Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 244

Thread: Madame Razz in MOTUC discussion (featuring Broom)

  1. #101
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Seeing how Ram man was redesigned and is no longer a neckless dwarf but a behemoth of character. I would like if they also redesigned Madame Razz to be able to share a buck with MotUC women. Why not?! I don't hear too many people saying they want vertically challenged Ram Man instead.

    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...SwampWitch.jpg
    This is an interesting idea but I would DIE if this happened. I, and many people like me, have been waiting over 25 years to get the Madame Razz (and Broom!) we all know and love.

    Ram Man has already had 2 versions released. If Madame Razz had already had her time to shine like a character such as Ram Man then I would say absolutely, go ahead and give us a new interpretation. I would be shocked if this happened though. When we FINALLY get The Great Rebellion's den-mother witch I believe (and hope) that she will be straight out of Filmation land just as Shadow Weaver is.
    Last edited by Swifty; November 16, 2011 at 12:53am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    Madam Razz and Broom definitely MUST look like they did on the Filmation POP cartoon.

  3. #103
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    This is an interesting idea but I would DIE if this happened. I, and many people like me, have been waiting over 25 years to get the Madame Razz (and Broom!) we all know and love.

    Ram Man has already had 2 versions released. If Madame Razz had already had her time to shine like a character such as Ram Man then I would say absolutely, go ahead and give us a new interpretation. I would be shocked if this happened though. When we FINALLY get The Great Rebellion's den-mother witch I believe (and hope) that she will be straight out of Filmation land just as Shadow Weaver is.
    I agree with this. Let's get her in her original form before messing with Madame Razz. Personally, I like that she's different from the other females of the line - she has something else to offer and can't wait to see her released. I just know the Four Horsemen will do her justice.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

  4. #104
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I agree with this. Let's get her in her original form before messing with Madame Razz. Personally, I like that she's different from the other females of the line - she has something else to offer and can't wait to see her released. I just know the Four Horsemen will do her justice.
    Exactly. Not every female member of the rebellion (or female representation in this particular line) needs to have a tiny waist, perky breasts, and long legs. Let's get one female who has a different body type in there. Madame Razz may not be oozing sensuality but the Great Rebellion was fighting a war, not conducting a beauty pageant.

    UPDATE: Hey everyone, I just created a group to support Madame Razz and Broom's inclusion in MOTUC. If you're a fan of them (or POP in general) then please head on over to the group page and sign up so we can build our ranks and drum up support! We need these two (and characters like Kowl, Loo-Kee, and the Twiggets) to make our core whispering woods group complete!

    I also just added some fantastic pipes including a lot of fan art and customs I'd never seen before. So head on over already!
    Last edited by Swifty; March 18, 2012 at 02:15am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    562
    Since Razz and Broom never had vintage figure releases, chances are highly likely they'll get Filmation design treatment. She might takes some tooling to be able to ride on Broom without falling over.

  6. #106
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Since Razz and Broom never had vintage figure releases, chances are highly likely they'll get Filmation design treatment. She might takes some tooling to be able to ride on Broom without falling over.
    that was part of Madame Razz's charm
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  7. #107
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,141
    I hope the 4H give Madame her nice bubble ass (Madame Razz charm ). The other ladies in the line are too pancake in the back.

  8. #108
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,617
    Lol, she better arrive in all her frumpy gloriousness ... If she's not released in 2013 or 2014 I think I may explode!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  9. #109
    Queer Sorcerer Telkan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Lol, she better arrive in all her frumpy gloriousness ... If she's not released in 2013 or 2014 I think I may explode!
    I wish it were possible to 'like' posts on the .Org like one can on FB, 'cause that's exactly what this comment would get!

    Razzle-dazzle, drizzle-dreer, give us Madam this very year (or next)!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

    Zoar28, Facebook


  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior bianchi5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    São Paulo,Brasil
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i don't know who did the art but i would LOVE her to look like this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...dumdum/raz.jpg
    I was a vintage purist once, I'm converted now! I'm loving POP (thank you 4H) but this image is the only way I can love madame Razz!
    My Feedback


    The fortress of mystery and power!

