Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

I wish they had not used those red highlights though as they do not look right to me on this figure. No doubt its the 200X staction color scheme that they were trying to reference, but for that she really needed a new dress. Also the colors on those leaves she's wearing just look garish to me. At least she's not Marge Simpson of Eternia now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Uh, I posted a cartoon picture to compare, and they're as different as She-Ra and Teela's dresses (same basic colours - well, inexplicable red highlights aside - but in a different design).

Hell, compare her to Faceless One - her dress should be based on HIS chest design.
    ok so over her breasts she should have three horizontal bones instead of some swirly ram bones.... if she had the skirt then i think most people would over look that

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Putting Evil-Lyn through The Classicizer Machine™.

The Staction.
    I didn't know bones turned into ram-horns after going through that machine!

This is just a case of Mattel being SEVERELY, and inappropriately, cheap. Teela, Goddess and Evil-Lyn 1.0 have this outfit. Give her the PROPER outfit!:

- two pieces: LONG skirt and bone-bra

They can re-use the boots, head and bracelets, just give her her proper outfit!

The Faceless One, her father, has the bone design on his outfit, so none of that Classicizer Machine nonsense will fly this time! I wanted her SO bad, but seriously...the 200X action figure, staction, bust, etc is 1000x better than this.

If I didn't have a sub I would honestly skip her because I already have this action figure in 3 different colours. This was a VERY poor choice!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I didn't know bones turned into ram-horns after going through that machine!

This is just a case of Mattel being SEVERELY, and inappropriately, cheap. Teela, Goddess and Evil-Lyn 1.0 have this outfit. Give her the PROPER outfit!:

- two pieces: LONG skirt and bone-bra

They can re-use the boots, head and bracelets, just give her her proper outfit!

The Faceless One, her father, has the bone design on his outfit, so none of that Classicizer Machine nonsense will fly this time! I wanted her SO bad, but seriously...the 200X action figure, staction, bust, etc is 1000x better than this.

If I didn't have a sub I would honestly skip her because I already have this action figure in 3 different colours. This was a VERY poor choice!
    YEAH!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    she's basically the 200x version, she's just missing the longer loin cloth/skirt
    There's nothing 200x about that figure but the color scheme. The helmet and helmetless heads are beautiful but that does nothing to fix the glaring insult of giving he Teela's outfit again. A 200x Evil Lyn would have her own outfit.

Even the Vintage Dial Hordak variant got a new arm, and a cowl piece that doesn't have the cape.

This figure is much better than the current yellow piece of junk we got, but she still fails on a fundamental level.

Both Teela and She-Ra have two distinct outfits in the line now, and Evil Lyn doesn't even have one. It's disgraceful. I don't think actual 200x variants that are warranted are ever going to happen (200x King Hsss, Sorceress, Evil Lyn). We're three years in and we haven't seen one yet.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My attitude is this...

I'm not displeased with Battleground Evil-Lyn. I like what we got, but it could be better. On the positive side, she actually fixes alot of the problems that the original Evil-Lyn had: Alternate head, cape and spellcasting hand. One the negative side, they repainted Teela's body--something that the 200X Evil-Lyn specifically FIXED. That was the whole point of asking for her.

So...this will do for now, sorta like the 200X kitbash of 200X He-Man that you can make from KG 2.0. A placeholder until we can eventually get a version with a unique dress.

Hopefully, we can get a more unique tooled Battleground Evil-Lyn 2.0 sometime later down the line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

She just looks perfect IMO. One of the best announced figures yet.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

She looks great! I love the helmetless head!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

One the negative side, they repainted Teela's body--something that the 200X Evil-Lyn specifically FIXED. That was the whole point of asking for her.
    Agreed. That's why this figure is still a failure on the most fundamental level. It's still worlds better than the first thing Mattel called motuc Evil Lyn though.

So...this will do for now, sorta like the 200X kitbash of 200X He-Man that you can make from KG 2.0. A placeholder until we can eventually get a version with a unique dress.
    Pretty much. It will do for now, but it still isn't satisfying. The entire point of an Evil Lyn variant was to give her a unique outfit she could call her own.

Hopefully, we can get a more unique tooled Battleground Evil-Lyn 2.0 sometime later down the line.
    I never give up hope, but this looking less and less likely.

