machine" thing, MOTUC Faceless One would be wearing the male version of the Teela dress. The thing is, Mattel told us from day one that the tooling budget was provided to give Battleground Evil-Lyn her new outfit, but the 4H chose not to (for the reason I have explained above).

    I apologize if I came off a tad harsh in this post, but I'm getting a bit exasperated because it's like nobody is reading actual posts and what Mattel and the Four Horsemen have said.
    I'm reading the same stuff you are, and I also follow very closely what Mattel and 4H said. I'm just not twisting it to my own argument.

    They have said from the beginning that YES THERE WILL LIKELY BE MORE EVIL LYN VARIANTS! I think that's great. So what the heck are you people still bogging up all the BE EL threads about????

    You just said above, you'll get what you want - so why all the anger and vitriol?

    This character has been "classicized" perfectly - it takes several elements of various EL's and made it into one, which pleases so many of us because she's actually NOT FLUORESCENT YELLOW.

    But look at the quotes above, being scolded because I'm happy with a "lazy, inaccurate" version.

    You guys have had your say. You have multiple threads this is going on in. I hate the idea of protected threads (a forum should not need them), but I guess if I want to talk about this great figure without being bashed in the head with unrealistic expectations I'll have to start one.

    It's pretty bad when I am getting PM's from people who are afraid of or simply so frustrated with the few of you who keep posting about this who simply won't participate, or have given up (see earlier posts where people threw up their hands) because you people act like you can take over a forum and if you repeat the same nonsense over and over it becomes true.

    In any case, I've spent way too much time on this - I love the figure, you guys don't. I'm happy, you aren't. Oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Again, Mattel wants to revist Evil-Lyn in the future USING THE 2.0 FEMALE BUCK. So like the "same few folks", I guess Mattel doesn't get it either. Either that, or your perceived intellect is beyond us mere mortals AND MATTEL.
    It's the same few folk who keep harping on it. They said FROM THE BEGINNING that there would likely be more Evil Lyn variants.

    THIS DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE TEXT BOOK DEFINITION OF WHAT CLASSICS ARE SAID TO BE.

    What is astonishing at this point is you people keep pointing out that an even more 200x Evil Lyn has been hinted at. In that case - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL WHINING ABOUT THIS ONE?????

    Keep going...as soon as I get my pics of this awesome figure I'm going to start my own, protected thread, since you people just take over every thread that mentions BG EL and tear it to shreds, discouraging anyone who likes the character from posting and discussing it.

    I'm not against you getting what you want, but people in this thread insult those who like this one who did get what they wanted. On top of it, the argument has now shifted toward me repeating what TG has always said about Classics, and the argument becomes "well Mattel said they would do more" - which apparently everyone forgot as no one mentioned that we have known that since AUGUST until I posted it here, when people were taking credit for making change on some podcast a few weeks ago.

    The PM's I have been getting are right - just like the previous poster who had to leave the thread a few pages back because you people simply twist and turn everything around to fit your agenda. You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.

    Have fun reveling in misery over that, while I go enjoy these amazing figures, including BG EL, who is easily in my Top 3 MOTUC (only after Adora and Catra, who had never been made in these versions).

  2. #302
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I can't change your opinion but Evil-Lyn was the ONLY female of the Evil Warriors for the first 3 years of MOTU. Looking at the ORIGINAL MOTU before everything else was thrown into it, we had 3 females TOTAL in the vintage collection, and Sorceress came in at the very end. To me, that makes Evil-Lyn the single most important Evil Warrior in all of MOTU.

    The line has never had enough females. With POP and hopefully some Filmation specific females, we'll be able to have a more balanced collection. Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Sorceress are the original 3 females so I don't mind at least 3 variants of each of them.

    Yeah... We have a different mindset. I don't place any importance whatsoever with her being 'the only female'. That's like saying Mer-man is the single most important Evil Warrior because he's the only aquatic henchman.

    As a rule, I'm not fond of the female characters anyways... I'm from the generation BEFORE Xena and Buffy and all the other 'woman warriors'. Before Wonder Woman carried an ax..

    Back when Women were not allowed to be in physical combat with men folks. If Catwoman needed a beatdown... BatGIRL had to guest star that week... BatMAN dealt with the goons.

    PROBABLY why I'm not too interested in PoP. There are a few fun characters I like... but as a whole, I just can't wrap my head around skeletor or Hordak capturing and torturing Glimmer or Mermista.

    BOW? He's totally fair game. He can be shot and wounded in combat all he wants



    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yeah, Mattel probably should have made this the Filmation Evil-Lyn figure but then many Filmation fans would probably be upset when we get a Teela 2.0 with twisting waste. They'd now want a Filmation Evil-Lyn with the same articulation. With the shortage of females, we can now look forward to PROPER Filmation and MYP variants with the 2.0 buck.

    IF the line ended tomorrow, both Filmation and MYP fans would at the very least, have close approximations.


    It really boggles my mind they even MADE this figure with the 1.0 buck. They SHOULD have used the 2.0

    if the 2.0 wasn't ready... then WAIT! Where was it written that BGEL HAD to come out at THAT specific time. Isn't that WHY they won't tell us the whole list of characters? So they can switch things up if something falls off schedule?

    Why would they make a figure with the same substandard buck that they've been spending months trying to fix? Just to tell us... "oh, we'll make a better one later!"

    Was EL REALLy that important that it NEEDED to be done so soon?

  3. #303
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    What is hilarious about some of you folk is that you keep going ON AND ON about her similarity to Teela - NEWSFLASH - EVIL LYN was ALWAYS a repaint of Teela's body.
    They were slightly different (no big leaf thing on the skirt):




    This character has been "classicized" perfectly - it takes several elements of various EL's and made it into one, which pleases so many of us because she's actually NOT FLUORESCENT YELLOW.
    It's a repaint of Teela...the fourth time. I do love 200X Evil-Lyn, but owning the same entire body with a new head 4 times is too much. That would be like He-Man, ToysRUs He-Man, Faker with all of He-Man's clothes, and Wun-Dar with He-Man's clothes. Faker and Wun-Dar at LEAST have different chest harnesses. The other 4 ladies have the EXACT same outfits. Teela got a change of clothes (Battleground).

    But look at the quotes above, being scolded because I'm happy with a "lazy, inaccurate" version.
    I honestly am not upset or anything if someone likes BG Evil-Lyn or doesn't like her. I don't own stock in her or any future versions or her, or anything like that. I like things about this figure and I do quite like her colour scheme. Her cape and helmetless head are very nice too. That head is something a lot of people really wanted since the first Evil-Lyn came out. I've said all that stuff plenty.

    It's the same few folk who keep harping on it. They said FROM THE BEGINNING that there would likely be more Evil Lyn variants.

    THIS DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE TEXT BOOK DEFINITION OF WHAT CLASSICS ARE SAID TO BE.

    What is astonishing at this point is you people keep pointing out that an even more 200x Evil Lyn has been hinted at. In that case - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL WHINING ABOUT THIS ONE?????

    Keep going...as soon as I get my pics of this awesome figure I'm going to start my own, protected thread, since you people just take over every thread that mentions BG EL and tear it to shreds, discouraging anyone who likes the character from posting and discussing it.
    I'm personally fine with anyone talking about her. I only speak for myself though.

    You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.

