View Poll Results: Are You Getting A 2012 MOTUC Subscription?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll Keep Getting One If They Keep Offering Them!!!

88 51.46%
  • Yes, If I Have The Money When It's Offered!!!

6 3.51%
  • Yes, If I Like What Is Shown At SDCC!!!

13 7.60%
  • Maybe, I Haven't Decided Yet!!!

27 15.79%
  • No, I'm Unhappy With The Characters This Year!!!

1 0.58%
  • No, I'm Unhappy With The Quality Control!!!

8 4.68%
  • No, It's Too Much Money!!!

15 8.77%
  • No, I'm Running Out Of Room!!!

1 0.58%
  • No, I'm Getting The G.I. Joe Subscription Instead!!!

0 0%
  • Other (please explain)!!!

12 7.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Getting A 2012 MOTUC Subscription?

Are You Getting A 2012 MOTUC Subscription?

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I am undecided. Being a UK fan I get totally hammered by customs everytime something costs over $35.00. It was ok for the first two years as the bonus figures and quaterly variants were outside of the sub so no package ever arrived priced over that threshold. But now that they have all been roled into the sub plan there are quite a few months when there are either 2 or three items which makes the customs charge more than the original price of the main MOTUC figure.

Consequently these figures get seriously pricy at this end of the pond. I want to support the brand directly rather than suporting the secondary market, but many UK and European fans are in my position. Hopefully Mattel will help the international fans out by offering a bare bones sub for the monthly figures or some kind of teared plan.

If Mattel don't try and help the international fans out this year, it's gonna take Filmation figures like Shadow Weaver and Shekotti to convince me to shell out for a sub again. Even thought I do love the convience of the figures just arriving to my door.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I selected the "No, I'm Unhappy With The Quality Control!!!" but it's a little more complicated than that.

As the line has gotten more successful, we have gotten more figures but at what cost?

1) We're not getting additional MYP inspired heads where they're obviously justified. Buzz-Off and Roboto come to mind.

2) We're getting less paint applications in regards to muscle shading.

3) Many of the newer headsculpts seem to be vintage only with no improvements.

If Mattel needs to give us less quality(optional heads/paint applications/quality control) in order to make more quantity, I don't want a subscription. I plan on cherry-picking MOTUC in 2012 and beyond.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

While I selected, "No, I'm Unhappy With The Quality Control!!!", that's only part of the story.

It is also too much money and I am a pick and choose buyer of the line.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I can't justify the money. Looking at this year, the only beast I've wanted is Shadowbeast (I would have wanted Swift Wind but not sure about the 'Royal' variant coming first). Similarly, I don't like Vikor or Battleground Teela...and don't desperately need Hurricane Hordak or Battle Armor Skeletor.

I'm with Angel-T in that I might think differently if something Filmation is announced...or if the exclusive is something I really want...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I am a very new collector to the MOTU world! What exactly is the MOTUC Subscription?

Although I have never suscribed (I always get my MOTUCs from eBay) the last wave is not super attractive from my point of view. There are some figures I will like to get, but there isn't any I must have.

No. I will NOT be subscribing again. The reason being is although I am a huge fan of he-man and She-ra, I don't want ALL the figures/not enough room either. I just want to focus on characters that I absolutely love. And the next reason is, it's almost impossible to re-sell figures I don't want for the price I paid. I am NOT marking the prices up at all, all are sold at cost. So, the next few figures coming out I know I'm keeping Panthor, Catra, Leech and Hurricane Hordak, but I have a Shadow Beast, BA Skeletor, Preternia He-man and a King Hiss I'm trying to get rid of. It is a little frustrating, but then again, maybe in the long run, in 2012, I can use these extra figs to trade for figs I won't be subscribing to.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I have been subscribed since 2009 and I wanted Wun-Dar and Preternia Diguise He-Man along with the maps of Eternia and Etheria. If the 2012 club exclusive is going to be something like the Leo repaints or kamo khan, or any other repaint It'll be a no brainer for me and I will gladly pass and not take a sub.

I like all of the released characters so far with the exceptions of SDCC King Grayskull, Flocked Ears Moss-Man, Mo-Lar, SDCC Orko, TRU Mer-Man and the Grayskull stands. All those weren't in the sub to begin with, so no problem there for me.

What I don't like is to spend the extra shipping + tax each time there is something which isn't included in the sub like the weapon paks, small diorama's and the upcoming vehicles. I also like to buy more then one of each sometimes which will cost me extra money in shipping + tax as well and I collect the Ghostbusters Classics and some of the DC Universe Classics as well. Being locked in for the year and having to find a new job is another thing that weights heavily in my decision.

