View Poll Results: Have you received unaceptable paint apps on an Angela Figure?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 35.20%
  • No

81 64.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are your Angela's Eyes Unacceptable?

Are your Angela's Eyes Unacceptable?

Have you received any Angela figures with unacceptable eye paint apps as brought to light in the thread "Angela's Face WTH.."?

(If you recieved more than 4 Angelas, you may choose to answer yes if 1/4 or more of your figures were afflicted with this malady)
    Last edited by darkmoon766; April 19, 2015 at 12:49am.

I bought 3 and only one eye had issues, so 1/6

Eyes look okay, but left eyebrow is wacky.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Skytree and Songster.

The eyes on one of mine were okay, but there was a black blotch on the cheek. The other one is okay thankfully.

My eyes looked great. Got lucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I bought 3 and only one eye had issues, so 1/6
    I am sorry I don't understand how you came to your 1/6. You say one out of 3 had eye issue? Wouldn't that be 1/3? or 2/6, in either case, more than a 1/4 amount?

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Mine had her right eye painted too far to the right. Sent it right back for a replacement. I'm really afraid at this point the replacement won't be any better.
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram1701 View Post
    Mine had her right eye painted too far to the right. Sent it right back for a replacement. I'm really afraid at this point the replacement won't be any better.
    There is always hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Haven't had a chance to check mine.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I am sorry I don't understand how you came to your 1/6. You say one out of 3 had eye issue? Wouldn't that be 1/3? or 2/6, in either case, more than a 1/4 amount?
    He means he has 3 figures and each figure has 2 eyes, and only 1 eye of 1 of his figures had an issue. So for him that's 1/6 of all the eyes that could have had an issue.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

You tricked me by asking a negative question. I've only opened one of my Angellas, but her eyes were perfect. I voted "yes" accidentally.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I did not look super critically at her I suppose it could be said. However I did not notice a flaw when I gloried in her and placed her on the shelf. If I didnt notice it it couldnt have been bad if it even was off. So mine was fine.

I am still checking her closer now that it was brought up but I do not expect to find an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    You tricked me by asking a negative question. I've only opened one of my Angellas, but her eyes were perfect. I voted "yes" accidentally.
    I certainly did not intend to do so. But from the WTF thread and the poll results so far, it doesn't look good anyway. I am glad that both of yours are good, because the worse this gets, the worse we can all expect the next few figures to be.

Hmm, more defects than not on this--not a good sign

Heroic Warrior
    Mines defected. And is not acceptable. A nice member here last night gave me the run down on how to return it.i called today and have the email. Now I have to find a fedex.

Mine are unacceptable

As of today, the folks that received an ACCEPTABLE (Good) Angella [16]finally outweigh the UNACCEPTABLE (Bad) Angellas. [15]. If we factor in No-AH's erroneous vote, that makes it 17/14.

A 45% rate of QC errors is pretty terrible. Hopefully this will come down as more figures come in, but this looks like a BAD situation.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    As of today, the folks that received an ACCEPTABLE (Good) Angella [16]finally outweigh the UNACCEPTABLE (Bad) Angellas. [15]. If we factor in No-AH's erroneous vote, that makes it 17/14.

A 45% rate of QC errors is pretty terrible. Hopefully this will come down as more figures come in, but this looks like a BAD situation.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3701032588
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Mine is ok....
    The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal
    The revolution will not get rid of the nubs
    The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner
    Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

I got a good one, im going to keep carded. another one coming from MATTY, yet to arrive. very nail biteing, but anyways. these figs cost us enuff, we should get good quality, no exception. otherwise, this new way of buying toys, delivered to your door. may not last long we want good paint apps.my advice to MATTEL, would be to find this individual creating these poor paint apps, and fire them on the spot.

Mine is fine, no issues with the eyes at all.

It's nice to include a "I don't have this figure" in these polls too
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

The Angella I got from he-man.org member Shecky was fine However I'll vote on this poll once I receive the Angella with my quarterly subscription
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope. She's perfect.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The eyes on mine were very slightly askew but nothing "unacceptable".
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!