    Have fun reveling in misery over that, while I go enjoy these amazing figures, including BG EL, who is easily in my Top 3 MOTUC (only after Adora and Catra, who had never been made in these versions).
    To be fair, more people were happy with MOTUC designs in the beginning because they took elements from all MOTU eras and combined them into one figure, like Trap-Jaw, Hordak and Mer-Man. They always seem to top the favourite/best in the line lists. After Whiplash, Mattel banned 200X heads for some reason and now the figures are starting to come out as direct copies of the 80's, for the most part (Clawful and Snout Spout). I don't have anything against those two figures, but if they took the route they did in the beginning of the line and gave both figures an additional more 200X-inspired head, I really think most people would be content with them, instead of splitting the fan base in half. My personal opinion on those two: I like Clawful as-is, but wish Snout Spout's head was more like the 200X version. He looked REALLY cool!

    I actually didn't really collect the 200X line when it was around. I got a talking He-Man for Christmas from a friend and I bought the Snakeman figures and repaints when the line was dying down. I got everything else off of eBay later on. I prefer the sculpts of MOTUC over the 200X figures. A lot of those figures were hunched, really veiny and the ladies had really thin, little arms.

    Both lines were great, but each have their own problems. I'm not a specific era fan. I love them all. If anyone wants to classify me as anything though, I'm first and foremost a PoP fan. Even though I love ALL of MOTU, I probably wouldn't be buying this line if PoP was not a part of it. She-Ra owns my heart. AT the moment, Bubble Power She-Ra is my most favourite figure in the entire MOTUC line.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 31, 2011 at 12:18am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  4. #304
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    They were slightly different (no big leaf thing on the skirt)



    It's a repaint of Teela...the fourth time. I do love 200X Evil-Lyn, but owning the same entire body with a new head 4 times is too much. That would be like He-Man, ToysRUs He-Man, Faker with all of He-Man's clothes, and Wun-Dar with He-Man's clothes. Faker and Wun-Dar at LEAST have different chest harnesses. The other 4 ladies have the EXACT same outfits. Teela got a change of clothes
    With all due respect, mon frere, those two drawings became the same figure. Evil-Lyn is a repaint of Teela with a new head just as Tru He-Man, Faker and Wun-Dar are repaints of He-Man with new attire. The TRU figure is even less than that.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  5. #305
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    200X variants seem mostly represented through extra heads on vintage styled bodies, simply because Mattel doesn't see enough changes need be made from a 200X character to a vintage one, and keep the line Classicized...so many 200X may not ever see actual figures. Maybe Mattel won't see enough changes need be made to Filmation either...who knows their way of thinking....but it seems Filmation & vintage will take a forefront to other lines, because they are the oldest & the most popular...this is evident in the line to date, and especially since they said no more 200X animated styled heads.

    As far as Filmation goes I would be happy with heads....Skeletor (they made an Alcala head, so why not Filmation?) & Mer-Man mainly, but Clawful looked totally different on screen vs his actual figure.

    And in BG Evil-Lyn's case Mattel seems to see her as a slight 200X version, at least that's what it was made to seem like. And even if a 200x EL was to be made who's to say she wouldn't just have the 2.0 buck with original based EL parts with only a new tunic / dress & maybe boots & a younger face, the way Mattel handles the 200X anymore that's probably all she'd get, which is just as much as some Filmation characters need to be made, minor changes, noticeable enough to be easily recognized as that version, but minor, which is why I say I wouldn't mind a head.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 01:53am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #306
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    With all due respect, mon frere, those two drawings became the same figure. Evil-Lyn is a repaint of Teela with a new head just as Tru He-Man, Faker and Wun-Dar are repaints of He-Man with new attire. The TRU figure is even less than that.
    Oh, I know. I had a much longer post, but then went "the hell with it" and deleted 90% of it.

    My original explained how she was to have an all-new lower half (the undies), but 80's Mattel decided to just repaint the entire Teela figure (with a new head) because it was cheaper and would bring them more profit. If they had the budget back then that they do now, she probably would not have been a straight repaint though.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 31, 2011 at 01:45am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  7. #307
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    ROFL. Well, apparently it's not to MegaGearMax. Apparently it is just the little skirt. You wanted more.

    That's the whole frickin' point here.

    They are never going to satisfy everyone.

    Somehow, a segment of 200x fans think they are more important, that somehow Mattel must bow to your wishes.
    It IS "just about a dress", if we just stick to the actual physical item that is causing this much complaining. When I say it's much more about it is because Mattel, for some strange reason, believes that everyone will simply LOVE to buy Multiple Variants of a character even if some are simple repaints that make no sense at all... Cause Evil Lyn is popular enough for Mattel to churn out "Filler" variants until they get to do the ones Fans Truly Want (Filmation and 200X, since the Movie EL is undoable due to rights issues) It's not like endless variants killed the last MOTU line... oh wait...

    "We" and "what the fans" wanted. 200x fans like this think they represent us all. They do not.

    That's the issue here. You guys rant and rant and rant and have worked yourselves up so that you think that somehow you represent all collectors of MOTUC, and you certainly do not.
    It is NOT a 200X vs. The World Argument. Toyguru clearly specified that the 200X Variant was NOT Going to be a Repaint, yet this "Vintage Evil Lyn repainted in 200X inspired colors" happened. When TG talked about 200X He-Man being Same old He-Man we got repainted in 200X Colors and switching the Vintage sword for the Technosword, a group of concerned fans/customers tried to warn him, that plain repaints like that would do the line more harm than good. Why is this relevant? BG Evil Lyn is proof that Mattel ignored the suggestions. Snake MAA was proof as well, until they decided to change him (thank goodness)

    It's more about helping Mattel deliver the best product they can especially when dealing with 200X (since that seems to be a bit tricky for Mattel)

    Oh gosh, you guys need to learn how to make valid analogies.

    Catra was never released in a vintage form with She-ra's dress.

    Evil Lyn was released vintage with Teelas dress.

    This product is the DEFINITION of "classics", as it combines that vintage, with a Filmation feeling (at least to me) and 200x colors PLUS an extra head.

    But I know, not enough for folk who want replicas of ten year old figures.
    Again, you missed the point. Yes, Catra did NOT have to use a shared She-Ra Dress on the vintage line... She only shared it with Sweet Bee, but that's another story for another rant.

    The point I was trying to make that you missed (or are purposely ignoring) is: Would you have been OK With Catra or Adora if instead of doing a figure right (with the correct dress), they do a lazy, uninspired rush job by purposely reusing another character's dress, because they can do it right later on?

    Again No one is ASKING FOR an EXACT version of 200X Evil Lyn!
    A Different Tunic would have been enough! (IF This figure was meant to be a "Classicized" 200X Evil Lyn)

    In addition to analogies, you may also wish to bone up on euphemisms.

    The "Classicizer Machine" is simply a term given to the process of combining features from different versions of characters into a new one. It doesn't mean you take the same influences from each line on each figure. It means you take different aspects and recombine them. It is done on a per figure basis, different influences each time.
    Well, DUH! Of course the "Classicizer Machine" is not real. It is a hyperflawed Catchphrase to use as an explanation on stylistic choices meant to phase out the "Anime Hyperdetail" and "that's style is retired" catchphrases.

    What is hilarious about some of you folk is that you keep going ON AND ON about her similarity to Teela - NEWSFLASH - EVIL LYN was ALWAYS a repaint of Teela's body.
    NO, She wasn't meant to be one... As you could see on the cardback art. Even Filmation had Teela and Evil Lyn wearing Different Dresses, Obviously 200X gave them different dresses (with common elements) So, in 29 years of MOTU, only the vintage toyline had shared dresses cause of the shared tooling from the earlier waves. Sadly Mattel chose to do the same mistake in MOTUC twice!

