Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

Well guys I really think there will be a proper 200x one down the road, maybe staction based, nicely detailed like her daddy. Most of the big guns are gone, and Evil-Lyn is one of the biggest characters n the franchise. She could be used to sell a sub in the future when they're down to Rio-Blast and such. I think they'll just hang onto it for now, and in the meantime cash in by getting us all to buy this repaint due to the head and cape, lol. This is a pretty cool figure on its own, you must admit!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Speaking as a TransFan, I really don't see what the problem is with a new character being a straight repaint. Is Skywarp or Thundercracker any less special because they're repaints of Starscream? What about Red Alert and Sideswipe? Generations Wheeljack and Tracks? So then why the hate for a character with a remolded head like Evil-Lyn? This is just what toy companies do to sell new characters, however important they may be; if that irks you, I have to wonder how you've managed to collect action figures well into your adult years.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Speaking as a TransFan, I really don't see what the problem is with a new character being a straight repaint. Is Skywarp or Thundercracker any less special because they're repaints of Starscream? What about Red Alert and Sideswipe? Generations Wheeljack and Tracks? So then why the hate for a character with a remolded head like Evil-Lyn?
    That might be true for Vintage Evil-Lyn, but the whole point of wanting a 200X Evil-Lyn specifically was because the variant is supposed to have fixed the whole "Evil-Lyn is Teela repaint" problem that fans had with the original Evil-Lyn. That's why fans wanted this particular look in the first place.

Transformers is different. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp are supposed to look the same with different colors. They are usually never been presented as different designs.

This is just what toy companies do to sell new characters, however important they may be; if that irks you, I have to wonder how you've managed to collect action figures well into your adult years.
    I wonder how did you get so far into this thread to misunderstand the point of wanting this figure? I've explained it quite a number of times...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

truth be told the reuse of the teela outfit is something i'm not overly happy with, it works don't get me wrong, but it would have been better as a slight retool so it matched FO more

and i don't get why she doesn't have She-Ra 2.0 boots

but i'm ok with it as she looks great,that and i'm going to canablise my 200x evil-lyn's skirt to correct this one and i'm considering getting 2 she-ra 2.0's so i can change boots too

you know i shouldn't be happy considering how much i'm altering...

i guess i've been beaten down

from all the reveals bg-lyn is the biggest waste of space in the 2012 lineup. i don't want a mo2k version either.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    from all the reveals bg-lyn is the biggest waste of space in the 2012 lineup. i don't want a mo2k version either.
    she's not part of the 2012 line up, she's one of 2011's quarterly variants... or so i thought

You're right, she's part of the 2011 sub. And one of of the ones I'm looking forward to the most, actually!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I think she's an acceptable MOTUC Evil-Lyn figure. If this is what they had released back in April 2010, I would have started collecting the line earlier.

But it's not a 200X Evil-Lyn, that I totally agree with. The dress details are wrong, she's missing the half-skirt from the back, the boots are wrong, the arm guards are wrong, and she didn't actually have a cape like that. It's a mish-mash Evil-Lyn and I fear it was intended to send a message: there will be no 200X variants, rather ones that vaguely resemble them but combine elements from every possible source.

And yet Fisto gets a 200X head, belt and sword. It is weird.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    I think she's an acceptable MOTUC Evil-Lyn figure. If this is what they had released back in April 2010, I would have started collecting the line earlier.

But it's not a 200X Evil-Lyn, that I totally agree with. The dress details are wrong, she's missing the half-skirt from the back, the boots are wrong, the arm guards are wrong, and she didn't actually have a cape like that.
    I think we aren't getting new boots and knee pads.

It's a mish-mash Evil-Lyn and I fear it was intended to send a message: there will be no 200X variants, rather ones that vaguely resemble them but combine elements from every possible source.

