Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel has Jetlag rights...

Mattel has Jetlag rights...

As tweeted by Dan from the Mattypalooza panel earlier today (right after tweeting about Mattel having the Filmation rights):

JETLAG RIGHTS TOO!!!
    Without getting into lots of legal mumbo jumbo, I was always under the impression that all the rights (except the live action movie rights) were bundled and sold together, which is why the image shown at the panel included characters from storybooks. Also, most people probably primarily cared about the Filmation stuff, hence the, taking on the name "Filmation rights" no matter how incorrect it may be.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

AWESOME news!!!!!!!

We REALLY need more NA love in the MOTUC line....2 figures in over 3 years???
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

@josh

please help me to understand

what is a Jetlag right ?

and which Charackter we can have now for MOTUC ?
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Quote Originally Posted by ˛He-Ro View Post
    @josh

please help me to understand

what is a Jetlag right ?

and which Charackter we can have now for MOTUC ?
    Jetlag is the production company for New Adventures

What it means is that anybody who showed up in a New Adventures Cartoon can now legally be done in MOTUC

Master Sebrian, Crita, etc.

They may have to change the names to something else if the current name is already taken. Prime example is Flipshot now has to use his European name of Icarus because NERF owns the name Flipshot.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    As cool as this news is, I'd like to see more vintage NA figures made into MOTUC figures before we get into the cartoon. We're only averaging one NA character in MOTUC every year and a half at this point. I was hoping for equal parts NA and POP in this line, but now with 2-3 Filmation figures per year as well, and next to no NA figures so far, it seems to me like NA in MOTUC isn't much of a priority for Mattel, and is getting kind of squeezed out. Hopefully we at least get NA He-Man and Skeletor in MOTUC before we get characters like Plundor or a Widget army builder....

Critta, please!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    As cool as this news is, I'd like to see more vintage NA figures made into MOTUC figures before we get into the cartoon. We're only averaging one NA character in MOTUC every year and a half at this point. I was hoping for equal parts NA and POP in this line, but now with 2-3 Filmation figures per year as well, and next to no NA figures so far, it seems to me like NA in MOTUC isn't much of a priority for Mattel, and is getting kind of squeezed out. Hopefully we at least get NA He-Man and Skeletor in MOTUC before we get characters like Plundor or a Widget army builder....
    Agreed but its at least nice to know that Crita, Master Sebrian are available and that the 4H can look at the Cartoon likeness of the Mutants and Guardians and give us hybrid figures that take the best of the 90's line and the animated series.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

What it means is that anybody who showed up in a New Adventures Cartoon can now legally be done in MOTUC

Master Sebrian, Crita, etc.
    I have hoped some one said this ;D
    Thanks for your answer!

And you have Coice the most important Chars.
    I look forward to see is Drissy as descendant of Adam.
    (why the Sorceress speak only with her telepathic, like with Adam)

They may have to change the names to something else if the current name is already taken. Prime example is Flipshot now has to use his European name of Icarus because NERF owns the name Flipshot.
    This is SAD!!!

I have hoped the names become fist and family names!
    Example:
    - Icarius Flipshot
    - Flog Brakk
    - Spinwhit Tornado
    - Kayo Tatarus
    - Tharkus Sagitar

More as 1 NA Figure in 1 Jear is better!
    I wish me 4 but 2 is ok to!
    (like my Topic/Proll shows i am sure not alone with the meaning!)

i am sure the 4H made a good Job!

I'm excited about this prospect & really hope I can have Drissi, Mara, & Critta in collection someday.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Master of New Adventures!
    Someone please clarify this for me. Has Mattel recently acquire NA rights or did Mattel have them all along?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Someone please clarify this for me. Has Mattel recently acquire NA rights or did Mattel have them all along?

Thanks.
    It sounds like recently acquired. They've always had the rights to make NA toys based on toys they had already made, but now anything that appeared in the cartoon is fair game.

Speaking of which, did you see these yet?

Heroic Warrior

Thanks.
    They just announced the rights yesterday, so they had to have gotten them recently. Over the last few months, there have been multiple reports that Mattel and Classic Media were working together, so most of us were pretty sure that Filmation rights would be announced at SDCC. The Filmation rights and Jetlag rights were tied together, so there you go. Now we can see some of your great characters get a plastic form (as long as we never see the scientists. I remember reading that you didn't want to have them in the cartoon, but they made you.)!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It sounds like recently acquired. They've always had the rights to make NA toys based on toys they had already made, but now anything that appeared in the cartoon is fair game.

Speaking of which, did you see these yet?

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1311385234.jpg

Clever. And all without a line of dialogue.

Ah well, I guess he should have quite while he was a-head, 'cause now he ain't got no-body. (Ouch!)

Having just seen this video of the Mattypalooza 2001 panel:

the Golden Books are specifically mentioned along with Filmation and Jetlag.

In the same video, it's also mentioned Icarius was Flipshot's original name.

Quote Originally Posted by ˛He-Ro View Post
    I have hoped the names become fist and family names!
    Example:
    - Icarius Flipshot
    - Flog Brakk
    - Spinwhit Tornado
    - Kayo Tatarus
    - Tharkus Sagitar
    While Flipshot had to be changed to Icarius, that doesn't rule out these naming conventions for other characters.

For fun, one could always read more about Icarius in mythologies (not to be confused with Icarus).
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    He can flip up the visor on his helmet too, Jack. =) So he's got 3 different face-looks, so to speak.

They appear to have gone with the short hair that the toy had tho', instead of the mullet long-hair that he had in the cartoon... I think, in hindsight, I would have preferred the mullet.

What about you, Jack? You a clean cut man, or more of a hippie, like me? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    He can flip up the visor on his helmet too, Jack. =) So he's got 3 different face-looks, so to speak.

They appear to have gone with the short hair that the toy had tho', instead of the mullet long-hair that he had in the cartoon... I think, in hindsight, I would have preferred the mullet.

What about you, Jack? You a clean cut man, or more of a hippie, like me? ^^
    Well I guess they weren't concerned about saving face. (Sorry about that.)

As for your question about me, during my radical 1960s days as a Hippie I had shoulder-length hair, a Fu Manchu mustache and a lifestyle to match.

Times have changed for me, and as a late-blooming father of three I've become somewhat more conservative with a shorter (though not 'short') hairstyle. To balance it, I now sport a full beard and mustache. My three-year old Max likes to say daddy looks like "a big ole dog." I point out to him that this big ole dog does 3,000 crunches a day five days a week and works out with iron on three, but this fails to impress him.

i have not read all but i am happy to see my loved Icarius Flipshot as MOTUC
    ^_^

the Picture and the supreise is AWESOME!!!

Sorry guys i read your Post just now*

WOOOOOOWWWWW! SDCC !!! =o

I wonder of not enought aplaus by the Vehilce! i mean AWESOME!!!
    From all is this one sure teh Most wanted! O_o

Leech and Hordak coming soon ^^
    Icarius is COOLl! (but Sad is i have to wait of the next NA figure / we need 2 - 4 NA Figures in one Year )
    She-Ra 2.0 made able to bubble power She-Ra great!
    BattleGound Evil-Lyn great Job toooooo

WE WON!!! minimum 2 Figures with "two Heads" YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snout Spuot is i loved more like 200X Style but i am sure made a lot of Fans really happy!
    I really like the Paintjob of Swiftwind.

I hate Demo-Man in green (why i have thinked all time of him in blue)
    But the figure is sure wanted and like NewAdventures in the past i learn to love it soon!

The Sorcceress have mutch Aplaus and i think too great job.
    From the moment i have seen Emilianos painting in want her, i love both styles 200x and Vintage but last is "Die Zauberin" i know and love from my child days. But the Stuff in white is not so good like one in golden.

MOTUC made me poor

The star Sister really welcome and Guys realis this is the first 3er pack you wanted.
    I have thinked i don't need a Fisto why i have 2 200X version but this one with vintage or 200X look is GREAAAAAATTTT!!!

zu SHADOW WEAVER i DON't NEED SOME THING TO SAY (We have wait long enough)

PRETERNIA MAP mmmmmmmmmmm

Return of the Mini-comcs incredible!
    I wanted ask of the missed number 2 and 3 !
    I can't belive i can read them soon

what Toyguru told over Fearless Photog is funny!

Draego-Man is VERY VERY COOl

I hope Granamyr become red

@LUBECK
    GUYS TELL ME WHAT IS SO COOL ON LUBIC ??? (i realy don't understand why)

EDIT: i have seen the new Bios ^^

most i like is this real name: TC Icarius 'Flipshot' Kaz
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; July 24, 2011 at 05:31am.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Icarius looks excellent in MotUC! I'm so happy he'll already be coming this October!!!

Personally, I wish they would have gone with the longer brown hair and younger, flippant face of the cartoon of the action figure. I'll be posing mine with the helmet on, visor down because of that.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Personally, I wish they would have gone with the longer brown hair and younger, flippant face of the cartoon of the action figure. I'll be posing mine with the helmet on, visor down because of that.
    I don't mind because he is in the military so it makes sense his hair is shorter like his action figure.

I am just over the moon he is coming at all, I am completely willing to let the 4H do whatever they want in return for NA figures.

I know other fans don't think we should be grateful or have no say in what we get but seeing how NA is treated I am 100% grateful for anything

the Icarius head look more like Kayo Takarus as "Flipshot" ;D

But i think both heads great made!
    die new one is Icarius with more Military (lieutenant like) Haircut

The bes ist to use this head for Kayo and made a new for Icarius.

But it came a nice MOTUC Time to us.

I am Sad to the next SDCC is soooo long time to wait ((

Hello all !

A question:

Which NA characters were Jetleg exclusives (never produced by Mattel as action figures) ?
    Does Mattel have the rights to relead right now ?

Now if Mattel would just let me produce Season Two of NA with He-man, Skeletor, Flogg, Slushhead, Crita, Drissi and Mara returning to Eternia to see MAA has taken over ("for the good of Eternia") in a coup that displaced the ruling triumverate of the Sorceress, Teela and She-ra. It's all there, laid out, in my thread and on the Masterscast podcast and MOTU Chronicles interviews, hint-hint...

(Hey, I figured it was worth a try. )

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Now if Mattel would just let me produce Season Two of NA with He-man, Skeletor, Flogg, Slushhead, Crita, Drissi and Mara returning to Eternia to see MAA has taken over ("for the good of Eternia") in a coup that displaced the ruling triumverate of the Sorceress, Teela and She-ra. It's all there, laid out, in my thread and on the Masterscast podcast and MOTU Chronicles interviews, hint-hint...

Here, here! The thought of MAA leading a coup has intrigued many.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Than tell me how i can help you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Monteeg View Post
    Hello all !

A question:

Which NA characters were Jetleg exclusives (never produced by Mattel as action figures) ?
    Does Mattel have the rights to relead right now ?
    it looks like ;D