Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 391

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

  1. #326
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I didn't start the thread so whatever, but my point is why can't you start an unprotected thread with a title stating that negative commenters not post?....but they would still feel need to do so. You should be able to have threads like that without protection and the negative ones stay out....I don't think censoring is a good idea, we have enough as is, but thing is if it's a post for appreciators they should be able to have it without needed to have it protected.
    As a rule, I hate the concept of the protected threads. I really don't want the mattel executives or TG or anyone else in power coming to a thread and seeing 200 people who absolutely love __________ with zero other comments speaking the other side.

    I want MY opinion heard too. If 200 people want more 200x influence, and 500 want more vintage... I don't want the 200 people with opinions to go unopposed.

    If I'm in the minority, I can live with that. but a whole thread talking about how awesome it is for Spector to be Skeletor's kid... or petitions to get snake marlena with no differeing opinions? I don't want ANYONE to base marketing decisions on THAT

  2. #327
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So I guess that you can't have a BGEL protected topic without asking for permission which to me is stupid...you should be able to at least have a thread for a figure or topic that doesn't offer debate for fans who like that topic and don't want to be bothered by negativity....why should this be such a hard thing for haters to leave alone when the title wuold ask you to.....so if someone put "BGEL appreciaters thread" people would still feel need to post negative comments and hijack that thread....when they could just leave well enough alone without having to have a protected thread..but they won't.

    I didn't start the thread so whatever, but my point is why can't you start an unprotected thread with a title stating that negative commenters not post?....but they would still feel need to do so. You should be able to have threads like that without protection and the negative ones stay out....I don't think censoring is a good idea, we have enough as is, but thing is if it's a post for appreciators they should be able to have it without needed to have it protected.
    What's stopping you from posting positive messages about BGEL here?

    So long as you don't try to tell other fans what they should want, everything should be fine.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  3. #328
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,088
    She is Not Yellow and she has a GITD Orb. That cape could be used on other characters.
    There, I said something positive about the figure.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  4. #329
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What's stopping you from posting positive messages about BGEL here?

    So long as you don't try to tell other fans what they should want, everything should be fine.
    This coming from the same person who a few posts prior said that he was trying to educate people on what was wrong with BGEL. Who says what's right or wrong? I don't want to bash you MGM (as it's not what I'm trying to do), but, whenever there is a new MotU character reveal that doesn't look like it's 200X, you're one of the first people bashing it a lot of the time. It happens a lot on these forums, where a certain few people who are very vocal about what they want, don't let people enjoy a figure. There are a certain five or six 200X fans that are super vocal about their version of a character being the right version. It's the same thing with a certain five or six vintage PoP toy fans when it comes to PoP characters. Look, I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure or appreciation for a certain figure, but don't feel obligated to tell and try to convince people that your version of a character is the right one. That sort of thing derails threads all the time and leads to animosity.

  5. #330
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    This coming from the same person who a few posts prior said that he was trying to educate people on what was wrong with BGEL. Who says what's right or wrong? I don't want to bash you MGM (as it's not what I'm trying to do), but, whenever there is a new MotU character reveal that doesn't look like it's 200X, you're one of the first people bashing it a lot of the time. It happens a lot on these forums, where a certain few people who are very vocal about what they want, don't let people enjoy a figure. There are a certain five or six 200X fans that are super vocal about their version of a character being the right version. It's the same thing with a certain five or six vintage PoP toy fans when it comes to PoP characters. Look, I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure or appreciation for a certain figure, but don't feel obligated to tell and try to convince people that your version of a character is the right one. That sort of thing derails threads all the time and leads to animosity.
    People are trying to tell ME that I should love BGEL. I'm not trying to make anyone like what I like.

    I might have problems with some figures, but I NEVER try to tell people what to buy or what they should like.