They are all important factors to me where I'm leaning forwards no at this point, but like I mentioned before, I might let the Subscription Exclusive Figure be the final deciding factor. Although I think it is interesting how PDH is still available at BBTS after more than a month because Wun-Dar was sold out within an hour. Maybe it's also because BBTS decided to be greedy on the Etheria maps? To many Wun-Dar is like a holy grail they couldn't get for the vintage line and he looks really cool as well. PDH his overall coolness is the Cosmic Key.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Undecided for many reasons.
    The lack of modern heads (or even second heads at all) which we were getting in the beginning.
    If the figure is faulty, such as reverse shoulders, then I'm stuck with buying it anyway, where as if I don't have a sub I could just not buy it.
    The lack of option to get an 'all in' sub or just the 'monthly figures' sub, as I'm not a fan of variants anyway and when their shipped together with the monthly figure it adds customs fee's on to the package for me.
    I've not liked ether of the sub exclusive figures so far, they were basically He-man variants and I'm not a variant fan. Glad to hear it's not a HM variant this year but will have to wait and see, I hope it's not a variant of any kind.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by magicfortune View Post
    I am a very new collector to the MOTU world! What exactly is the MOTUC Subscription?
    During SDCC, in July Mattycollector.com offers a subscription for the Masters Of The Universe Classic figures. The subscription covers the figures from January to December of the following year. The only figures you know that you will be getting are the ones shown at SDCC. Once you sign up, you commit to buying the entire year's worth of figures (in this case the 2012 line-up). Thus far, only the figures and large scale beasts are included. Extra items such as vehicles and weapons packs are not included.

Edit: Oh, welcome to the boards, BTW!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Ahh winning! Of coarse

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    too much time spent on the WWD for figures , so the sub helps alot

I will get one. But I hope they start to give us more than 1 NA character a year. At least 2 if not 3 at this point.

Heck yes I am. I have ZERO problems with the line, so I'm all in until the end.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yup, as long as its being offered. Its just easier on me to know that I only have to go online to get figs for friends (or extras).

Any figures I do not want I have (so far) been able to trade off or sell
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm undecided. The QC leaves a bit to be desired and I don't want to get stuck with figures I don't want (Carnivus, Adora). Plus, I think website's ordering process has sufficiently improved enough that I can be fairly confident I can nab a figure I want on sale day allowing me to cherry pick.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    The lack of modern heads (or even second heads at all) which we were getting in the beginning.
    Good to see that others aren't buying into the "nothings changed" argument.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I chose other as there was no option there that matches why I won't get a 2012 subscription.

I am happy with the characters chosen for each year but I am unhappy with the recent persistence on 'copy&paste' vintage heads without an alternative modernized head as in earlier figures. I don't want to be burned by a Subscription of figures that I won't be happy with. If I wanted vintage toys, I would seek them out online not buy blown up versions.

Please note: Modern or updated head does not necessarily mean 200X.

I'm still down with Matty's Sub. I have a few issues with the toys, but we might not of had a line at all.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    No, I still have no interest in the sub.

I had no 2010 and 2011 sub and I have no motivation to get one for 2012.

I realized, that I bought nearly every figure, Mattel put out and that most of these non-vintage-figures are left unrecognized on my shelf. So I sold them.

I chose not to buy BG Teela, She-Ra, Swift Wind & Megator. Cherry picking is a good term for the way, I will continue with MOTUC.

I realized, that I doesn't need anything MOTUC!

I really hope that next year's sub offers subscribers the chance to opt in to non-sub items (reissues, diorama pieces, stands, weapons packs, vehicles, etc.) each month a week prior (at least) to their subs being charged to save on shipping and to cut down on traffic on Sales Day. I am so glad that I won't have to fight the WSOD again until the SDCC items go on sale (unless He-Ro gets reissued or I get an extra Clawful for a custom) then again for She-Ra 2.0 and the first vehicle.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

No for quite a few reasons.

1:I have not liked the sub exclusive figures.
    2: I don't want varients, especially when they mean I end up getting a custom charge and having to pay extra when they arrive in the UK all for a figure I don't want.
    3: They no longer post sub figures before sale date, sub figures actually get to me later now than stuff ordered on the sale date!
    4: I don't like recent design options such as Clawful and Leechs heads.
    5: I don't want to have to buy figures that are miss assembled with reverse shoulders.
    6: With the sub I can't get each figure delivered seperate so I end up with custom charges.
    7: It's easy to get figures on the sale date off matty now the buzz has died down.
    8: Lack of alternate heads.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 15, 2011 at 03:54pm.

I haven't decided yet. So far I have no regrets having subscribed for the past two years. However, Mattel's decision to hold back on alternative heads and the continuous lack of quality control makes me reconsider if I really want to spend a significant amount of money without even knowing what's to come. Most of my favourite characters have been released already anyway. I don't feel the need to possess every figure or vehicle ever made and would prefer to pass on figures like Snout Spout, Rio Blast and the whole gang of New Adventures.

I signed up in order to avoid the quick sellouts and Matty's WSOD. Now that this issue seems to be solved I guess it'll depend on the next line-up and the sub exclusive (Preternia He-Man was not quite the incentive in my book). Also, if Mattel is going to increase the number of released items every year, I don't think I'll be able to afford future susbcriptions altogether.

If I could choose between the all-in subscription as we know it and a system of pre-ordering (even without a sub exclusive), I would choose the latter.

Currently undecided. The fact that i don't need to get up in the middle of the night is making me lean towards a yes but i'll take it as it comes and see what happens.