    This is the OTHER part of my problem with you folk.

    Instead of saying, "I understand you like it, but", you give me a backhanded insult because I like a "lazy, inaccurate" version.

    What will I do with this one should a true Filmation version come out? Same as I do with ALL variants - love 'em and display them! Another EL won't effect my feelings on this one at all. I have them all worked into my ultimate battle scene, even variants (and I've come up with a good storyline as to why, as well).

    If you hate this Evil Lyn so much, I hope you didn't buy her. If you had no choice because of a sub, I hope you sold her. If you didn't, then the joke is on you - if it's lazy and inaccurate and you still kept it, then I'm not the one who you should be asking that question to.
    Newsflash, I was insulting the figure, not you! If you enjoy her, good for you. That does not change the fact that she's an inaccurate figure, a lazy "filler" variant that would have been a LOT better if painted in a Filmation Color Scheme, than what she is right now.
    I do not Hate her, (my hatred is reserved for Snout Spout) I just dislike her dress and the whole: "We made her like that on purpose cause we can revisit her later" explanation. (For all we know she might have been the "Official" 200X Evil Lyn until the whole complaining began and Mattel made up the whole explanation as "lip service".)
    The Only redeeming factor she has is: No more Springfield Lyn for me. (which I will probably paint in Filmation colors, since it's easier than customizing a 200X dress for her)

    They have said from the beginning that YES THERE WILL LIKELY BE MORE EVIL LYN VARIANTS! I think that's great. So what the heck are you people still bogging up all the BE EL threads about????
    They did NOT said it from the beginning, they only said it AFTER the whole BGEL issue exploded. Thus generating more vitriol from some vocal customers (myself included) Problem with Mattel is that until we can see it, we can't believe it... BGEL also proves that point.

    But look at the quotes above, being scolded because I'm happy with a "lazy, inaccurate" version.
    Not really, it's more about you dismissing everything, AFTER you asked for an explanation. Even if you get an explanation that meets the overall goal even if it's not "exact", but you want "exact". (yes I'm paraphrasing one of your posts.) I hope you could get it so we could move on. Which BTW your post was what begun this "new wave of vitriol".

    It's pretty bad when I am getting PM's from people who are afraid of or simply so frustrated with the few of you who keep posting about this who simply won't participate, or have given up (see earlier posts where people threw up their hands) because you people act like you can take over a forum and if you repeat the same nonsense over and over it becomes true.
    Well, they should either post or PM the ones who would have preferred a more 200X EL figure as well, that's how discussion boards work, with people posting... and not everyone will agree. Besides it's not gotten bad enough for a mod to pop in, not that I want it to get THAT bad.

    It's the same few folk who keep harping on it. They said FROM THE BEGINNING that there would likely be more Evil Lyn variants.
    Yes, Mattel did say that a 200X EL was coming, much more than a repaint, will not be a redeco, yadda, yadda... Yet, it has not come. A Vaguely 200X inspired Repaint showed up instead! Too Many Variants kills lines... *cough*Ghostbusters*cough*


    THIS DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE TEXT BOOK DEFINITION OF WHAT CLASSICS ARE SAID TO BE.
    Does that mean creating a whole new variant not based in any specific version of the character that is basically a placeholder version until Mattel can get it right or can milk out enough variants? FYI Yellow Lyn is closer to a Textbook definition of what Classics is meant to be.

    What is astonishing at this point is you people keep pointing out that an even more 200x Evil Lyn has been hinted at. In that case - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL WHINING ABOUT THIS ONE?????
    It's not Whining, it's Complaining.

    The PM's I have been getting are right - just like the previous poster who had to leave the thread a few pages back because you people simply twist and turn everything around to fit your agenda. You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.
    So basically, you're saying screw one of the Eras that is part of MOTUC?
    Do you even know why the 200X line failed? Due to an Excess of pointless variants. That's another reason Why some are annoyed at BGEL's existence. BGEL is a filler and lazy variant, which reminds some folk of the Excessive variants/repaints that killed 200X (Disco Skeletor, Smashblade He-Man, etc.)
    If this Evil Lyn had come with a Filmation inspired palette, The complaints would have been a LOT less, and one of the VALID EL variants would have been released, and allowing Mattel and the 4H to work on Fembuck 2.0 for the third and possibly Final VALID EL Variant) without dividing the customer base.

    Have fun reveling in misery over that, while I go enjoy these amazing figures, including BG EL, who is easily in my Top 3 MOTUC (only after Adora and Catra, who had never been made in these versions).
    Well, "Horde Suit Catra" is a VALID version of the character, since she was that way in Filmation. Adora never had a figure before, but BGEL is not a VALID variant Since she does NOT look like any version of Evil Lyn Colorwise, or accessory-wise... Heck even Snake MAA is a more Valid variant than BGEL... (since he was transformed into a Snakeman)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  8. #308
    I am that I am Heidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    6,480
    Hi gang!

    The discussion so far has been respectful and civil, but I'm sensing some sparks in the air. This is just a general reminder to all that please lets all do our part to keep the heat out of the kitchen. No, wait, that didn't go right.


    What I mean is, lets all do our part to keep the discussion going in the respectful and civil manner it has been going on so far. Thanks all!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

    I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

    My marketplace feedback


  9. #309
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Keep going...as soon as I get my pics of this awesome figure I'm going to start my own, protected thread, since you people just take over every thread that mentions BG EL and tear it to shreds, discouraging anyone who likes the character from posting and discussing it.

    I'm not against you getting what you want, but people in this thread insult those who like this one who did get what they wanted. On top of it, the argument has now shifted toward me repeating what TG has always said about Classics, and the argument becomes "well Mattel said they would do more" - which apparently everyone forgot as no one mentioned that we have known that since AUGUST until I posted it here, when people were taking credit for making change on some podcast a few weeks ago.

    The PM's I have been getting are right - just like the previous poster who had to leave the thread a few pages back because you people simply twist and turn everything around to fit your agenda. You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.
    I happen to love BGEL, she is minus the Filmation colored clothes, the Evil Lyn I have wanted for 30 years. I do notice that if some fans can't get their figures their way, they knock all that actually do, calling them garbage and crap, and think if their variant isn't made no one else should get theirs, even if theirs are well more popular. I like this Evil-Lyn, and if anyone doesn't then they don't..I'm not going to say you should like it..she at the moment is my preferred version...if she's not yours then so be it.

    Thing is I don't want fans to not get their figures, and it doesn't bother me one way or the other if they do or don't, but some in turn don't want anyone else to enjoy their Evil-Lyn for example, if they don't have theirs that if made, she probably won't be what they are expecting anyway, seeing as how Mattel said no more 200X styled Classics, only 200X styled into a Classics appearance, which means it will be 200X, but look as though it was vintage...and you all know what that means right? Look at Keldor...200X Whiplash was only represented through a head, same as Fisto will be only with a few extra Classics styled 200X accessories...A head is all most 200X characters may get, a vintage styled 200X head packaged with a vintage styled figure.