    As for "wrong", that's the opinion of the fans who wanted her with the 200X outfit. I did put "wrong" in quotation marks.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 31, 2011 at 04:37pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #331
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Same thing here, I didn't mention what figure, I mentioned the fact you went on about how I was wrong, and you are right, just like you just did again. And you acted like to another poster that he was guilty of doing the same thing you just got done doing, and are still doing...I never went into specifics...you just did...again......And again I am not wrong for seeing the differences from Classics Skeletor to Filmation Skeletor, and there are differences, I do have eyes, and well more than 3% I'm afraid...since you went back into specifics.
    It's obvious that you're still peeved at our debate in the other thread because you choose to vaguely reference it here and paint me out to be the bad guy. In my defense I restated my views just in case anyone wanted to know what you were talking about.

    Wanting a Filmation Skeletor doesn't make you wrong and I NEVER said as much. But saying that he needs a new angry facial expression because it makes him an entirely different looking character than the vintage/classic sculpt IS WRONG. For example, when you smile for the camera does anyone ever say "Who in the heck are you? My friend shadowfall1976 was just standing there and then you appeared out of nowhere!" I'm guessing not. Only Zartan can change his appearance that drastically and he does it with more than a smiley face.

    For the record, I'll buy a new hood, feet and forearms if Mattel ever releases them in a weapons pack. I won't buy a carded Skeletor variant that's 97% accurate to the existing Classics Skeletor. If they decide to make him purple, I'll change my mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    She is Not Yellow and she has a GITD Orb. That cape could be used on other characters.
    There, I said something positive about the figure.
    I like my BG Evil-Lyn. The new headsculpt, the new cape, and the glowing orb are magnificent! The figure being entirely different in color makes her really stand apart from the 1st release, which is a very good thing for me. She is easily my favorite female figure released so far.

    I am still looking forward to a Filmation and MYP variant though.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 31, 2011 at 04:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  7. #332
    Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Rideau Lakes, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,714
    Not to pile on you MGM, but maybe a little more "what I think is wrong", or "in my opinion" type stuff could help in your posts.

    Even though I and many others understand you aren't talking for everyone, it certainly appears many other do think you are.

    Who knows, maybe for some it's a language barrier and they take what's written way too literaly. Sometimes we forget just how many fellow MOTU fans don't speak English as their first language and things like "IMO" are a necessity when typing out our thoughts............. in my opinion.

  8. #333
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People are trying to tell ME that I should love BGEL. I'm not trying to make anyone like what I like.

    I might have problems with some figures, but I NEVER try to tell people what to buy or what they should like.

    As for "wrong", that's the opinion of the fans who wanted her with the 200X outfit. I did put "wrong" in quotation marks.
    You might not try to tell people what to like, but it does come off like you are a lot of the time. Hey man, I hope you get all the 200X you want. I just think that you do go a bit over the top at times (as do a few others), and it can be a bit abrasive. Like I said earlier, go on giving your opinion-just try to temper it a bit, because it does come off like you're trying to tell people what to like.

  9. #334
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    This coming from the same person who a few posts prior said that he was trying to educate people on what was wrong with BGEL. Who says what's right or wrong? I don't want to bash you MGM (as it's not what I'm trying to do), but, whenever there is a new MotU character reveal that doesn't look like it's 200X, you're one of the first people bashing it a lot of the time. It happens a lot on these forums, where a certain few people who are very vocal about what they want, don't let people enjoy a figure. There are a certain five or six 200X fans that are super vocal about their version of a character being the right version. It's the same thing with a certain five or six vintage PoP toy fans when it comes to PoP characters. Look, I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure or appreciation for a certain figure, but don't feel obligated to tell and try to convince people that your version of a character is the right one. That sort of thing derails threads all the time and leads to animosity.
    To Be Fair, EtherianChronicles "WANTED" to understand why People desire a 200X Version. Then EC ignored the explanations and chalked up the posts as 200X fans being the bad guys. Before EC stirred up the pot, the thread was going in a positive direction. Heck some of the "so-called haters" were even posting positive stuff about her!