And yet Fisto gets a 200X head, belt and sword. It is weird.
    I don't think it's the end. I believe it's a way to "get her out there" like Cringer. They can always re-do her. She's Evil-Lyn! King Hssss is a less important character and he might get a new 2.0 figure with the Earl Norem snakes and Bruce Timm head. Cringer might come back out with a Cringer 2.0 that's articulated. If those two can get considered for 2.0 figures, I KNOW Evil-Lyn could. It's a great 4th way to refresh her down the line, the 3rd being her Filmation color scheme.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I think she's fine enough, though I see why people wanted more.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    A 360? Really? A full circle? So you´re back where you started, then.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    WOw, just wow. We finally get a 2002 Evil-Lyn, and now people are whining that she isn't up to their standards. Did you really think they were just going to make a completely new dress just for Evil-Lyn? No. Besides, honestly, yes, having a different dress was awesome in the 2002 series, but it isn't like the one we have is crap.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    she's not part of the 2012 line up, she's one of 2011's quarterly variants... or so i thought
    Idk either way pointless.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think we aren't getting new boots and knee pads.
    No knee pads is a given in MOTUC, but newly tooled boots aren't necessary for a more accurate look. The She-Ra 2.0 boots would work nicely if repainted.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    I think she looks better than the NECA staction.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    WOw, just wow. We finally get a 2002 Evil-Lyn, and now people are whining that she isn't up to their standards. Did you really think they were just going to make a completely new dress just for Evil-Lyn? No. Besides, honestly, yes, having a different dress was awesome in the 2002 series, but it isn't like the one we have is crap.
    They made a whole new cloak for the Faceless One and he's far lower on the totem pole than Evil-Lyn is.

The main point of this thread is that fans wanted this figure design because she isn't a Teela repaint like the original Evil-Lyn. Making her have the Teela leotard defeats the whole purpose.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Toyguru from 8 months ago:

If we did a 200X Evil Lyn she would not be a re-deco. She would have quite a few new tools.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...366#9771051366

She's coming with a new cape and head. That's...not even a few new tools let alone QUITE a few! Taken in the barest sense of the terms, "few" means three. A new head and cape = two.

Also, a re-deco is repainting of an existing body. That's EXACTLY what this Evil-Lyn is and TG said she wouldn't be!

Anyway, THIS is why 200X MOTUC Evil-Lyn is disappointing. Dress reuse x 4 now and TG said she would have QUITE a few new tools. A two-piece dress on the female buck 2.0 really should have been done for her as 2 of the tools.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 25, 2011 at 01:34am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I think she looks great. We may get another down the line but I really dig her. She has most of the 200X colouring and still is different enough to not just be a straight re-paint.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Again, a figure splits the fandom.
    There´s the group that´s dying to get a proper 200x Lyn and who sees BG Lyn as a message that a proper 200x Lyn is not gonna happen.
    And there´s the group that´s fine with what we are being offered, not seeing the point what the other group was asking for in the first place, even wondering why we are complaining now.

Well, it would be nice if all of you would take a minute and answer this poll:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211759

I think, repainting BG Lyn to Filmation colors would not only make for a justified variant (as opposed to the Teela-repaint 200x fans are NOT asking for), but in the same time allowing a newly sculpted 200x Lyn to happen without having to render BG Lyn in staction colors obsolete.

Who´s with me there?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Again, a figure splits the fandom.
    There´s the group that´s dying to get a proper 200x Lyn and who sees BG Lyn as a message that a proper 200x Lyn is not gonna happen.
    And there´s the group that´s fine with what we are being offered, not seeing the point what the other group was asking for in the first place, even wondering why we are complaining now.

Well, it would be nice if all of you would take a minute and answer this poll:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211759

I think, repainting BG Lyn to Filmation colors would not only make for a justified variant (as opposed to the Teela-repaint 200x fans are NOT asking for), but in the same time allowing a newly sculpted 200x Lyn to happen without having to render BG Lyn in staction colors obsolete.

Who´s with me there?
    I'm not sure that's going to work now. If we are seeing the figures, chances are that it's too late to repaint the whole figure. Slight changes, yes. Whole figure repaints, no.

I'm a bit dissappointed. They "promised" some new retooling and this is just a straight repaint with cape and extra head.

I am extremely disappointed. a Catra left hand cannot hide the fact that this is a lame repaint. (The Color Scheme is OK the lame part is that she's a repaint when she was NOT going to be a repaint as stated by TG many many times) There's a 90% chance of me skipping her.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Evil Clone...in SPACE!! DarthFaker's Avatar
    Personally, I think this figure looks pretty cool. Would I like a little more detailed dress for her? Yes, but I do like how this one turned out. I totally feel for 200x and Filmation fans that feel they got shafted on this, but at the same time, she looks cool to me. I do wish her color scheme at least would match up a little better with her father's. I cannot wait to get this figure though, as I skipped the original Evil-Lyn due to the yellow skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm not sure that's going to work now. If we are seeing the figures, chances are that it's too late to repaint the whole figure. Slight changes, yes. Whole figure repaints, no.
    One can dream, can´t they?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

great figure. and really, anything is an update from the vintage toy colors, which just looks weird.
    I like it!
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/