  11. #111
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,617
    It's great art but the 200x styled Razz & Broom is not how this Filmation staple should look in classics IMO.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,274
    I don't get it, is this some sort of big" Snakes on a Plane"-type joke I don't get, or do people actually want Madam Razz (with Broom)?

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,274

    Madam Razz & Broom

    I'm new to these forums, so maybe I'm missing something here. Every time I hear people talking about the new figures they want, I always hear people say "Madam Razz & Broom." Seems kind of silly. Are people actually serious about wanting this figure, or is this some sort of ironic joke that I'm not getting?

    (I looked for a good thread to put this in, but couldn't find anything so please excuse and move if I'm in the wrong place)

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior UTK007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C. / NOVA
    Posts
    290
    There is a Madame Razz discussion thread that this would best be discussed in. And yes, I want Madame Razz and Broom. She is in my top 10 most wanted figures.

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,380
    Personally I find it a bit silly to criticize people for wanting to have any MOTU/PoP characters as a figure. This thread I'm sure will be merged or closed soon, but please be a little more considerate and open minded in the future

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,926
    I know this thread will get moved, but I don't get it either? She has zero appeal for me, granted I didn't watch POP when I was younger but I thought I had seen episodes and she seemed like an even worse Orko? I wish Hordak would have just eliminated her as she would have been easy prey But for some reason the fanbase seems to love her? Again I don't get the appeal, but she'll be a character I have to live with getting along with that damn bunny after watching Toyguru's presentation at Toyfair (I'm imagining that Plundor will be the unexpected Filmation figure in that sub)

  17. #117
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,501
    Why would it be weird? People wanted Orko, right? Maddam Razz was basically the Orko of POP, and Broom is always with her. These are amongst my most wanted figures, too... much more so than anyone shown so far in the Filmation sub (which I did sign up for), and more than most of the characters released in the vintage POP toyline.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Why would it be weird? People wanted Orko, right? Maddam Razz was basically the Orko of POP, and Broom is always with her. These are amongst my most wanted figures, too... much more so than anyone shown so far in the Filmation sub (which I did sign up for), and more than most of the characters released in the vintage POP toyline.

    This.

    She's She-ra's version of Orko. Personally I never liked the character, but she was VERY prevalant in the cartoon... and as one of the '3 others that share her secret'... she's a LOT more important to those fans than people like Shokoti and Icer...

    PErsonally I hate Orko too... but in a world that tolerates Orko's existence... Madam Razz is no less important, and should have had a figure back in the 80's...

    Frankly THIS is what I want from the filmation license. Filmation Randor, Madam Razz, Marlena, Sea Hawk, hover robots, Things that we saw all the time on the tv show... but never had toys of.

    One shot villains like Icer and Batros??? I don't care about them.

  19. #119
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Personally I find it a bit silly to criticize people for wanting to have any MOTU/PoP characters as a figure. This thread I'm sure will be merged or closed soon, but please be a little more considerate and open minded in the future
    Were people being serious or joking with the support thread for the yellow tug of war guy? Lots of forums have running jokes like that.

    That being said, regardless of her appearance, Madame Razz and Broom did appear in most episodes of She-Ra (every episode if you count the credits) so she definitely was a prominent character who many fans love. I don't think anyone's joking who says they want her.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  20. #120
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I know this thread will get moved, but I don't get it either? She has zero appeal for me, granted I didn't watch POP when I was younger but I thought I had seen episodes and she seemed like an even worse Orko?
    Well, if you didn't watch the cartoon much, then that's probably why you don't get it. I don't mean that offensively... I'm just saying that since most people know her and like her from the show, anyone who didn't watch it might not understand the connection.

    For me growing up, I did watch the POP cartoon along side He-Man. I can't say that I remember too many specific episodes, but in general I remember watching it. And in particular, I was (and still am) a big fan of The Secret of the Sword. I remember seeing it in the theater and renting it a few times on video (before obtaining a used VHS copy from a video store in the mid 90s, and then of course buying the DVD a few years ago).