    Evil-Lyn is one of the only 200X looks I would even want to buy...maybe a He-Man variant or two....but there too, He-Man would be Classics He-Man with a vintage / Classics styled armor and weapons...no new 200X He-Man head or anything else buck related. And also just because Keldor is getting Classicized swords he should have came with first time around, doesn't mean a 200X Keldor is coming....we already have Classics Keldor, and as some like to say Skeletor...and only time will tell if they'll look like everyone thinks they will, and be carbon copies of the originals. But I am all for those swords as I will get them to complete my Keldor..I am not against 200X elements at all I may be biased towards the vintage & Filmation...but not enough to hate other line lovers, and I do believe everyone should get the figure they love.

    I may think something is pointless to make, but just because I do doesn't mean I will openly attack someone because they want it made...like someone I was going back and forth with saying a certain figure shouldn't be made, but God forbid if a 200X version of the same character didn't, which mind you would have the same amount of changes needed to be accurate enough, and which I never actually said I wanted the figure made at all, just stating that enough changes were there to warrant one eventually and anyone with a set of eyes could see...but as I said I would be happy with Filmation heads. And to be like that is to be a bit of an ass in my book, just keep pushing because someone didn't share your view.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 02:24am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  10. #310
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    It's the same few folk who keep harping on it. They said FROM THE BEGINNING that there would likely be more Evil Lyn variants.
    In case you haven't noticed, the MOTU community is passionate about their collecting. The people keep their discussions ongoing because they want Mattel to hear them and make it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    THIS DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE TEXT BOOK DEFINITION OF WHAT CLASSICS ARE SAID TO BE.
    There is no text book definition! Mattel has said things again and again, and then contradicted what they said. I, like many other know this because it's been that way since the beginning, so let's stop trying to be the expert on what Matty said.


    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    What is astonishing at this point is you people keep pointing out that an even more 200x Evil Lyn has been hinted at. In that case - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL WHINING ABOUT THIS ONE?????
    You people? Get off your high horse already! Whining? If anything, you're the one who seems to be throwing a tantrum because others don't see the world your way. If YOU find this figure great, perfect, super, dandy, swell, or spiffy, great! But don't try to be the Johnny Come Lately, who's critical of others for their opinions that aren't in agreement with yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Keep going...as soon as I get my pics of this awesome figure I'm going to start my own, protected thread, since you people just take over every thread that mentions BG EL and tear it to shreds, discouraging anyone who likes the character from posting and discussing it.
    Friendly word of advice, when you start throwing around the "you people" label, be sure you actually know what in the Horde Prime you're talking about. I've had BG Evil-Lyn since before Christmas and I've enjoyed the figure. I have even stuck up for the figure after hearing what the 4H said about their decisions regarding her.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I'm not against you getting what you want, but people in this thread insult those who like this one who did get what they wanted.
    This is a case of "the pot calling the kettle black."

    According to you, "you people" includes me even though I don't hate or dislike the figure and I have never insulted anyone(including you) for liking this figure more than me. So much for the "you people" thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    On top of it, the argument has now shifted toward me repeating what TG has always said about Classics, and the argument becomes "well Mattel said they would do more" - which apparently everyone forgot as no one mentioned that we have known that since AUGUST until I posted it here, when people were taking credit for making change on some podcast a few weeks ago.
    Okay, so you're the victim now? Yeah! So about what TG said, he's said a lot. There have been a lot of contradictions to what TG said over the years. End of story.


    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    The PM's I have been getting are right - just like the previous poster who had to leave the thread a few pages back because you people simply twist and turn everything around to fit your agenda. You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.
    There's the "you people" label again! Okay, so there's a 5th column contacting you via your PM box about the insidious group I unknowingly belong to? Sure! I'm from the Preternia generation who also happened to like Filmation and MYP. I NEVER owned a single 200X figure or Staction.

    Sadly, you don't know me and anyone who's been here longer than you probably knows that I HATE SNOUT SPOUT! Always did, always will. I also hate the Classics Clawful, Buzz-Off and Roboto head sculpts. I am definitely part of that "you people" faction, not the Evil-Lyn "you people" hating faction.


    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Have fun reveling in misery over that, while I go enjoy these amazing figures, including BG EL, who is easily in my Top 3 MOTUC (only after Adora and Catra, who had never been made in these versions).
    The only person who comes across as being in misery is you. Knowing others don't share your opinion irritates you. I like the figure but I still want a PROPER Filmation AND MYP version. People won't agree with your views and you have to learn to deal with it.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 31, 2011 at 02:19am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  11. #311
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    The world is an awesome place!!!!

    Boom De Ah Da, Boom De Ah Da, Boom De Ah Da, Boom De Ah Da

    come on guys!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Knowing others don't share your opinion irritates you. ........... People won't agree with your views and you have to learn to deal with it.
    And really? Kettle Black here?

    You argued with me saying that my opinion a certain character having enough changes to be made into a variant was wrong, and wouldn't let it go, and I never said I actually wanted the figure made, just that it looked different enough to be made someday. And what was different that it could be changed to make that figure. Trying to argue your opinion was better than mine the whole time.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 02:42am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  12. #312
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    ROFL. Well, apparently it's not to MegaGearMax. Apparently it is just the little skirt. You wanted more.

    That's the whole frickin' point here.

    They are never going to satisfy everyone.

    Somehow, a segment of 200x fans think they are more important, that somehow Mattel must bow to your wishes.

    Like this :



    "We" and "what the fans" wanted. 200x fans like this think they represent us all. They do not.

    That's the issue here. You guys rant and rant and rant and have worked yourselves up so that you think that somehow you represent all collectors of MOTUC, and you certainly do not.




    Absolutely. Mattel was considering future variants before you guys started your little crusade. They said so from the beginning. I corrected you a few pages back and gave you the quote from six months ago, when you guys were saying, "oooh listen to this new podcast - we made a difference" when no, you haven't - they have said this all along. I've noticed you have worked that into your arguments now, because you will twist anything to promote this crusade you are on.



    SOME fans requested. SOME.



    Oh gosh, you guys need to learn how to make valid analogies.

    Catra was never released in a vintage form with She-ra's dress.

    Evil Lyn was released vintage with Teelas dress.

    This product is the DEFINITION of "classics", as it combines that vintage, with a Filmation feeling (at least to me) and 200x colors PLUS an extra head.

    But I know, not enough for folk who want replicas of ten year old figures.



    In addition to analogies, you may also wish to bone up on euphemisms.

    The "Classicizer Machine" is simply a term given to the process of combining features from different versions of characters into a new one. It doesn't mean you take the same influences from each line on each figure. It means you take different aspects and recombine them. It is done on a per figure basis, different influences each time.

    What is hilarious about some of you folk is that you keep going ON AND ON about her similarity to Teela - NEWSFLASH - EVIL LYN was ALWAYS a repaint of Teela's body.




    This is the OTHER part of my problem with you folk.

    Instead of saying, "I understand you like it, but", you give me a backhanded insult because I like a "lazy, inaccurate" version.

    What will I do with this one should a true Filmation version come out? Same as I do with ALL variants - love 'em and display them! Another EL won't effect my feelings on this one at all. I have them all worked into my ultimate battle scene, even variants (and I've come up with a good storyline as to why, as well).

    If you hate this Evil Lyn so much, I hope you didn't buy her. If you had no choice because of a sub, I hope you sold her. If you didn't, then the joke is on you - if it's lazy and inaccurate and you still kept it, then I'm not the one who you should be asking that question to.




    I'm reading the same stuff you are, and I also follow very closely what Mattel and 4H said. I'm just not twisting it to my own argument.

