View Poll Results: Are you happy with the sub figure????

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes im happy that Shadow Weaver is the sub figure.

75 67.57%
  • No im not happy that Shadow Weaver is the sub figure.

36 32.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER POLL Sub Exclusive**

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

**SPOILER POLL Sub Exclusive**

****SPOILER POLL****

Now that Shadow Weaver has appeared on the Matty site as being the subscription exclusive figure are you happy about it. For me im more then happy that she is the sub figure i believe that it will only drive subscriptions and improving sales for Mattel and should increase our tooling budgets.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yep, it works for me.....Cos I dont see it as a 'Vital' character, I had heard it was that stupid camera thing, so the announced figure is 100% better!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

A bit of both, I'm happy that the exclusive is a cool character unlike the one we got last year. On the other hand, I would have liked to get a second one to display loose and that won't be possible now unless you pay crazy prices on E-bay.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    I was dead set against getting a sub this year (too expensive) but I had seizures of joy when I saw the "leaked" info. I'm a little butthurt at not being able to relay this to friends before the news hit the major networks but I'm totally in for the sub now.

Ha! And people ragged on us for creating Shadow Weaver's Realm of Facebook! We are victorious! ^_^
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Everyone is complaining about Shadow Weaver being the Sub Exclusive, but this is a smart move by Mattel, Inc. Others can still get the the figure if they want through other means.

Remember Mattel is a corporation that thrives by making money. This one way to encourage people to buy subscriptions. If MOTUC is to survive, it will need innovation of this nature. Besides, this is much better than another variant.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; July 20, 2011 at 10:16am. Reason: -

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    PS I hope non-subscribers manage to get a SW for less than the price of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by logandelanoche View Post
    I was dead set against getting a sub this year (too expensive) but I had seizures of joy when I saw the "leaked" info. I'm a little butthurt at not being able to relay this to friends before the news hit the major networks but I'm totally in for the sub now.

Ha! And people ragged on us for creating Shadow Weaver's Realm of Facebook! We are victorious! ^_^
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Yes, it kicks it up a notch. I hope more people subscribe because of it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

This is an excellent strategy by Mattel and I am confident it will help keep MOTUC alive and healthy in sales for an extended period.

Clearly this choice of sub exclusive will result in more fans buying subscriptions, meaning it is most likely there will be many more SWs around than Wun-Dars.

Besides, not only do you get SW for the sub, but also the Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Star Sisters plus other great MOTU & POP characters I'm sure ... it will make up for the 1, 2 or 3 NA figures I'm sure we will have to endure.

This is a realist strategy that is great for the fans but also ensures sufficient sales to justify production of figures for those people who actually want NA.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I don't want vital characters to be club-exclusives. I feel that club-exclusives are rare and more valuble, and with only buying one subscription, I don't open them.

I'd rather club-exclusives be reserved for oddities such as the first two, not an extremely popular character.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'm still on the fence about next year's sub and this doesn't sway me one way or another. I'm not the biggest Shadow Weaver fan, but if I was & didn't have the money for the sub(or just didn't want to get it), I'd be mad.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm not happy about such a highly demanded character being the sub exclusive at all.

I realize that it makes good business sense to do it, in an effort to coax as many subscription fence-sitters as possible to buy the sub, but originally it wasn't the philosophy to us such a highly demanded character as the 'carrot'.

I'm more annoyed about the change in philosophy than anything. They've said before they didn't want to use characters of Shadow Weaver's ilk as the bonus figure before. That way of thinking apparently no longer exists.

Yes I'm happy if it is Shadow Weaver.
    I's going to get at least 1 sub and with that exclusive I'm debating between 2 or 3. Although, now I'm not quite sure if the exclusive would be Sorceress.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Yes I'm happy. IMO the sub figure should be an incentive to buy the sub and a lame variant like we got the past two years is not that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm happy that Shadow Weaver is coming.
    That she's the sub exclusive?

It's a very bold move by Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like Shadow Weaver disapeared and some major changes have been made.

You'll also receive club-exclusive Sorceress and an all-new bonus map poster of The Horde Empire!
    You are billed as figures ship. Figures revealed to date are Frosta (January), Clamp Champ (February) and Rattlor (March). Also in March is the biggest large scale beast revealed to date - Granamyr!

I suspect that these "leaks" are just made intentionally by Mattel to throw us off

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Yeah, kinda jumping the gun. The figure won't be revealed until Friday or unless someone posts a pic of something at SDCC earlier.

Assuming she really is the sub exclusive, yes I'm happy.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

if this is real and bears fruit, I'm happy Shadow Weaver is released at all.

I agree with the sentiment that no matter what, she will be availible for sale, even if it's only "overpriced" second-hand.

Of course she is "priceless".

I certainly am ok with a sub-fig being a "must have" in as much as Preternian He-Man is entirely responsible for my not getting the 2011 sub (and so far I have all the characters, and know full well I can get anyone I miss). Well that and I was afraid of how much the "all in" would cost if something happend. And of course, something did happen, and I wasnt able to buy a few months firstrun, but pick them up on ebay later.

Anyone blinded by her being a sub figure when we thought she wouldnt exist at all is impatient. As with patience you will get one eventually, if you really really want it.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I don't really care either way. I'm just happy she's on the horizon!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Yeah, kinda jumping the gun. The figure won't be revealed until Friday or unless someone posts a pic of something at SDCC earlier.
    I agree. More signs are starting to point again towards a certain project Marlena Glenn was working on...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If it is true that SW is the sub exclusive, then yes.

I buy 2 subscriptions no matter what so I don't mind SW is the exclusive or not, it changes nothing for me.

No I'm not happy at all

I've been deciding whether to go for the sub these last 24 hours (on the assumption that Shadow Weaver is the sub figure) Then I suddenly realised the MOC collector in me will stop myself from opening Shadow Weaver when she arrives due to her being a rarer figure (I usually collect MOTUC loose). So I kinda share danielsan52's sentiment I guess

So even though I could sell off what I don't need from the sub on eBay, I still wouldn't get my loose Shadow Weaver. If I don't take the sub and get her on the secondary market, again I won't open her, due to price paid.

So I think I'm gonna totally skip her if she's the sub figure, pick up She-Ra 2.0 and Swiftwind (if you can make Filmation colours version with the set), possibly pick up Sorceress in January then call it a day with the line for a while, as I can always catch up again on the secondary market if I have a change of heart.

I am happy with it just because I get 2 subs every year so it really does not bother me for my own collection.

I can totally understand what some of the others are saying, I still believe she won't be that hard to get on the secondary market after the initial heat of her selling on eBay dies down.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i will have the sub, but feel its unfair to all those that wont get the sub. should be an optional monthly figure.
    this i feel is mattys ploy to get more fans to buy the sub.