Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show some love for the Horde Sorcerors/Wraiths

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Show some love for the Horde Sorcerors/Wraiths

Since Mattel don't seem to be willing to go through all the hassle to get the rights to produce Shadow Weaver for the MOTUC line even though they would make so much money, since most of us would pay through the nose for her (hint, hint, matty )...

I was thinking, should the fans make some noise on the forum here about getting a figure of one of those Horde Sorcerors from the 200X cartoon where Hordak had his wizards attack Grayskull?

A figure of one of those guys could fill the role of Horde magic user in the same way Shadow Weaver would.

I'd buy one!

Who's with me?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

It's already been said they won't do that.

So unless they get the filmation rights, it won't happen.

Yeah I would buy it in a heart beat, and army build

I think it is because they are so close to the design of Shadow Weaver that Mattel doesn't want to make one just yet incase it jeopardises the chance to get the Filmation rights

I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yeah I would buy it in a heart beat, and army build

I think it is because they are so close to the design of Shadow Weaver that Mattel doesn't want to make one just yet incase it jeopardises the chance to get the Filmation rights

I could be wrong
    i like it a lot, buy 3 of them and more trooper!

Yes!!!!!
    I would buy lots of those. They were great!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    It's already been said they won't do that.
    So unless they get the filmation rights, it won't happen.
    Read the post again. It are the sorcerers from the MYP cartoon.
    Mattel can make those. This has nothing to do with Filmation...

If it's MOTUC, I will buy it.

Simple as that.
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    If it's MOTUC, I will buy it.

Simple as that.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Read the post again. It are the sorcerers from the MYP cartoon.
    Mattel can make those. This has nothing to do with Filmation...
    And again, read what I said.

I will also let you read this, where is it said in WTFWTK 2.6

5. At the very least, can Mattel make 1987 movie-design inspired figures of characters they own? (eg: Skeletor, Sorceress, etc)
    While some fans have asked if we could just deco an existing figure to look like the movie version, this is just something we are not interested in doing. It is like poking a sleeping bear. Why cause trouble when we have so many great characters we CAN do?(the same goes for Shadow Weaver BTW, we know fans ask if we can do a “Horde Female Wizard” which we’d love to, but again, just not worth the legal problems it could incur). Hopefully with so many characters from the 1980s toy lines and the 2002 series the line will have enough legs to go for many years and please countless fans.

I always thought the Shadow Wraiths were male

And again, read what I said.

I will also let you read this, where is it said in WTFWTK 2.6
    I stand corrected.
    wow, that is a dumb answer from mattel. A hooded wizard looks to much like shadow weaver

then they should also be afraid to do any never produced character that was in or looks the same in Filmation and MYP...
    Count Marzo would have the same issue. Did we ever have a Marlena figure?
    You might get legal problems...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Hordak needs his wizards.

That sucks...we're talking about male wizards from MYP as an army builder, not trying to get a Shadow Weaver out of it. Maybe we should try to clarify with Toyguru? Because this is about the male wizards, not trying to fudge a Shadow Weaver.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I stand corrected.
    wow, that is a dumb answer from mattel. A hooded wizard looks to much like shadow weaver

then they should also be afraid to do any never produced character that was in or looks the same in Filmation and MYP...
    Count Marzo would have the same issue. Did we ever have a Marlena figure?
    You might get legal problems...
    Oh, I agree it's totally stupid.

What's even more stupid is the fact that they don't have the rights any more to certain figures. That's the worst part of this whole thing.

But yea, they should be able to skirt around the issues and not have anything to worry about. But they won't.

I think they just can't make Marzo look like he did in Filmation. Same for Marlena. They can be made the way they looked in the MYP toon I believe.

I'd actually want the Horde Wraiths more than Shadow Weaver! I totally love their design!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I would definitely buy the Horde wraith!

I think it's kinda lame that they are not willing to make them (yet), even though they were in the MYP toon, male, and do not share Shadow Weaver's design.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I got mad love for these Wraiths, and I have made a similar post about these. Perfect 2 pack fodder as well...

Oh, I agree it's totally stupid.

What's even more stupid is the fact that they don't have the rights any more to certain figures. That's the worst part of this whole thing.

But yea, they should be able to skirt around the issues and not have anything to worry about. But they won't.

I think they just can't make Marzo look like he did in Filmation. Same for Marlena. They can be made the way they looked in the MYP toon I believe.
    I might be wrong but I think that Matty meant that they can't do a 'FEMALE' Wizard they stressed the word female. I think the Horde Wraiths\wizards are still fair game, they just need to be male.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's be clear on this one :

1) Horde Wraiths are MALE (or then maybe hermaphrodites... who knows what they're hiding under these robes ? )

2) They were part of the MYP cartoon, SO that means Mattel can actually make them !

And would I buy a Horde Wraith ? SURE ! In a MOTUC army builder 2 pack !

It would be real dumb from Mattel not to produce them, in my humble opinion. But to be totally honest, I'd like to see other figures released first (the rest of the 80's evil warriors, the snakemen and the members of the Horde) before they're released...

Now, I do believe that the turning point in this line would be if Mattel would buy the Filmation rights. Come on ! Who wouldn't buy a Dragoon, Batros, Scorpia, Imp or the long awaited Shadow Weaver ?

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I would like them but if they hurt the chances of getting rights to Filmation characters i can wait.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

I think the only way we will get a Horde Wraith is if they get the rights to do a Shadow Weaver first.

I couldn't care less about Horde Wraiths. I'd buy them, but for me I just want SHADOW WEAVER. Mattel needs to dig up some money so we can have figures for Shadow Weaver and Scorpia. We've waited over 20 years. Charge more for them, hold a bake sale, do whatever you need to do Mattel. Make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I might be wrong but I think that Matty meant that they can't do a 'FEMALE' Wizard they stressed the word female. I think the Horde Wraiths\wizards are still fair game, they just need to be male.
    I have to agree with this. Read all of the relevant posts carefully, and it seems so.

In any event, I would love to buy at least two of these bad boys!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    In a heartbeat!! I don't get why the wouldn't. Totally different than Shadow Weaver and would fill the void. They're his "Preists" or whatever. Since they can't do a Shadow Weaver they could totally go around it.

I think they can and should make the MALE Wizards...

After all TG said that ANY character from the MYP was fair game...And last time I checked they were in the MYP toon....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I think they can and should make the MALE Wizards...

After all TG said that ANY character from the MYP was fair game...And last time I checked they were in the MYP toon....
    Yes, they can make them with no problems. People aren't really reading what was said. They are not willing to make a "Horde Female Wizard", and imply that it is Shadow Weaver in any way. TG said the same thing in more detail at NYCC.
    They have the rights to every character that appeared in MYP, and they can make them in the colors/gender they appeared. That is why he even mentioned not making characters in decos they don't have rights to also.

That said, I would love to have three of them like the cartoon always featured. I love the design.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    There is more than just Filmation to worry about though. In Mortal Kombat you had very and i mean very similar priests that were called Shadow Priests. That may be another reason we won't see them sooner.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.