    They have said from the beginning that YES THERE WILL LIKELY BE MORE EVIL LYN VARIANTS! I think that's great. So what the heck are you people still bogging up all the BE EL threads about????

    You just said above, you'll get what you want - so why all the anger and vitriol?

    This character has been "classicized" perfectly - it takes several elements of various EL's and made it into one, which pleases so many of us because she's actually NOT FLUORESCENT YELLOW.

    But look at the quotes above, being scolded because I'm happy with a "lazy, inaccurate" version.

    You guys have had your say. You have multiple threads this is going on in. I hate the idea of protected threads (a forum should not need them), but I guess if I want to talk about this great figure without being bashed in the head with unrealistic expectations I'll have to start one.

    It's pretty bad when I am getting PM's from people who are afraid of or simply so frustrated with the few of you who keep posting about this who simply won't participate, or have given up (see earlier posts where people threw up their hands) because you people act like you can take over a forum and if you repeat the same nonsense over and over it becomes true.

    In any case, I've spent way too much time on this - I love the figure, you guys don't. I'm happy, you aren't. Oh well.



    It's the same few folk who keep harping on it. They said FROM THE BEGINNING that there would likely be more Evil Lyn variants.

    THIS DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE TEXT BOOK DEFINITION OF WHAT CLASSICS ARE SAID TO BE.

    What is astonishing at this point is you people keep pointing out that an even more 200x Evil Lyn has been hinted at. In that case - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL WHINING ABOUT THIS ONE?????

    Keep going...as soon as I get my pics of this awesome figure I'm going to start my own, protected thread, since you people just take over every thread that mentions BG EL and tear it to shreds, discouraging anyone who likes the character from posting and discussing it.

    I'm not against you getting what you want, but people in this thread insult those who like this one who did get what they wanted. On top of it, the argument has now shifted toward me repeating what TG has always said about Classics, and the argument becomes "well Mattel said they would do more" - which apparently everyone forgot as no one mentioned that we have known that since AUGUST until I posted it here, when people were taking credit for making change on some podcast a few weeks ago.

    The PM's I have been getting are right - just like the previous poster who had to leave the thread a few pages back because you people simply twist and turn everything around to fit your agenda. You will not be happy until they remake these 200x figures from scratch, and I hope to Grayskull Mattel isn't dumb enough to listen, because the majority of fans out there are not represented by a few people who can't let go of a line that failed.

    Have fun reveling in misery over that, while I go enjoy these amazing figures, including BG EL, who is easily in my Top 3 MOTUC (only after Adora and Catra, who had never been made in these versions).
    I haven't agreed with everything you've posted about this figure or the classics line, but I agree with pretty much everything you've posted here.
    I'm tired of a small group of people attempting to speak for everyone. Tired of trying to read threads about very enjoyable figures only to see the same negativity from the same people over and over. There's a difference between criticism and trolling/spamming. I hope this forum can eventually sort out the difference.
    This is a beautiful figure, it's too bad people still have to complain about it because the line isn't designed to their personal specifications.

  13. #313
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I haven't agreed with everything you've posted about this figure or the classics line, but I agree with pretty much everything you've posted here.
    I'm tired of a small group of people attempting to speak for everyone. Tired of trying to read threads about very enjoyable figures only to see the same negativity from the same people over and over. There's a difference between criticism and trolling/spamming. I hope this forum can eventually sort out the difference.
    This is a beautiful figure, it's too bad people still have to complain about it because the line isn't designed to their personal specifications.
    There are a few things I'd like to see different about this figure, but overall I am very happy with how she looks and can't wait to get her. Basically I would like a Filmation version with a new dress, but I really like the black and purples on this one so I am happy, she is painted so that the same details as before are not as noticeable, but others are more noticeable.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  14. #314
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,535
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    ROFL. Well, apparently it's not to MegaGearMax. Apparently it is just the little skirt. You wanted more.

    That's the whole frickin' point here.

    They are never going to satisfy everyone.

    Somehow, a segment of 200x fans think they are more important, that somehow Mattel must bow to your wishes.
    He's agreeing with me. He's saying Mattel is cheap and lazy and uses the Classicizing argument to hide it.
    I think DO4M would like a new torso for Evil-Lyn too. Let's ask him!

    "We" and "what the fans" wanted. 200x fans like this think they represent us all. They do not.

    That's the issue here. You guys rant and rant and rant and have worked yourselves up so that you think that somehow you represent all collectors of MOTUC, and you certainly do not.
    Why do you think there's anger here? It's you who is the one who's worked up and choose to debate this stuff every morning.

    I never claimed to represent ALL fans. I am one of the fans who wanted a 200X Lyn to have a new skirt.

    Absolutely. Mattel was considering future variants before you guys started your little crusade. They said so from the beginning. I corrected you a few pages back and gave you the quote from six months ago, when you guys were saying, "oooh listen to this new podcast - we made a difference" when no, you haven't - they have said this all along. I've noticed you have worked that into your arguments now, because you will twist anything to promote this crusade you are on.
    I'm saying that we made a difference because it was more than just 3 fans complaining. The mention of the podcast was FOR YOU, because you said that a 200X Lyn wasn't going to happen.

    According to Eric Treadaway, the MOTUC team knows what we want and they are willing to do it. Mission accomplished. The only one still harping on it is you, even after we have explained ourselves.

    Notice, it is your posts keeping this thread relevant as you debate this stuff. We pretty much did our part and told Mattel what we wanted. Now it's on the table.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 31, 2011 at 04:39am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  15. #315
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And really? Kettle Black here?

    You argued with me saying that my opinion a certain character having enough changes to be made into a variant was wrong, and wouldn't let it go,
    I wouldn't let it go? I guess you did by bringing it up again here in this unrelated thread, right?

    Honestly, Filmation Skeletor and Classics Skeletor REALLY are the same figure! Both were 97% vintage figure inspired. As I mentioned to you before, an angry expression on the Skeletor skull makes him look as different as a closed mouth He-Man would suddenly make him an MYP variant. If Filmation Skeletor had a different(not simplified) outfit or if he was purple instead of the exact same color, I'd be all for it.

    But getting back on topic, at least a Filmation Evil-Lyn has completely different colors than the 1st release or BG Evil-Lyn and her lower tunic is completely different on either character. Yeah, they have the same basic shapes but then again, so do jeans and slacks. I'll gladly buy a Filmation variant Evil-Lyn when they release it. I'll also buy a green Trap-Jaw and a red Beastman, not because they have happy, sad, surprised or any other facial expression, but because their colors are completely different. Now if they release orange loin cloth Merman, I'll pass because it's not different enough from the 1st release figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't place any importance whatsoever with her being 'the only female'. That's like saying Mer-man is the single most important Evil Warrior because he's the only aquatic henchman.
    What you place importance on is not up to me, but my point is that Evil-Lyn is second only to Teela as an A-List variant. She existed years before any other main female villain making her the most important female villain in MOTU lore. Some like Shadow Weaver, Catra or Scorpia more but they came much later in the lore.

    As for your Merman comparison, it isn't like my example at all. Now if Skeletor AND all of his evil warriors were female and Merman was the only male figure for the first 3 years of MOTU's existance, I'd say he was the single most important MALE villian in MOTU. His species wouldn't increase his importance due to the variety inherent in MOTU.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 31, 2011 at 05:29am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  16. #316
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Again, you missed the point. Yes, Catra did NOT have to use a shared She-Ra Dress on the vintage line... She only shared it with Sweet Bee, but that's another story for another rant.

