Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's...one of the only things they got right on this, RB.
    Base colour's purple on the cartoon...

And besides, there's a lot more black on the torso of this than there is even on the toy you posted.

I like this one a lot! Way more to my taste than the first release!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Much better than the yellow version, i am happy.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    I like this new Evil Lyn and will be sure to order it. the color scheme isnt bad. basically they are subbing the purplish grey from the cartoon with black for a base and detailing in purple and lavender. While im sad that the longer skirt wont be there, the Teela dress isnt bad on Lyn. The ram horns on her bra do work for her Zelasian (hope i spelled that right) heritige (Ram Stone, Ram skull buildings, Ram skull Havvok Staff). The real seller for this figure are the heads and the toon accurate skin tone. Her face looks great on both heads. The cape is nice for Filmation fans and works as the cloak Lyn wore in an episode of the MYP series. im going for it
    Last edited by Grimmy; July 22, 2011 at 09:04pm.

I think it looks great.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I have to say I like this version of E.L. waaaayyyy better than 200x. The 200x figure looks like a Disney character and the colors are drab and awful. I would welcome an eventual 200x version with the "bone" armor , but i hope they would choose much better coloring.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Let me start by saying I dig yellow-skinned true-to-vintage-figure Evil-Lyn bunches - I love her. That being said, I was super excited by the idea of a 200x Evil-Lyn variant; I love that version too.

I also love the helmet-less head that's coming with Battleground Evil-Lyn; it's a great touch for which we as fans have been clamoring for ages.

I do, however, wish they hadn't released a fourth figure that is exactly the same from the neck down (excepting Catra's hand).

If she were just a random repaint, I think she'd actually be pretty good. The reddish pink is much better in the pics from the display case than it is in the pics from the slideshow, though it still looks a bit off to me.

If we hadn't already gotten The Faceless One, she'd be pretty good.

As it is, however, I feel they (Mattel) missed the mark on this one. She needed a newly sculpted outfit. Badly. They needed to tool her a dress using the design elements from 200x/The Faceless One. If that wasn't in the budget, they should have waited until it was (IMO).

If I didn't have the sub, I would honestly skip this one in the hopes they'll do an actual 200x variant and not (another) Teela-repaint.

Overall, I give it a 4 out of 10.

Its an improvement and with the line the way it is, she makes a great placeholder until if the day ever comes we get a proper 200x version.

I really thought a repaint would disappoint me, but somehow I find myself really loving this figure. Would I have prefered the 200X costume? I guess...yet somehow I'm still far from disappointed. I really like the figure!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think she's great! She's a classics "repaint" based on the 200x colors... plus we get two heads! Come on guys... be a tad more positive... They aren't going to release a full 200x version, especially since Mattel has said over and over that the style is retired...
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I'm loving it. I'm actually really pleasantly surprised that this is our Q4 variant figure, because it means I get both her and the Faceless One on the same sub.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I think she's great! She's a classics "repaint" based on the 200x colors... plus we get two heads! Come on guys... be a tad more positive... They aren't going to release a full 200x version, especially since Mattel has said over and over that the style is retired...
    I don't get the whole 200x style is retired thing when we have the faceless one already made, the bones on his chest and the little dagger things on his skirt are already there. I'm very happy we get a pale evil-lyn with a helmetless head and a spellcasting hand! Very happy with that! (and very happy with all of the other reveals actually) but the only thing to dissapoint today was the lack of the 200x dress. One can only hope that her dress is actually removable and the other dress is her secret accessory.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

it would be really cool if it was a secret accessory! 200x looks so much better this this one

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I wanted a 200X Lyn...what we got was a redeco classic Lyn.

That's not the same thing. I can understand Mattel reusing parts from the classic version like the arms, legs and helmeted head but they should have given her a new torso or at the very least gave her a new "skirt" that was long in the back but short in the front.

Like someone said earlier, the colors are wrong. She should be more purple than black. UGH!!

Heroic Warrior
    This. With as many figures as are left to do in the line, the odds of getting a strictly 200X version of a figure, ANY FIGURE (especially a figure that had already had a release earlier) at this point were slim to none.

Like it or not, this is as likely as any of you wanting a 200X version are going to get for quite a long while. Don't mean to sound overly harsh, but them's likely the breaks.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

They aren't going to release a full 200x version, especially since Mattel has said over and over that the style is retired...
    I personally don't think that expecting an A-List character like Evil Lyn to get her own outfit, whether it's 200x or something new, is too much to ask.

Come on guys... be a tad more positive...
    Several of us were earlier. I know I infinitely prefer this redeco to the yellow piece of junk we got in its place.

But let's look at this from the sub perspective. We were told that all the quarterly variants this year would be basically their own figures and not just cheap kit bashes like Zodak and the Goddess were since the 2011 variants come in the sub. This is the same figure we already bought three times before-Teela, Goddess, and Yellow Teela.

What gives? We got a radically different Teela in Bikini Teela. We are getting two different sculpted She-Ras. Why can't Evil Lyn have her own outfit?

I like this figure to a point, but I don't understand why you release her without changing the outfit since that was the entire point of the variant in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I really thought a repaint would disappoint me, but somehow I find myself really loving this figure. Would I have prefered the 200X costume? I guess...yet somehow I'm still far from disappointed. I really like the figure!
    We're on the same wavelength tonight, sir. I concur whole-heartedly.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Same here, I know it is not a "full 2002" rendition, but what they DID do still makes a very nice figure and is "close enough" for me.

All told, I'd rather Mattel spend its tooling dollars on interesting new figures like Demo Man, or more worthwhile revisists like She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I wanted a 200X version so much! If this is the best they can do, I'll be super dissapointed
    Well, as I've said time and again: you have a 200x version. What's the problem? This is the MOTUC "200x type" version. It's great. excepting the red and I can paint those out if they really bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    she's basically the 200x version, she's just missing the longer loin cloth/skirt

thats surely a simple enough custom job

I'm exceptionally happy

Good man. More to decide when we find out A) this is the finalized prototype (which is debateable), B) the colourscheme can always change a bit, just look at Man E Faces, C) see how she looks next to Facelessone.

For crying out loud, for good or ill, look what they did to please us with Mossman & Her Dad! Changes made when possible.

I have faith in this, and even if this is exactly what we get, I'm more down than I thought I'd be. What sells it for me is the Helmetless head. And that's perfect.
    Last edited by baronterror; July 23, 2011 at 03:33am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Love her. Can't get to my doorstep fast enough.

Regardless, she is absolutely beautiful and certainly close enough to a 200x Lyn for me! (I already have '200x' 200x Evil-Lyn anyway )

– No comment.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yes, this is the Evil-Lyn I was hoping for the first time.
    Same here!

For all intents and purposes, THIS IS 200X Evil-Lyn. Mattel isn't going to dump a load of cash to recast new parts for a "proper" MYP version or Filmation version for that matter any time soon and I can definitely live with this 200X interpretation.

I would have liked the longer loincloth(?) but I'm pretty happy with her otherwise.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think this figure is amazing! I know people were hoping for a new sculpt, but honestly this works so well for me... I'm ecstatic. The helmet-less head and spell-casting hand make it a slam-dunk for me.

I can't wait to read the bio.

I've done a huge 180 on this figure, the booth pic's are so much better and now think she's great, will definitely be using the helmetless head.
    Last edited by 13977; July 24, 2011 at 10:14am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

She's so perfect IMO ! BG Evil Lyn is one of my favorite announcements. The repaint scheme is great, the new head impressed me even if I don't like the haircut. I was hoping for Lyn to get Catra's hand, now it's done. She's the best looking female figure so far !