So another year has come and gone and 200x Evil Lyn remains my most desired figure now that Leech is coming.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Just asked the following in the WTFWTK thread. If you're picked to choose the questions next round, consider it your responsibility to pick this one

On Battleground Evil-Lyn, one of the major reasons people wanted an Evil-Lyn based on the MYP cartoon version was so that they would have an Evil-Lyn who didn't share Teela's dress. Why did you decide to go ahead with a version styled loosely after the MYP colour scheme (MYP-Evil-Lyn's spot colour was gold rather than red), yet not bother with the dress to fit with her father (the Faceless One)'s clothing that made many people want an Evil-Lyn variant in the first place? And if you had a spot for an Evil-Lyn variant that didn't have the tooling budget for a new dress, boots, armguards and the other things that distinguished that version of the character, why not do the Asian, wearing a purple/blue dress, Filmation colour scheme, which COULD be achieved by adding a cape and little else to a repaint of the existing version? (a cape that the MYP version didn't actually have - that design featured a long hessian skirt)
    Last edited by Reboot; July 22, 2011 at 06:55pm.

you know the more i read your comments the more i'm beginning to agree, she should have a new dress piece really she should be more 200x, she should not share the teela/godess/original evil-lyn body

she best make use of the female 2.0 buck, because if she uses the original buck as well then its just lazy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm cool with this. love the filmation & 200x look. its like two in one.
    i'm very happy there is going to be a second head & a cape.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Okay, clearly it's even MORE loosely based than I first thought. The base dress colour is BLACK, not purple...

That means she's probably going to have Catra's super squishy left hand too, doesn't it?

On the plus sider, her weapons do look stunning. The colors and the silver paint apps are amazing. That is probably my favorite weapon paint app so far in the line.

This is one of the most exciting reveals of the day for me. I do wish that she matched the Faceless One's colors a bit better, but overall I'm just happy to see anything resembling 200X Evil Lyn.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    The neckline of her dress with the cape on top don't really work for me. I'm just not getting what I wanted from this figure. (if indeed this is mattel's attempt at the 200x version).
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    That means she's probably going to have Catra's super squishy left hand too, doesn't it?

On the plus sider, her weapons do look stunning. The colors and the silver paint apps are amazing. That is probably my favorite weapon paint app so far in the line.
    Aww, dude. I know how much you've wanted this figure to happen...and I'm sorry.

I dig it quite a bit. Taking 200X and the fact that it's kind of a repaint of a repaint out of the equation, it's pretty sweet as far as redecos go.

So even though I like it, I feel your pain. A skirt and maybe even a few parts swaps with other females may have helped. Even Catra boots could be argued as Classicized 200X boots, just to change her up some.

If it was a case of skirt or head, I'd have gone with head. That's a nice looking head that I feel does a fantastic job applying the MYP look to the Classics face! I look forward to seeing some custom solutions to the skirt, hopefully one that everyone can easily replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Aww, dude. I know how much you've wanted this figure to happen...and I'm sorry.
    It's alright my friend.

I dig it quite a bit. Taking 200X and the fact that it's kind of a repaint of a repaint out of the equation, it's pretty sweet as far as redecos go.
    As far as redecos go, I'll agree it's stunning. It is light years ahead of the current figure.

So even though I like it, I feel your pain. A skirt and maybe even a few parts swaps with other females may have helped. Even Catra boots could be argued as Classicized 200X boots, just to change her up some.
    It's close, just not all the way there. I love it so much more than what we got though. I feel like at least I can call this an Evil Lyn figure. And that does make me very happy.

If it was a case of skirt or head, I'd have gone with head. That's a nice looking head that I feel does a fantastic job applying the MYP look to the Classics face!
    The head looks gorgeous. I agree completely.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Depends on the plastic they use...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Helmet-less head makes it worth every penny. I'm going to buy two!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Personally I like the figure. Sure it doesn't look exactly like the 200x version, but I kinda like how they did her. She looks great to me and I'll happily add her to my collection.

I do have one question though...will she have the swappable staff top like the original did? I prefer the wand style as opposed to the staff.

Widget

Awesome

Might want 2 of her! Love the colors.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Okay, clearly it's even MORE loosely based than I first thought. The base dress colour is BLACK, not purple...
    That's...one of the only things they got right on this, RB. It matches up pretty well (colour-wise, at least) until it reaches the skirt (except the DARK reddish pink/purple colour should be the light purple/lavendar used on Faceless One):

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I never liked how that 200X Evil-Lyn toy was painted. They should have used the staction as their guide for how to paint her. I much prefer her breastplate to be silver instead of lavender.

Last edited by RocketPunch; July 22, 2011 at 08:30pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    She has a casting Hand.....So I love her no matter what....If they REALLY wanted to impress me they would include a Yellow Casting Hand so I can Upgrade my Real Lyn!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]