Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displays/playsets/figures that fit MOTUC

Displays/playsets/figures that fit MOTUC

Hey guys! I was thinking that we may never get displays or playsets other than the brick stands(Greyskull).

So I have started to search my colelction and storage boxes to find displays, playsets, figures or just "stuff" that FIT in with the MOTUC line.

I will post some pics of what I have found so far, and WILL post pics once I found more stuff! Hope everyone can add something so we (openers) can displays this line in a way it deserves!

Here is a display base made of bricks... It has waterlines on the other side and also have pegs to stan a few figs... It cam with a Unleashed Spider-Man a few years back.

Other view for scale purposes...

Here I have a Marvel Select Ghost Rider hellfire display base...I will use this for Hordak...Once I get him! Also here is a piece of a cutted tree...I think it looks ok to stand a fig or have some weapons around it.

Closer look...

Here I have a Conan fig from LCBH line... I think he is a good fig to add to the MOTU universe... Don't know why but I really like him! Also in there is a piece of tree that has a strange plant in the back....Dont remember even if I bought this (really doubt it) It may have been from somebody in the house!

Note: This shelve is empty...But my Castle Greyskull will be in there... I just have to pick it up at my moms house... I was keeping it safe there!

Hope you guys like the idea and that everyone contributes with ideas of their own!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Slime pit from Harry Potter would work well (does for the 2002 figures). Some of the old MOTU knock-off beasts do, as well:

Anyone thought of finding an appropriate saddle and riding this bronco?

Jurassic Park T-Rex from TRU
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I like the ones I make:

I've added more backdrops too and will being doing other things as well. Figures look great on it.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Dude! Are those 6 inch figures with the TRex??? Man that is huge!!!

Thanks for sharing! I would love to see Tytus standing by that TRex!

Wow, you made those dioramas??? They look awesome? How did you do them? Do you have pics with the MOTUC on it?
    Last edited by He Man 12; May 14, 2010 at 02:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

Awesome dude! Are those print outs glued to cardboard???

Nope I have a machine that does large format museum quality prints. It's a high quality material with an adhesive back that I use and apply a laminate. The shelves are plastic with key hole slots cut in the back to hang on the wall. Same thing applies with any of the other displays I do.

The wall in the picture is bare because I'm working on redoing that room for some of my displays. I hope to get that done before the end of the year.
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

I don't have photos, but the 7th Kingdom stuff from Four Horsemen looks good with the MOTUC line. I have the Hammer of Gholl set up with them right now and he looks perfect - a little bigger than the MOTUC figures, which works since he's an elephant. http://www.oafe.net/yo/7keles.php

The old Realm of the Claw figures are probably a little big to go well, but their display stands look quite good. http://www.oafe.net/yo/rotc2.php

Heroic Warrior orionpaximusprime's Avatar
    Saw this at target today, i'm thinking of picking it up for my motu display. I think it is rougly 10" tall so a MOTU fig would just fit in the gate
    http://www.toywiz.com/alamutplayset.html
    By the powet of thundara, Transform and kill cobra... or something.

Heroic Warrior
    Golem gate (Poe's pic):

Hellboy Skeletons, Realm of the Claw/Spawn weapons:

Mephisto chair, Charmed bases, big marble, marble base:

Terragator shell:

DCUC Superman energy:

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Cool ideas. I'll have to borrow my wife's laptop to put pictures on later, but some stuff I'm using is:

The Secret Wars Tower of Doom: It's too small scale wise for figures to interact much (200x stuff works ok) but from the front it looks good with figures next to it and from the back, it could make a cool workshop for Orko.

Some of the stuff from Toybiz's Lord of the Rings looks cool. I have Saruman's Palantir, a barrel from the birthday Bilbo Baggins, and the pillar with the One Ring on it sitting within my 200x Grayskull.

Some of the random Stargate stuff works great. I have a few books, something with a big red orb in the middle, a crystal skull, and a staff with a blue gem just sitting around Grayskull. Also, these odd crystal holders.

Alexx has used it, but Dr. Doom's throne from the Marvel Select figures looks awesome with MOTUC.

Oh, and some random books from NECA's Nightmare before Christmas figures.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/picture.php?albumid=657&pictureid=8008
    Man I really love these, i would say buy something like those
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Nice idea with the marble Dead Man Walking!!!

Wow Barbecue!!! I haven't thought of the LOTR stuff!!! I have almost every fig made for the line!!! I will start research in my stuff!!!

Nice ideas everyone!!! Keep it on! Awesome!

Man you should sell those!!! I would buy them in a flash!!!

Hope whe get something like that from Matty!!!

Nope I have a machine that does large format museum quality prints. It's a high quality material with an adhesive back that I use and apply a laminate. The shelves are plastic with key hole slots cut in the back to hang on the wall. Same thing applies with any of the other displays I do.

The wall in the picture is bare because I'm working on redoing that room for some of my displays. I hope to get that done before the end of the year.
    Last edited by He Man 12; May 14, 2010 at 05:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Nice idea with the marble Dead Man Walking!!!

Wow Barbecue!!! I haven't thought of the LOTR stuff!!! I have almost every fig made for the line!!! I will start research in my stuff!!!

Nice ideas everyone!!! Keep it on! Awesome!

Man you should sell those!!! I would buy them in a flash!!!

Hope whe get something like that from Matty!!!

Check my D&J Toys link...

Just for the record, I don't run a toy company, haha. I just came up with a name for the site so I had something to call it. Also I have a promo thing I'm doing in about 2 weeks. I'll post that in the sales section when it comes up.
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

I did and I DIG it J! Awesome displays....Once I get all the figs I am needding to complete my MOTUC's....YOU mu friend will be hearing from me!!! Thanks! And i wish you the best with your endeavour J! Congrats!

hey where is everyone getting skeletors bone throne from? please let me know!

Hi Keldorr! That throne is from Marvel Select Mephisto... and IT KICK SOME SERIOUS A$$ with Skelletor....I think you can find it on e bay for a few bucks.... Hope this helps!

@scott metzger
    that T-rex is freakin' faboulous!
    Really nice setup sir

The NECA ghostbuster Demon Dogs work.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    The NECA ghostbuster Demon Dogs work.
    They sure do, I have been trying to track them down, but they aren't cheap and are very scarce.

You guys have pics of them???? Next to MOTUC???

Castle Greyskull fits...So to speak... The figs are too big to pose them inside, BUT it works if keep closed.
    Last edited by He Man 12; May 25, 2010 at 08:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Amazing work! I love it!!!!!

I like the ones I make:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=8009

I've added more backdrops too and will being doing other things as well. Figures look great on it.
    FS MOTU Vintage figures in Zoloworld cases and mini comics:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oloworld-cases

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I found a few things at TRU, under their generic Chap Mei True Legends line, that are big enough to go with the MOTUC stuff. There's a big red dragon with light up eyes and sound, a four armed battle troll, and a tree warrior that just reeks of Filmation magical monster. They are on their site if you want to look at them. I've got the tree guy in front of the cardboard Grayskull from the SDCC King Grayskull, and he looks perfect going up against the Masters.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I don't have pictures as it isn't complete yet, but I have been using my old Star Wars Droid Factory from the 80's as a Horde World base for Horde Prime. I'm planning on buying one of those robotic hand kits for kids, to paint and attach to the crane arm...like HP's giant hand in the Filmation cartoon.jabbadungeon-potf-catalog.jpg

Oh! I also use Star Wars force lightning blasts attached to Standor's hands. A god needs to have some sort of display of power! And I use backdrops from The Fwoosh. I prefer their realistic look to cartoon backdrops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I found a few things at TRU, under their generic Chap Mei True Legends line, that are big enough to go with the MOTUC stuff. There's a big red dragon with light up eyes and sound, a four armed battle troll, and a tree warrior that just reeks of Filmation magical monster. They are on their site if you want to look at them. I've got the tree guy in front of the cardboard Grayskull from the SDCC King Grayskull, and he looks perfect going up against the Masters.
    You aren't kidding! Just looked them up based on your post. They have some great stuff! The two-headed wolves and dragons are so cool! Even some of their smaller humanoid figures could pass for elves next to Classics figures. I think I just found some more items for my shopping list!
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 19, 2014 at 03:05pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The tree warrior thing is cool. I'll be adding it to my display soon!
    MOTUC Needs: Fisto, Whiplash, Roboto, Wind Raider, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, King Randor, Sorceress, TOD Sorceress, Palace Guards, SLL, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Icer, Foe Men, Octavia, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strong-Or, Strobo, Standor, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Horde Prime, Pre-ternia He-man