    She has similar appeal as Orko. If you happen to hate Orko, well, then you probably won't like Maddam Razz either.

    Back in the 80s, most of the regular, major, reoccurring characters that were in most episodes of He-Man were made into figures at some point in the vintage line (with the likes of Randor and the Sorceress being pretty late in the line). About the only major character that I can think of that didn't get a figure was Marlena, and we have her now in MOTUC.

    With POP, there was a good handful of regular occurring characters (including the Horde) in the cartoon that never got made into toys at all like Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, and Maddam Razz & Broom. That combined with the fact that the POP toy line from the 80s was aimed at girls, were made into fashion dolls, and some of the main character differed greatly from their cartoon looks.
    Now with MOTUC, we are getting the characters in their most iconic looks, characters that we never got at all before, etc. Maddam Razz very much falls into that.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 12, 2013 at 10:06am.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,274
    I apologize, I wasn't trying to criticize anyone, I'm just honestly confused. I wasn't sure if it was something like "Madam Razz with Broom!" lol wink wink nudge nudge kind of joke thing like Snakes on a Plane or "Derpy Hoof" Brony type thing, or if she was an actual important character on the show somewhere (keep in mind that I haven't seen all the original MOTU episodes, and 0 She-Ra). But saying that she's She-Ra's Orko makes sense to me, thanks!

  22. #122
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,465
    I have no data to back this up, but I think POP fans tend to be a little more voracious than your average MOTU fan. They're a kind of superfan that wants everything related to POP in every imaginable variation. You rarely see someone who only kinda likes POP, at least on this board. That's super cool in its own way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have no data to back this up, but I think POP fans tend to be a little more voracious than your average MOTU fan. They're a kind of superfan that wants everything related to POP in every imaginable variation. You rarely see someone who only kinda likes POP, at least on this board. That's super cool in its own way.

  23. #123
    Fake Impostor Non-Fan pH6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Lapua, Finland
    Posts
    11,600
    I can't of course talk about the seriousness of others on the forum. But for my part, I'm dead serious in wanting Madame Razz. She may have been there mostly for the comedic relief, but if we take a long hard look at Princess of Power cartoon, well, most of it is comedic relief. Besides the cartoon, she had a major role in many of the vintage books, many I happen to like even though I'm no fan of She-Ra.
    Very vast majority of MotUCs are basically just a bunch of parts reused+new armor+new head. Madame Razz would bring welcome variety. And having already most figures from previous lines, I'm not also quite sure if I need some of the characters for the 35th time...There has already been, and undoubtedly will be more, figures which I see as a waste of character slot. But she's not one of them.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Were people being serious or joking with the support thread for the yellow tug of war guy? Lots of forums have running jokes like that.

    That being said, regardless of her appearance, Madame Razz and Broom did appear in most episodes of She-Ra (every episode if you count the credits) so she definitely was a prominent character who many fans love. I don't think anyone's joking who says they want her.
    You are right, there was a short period of joke character speculation threads popping up (Crackers the Clown, random eternian villager, etc), so perhaps I was a bit harsh. However, I do believe the Yellow Tug of War guy thread was serious (at least for the person who created the thread ), and it seems like one shouldn't question the seriousness of wanting Madame Razz and Broom on a MOTU fan site!

    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I apologize, I wasn't trying to criticize anyone, I'm just honestly confused. I wasn't sure if it was something like "Madam Razz with Broom!" lol wink wink nudge nudge kind of joke thing like Snakes on a Plane or "Derpy Hoof" Brony type thing, or if she was an actual important character on the show somewhere (keep in mind that I haven't seen all the original MOTU episodes, and 0 She-Ra). But saying that she's She-Ra's Orko makes sense to me, thanks!
    My apologies, sometimes you really just can't get an idea of someone's intent through writing.

  25. #125
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,465
    I have no data to back this up, but I think POP fans tend to be a little more voracious than your average MOTU fan. They're a kind of superfan that wants everything related to POP in every imaginable variation. You rarely see someone who only kinda likes POP, at least on this board. That's super cool in its own way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •