Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Mayer Tomarts Concept Witch for MOTUC!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Ted Mayer Tomarts Concept Witch for MOTUC!

I suppose it was inevitable that I would post this sooner or later.

Remember Tomarts #89 had a couple of Ted Mayer illustrations for a concept witch in the vintage MOTU (see my avatar)? Methinks one of the versions of her would be cool in MOTUC!

Yeah I know we have Evil-Lyn, but maybe this could be one of her old "coven" members!

Imagine a MOTU 'Legion of Horror' with the concept witch, the Horde mummy, Scare Glow and zombie Megator?! You know you want it.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I've never seen that picture before. Is it located on the .org?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I've always felt the Evil Horde were all rather Universal Monsters-ish... along with Scareglow, it'd be good to get this concept witch in there (along with the concept Horde Mummy character) just to help round out the overall Halloweeny vibe of the evil side of MOTUC...

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I would love another witch in the line! A green one would be awesome too. I know they would make her very interesting and an enjoyable addition.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i really like, the "legion of horror" idea!
    i'd add the so called "hordor" in that number: he's very creepy.

if you don't mind, here is fellow orger danbrenus' take on the green witch (he called her sultress):

Last edited by Charlie Brown; June 15, 2011 at 07:08pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So, Penny...is this your Blonde Bikini Teela? Your Green Goddess? Your Count Marzo? Your Mosquitor?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I thought that's who that was in your avatar, Penny. Haven't seen that concept art in awhile.

Sure, I'd love to have her among the monstrous ranks of MOTUC.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Sorry, I don't think there is room or fan desire for concept characters. They are all dumb.

(j/k)
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'd love her, Penny, and I agree about the monster lineup making her appropriate. I don't know about the dunce hat though. It seems a bit too cliche even for this line. I think if she had that, then she absolutely must come with a flowing cape.

Could her green skin have been the motivation for making Evil-Lyn yellow or did the sketch come after Lyn?

I definitely want this character, as long as they make her detailed and adapted to MOTUC.

Would she have to be evil??

I don't like her being part of the Horde. Shadow Weaver is already enough witch for the Horde... Unless this girl is like an assistant.

She could work as one of the Fighting Foe Men.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Charlie Brown's sketch, minus the cliche hat, would make me stand up and cheer!

Legion of Horror FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard
    I've never seen that picture before. Is it located on the .org?
    Here it is:
    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/pro...104&image=7187

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    if you don't mind, here is fellow orger danbrenus' take on the green witch (he called her sultress):
    That is SO COOL!! I like how he merged both versions of the design and kept the sci-fi "vroom broom." It's also great that he called her Sultress since that was one of the original conceptual names for Evil-Lyn in the vintage MOTU line.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So, Penny...is this your Blonde Bikini Teela? Your Green Goddess? Your Count Marzo? Your Mosquitor?
    Yep! Let the campaign for the green concept witch begin!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    Could her green skin have been the motivation for making Evil-Lyn yellow or did the sketch come after Lyn?
    It's unclear. Tomarts said she may have led to Evil-Lyn, but I've also heard it said she might have come afterward.

I still think that they only made Evil-Lyn yellow so parents wouldn't say, "You already have Teela!!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Noooooo!!

I love the hat!!!
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 15, 2011 at 07:11pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    not mine, bro!

that's by danbrenus.

ps
    ...ehm, i actually like the hat...
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; June 15, 2011 at 07:13pm.

Penny, you need to fiercely campaign for the Witch concept character. The next step is to make your rounds on Facebook, Mattycollector and FANtastic forums, making polls and asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I still think that they only made Evil-Lyn yellow so parents wouldn't say, "You already have Teela!!"

Noooooo!!

I love the hat!!!
    Maybe they could adjust it a little....

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Penny, you need to fiercely campaign for the Witch concept character. The next step is to make your rounds on Facebook, Mattycollector and FANtastic forums, making polls and asking questions.
    I am on my way to FB now!!! It must happen!

As for the hat, there are two versions of the concept. One has it and one doesn't. Of course, I love it, but they could make it removable to give us more options.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'll join. Gimme that link!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Keep bumping your thread with discussion and have the.org artists make artwork to host in your thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Sorry, PENNY, but no thanx. Lame!!!

I kid, I kid!!

That's actually a really cool design, and I think a character like that would fit in very well. So what if EVIL LYN already exists? On a world like Eternia, there's bound to be thousands of witches, warlocks, magicians, warriors, beasts, and everything in between!

I would buy her, easy. Would it be too much of a cliche for her to have a black cat? It could be a wicked, funky, scary looking Eternian cat.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 15, 2011 at 07:50pm.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    The hat would need to go (and making it removable wouldn't work - there'd be a ring in her hair for it to sit in, or it'd be comically oversized).

sign me up, love the look
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The hat would need to go (and making it removable wouldn't work - there'd be a ring in her hair for it to sit in, or it'd be comically oversized).
    Giving her a second head might be better than having a removable hat. She absolutely has to keep it though, it's essential to maintain her witchy look.

Sure it's clichéd, but it doesn't look any sillier than Madame Razz's pinwheel hat.

Movie mayhem!
    That would be so cool! Would you dress up as her if they did for a con? If so that would be even more cool!

I think it would be cool if she was a human member of the snakemen tainted and slightly transformed by their venom

Since shadow weaver had green skin, maybe this could be her before some spell went wrong, burning her horribly. Hence y she covers all her body in a red cloak