    The point I was trying to make that you missed (or are purposely ignoring) is: Would you have been OK With Catra or Adora if instead of doing a figure right (with the correct dress), they do a lazy, uninspired rush job by purposely reusing another character's dress, because they can do it right later on?
    If Catra had, in vintage, been a repaint of She-ra, then yes, I would have been fine with it.

    But she wasn't.

    This is one of those things that you guys keep repeating like it's true, but it's not. TEELA AND EVIL-LYN WERE REPAINTS IN VINTAGE.

    So acting like it's some travesty IGNORES the vintage nod in this figure, which people keep harping on as the big problem. Here are the two vintage figures:





    Now, tell me again that they weren't. Dare ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Again No one is ASKING FOR an EXACT version of 200X Evil Lyn!
    A Different Tunic would have been enough! (IF This figure was meant to be a "Classicized" 200X Evil Lyn)
    A lot of people are...

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Well, DUH! Of course the "Classicizer Machine" is not real. It is a hyperflawed Catchphrase to use as an explanation on stylistic choices meant to phase out the "Anime Hyperdetail" and "that's style is retired" catchphrases.
    Well when someone says, "If this was the classicizer than they would have used X boots on her like they did with X figure" I felt the need to point out that it wasn't a real machine, because they seem to think it's exact.

    It's a phrase that simply means using features from existing designs into a new one - the whole point of Classics.


    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    NO, She wasn't meant to be one... As you could see on the cardback art. Even Filmation had Teela and Evil Lyn wearing Different Dresses, Obviously 200X gave them different dresses (with common elements) So, in 29 years of MOTU, only the vintage toyline had shared dresses cause of the shared tooling from the earlier waves. Sadly Mattel chose to do the same mistake in MOTUC twice!
    Awesome! You admit it. It's a NOD TO VINTAGE. It may be lazy, but that's what it is. So for you guys to act like it's way out of left field is what puzzles me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Well, they should either post or PM the ones who would have preferred a more 200X EL figure as well, that's how discussion boards work, with people posting... and not everyone will agree. Besides it's not gotten bad enough for a mod to pop in, not that I want it to get THAT bad.
    Well, they did right after your post.

    Basically, some of you are acting like schoolyard bullies on this, turning every discussion into 200x, 200x, 200x, and drowning out everyone else so they are giving up. You railroad (like you have here with me - a whole page of responses to one post I make) until you scare people away from even bothering to post. No one else is allowed to have a conversation because you guys won't drop this - EVEN THOUGH YOU ADMIT YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WANT EVENTUALLY.


    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    So basically, you're saying screw one of the Eras that is part of MOTUC?
    No, I'm saying you guys are not the center of the Universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Well, "Horde Suit Catra" is a VALID version of the character, since she was that way in Filmation. Adora never had a figure before, but BGEL is not a VALID variant Since she does NOT look like any version of Evil Lyn Colorwise, or accessory-wise... Heck even Snake MAA is a more Valid variant than BGEL... (since he was transformed into a Snakeman)
    You miss the point of classics. We can go over it again but it won't help.

    Go read "On the MOTU Style" from the MattyCollector boards - it's a sticky.


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the MOTU community is passionate about their collecting. The people keep their discussions ongoing because they want Mattel to hear them and make it right.
    And drowning out those that think this character was right.

    I keep saying "you guys" because a small group of you seem to think you are the center of the Universe, and speak like you speak for everyone. You don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    You people? Get off your high horse already! Whining? If anything, you're the one who seems to be throwing a tantrum because others don't see the world your way. If YOU find this figure great, perfect, super, dandy, swell, or spiffy, great! But don't try to be the Johnny Come Lately, who's critical of others for their opinions that aren't in agreement with yours.
    I don't know what other phrase to use to this small group of you who keep continuing to go on and on about this figure that disappointed you.

    I'm not critical of the OPINION, I'm critical of the same posters BASHING US all in the head in this thread, and any other she is mentioned in.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    The only person who comes across as being in misery is you. Knowing others don't share your opinion irritates you. I like the figure but I still want a PROPER Filmation AND MYP version. People won't agree with your views and you have to learn to deal with it.
    Simply not true.

    I'm just tired of trying to go to threads about this figure and listen to the same people making the same complaints. It's not just thread, it enters others as well.

    I don't care if you like it or not, but I am tired of people acting like the whole MOTUC community thinks this figure is somehow an epic failure, and attempting to drown out anyone with a different opinion. Especially when they post incorrect information, thinking that as long as they repeat the same wrong thing over and over, it becomes true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I haven't agreed with everything you've posted about this figure or the classics line, but I agree with pretty much everything you've posted here.
    I'm tired of a small group of people attempting to speak for everyone. Tired of trying to read threads about very enjoyable figures only to see the same negativity from the same people over and over. There's a difference between criticism and trolling/spamming. I hope this forum can eventually sort out the difference.
    This is a beautiful figure, it's too bad people still have to complain about it because the line isn't designed to their personal specifications.
    Thank you.

    That's what I have been hearing from others.

    People just don't bother to post in a thread like this, because the same small group of people just takes over and rants about the figure, so it's impossible to have a decent discussion about it.

    Many people have given up - but I haven't. When I have a chance later I will start a protected thread as I said - it's a sad, sad shame we have to, but "these people", this group, whatever, railroad the discussion so bad everyone else gives up.


    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why do you think there's anger here? It's you who is the one who's worked up and choose to debate this stuff every morning.
    Because I make one post and a half dozen of the same people jump all over it.

    When people post incorrect information to refute something I have said (as you have in this thread) I'm going to correct it, and when people keep posting the same tired stuff over and over and bury posts other people make, it's a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Notice, it is your posts keeping this thread relevant as you debate this stuff. We pretty much did our part and told Mattel what we wanted. Now it's on the table.
    As was said way back in August, it was already on the table. But if you want to take credit for it, g'head.

    But here's the thing - and it will be the last thing I say in this thread, as I am about to start my own. It's amazing how threatened some of you are by a different opinion. I posted mine, and now it's turned into days of being made out to be some anti-200x person, and the people doing it have spent a great deal of time arguing at me.

    I'm just one person, with one opinion. And yet...it seems to mean so much, that all of you who have posted over and over to me making poor analogies and forcing these same opinions over and over back on me. Just one person. I personally think that says a lot that my posts are so objectionable to some of you, but I'll leave it at that.

    I'm off to the new thread.

  17. #317
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,130
    I personally was hoping for a carback version since Teela got her special cardback outfit. But after the let down of the first Evil Lyn , they gave her second version the same outfit again. An outfit thats clearly the original Teela outfit.
    It was already a pity they gave it also to the Green Goddess( but that was at the biginning of the line).

    Look at Kobra Kahns gun for example! He shared it with Zodac in the vintage line but they individualised it for MotUC!
    Such minor changes are giving the figure a much stronger presence.

    It seems to make sense giving her Teelas outfit when you bring up the vintage figures, but isn´t she loosing a lot of impact?
    And a 200x Evil Lyn she is not. Maybe Filmation or a mixture.
    But for some fans definitely a disappointment.

    Im ok with the sharing of bodyparts in MotUC, but i don´t like it when different characters are sharing the same outfit.
    For sure would i prefer an Evil Lyn with an individual tunic!

    ...and a Green Godess, Mekaneck, Jitsu and Clamp Champ also please ;-)
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 31, 2011 at 09:17am.