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    So educate me then, instead of just being snarky.
    EC was the one who used the term "educate". MGM was probably making reference to that.

    Now, if anyone else feels like saying "I LOVE BGEL!" feel free to do so. just don't ask why I don't love her to then ignore why I don't love her (and try to make it seem like anyone who disagrees with you is a whiny, irrational bully)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  10. #335
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    To Be Fair, EtherianChronicles "WANTED" to understand why People desire a 200X Version. Then EC ignored the explanations and chalked up the posts as 200X fans being the bad guys. Before EC stirred up the pot, the thread was going in a positive direction. Heck some of the "so-called haters" were even posting positive stuff about her!

    EC was the one who used the term "educate". MGM was probably making reference to that.

    Now, if anyone else feels like saying "I LOVE BGEL!" feel free to do so. just don't ask why I don't love her to then ignore why I don't love her (and try to make it seem like anyone who disagrees with you is a whiny, irrational bully)
    I think where EC had a problem was that, in 200X fans explaining their want for a 200X EL, they were bashing BGEL (who I feel is the perfect EL). They kept saying that this and that is wrong with BGEL, instead of just saying "BGEL is not what I wanted, this is what I wanted".

  11. #336
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    To Be Fair, EtherianChronicles "WANTED" to understand why People desire a 200X Version. Then EC ignored the explanations and chalked up the posts as 200X fans being the bad guys. Before EC stirred up the pot, the thread was going in a positive direction. Heck some of the "so-called haters" were even posting positive stuff about her!

    EC was the one who used the term "educate". MGM was probably making reference to that.

    Now, if anyone else feels like saying "I LOVE BGEL!" feel free to do so. just don't ask why I don't love her to then ignore why I don't love her (and try to make it seem like anyone who disagrees with you is a whiny, irrational bully)
    In TOTAL AGREEMENT with you DO4M because it was my observation as well. Being thrown in the "you people" catagory and accused of bashing others for liking a figure that I like was pretty insulting. My hate for Snout Spout is unmatched(meteorbs aside) but I have never attacked anyone for liking him. Why would I start with BG Evil-Lyn? It just doesn't make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    I think where EC had a problem was that, in 200X fans explaining their want for a 200X EL, they were bashing BGEL (who I feel is the perfect EL). They kept saying that this and that is wrong with BGEL, instead of just saying "BGEL is not what I wanted, this is what I wanted".
    Please remember that I am NOT a 200X fan. I liked the cartoon and I liked some of the redesigns but I'm from the Preternia Generation. I played with He-Man toys a full year before Filmation came on the scene. I never bashed BGEL yet I was accused of doing just that.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 31, 2011 at 05:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  12. #337
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Let's move on!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We'll move on after they make Evil-Lyn RIGHT.
    Less half-empty, more half-full!

    Now I want to buy another BG Teela so I can customize a bikini Evil Lyn with that new head!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  13. #338
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    WHile you people are arguing that you do not like this Evil-Lyn, I wish I could just at least have the damn figure in my hands instead of wondering if Matty is ever going to ship my order since they do not seem to know what they did with my Wind Raider (and it is now past the 48 hour ticket window they gave me to try to figure out what is going on with my WR).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  14. #339
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    WHile you people are arguing that you do not like this Evil-Lyn, I wish I could just at least have the damn figure in my hands instead of wondering if Matty is ever going to ship my order
    No argument here. I've liked BG Evil-Lyn since I first saw here. I've had my figure since December 24th and she is now my all-time favorite female in the line. She'll more than likely hold that position until we get an MYP version.

    I did have a couple quality control issues with my figure though. The paint applications on the right side of her coin(?) belt is way off center. Also, the nose of the helmeted figure, which is hidden in package looks like it's slightly shaved off. I don't like it so my figure will always be displayed helmetless.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  15. #340
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Not to pile on you MGM, but maybe a little more "what I think is wrong", or "in my opinion" type stuff could help in your posts.

