Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Razz in MOTUC discussion (featuring Broom)

If you are talking about the Sexy Madame Razz™ then no, it's no joke
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Why are there so many different spellings of her name? It is Madame Razz!!!

Snappy Threader
    Love her or hate her, if you grew up with Filmation toons or are into them now, there is no denying that Razz and Broom are as iconic as it gets in regards to Filmation fans. She is one of the select few who knows Adora's secret, she was in neraly every episode (and some books too). Personally, I want the 2 pack of Madame Razz and Broom. I have since I was a kid, and the only POP figures I had were She-Ra, Bow and Kowl. I can understand it seeming kind of silly to some though, but in this case I think it's just as serious as those wanting Two Bad or Modulok.....

I never watched POP, but I know what she looks like, and I personally have Zero interest in her, to me she looks too goofy, and people said Fang Man looks bad...

I mean I get why she's wanted for POP fans. But I'm just not sure how they would even do her and make her fit Classics without looking totally out of place.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I apologize, I wasn't trying to criticize anyone, I'm just honestly confused. I wasn't sure if it was something like "Madam Razz with Broom!" lol wink wink nudge nudge kind of joke thing like Snakes on a Plane or "Derpy Hoof" Brony type thing, or if she was an actual important character on the show somewhere (keep in mind that I haven't seen all the original MOTU episodes, and 0 She-Ra). But saying that she's She-Ra's Orko makes sense to me, thanks!
    Madame Razz is serious business for many Princess of Power and Filmation fans... and so is Derpy Hooves on the Brony side of things... Joke MOTU Character that SOME people want? Look for the Yellow Tug-of war guy, Crackers the Clown or Chef Allen... and the crazy thing is that you may find some people that TRULY want these guys among the nudge nudge wink wink joke likes...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I have zero interest in this character.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I mean I get why she's wanted for POP fans. But I'm just not sure how they would even do her and make her fit Classics without looking totally out of place.
    I'm sure the Four Horsemen would make her look great.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I have no data to back this up, but I think POP fans tend to be a little more voracious than your average MOTU fan. They're a kind of superfan that wants everything related to POP in every imaginable variation. You rarely see someone who only kinda likes POP, at least on this board. That's super cool in its own way.
    I like POP characters, but I'm not a super fan. I wish the 4H would update them to more warrior-like levels like Teela and Evil-Lyn. Give them some more warrior-like trappings and weapons.

From my experience, POP and 200X "champions" are rarer, but way louder than your typical MOTU fan because they feel as though they have to actively fight or campaign for greater representation in this heavily vintage orientated line. Whereas every vintage MOTU character is practically a given to show up in the line with full accessories and innovations, every original POP character might not show up and POP doesn't have the privileges of the vintage characters and 200X definitely is an optional thing. You might not be hearing much from the 200X camp because of the lack of variants or 200X characters in 2014.

NA doesn't have any champions like POP or 200X does. But it does have MOTU fans who happen to like NA's characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Madame Razz and Broom? I’ll take them for sure! Throw Kowl in there too!

She is one of the only one's that knows She-ra's secret! She's the Orko of PoP! She's integral to the GR! And she happens to be the last of the GR members (well besides Kowl) that I actually want in my collection! No joke here - I want a Madame Razz figure!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    From my experience, POP and 200X "champions" are rarer, but way louder than your typical MOTU fan because they feel as though they have to actively fight or campaign for greater representation in this heavily vintage orientated line. Whereas every vintage MOTU character is practically a given to show up in the line with full accessories and innovations, every original POP character might not show up and POP doesn't have the privileges of the vintage characters and 200X definitely is an optional thing. You might not be hearing much from the 200X camp because of the lack of variants or 200X characters in 2014.

NA doesn't have any champions like POP or 200X does. But it does have MOTU fans who happen to like NA's characters.
    I again can only speak for myself...I've given up hope of ever seeing Jetlag creations or NA concept/prototypes in the Classics line. She-Fanatics did get their precious Star Sisters and are getting Octavia and Toyguru only knows who else in the Filmation sub.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

She should come with the Wizards Wand, an artifact from the Filmation POP era. Since she never had a wand or weapon besides Broom, this is a perfect way to get this in the line and giving her a cool weapon artifact.

No Razz, we Spazz?? Oh deary my!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    She should come with the Wizards Wand, an artifact from the Filmation POP era. Since she never had a wand or weapon besides Broom, this is a perfect way to get this in the line and giving her a cool weapon artifact.
    http://frankshemanpage.net/magical01.JPG
    I don't see her being accessory heavy because of the heavy tooling costs. I would be okay with just her and Broom but if they did include something I think some sort of flight stand would be the way to go. She did have her own type of "crystal ball" that she used in numerous episodes that could also be a potential accessory.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Or maybe a energy effect castaspella.

It appears there's no reason to spazz; before long, we will have Razz

Mods c'mon already, time to move this puppy out of support and speculation!

IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Mods c'mon already, time to move this puppy out of support and speculation!

Seconded!

"Razzle Dazzle, Degradation
    I've been revealed, theres no speculation!"
    -Love Madame Razz
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Judging from the videos from Toy Fair, it looks like Madame Razz's cape is a bit wider so that it doesn't get in the way when she's riding Broom. It looks a little weird in the pictures where her arms are flat at her sides, but it makes sense once you have her posed with her arms up.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

She actually looks pretty good in (near final) toy form. Yea for small favors!

SO curious to see how her bio is going to turn out! With Classics making up the "assigned Trollan guide for Power wielders" concept, I wonder. What if...

When Adora was kidnapped by the Horde, the Overlords of Trolla realized the twins would need two separate guides. Unaware that prolonged exposure to the negative influences of Despondos' dark magic causes memory loss in Trollans, Adora's first guide - Trolla's best shapeshifting agent - arrived and went undercover as a member of the Horde. Unfortunately, over time his memory faded and he came to believe that he was truly a member of the evil Horde (Imp).

The Overlords then sent in one of their most powerful sorceresses, Razz, and had her live amongst the Twiggets, where the magic of the Whispering Woods would help fend off the memory loss effects of the dimension- though not entirely. She watched Adora from afar, until Adora left the Horde and joined the Rebellion.

Lol. This would make so many people angry! I can totally see it happening. She's not really a Twigget, she's a Trollan in disguise! Imp's a Trollan! I'm a Trollan! You're a Trollan! Bam! We're all Trollans!
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 18, 2014 at 06:55pm.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

I love her but she isn't exactly on model where it comes to her boots! They arn't painted high enough. Her Filmation model sheet shows them as being up to her shins, just below her knees! I wonder if this could be fixed by the Four Horsemen in time in to bring her completely on model before production?

Last edited by Angel-T; February 18, 2014 at 07:12pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

After seeing the Pixel Dan/Toyguru walk-through I'm very excited for Madam Razz. I didn't think she'd be able to ride Broom, but Mattel came through. That is going to be awesome.

Madam Razz, Orko, Shadow Weaver, Kowl, and Lookee all scream Filmation, and I love it. They looked like they stepped right out of the cartoon.

I love the mage/witch/wizard look Orko and Razz share with their pointy hats, boots, scarfs, etc. It evokes a lot of fantasy images in my mind.

I also love that Orko, Razz, Broom, and Kowl look like McDonald Happy Meal toys. It makes me smile, dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I love her but she isn't exactly on model where it comes to her boots! They arn't painted high enough. Her Filmation model sheet shows them as being up to her shins, just below her knees! I wonder if this could be fixed by the Four Horsemen in time in to bring her completely on model before production?
    I agree. That does look odd now that you've pointed it out. I wonder if that can be fixed?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I sure hope her articulation cuts enable us to pose her with her hands on her hips like the image here.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...pse4be6ba0.jpg
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Thank you for pointing this out, Angel-T!!! This is an easy paint fix - they fixed The Faceless One, surely, they can fix Madame Razz. They're turned the tops of her boots into odd cuffs of her pants. Since they're already using black paint on the figure, I can't imagine it would be too hard to just extend the black up to the part right under where the end of her pants gather at the calves.

I do appreciate the added detail of painting the center of the flower on her hat yellow, since in the cartoon, the entire flower was just painted orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...pse4be6ba0.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps8eb574db.jpg
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"