  18. #318
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I wouldn't let it go? I guess you did by bringing it up again here in this unrelated thread, right?

    Honestly, Filmation Skeletor and Classics Skeletor REALLY are the same figure! Both were 97% vintage figure inspired. As I mentioned to you before, an angry expression on the Skeletor skull makes him look as different as a closed mouth He-Man would suddenly make him an MYP variant. If Filmation Skeletor had a different(not simplified) outfit or if he was purple instead of the exact same color, I'd be all for it.
    Same thing here, I didn't mention what figure, I mentioned the fact you went on about how I was wrong, and you are right, just like you just did again. And you acted like to another poster that he was guilty of doing the same thing you just got done doing, and are still doing...I never went into specifics...you just did...again......And again I am not wrong for seeing the differences from Classics Skeletor to Filmation Skeletor, and there are differences, I do have eyes, and well more than 3% I'm afraid...since you went back into specifics.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  19. #319
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    If Catra had, in vintage, been a repaint of She-ra, then yes, I would have been fine with it.

    But she wasn't.

    This is one of those things that you guys keep repeating like it's true, but it's not. TEELA AND EVIL-LYN WERE REPAINTS IN VINTAGE.

    So acting like it's some travesty IGNORES the vintage nod in this figure, which people keep harping on as the big problem. Here are the two vintage figures:

    http://www.kirbostic.com/drawthetoy/evillyn2.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ela40_full.jpg

    Now, tell me again that they weren't. Dare ya.
    So you would not have been OK if they had done that in MOTUC, Right? Just to be sure.
    Before I answer your Teela and Evil Lyn dare, let me post a little picture.

    Look at the Cardback art of Evil Lyn (What she was MEANT to Look like) now look at the pic of the Toy. IT's NOT EXACT, but Close Enough. Now look at the Cardback Evil Lyn and MOTUC Evil Lyn. MOTUC version is LESS accurate to the Vintage toy AND the Cardback Evil Lyn. Now look at Cardback Teela AND Cardback Evil Lyn. See the Difference?
    Now Why is Skeletor in the pic?
    Look at MOTUC Skeletor, does he have "Whiplash arms"? Nope! HE has Cardback arms! Cardback feet and is very different from his vintage toy.
    Do you get it now? MOTUC Evil Lyn has been robbed from her cardback look TWICE because Mattel has been Lazy/Cheap. While the rest of her cardback buddies have gotten their cardback versions.
    Now to answer your dare, yes they weren't meant to be the same.


    A lot of people are...
    ... asking for an Evil Lyn that breaks free from the shackles of being a Teela Repaint. While yes it would be cool if we could get something as close as possible to 200X with the MOTUC Proportions and Articulation, most 200X fans want an Evil Lyn that is NOT a Repaint of Teela!



    Well when someone says, "If this was the classicizer than they would have used X boots on her like they did with X figure" I felt the need to point out that it wasn't a real machine, because they seem to think it's exact.

    It's a phrase that simply means using features from existing designs into a new one - the whole point of Classics.
    Actually, it is a scapegoat for Mattel to cheap out on figures/accessories and possible variants. Keldor's swords come to mind...


    Awesome! You admit it. It's a NOD TO VINTAGE. It may be lazy, but that's what it is. So for you guys to act like it's way out of left field is what puzzles me.
    It's not really a nod to vintage. Mattel being cheap is not a "Nod to vintage". A nod to vintage would have been if Evil Lyn HAD come with her Vintage toy dress.
    What came out the left field was creating a whole NEW Variant with no past media support, JUST to reuse Teela's dress instead of making a variant that FANS ACTUALLY WANTED! (Filmation EL, or 200X EL) Heck, Bubble Power She-Ra was more of a worthy variant than BGEL is. (She is NOT a REPAINT AND She is based on a Valid Variant)

    Well, they did right after your post.
    Good for them!

    Basically, some of you are acting like schoolyard bullies on this, turning every discussion into 200x, 200x, 200x, and drowning out everyone else so they are giving up. You railroad (like you have here with me - a whole page of responses to one post I make) until you scare people away from even bothering to post. No one else is allowed to have a conversation because you guys won't drop this - EVEN THOUGH YOU ADMIT YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WANT EVENTUALLY.
    Uh, YOU ASKED FOR AN EXPLANATION, I tried to give you one, but you dismiss it and then try to take some pot-shots at 200X fans by calling them whiners, bullies, etc. So you're playing the victim, eh? Again, YOU Asked for an explanation, when one is given to you you dismiss it, thus causing people to try again so you can understand.


    No, I'm saying you guys are not the center of the Universe.
    No one has claimed to be the Center of the Universe!

    You miss the point of classics. We can go over it again but it won't help.

    Go read "On the MOTU Style" from the MattyCollector boards - it's a sticky.
    Nice, now you're being condescending... Go over it again?
    Been there done that. You're the one who doesn't get what the 200X fans have tried to say:
    "We'd like to see 200X Versions of MOTU characters in the Classics line. These figures should be made using the MOTUC bodies and proportions. They should look like MOTUC figures WEARING 200X costumes. We DO NOT WANT THE BLOCKY Angular Bodies or weird Oversized Armor/Weapons. Just the Designs being made to fit the softer, rounder MOTUC Style.


    I keep saying "you guys" because a small group of you seem to think you are the center of the Universe, and speak like you speak for everyone. You don't.
    and neither do you, but you seem to think you are.


    I'm not critical of the OPINION, I'm critical of the same posters BASHING US all in the head in this thread, and any other she is mentioned in.
    Again, on this thread YOU requested an explanation, but dismiss it every time you get one, thus causing the repetitive "Bashing in the head" because you have already have set yourself to think that 200X fans are unreasonable bullies

    Because I make one post and a half dozen of the same people jump all over it.

    When people post incorrect information to refute something I have said (as you have in this thread) I'm going to correct it, and when people keep posting the same tired stuff over and over and bury posts other people make, it's a problem.
    You've posted incorrect info as well, but when someone corrects you, it's "railroading the thread","Bashing us in the head", or "bullying".

    As was said way back in August, it was already on the table. But if you want to take credit for it, g'head.

    But here's the thing - and it will be the last thing I say in this thread, as I am about to start my own. It's amazing how threatened some of you are by a different opinion. I posted mine, and now it's turned into days of being made out to be some anti-200x person, and the people doing it have spent a great deal of time arguing at me.

    I'm just one person, with one opinion. And yet...it seems to mean so much, that all of you who have posted over and over to me making poor analogies and forcing these same opinions over and over back on me. Just one person. I personally think that says a lot that my posts are so objectionable to some of you, but I'll leave it at that.

    I'm off to the new thread.
    No one here has been "threatened" by your opinion! You on the other hand are very "threatened" by the "200Xers" opinion... (so much that you had to make a thread that only people that agree with your opinion can post)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    P.S.
    Wait a minute! You said you'd be OK with it (having one character use a repaint of another character's dress) as long as it has some vintage precedent. So does this mean that You'd be OK if Sweet Be wore Catra's Horde Dress in Sweet Bee colors? (since the vintage Toyline had Catra and Sweet Bee sharing dresses)
    Last edited by DO4M; December 31, 2011 at 01:35pm. Reason: Adding Horde Sweet Bee Analogy
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  20. #320
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,535
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    This is one of those things that you guys keep repeating like it's true, but it's not. TEELA AND EVIL-LYN WERE REPAINTS IN VINTAGE.
    Yes, they were and we have the vintage versions in Classics already. However, we wanted the 200X version which was NOT a vintage repaint, but had her own unique outfit.

