Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 135 Discussion - Documentary Special

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 135 Discussion - Documentary Special

Episode 135 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

The Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    Kickstarter ends This project will be funded on Saturday, Feb 27, 2016, 2:59 AM Eastern Time!
    A little over TWO DAYS left of this post.
    Click here to pledge today!

In this episode they joined by Randall Lobb and Rob McCallum as they discuss
    Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe,
    the story behind the documentary,
    Turtle Power, Nintendo Quest, and a Riddle of Steel,
    time to make a documentary,
    Kickstarter teaser trailer,
    cost of making a documentary,
    fitting everything into 90 minutes,
    déjà vu and nostalgia,
    outline for the documentary,
    biggest challenge,
    balancing the history,
    why certain things aren't covered in depth,
    driving force to make a MOTU documentary,
    filming and editing timeline,
    Kickstarter rewards and pledges,
    moral at the end,
    high-end fans with many collectibles,
    fan perspective,
    pledging to the documentary,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on February 3, 2016
    Runtime: 1 hour, 43 minutes, 52 seconds

Direct link for Episode 135

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! I've been waiting for a new episode! And it's time to convince me to chip in for that Kickstarter, too!!
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Snappy Threader
    Awesome episode as usual! Super glad to have these back!

I've just pledged for the special edition DVD. Does anybody know, as these are rewards for pledges will they be marked as a 'Gift' on the customs forms for international supporters so we don't get customs fee? Can the be suggested to the film makers if we don't know the answer?
    Many thanks
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I haven't listened yet...does that blu-ray pledge ($50+) include a digital copy, or just the blu-ray?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I've been really curious about this. Can't wait to listen

Heroic Warrior
    Wow these guys seriously blew me away. I could listen all day to them talk about films in general, but this was perhaps the most articulate and philosophical He-man exchange I have ever heard. They are going to do this documentary some serious justice.

fantastic show - thanks for setting this interview up

it's convinced me to back the kickstarter - i do think the prices for the blu-ray/dvds are a little high but i have faith that it will be worth all the monies

i have high hopes for the bonus/additional content
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

A very good interview. The project has almost cleared $66.000 now!!!! I really hope they make it to $67.500. That will mean they have made it to the halfway point of achieving "The Honour Of Grayskull" stretch goal: which would be expanding their focus on She-Ra in the main documentary.

I know they probably won't achieve the full expansion they were wanting for She-Ra due to the time remaining. However.....achieving almost half of that stretch goal should be able to get She-Ra at least half of the extended coverage they were planning in the main documentary?

Sent in one of their email updates # 8

"Also, by popular demand, we've come up with an $85k Goal:*For The Honor Of Grayskull.* **

So many fans have emailed us suggesting that we need to add a goal that involves the Princess of Power that we just had to respond. * These hardcore fans suggest - no, they*demand -* that we focus more of the documentary specifically on She-Ra, spending the kind of time and attention on her that we just couldn't do in a short, standalone module.*

Of course, we find this idea very interesting, and so we’re thinking that-

No. Maybe we'll just leave it to your imagination for now... (cue suspenseful music)"

Also said in their first answer to FAQ

The 85k Stretch Goal - If we don't hit that level, does that mean She-Ra won't be part of the documentary?

SHE-RA will definitely be part of this documentary and very likely the focus of a separate module too. The specific details of that stretch goal will remain shrouded for now, but let's just say that it's going to expand Princess of Power and She-Ra in... other ways.

Fingers crossed they get to $67.500 or more by the end of the campaign. I upped my pledge to the $99.00 level to get the two other films....it's a shame the Riddle of Steal wasn't ready as that really interested me also. I'm toying with upping my pledge again to be able to share a memory on camra.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 26, 2016 at 11:57am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Fun episode to listen to! I know I only have a few hours left, but I may have to contribute after hearing this!

Just pledged at the $49+ level. I'm so happy to support this project and absolutely can NOT wait to see the finished product!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I got the $49 one too. After hearing that this one will include shipping, it just made the most sense.

On a side note, this is the first Kickstarter I ever contributed to.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I got the $49 one too. After hearing that this one will include shipping, it just made the most sense.

All of this for me as well. First kickstarter and $49 level!

i went for the 99.00 level but am tempted for the 199.00 level
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

GUH! Looks like the Kickstarter is gonna fall short of the $75K needed to unlock the final She-Ra Stretch Goal. So close, too!
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

$3700.00 in a little under 3 hours? It's still doable. Don't throw in the towel yet!

Widget
    Yep! We'll mark as gift

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I've just pledged for the special edition DVD. Does anybody know, as these are rewards for pledges will they be marked as a 'Gift' on the customs forms for international supporters so we don't get customs fee? Can the be suggested to the film makers if we don't know the answer?
    Many thanks
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    $3700.00 in a little under 3 hours? It's still doable. Don't throw in the towel yet!
    Yep, very close. Someone could grab the $2500 and make it really close

- - - Updated - - -

We can do this!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i went for the 99.00 level but am tempted for the 199.00 level
    Do it and help the cause! Would love to feature you on screen in some capacity sharing all the love you have for MOTU!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your support! Appreciate us being your first!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for upping your support. We wish we couldve offered Riddle of Steel - but it's just not complete yet and part of another filmmaking arrangement. Still, Power of Grayskull is gonna rock - thanks to you and everyone else!

- - - Updated - - -

Discs are a tad high but that's because there wont be BLU RAYS later and because of all the awesome content we're including now thanks to Stretch Goals - trust me. On "Nintendo Quest" I ended up with 2 extra discs and 4hrs of extra content. Im not saying that will be the case here, but we hit the goals and now have the freedom to make more to share!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Wow these guys seriously blew me away. I could listen all day to them talk about films in general, but this was perhaps the most articulate and philosophical He-man exchange I have ever heard. They are going to do this documentary some serious justice.
    Thank you so much!!! Very kind of you!

I just backed it. C'mon She-Ra fans!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I could only do the $49 at this time, but am so pleased to contribute to a great project like this. This is clearly in the right hands! So close to the 75k stretch goal!
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

They have done it! Someone just did a big pledge!!! We are getting our She-Ra documentary!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

This is amazing! I increased my pledge to the Horde Force Captain level. So glad that $75000 goal was surpassed!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

wow - what a result for the campaign ... they absolutely smashed their target and made all their stretch goals ... over 75K raised, right? ...

the wait for this is going to be loooooong!!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

Me too, brother, never even considered a Kickstarter before this.

If I weren't in the process of opening a business, I'd have contributed FAR more.

Quote Originally Posted by grandhelmet View Post
    Yep! We'll mark as gift

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, very close. Someone could grab the $2500 and make it really close

- - - Updated - - -

We can do this!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Do it and help the cause! Would love to feature you on screen in some capacity sharing all the love you have for MOTU!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your support! Appreciate us being your first!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for upping your support. We wish we couldve offered Riddle of Steel - but it's just not complete yet and part of another filmmaking arrangement. Still, Power of Grayskull is gonna rock - thanks to you and everyone else!

- - - Updated - - -

Discs are a tad high but that's because there wont be BLU RAYS later and because of all the awesome content we're including now thanks to Stretch Goals - trust me. On "Nintendo Quest" I ended up with 2 extra discs and 4hrs of extra content. Im not saying that will be the case here, but we hit the goals and now have the freedom to make more to share!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much!!! Very kind of you!
    Hey, I'm assuming you're the guys working on the project...does the Blu-Ray come with a digital download, as well? Just curious, as this was a bit ambiguous.

Thanks again and CRUSH THIS THING!!!

This was my first Kickstarter pledge outside of the Skeleton Warriors toyline. The $49 blu-ray package was a no brainer.

Very impressive to see them hit all the tiers. The power of He-Man and She-Ra fans!