    Even though I and many others understand you aren't talking for everyone, it certainly appears many other do think you are.

    Who knows, maybe for some it's a language barrier and they take what's written way too literaly. Sometimes we forget just how many fellow MOTU fans don't speak English as their first language and things like "IMO" are a necessity when typing out our thoughts............. in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    You might not try to tell people what to like, but it does come off like you are a lot of the time. Hey man, I hope you get all the 200X you want. I just think that you do go a bit over the top at times (as do a few others), and it can be a bit abrasive. Like I said earlier, go on giving your opinion-just try to temper it a bit, because it does come off like you're trying to tell people what to like.
    In hindsight, you guys are correct about how aggressive I can be, sometimes without my intending to be. Maybe I could have been more diplomatic in my approach. I really try to be.

    So I apologize if I offended any forum members who like BGEL.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  16. #341
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Not to pile on you MGM, but maybe a little more "what I think is wrong", or "in my opinion" type stuff could help in your posts.
    MGM is consistently one of the more laid back and thoughtful posters on here from what I've seen. It would not help. Whenever someone is posting, it's a given that it's their opinion.

    Some people don't like negative criticism or differing opinions. You can't help that.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    What's stopping you from posting positive messages about BGEL here?
    Nothing has stopped the purported silent majority from posting their opinions, positive or negative. The mods enforce civility and there is an ignore button. If fans choose not to post, that's their issue. They're adults.

  17. #342
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What's stopping you from posting positive messages about BGEL here?

    So long as you don't try to tell other fans what they should want, everything should be fine.
    Wasn't my point, my point was others may want a thread to just say what they like...and others will still post crap putting the thing they like down or them for liking it...I really don't care personally but I have noticed a few threads that were good in the beginning but get hijacked by someone who hated what the others liked...then it goes down from there....point is everywhere there is someone telling someone that I don't like this, you shouldn't either. I mean there was a whole long post about how this one and that one hated the Star Sisters, and made it seem that anyone liking them or defending them were idiots.

    My other point was why can't you have a thread without protection..that the negative posters just stay away from....But someone will feel the need to throw their ridiculous comments into an otherwise positive thread....

    I can say positive things here, and I have...but sometimes when someone says what they specifically like about a figure, someone in the next post will say that those things look stupid or ask how could you like that, when it looks like this...
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 05:50pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  18. #343
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Nothing has stopped the purported silent majority from posting their opinions, positive or negative. The mods enforce civility and there is an ignore button. If fans choose not to post, that's their issue. They're adults.
    Ignore button? Really? I've never noticed that.

    Why would you come to a discussion forum if you didn't want to hear what everyone had to say? (that's rhetorical)
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  19. #344
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Ignore button? Really? I've never noticed that.

    Why would you come to a discussion forum if you didn't want to hear what everyone had to say?
    Some people have an inability to handle opinions they don't agree with. Hence, the ignore button.

    I personally don't utilize it', it's just as easy for me to skip over posts and threads I don't like. Apparently some people can't do that though. So it's there for those that feel intimidated by "negative" posters or people they don't agree with.

    (that's rhetorical)

  20. #345
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    It's obvious that you're still peeved at our debate in the other thread because you choose to vaguely reference it here and paint me out to be the bad guy. In my defense I restated my views just in case anyone wanted to know what you were talking about.

    Wanting a Filmation Skeletor doesn't make you wrong and I NEVER said as much. But saying that he needs a new angry facial expression because it makes him an entirely different looking character than the vintage/classic sculpt IS WRONG. For example, when you smile for the camera does anyone ever say "Who in the heck are you? My friend shadowfall1976 was just standing there and then you appeared out of nowhere!" I'm guessing not. Only Zartan can change his appearance that drastically and he does it with more than a smiley face.

    For the record, I'll buy a new hood, feet and forearms if Mattel ever releases them in a weapons pack. I won't buy a carded Skeletor variant that's 97% accurate to the existing Classics Skeletor. If they decide to make him purple, I'll change my mind.
    That is not all I said was different..I never said the face alone made him worthy of a new figure...I said he would need new forearms, new loin cloth, re-used Keldor boots, and a new head, as well as an Axe & resculpted Havoc Staff head...now where out of that do you get I said he only needed a new face? and all that stuff wasn't different from the Classics / Vintage release to a Filmation release? because all of that stuff is, now why don't you say all of that since your new argument makes it seem as though I said a new Skeletor was justified if it only had a new head sculpt, and I did not. And that makes Skeletor get new things well more than the 3% you claim he needs.

    And what you seem to neglect to realize is that my initial comment to you was that you were saying someone else had an issue with someone not liking his view, and that you had just got done doing the same....you know the Kettle Black comment, and I was using our discussion as a point to that fact. which is why I was vague, and never specified anything....then you jumped back into saying i was wrong, and now you are trying to make it seem I said something altogether different. And to top it all off I was never calling for a Filmation Skeletor to be made at all, I was stating that he had enough differences to get one someday. I mean stating something looks different enough, doesn't mean you want one made, just stating a fact that Filmation Skeletor doesn't look 100% like Classics Skeletor, and that is a fact, and there are more than 3% differences to that fact. I mean new body parts make up a big percentage, forearms, feet and head, then loin cloth and weapons, and even if you skip the loin cloth the rest of the combined parts are more than 3%....

    Again I said he would need more than a head to be made...so don't make it seem as though you are right by trying to leave out the other parts I said he'd need. If it was no more than a head I wouldn't even have brought it up....and I'd be happy with just getting a head myself. But if as you say you are not saying I am wrong, then why continue to push your opinion on me? And I did vaguely reference it here because I didn't want to state specifics in an unrelated thread, then you proceeded to do so in your next post. And again only to prove which I think I have done since you continue to keep on, and now are changing what our original back and forth was about by making it seem as though I only said a new Skelly was warranted by just making a new head, to prove that you don't like your opinion challenged, as you were going on to another poster about, because he may have been doing the same thing, the same thing you did in the other thread, and are now doing here.

    Now enough about the friggin Skeletor, since I did vaguely reference to it, and not by which character I was referring, while trying to make a point that you were just as guilty of going on because someone didn't share your view on a particular subject, and if you didn't care so much about your particular opinion you wouldn't have kept on about it....And I will defend my opinion since you feel you have the right to keep pushing yours on me. And if by peeved, you are referring to constantly calling me wrong about my opinion, which I am clearly entitled to have, then yes I am.

    And I said before you wouldn't let it go, and you didn't and if I didn't delete that thread you still would be, like you are here. But you also tried to imply here that someone else was guilty of pushing an opinion, and others that don't irritate you. And you had done a similar thing before..that is why the reference was vague....It was all about your comment to another poster, and making it seem as though you don't do it as well. But then you turned it back into a you're right, I'm wrong thing about a specific item, in your next post.....or did I miss that fact?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 31, 2011 at 07:01pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #346
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I personally don't utilize it', it's just as easy for me to skip over posts and threads I don't like. Apparently some people can't do that though. So it's there for those that feel intimidated by "negative" posters or people they don't agree with.



    Yeah... I've never used it either. Been tempted a few times, but I don't think there's anyone here that i disagree with 100% of the time, and even then they can make interesting thoughts.

  22. #347
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That is not all I said was different..I never said the face alone made him worthy of a new figure...I said he would need new forearms, new loin cloth, re-used Keldor boots, and a new head, as well as an Axe & resculpted Havoc Staff head...now where out of that do you get I said he only needed a new face? and all that stuff wasn't different from the Classics / Vintage release to a Filmation release? because all of that stuff is, now why don't you say all of that since your new argument makes it seem as though I said a new Skeletor was justified if it only had a new head sculpt, and I did not. And that makes Skeletor get new things well more than the 3% you claim he needs.

    And what you seem to neglect to realize is that my initial comment to you was that you were saying someone else had an issue with someone not liking his view, and that you had just got done doing the same....you know the Kettle Black comment, and I was using our discussion as a point to that fact. which is why I was vague, and never specified anything....then you jumped back into saying i was wrong, and now you are trying to make it seem I said something altogether different. And to top it all off I was never calling for a Filmation Skeletor to be made at all, I was stating that he had enough differences to get one someday. I mean stating something looks different enough, doesn't mean you want one made, just stating a fact that Filmation Skeletor doesn't look 100% like Classics Skeletor, and that is a fact, and there are more than 3% differences to that fact. I mean new body parts make up a big percentage, forearms, feet and head, then loin cloth and weapons, and even if you skip the loin cloth the rest of the combined parts are more than 3%....

    Again I said he would need more than a head to be made...so don't make it seem as though you are right by trying to leave out the other parts I said he'd need. If it was no more than a head I wouldn't even have brought it up....and I'd be happy with just getting a head myself. But if as you say you are not saying I am wrong, then why continue to push your opinion on me? And I did vaguely reference it here because I didn't want to state specifics in an unrelated thread, then you proceeded to do so in your next post. And again only to prove which I think I have done since you continue to keep on, and now are changing what our original back and forth was about by making it seem as though I only said a new Skelly was warranted by just making a new head, to prove that you don't like your opinion challenged, as you were going on to another poster about, because he may have been doing the same thing, the same thing you did in the other thread, and are now doing here.

    Now enough about the friggin Skeletor, since I did vaguely reference to it, and not by which character I was referring, while trying to make a point that you were just as guilty of going on because someone didn't share your view on a particular subject, and if you didn't care so much about your particular opinion you wouldn't have kept on about it....And I will defend my opinion since you feel you have the right to keep pushing yours on me. And if by peeved, you are referring to constantly calling me wrong about my opinion, which I am clearly entitled to have, then yes I am.

    And I said before you wouldn't let it go, and you didn't, but you also tried to imply here that someone else was guilty of pushing an opinion, and others that don't irritate you. And you had done a similar thing before..that is why the reference was vague....It was all about your comment to another poster, and making it seem as though you don't do it as well.
    No, but I did mention the hood, forearms and feet earlier. YOU DID SAY that an angry expression made the face ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the Classics design, which IS WRONG. Happy, sad or mad, people still look like themselves, Bone Face included. Sorry it doesn't help justify your argument. I had NO IDEA you'd harbor a grudge against me for pointing it out and hunt for me in another thread to vent about it. You should have finished venting in YOUR OWN THREAD to get if off your chest. I would have kept debating you there but it disappeared.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  23. #348
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    No, but I did mention the hood, forearms and feet earlier. YOU DID SAY that an angry expression made the face ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the Classics design, which IS WRONG. Happy, sad or mad, people still look like themselves, Bone Face included. Sorry it doesn't help justify your argument. I had NO IDEA you'd harbor a grudge against me for pointing it out and hunt for me in another thread to vent about it. You should have finished venting in YOUR OWN THREAD to get if off your chest. I would have kept debating you there but it disappeared.
    First off I didn't hunt for you, I could really care less about you, you started the specific topic all over again after I stated you had jumped all over another poster for supposedly being ticked that someone didn't share his view, and it happened to be you, all over someone else...just as you are just as pushy...and the ANGRY expression does make a total different face, and that fact is RIGHT...I guess you don't emote with your face, but other don't look exactly the same when they are showing emotions or do you look exactly the same happy, sad, mad...you may look like yourself, but you do have a different look ON YOUR FACE that is not a normal staring into space look. And for the record...in this thread anywhere, you didn't mention the forearms and other things I said, making it seem like I only thought a head made a variant justified, and I did not say that.