    Well when someone says, "If this was the classicizer than they would have used X boots on her like they did with X figure" I felt the need to point out that it wasn't a real machine, because they seem to think it's exact.

    It's a phrase that simply means using features from existing designs into a new one - the whole point of Classics.
    Going by the definition, 200X Evil-Lyn's costume wasn't the Teela costume in 200X. It's all new. There's nothing to Classicize down to because it doesn't exist in the vintage line. The reason why the 4H went with a repaint was that the 2.0 buck was coming, but it wouldn't have been ready for BGEL.

    Well, they did right after your post.

    Basically, some of you are acting like schoolyard bullies on this, turning every discussion into 200x, 200x, 200x, and drowning out everyone else so they are giving up. You railroad (like you have here with me - a whole page of responses to one post I make) until you scare people away from even bothering to post. No one else is allowed to have a conversation because you guys won't drop this - EVEN THOUGH YOU ADMIT YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WANT EVENTUALLY.
    No, this thread was pretty peaceful until you came in. And you say we have an agenda?

    You miss the point of classics. We can go over it again but it won't help.

    Go read "On the MOTU Style" from the MattyCollector boards - it's a sticky.
    Those rules are not consistent and change all the time. Buzz-Off came with his 200X halberd AND his vintage axe. Where are the rules? Keldor's swords are supposed to be the 200X swords, but Mattel didn't want to tool them. After the fans complained (and not just 200X fans), eventually it was overturned. BGEL was supposed to be the classicized version of Evil-Lyn's outfit and THAT was overturned. Snake MAA's spandex was the Classicized version and THAT is being changed to reflect his 200X body armor.

    I'm just tired of trying to go to threads about this figure and listen to the same people making the same complaints. It's not just thread, it enters others as well.

    I don't care if you like it or not, but I am tired of people acting like the whole MOTUC community thinks this figure is somehow an epic failure, and attempting to drown out anyone with a different opinion. Especially when they post incorrect information, thinking that as long as they repeat the same wrong thing over and over, it becomes true.
    What information is incorrect?

    But here's the thing - and it will be the last thing I say in this thread, as I am about to start my own. It's amazing how threatened some of you are by a different opinion. I posted mine, and now it's turned into days of being made out to be some anti-200x person, and the people doing it have spent a great deal of time arguing at me.

    I'm just one person, with one opinion. And yet...it seems to mean so much, that all of you who have posted over and over to me making poor analogies and forcing these same opinions over and over back on me. Just one person. I personally think that says a lot that my posts are so objectionable to some of you, but I'll leave it at that.
    Hold up...

    We were trying to tell you what we thought was "wrong" with the figure for 4 pages. No one was trying to drown you out. We were trying to educate you. But here's why you have so many people here talking to you:

    You're so fired up with defending this figure that you weren't listening to a thing anyone was saying. If anyone is being angry and condescending with all these "you people" comments, it's YOU.

    • You were thinking that we wanted a carbon copy of 200X Evil-Lyn, which wasn't true.
    • Then you kept trying to tell fans to go to eBay to use the 200X figure from another line to use in this line.
    • You told us that a 200X version of Evil-Lyn would never happen. We even gave you proof that it can.
    • You're arguing the definition of Classics style, which turns out to be malleable from figure to figure.

    And yet, somehow the 200X fans are the angry, unreasonable ones?

    Remember, before you showed up to this shindig and told fans to go to eBay because they dared to ask Mattel for another Evil-Lyn, everyone was happy with Eric's message on Roast Gooble Dinner. That's what we were talking about--not bashing Battleground Evil-Lyn.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 31, 2011 at 02:55pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  21. #321
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    What you place importance on is not up to me, but my point is that Evil-Lyn is second only to Teela as an A-List variant. She existed years before any other main female villain making her the most important female villain in MOTU lore. Some like Shadow Weaver, Catra or Scorpia more but they came much later in the lore.
    Ahhhh... Now THAT I'll agree with. Of the female villains she is the most important. That I can get behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I can't change your opinion but Evil-Lyn was the ONLY female of the Evil Warriors for the first 3 years of MOTU. Looking at the ORIGINAL MOTU before everything else was thrown into it, we had 3 females TOTAL in the vintage collection, and Sorceress came in at the very end. To me, that makes Evil-Lyn the single most important Evil Warrior in all of MOTU.
    THIS I didn't agree with. Of the female henchmen, she is the coolest since she was original. Of the monkey/ape henchmen, Beast man beats out Gygor any day of the week.

    I just don't see her as the most important henchemen over ALL, JUST because she was female.

  22. #322
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,194
    BGEL ROCKS...
    The new head is SUPER AWESOME!!!
    In standing BGEL next to Tella...it really does look like a different figure.

    It really is a shame that a "very loud and repetative minority of 200 (I think even less really), make this board so annoying.

    It's interesting that there are already "too many females in this line" but we need another 200X version of EL....lol or King Hiss's slave girl...subtle...really subtle.

    Enough females that I don't want is really what we're trying to say.

    I think the majority of fans really are happy with BGEL. I know alot of us work in retail and this is ALWAYS something I tell me employees...people who have a positive expereince are likely to tell 3 people about it. People who have a negative experience are likely to tell 10.

    I think it would be wise of .org to have a subcatergory ( I am on another collectors message board and they use this) a DEBATE catergory. It keeps general discussion free of all the negativity but still allows for difference in opinions. The difference is you can actually choose to read over and over and over the debate.

  23. #323
    Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Rideau Lakes, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,719
    ...and we can't choose now?

    If I don't want to read any bickering, I can just skim over those posts. And in some cases, place any particular annoying poster on the ignore list.

    Do we really need more subcategories?

  24. #324
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I think it would be wise of .org to have a subcatergory ( I am on another collectors message board and they use this) a DEBATE catergory. It keeps general discussion free of all the negativity but still allows for difference in opinions. The difference is you can actually choose to read over and over and over the debate.
    I once had a thread where I suggested to have the mods make an Era War thread where they can move any and all 200X based arguments off the forums into a debate thread.

    No one wanted it. They said it didn't allow for free speech. No one wanted a forum where everyone had the same opinion.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  25. #325
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,567
    So I guess that you can't have a BGEL protected topic without asking for permission which to me is stupid...you should be able to at least have a thread for a figure or topic that doesn't offer debate for fans who like that topic and don't want to be bothered by negativity....why should this be such a hard thing for haters to leave alone when the title wuold ask you to.....so if someone put "BGEL appreciaters thread" people would still feel need to post negative comments and hijack that thread....when they could just leave well enough alone without having to have a protected thread..but they won't.

    I didn't start the thread so whatever, but my point is why can't you start an unprotected thread with a title stating that negative commenters not post?....but they would still feel need to do so. You should be able to have threads like that without protection and the negative ones stay out....I don't think censoring is a good idea, we have enough as is, but thing is if it's a post for appreciators they should be able to have it without needed to have it protected.

    Thing is if people love BGEL, they should be able to post and enjoy reading other positive comments without having someone who just wants to be an ass hijack it, because they are ticked Mattel didn't make her the way they thought she should have been, when there are well more that like a figure than a handful that don't. And I have noticed that a small handful think they represent the opinions of others, and think Mattel should cater to them, and no one else.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 03:45pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •