Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draego-Man Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    He's amazing!! I would have liked for him to be a member of the Horde but is he a Fighting Foe Man??
    I could see him as a Fighting Foe Man. Since (as far as I can tell) there was nothing at all about the FFM--no literature, drarwings, concepts, nuttin--they can pretty much do whatever they want. I put my vote in for one of those guys.
    And since Vikor is my favorite character/figure, I'll definitely be happy to have this guy. Looking forward to it!

could it be?

maybe the 4 Horsemen are trying to add the Galaxy Fighters to MOTUC!

I'm really loving his design! i love it when the 4h allowed to just run wild

So it's a dragon-man. Better than a full-on dragon. I've never been a fan of dragons in motu at all...drags it way too far 'medieval earth' territory. But this guy looks KILLER. Great use of parts, old and new, cool weapons and a really great paint-job. The colours really pop. Nice creation!
    Last edited by Whiplash7; July 22, 2011 at 08:12pm.

Draego-Man is great! Not only do we FINALLY get a fire-based character in MOTU, but he's a freaking dragon! So awesome.

I really like him.

I already said it in another thread, I think Draegor-Man is one of the fighting foe men.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Hey guys, Dragon man uses the King Hsss arms and shoulders. Have they corrected the shoulders or are they reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!

Ok, I KNOW some are upset he is not a known MOTU figure, and yeah, looks like a lot of new tooling went into him, but he looks AMAZING! I LOVE this guy! Who else is excited to own this bad boy?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&d=1311371702

Almost reminds me of a new, updated Dragoon. Maybe he will even be in the bio!
    I would say it depends on your definition of "a lot of new tooling." He's complete parts reuse from the waist down; looks like he has new armor (reminiscent of He-Man's Battle Armor) probably over a standard torso; reused shoulders/biceps/forearms; reused Whiplash tail; making the gauntlets, hands, armor, head, weapons, and wings new. And I can't be the only person that's guessing those wings could be used for Granamyr, too.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

He looks great...a must buy! The 4HM never disappoint.

He has the Hiss arms. I wonder if his shoulders will be backwards? I suppose they will because Toyguru said this issue wouldn't be an easy fix...
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

He's NEAT-O!

I guess we'll find out more about who he is and how he ties into the mythos, much later on?

Also: REALLY SUPER EXCITED that they are introducing new characters!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i personally love this kind of fantasy mythology characters & monsters. they never made enough of them as toys. so, i'm excited, but a little bummed that its not dragoon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    He looks great...a must buy! The 4HM never disappoint.

He has the Hiss arms. I wonder if his shoulders will be backwards?.
    I posted this above and it needs to be repeated. Are the shoulders reversed?

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I actually had that Galaxy Warriors figure in my collection when I was a kid, and immediately thought of him the moment I saw that picture of Draego Man! Now I have to get that figure based on that connecton alone, as Ive been wanting something along those lines!

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I'm confident that there's no way Scott allows reversed shoulders to happen again.

Feel Free to add these to the OG post

Last edited by 80's Enthusiast; July 22, 2011 at 08:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I posted this above and it needs to be repeated. Are the shoulders reversed?
    Probably not on the prototype, but we don't know what they'll be able to do on the final figure.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

He looks all manner of awesome!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Probably not on the prototype, but we don't know what they'll be able to do on the final figure.

This needs to be pushed to the front of questions that Mattel needs to answer. If only for a future 200x King Hsss variant.

Have you noticed how the Draego Man's symbol reminds of Four Horseman logo in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    This needs to be pushed to the front of questions that Mattel needs to answer. If only for a future 200x King Hsss variant.
    It's no more likely that a 2002-era Hiss would have reversed shoulders than any other figure. The difficulty in swapping them for the original Hiss for a new production run is that it takes up a development slot... which a new figure would already be doing.

I would actually place bets that a 2002-era King Hiss would actually have a better chance at having corrected shoulders because Toyguru would feel horrible if two different King Hiss figures had the same issue (not that he doesn't feel bad every time there's an issue like that).
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    Hum... guys... could you please help me and tell me if these pictures come from the Matty Panel, from the 4 Horsemen booth or what ?

I took me a full hour to prepare a post on the reveals, and now I just discovered there's THIS new reveal ! What a GREAT day !

And honestly... I WANT DRAEGO MAN ! RIGHT NOW !!! AAAAARRRGH ! *foams at the mouth*

Holy poop ! This character is the BEST looking, most motivating character I've seen in a VERY LONG time !

The sculpt is PERFECT ! The colors are bright and vibrant ! The sword and the shield are excellent !!!

IF THEY RELEASE HIM, I BUY HIM (and he's better not come with flaws !) !!!

FANTASTIC CHARACTER ! Flippin' sweet !!! I've not been enthused like this for AGES !

I hope he's one of those mysterious fighting foe men... and that we'll se him in a mini-comic !

On a side note, YES, we'll have to be VERY careful about his "Hssss shoulders". This time, they MUST be assembled properly !
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 22, 2011 at 08:56pm.

Love him! Will have to fight WSOD for 2, one for me and one for my son that collects dragons.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Hum... guys... could you please help me and tell me if these pictures come from the Matty Panel, from the 4 Horsemen booth or what ?

I took me a full hour to prepare a post on the reveals, and now I just discovered there's THIS new reveal ! What a GREAT day !

And honestly... I WANT DRAEGO MAN ! RIGHT NOW !!! AAAAARRRGH ! *foams at the mouth*

This character is the BEST looking, most motivating character I've seen in a VERY LONG time !

The sculpt is PERFECT ! The colors are bright and vibrant ! The sword and the shield are excellent !!!

IF THEY RELEASE HIM, I BUY HIM (and he's better not come with flaws !) !!!

FANTASTIC CHARACTER ! Flippin' sweet !!! I've not been enthused like this for AGES !

I hope he's one of those mysterious fighting foe men... and that we'll se him in a mini-comic !
    He was announced at the Mattypalooza panel, but most of the pictures in this thread are from the Mattel MOTUC booth display.
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    He was announced at the Mattypalooza panel, but most of the pictures in this thread are from the Mattel MOTUC booth display.
    Oh, MAN ! SO THIS IS REAL ? He's actually forecasted and scheduled for 2012 ?

YEEEEHHHAAAAAAA !!! OK, I'm now officially a fan of this SPLENDID, WONDERFUL character !

I'll add him to the message I was ready to post.

WOW ! Draego Man alone is a KILLER FIGURE ! What a fabulous SURPRISE !!!

This has been the very BEST SDCC I've known EVER as far as MOTUC reveals are concerned !

Widget

Wow!

I love the design - favorite new figure revealed today!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MykEd View Post
    I could see him as a Fighting Foe Man. Since (as far as I can tell) there was nothing at all about the FFM--no literature, drarwings, concepts, nuttin--they can pretty much do whatever they want. I put my vote in for one of those guys.
    Does seem likely that the four non-contest New Figures (i.e., Draego, Geoff Johns and the two Mattel in-house ones) will be the FFM, don' it?