    You must think highly of yourself to think someone would hunt you down, but I just saw you were apparently being yourself to someone else, and since your comment to them was something you yourself did, and are still doing, well...There is no more debating you are not right in my opinion...so I really don't care any further, and you keep thinking you are something special that someone wants to hunt down...and I'll keep on thinking what I think about you....I see many of the others here in many other posts, I guess we are all stalking each other as well right?

    You just don't like the fact that I knew you had a pushy opinion, you wish to call a debate now, and I saw you calling the Kettle Black as you stated to the other poster.

    So whatever, I never made it about Skeletor here, you did, I was vague, and you felt the need to take it to the next step...not me...All I did was point out something you did in a prior thread to me, and now you try to make it seem someone else is wrong for being exactly how you were somewhere else.

    So whatever, this is an Evil Lyn thread....I never made it about Skeletor..you did. I am not harboring a grudge at all, I really don't care about you, I don't have to personally see you or talk to you anywhere at anytime, when I turn my computer off....you go away...but then I come back and see you thinking you are so smug, and sorry you are not as smart as you think you are.....I can turn my computer off and not think of you, and I will do so now....

    I am right in my eyes, and no matter how you "debate" me, that will not change. You are free to have your opinion, but not push it on me. I'm not going to miraculously change my mind and go...you know he's absolutely right, will never happen, but maybe you think it will...I said my piece on the topic, and if you wish to continue by all means, I will not.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 1, 2012 at 04:48pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  24. #349
    Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Rideau Lakes, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    MGM is consistently one of the more laid back and thoughtful posters on here from what I've seen. It would not help. Whenever someone is posting, it's a given that it's their opinion.
    Personally, I agree whole heartedly that it should a given and to actually have to put "I think" or "IMO" in their post shouldn't even be necessary......... but time after time after time when the obligatory "IMO" is not added, I can't help but think you & I Thrawn are in a very small minority who believes that. That's the only reason why I brought it up. Seems like so much gets stirred up when those words aren't added to a post. Seems to me at least most need to see "IMO" added to a post, that's what I was trying to say. Wasn't trying to attack MGM, as I feel the same way as your first sentence I quoted indicates you do.



    Moving on.....


    Let me start by saying I really like how BGEL turned out. So much so, that I bought one (I'm not a sub holder, so I did have the choice to skip her). Even though I was one of the people who was posting about wanting an Evil-Lyn 200X variant with a new tunic, I think she turned out great. I think the repaint was done well enough that it somewhat hides the fact she's wearing Teela's tunic again.

    Even though I'm still very disappointed about the Teela tunic re-use, this figure won me over rather quickly. And this is coming from a guy who hates buying multiples of the same character. I skipped the original Evil-Lyn figure because I was holding out for a 200X variant. I wanted an Evil-Lyn figure with her own outfit.... I've thought since 200X that she's become an improtant enough character that she deserved a variant with her very own wardrobe and not Teela's hand-me-downs. That is not me saying I wish the first figure was never made & only a Classicized 200X Lyn was made. The first Evil-Lyn figure is awesome, just not for me.
    What I'm disappointed about is the 4H got me to part with my money for a variant I originally didn't want, as I'm sure I'll still buy an Evil-Lyn variant with a 200X-ish tunic.

    Based on all the request posts I remember, I had assumed there would be 3 versions of Evil-Lyn to make all fans happy:
    -the original
    -a 200X variant with her own tunic
    -a Filmation variant

    BGEL doesn't fall into any of those categroies. That's what I find weird about this figure. It's a figure I don't remember seeing any posts asking for. I can't recall any posts saying "I want a 200X Evil-Lyn variant, but not wearing a new tunic"..... But to me at least, it's all moot because I chose to buy BGEL anyways.
    Last edited by marndt8448; January 1, 2012 at 08:07am.

  25. #350
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,029
    THERES AN IGNORE BUTTON!!!?!?

    Where!?!?

    OMG...HEAVEN

    Seriously....tell me where (it's just for an indiviudal right.!?)
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •