Thread: MotUC Point Dread & Talon Fighter $47.99 Shipped from Mattel's ebay store!

MotUC Point Dread & Talon Fighter $47.99 Shipped from Mattel's ebay store!

Wow that's a crazy price!!

At that price I couldn't resist. I already sold off my Wind Raider because it took up too much space. But I really was never a huge fan of the Wind Raider anyway. I vividly remember wanting the Talon Fighter when I was a kid, probably because it was featured in a lot of the early story books. Since I have no intentions of getting Castle Grayskull, Point Dread will be a nice stand in. I just really hope that the Teela has really tight ankle joints since I'd like to swap those non-exposed ankle peg boots onto the Ultimates Teela.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I picked up an extra the other day when I saw that deal. Their eBay shop has been putting some really great discounts together. Last week, I couldn't resist the $15.99 with free shipping Giant Man-At-Arms. I doubt Mattel is making any money off deals like that after you factor in what eBay takes and the cost to ship. Crazy. But I will happily take it. Hoping the other Giants get that low so I have a second set.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I picked up an extra the other day when I saw that deal. Their eBay shop has been putting some really great discounts together. Last week, I couldn't resist the $15.99 with free shipping Giant Man-At-Arms. I doubt Mattel is making any money off deals like that after you factor in what eBay takes and the cost to ship. Crazy. But I will happily take it. Hoping the other Giants get that low so I have a second set.
    Where are they getting this inventory? Like the rotar and twistoid and single card horde trooper. Are they still manufacturing or is their inventory management so bad they randomly find boxes of product in warehouses they didn't know existed??

I know, I saw a link in the toy ark forums and couldnt believe it. I snapped one right up. Now only if I can find a deal on Castle Grayskull

Great price on that set. I got one from Walmart at $49.99, totally worth it. Now hoping to find a good deal on Roton at some point.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Where are they getting this inventory? Like the rotar and twistoid and single card horde trooper. Are they still manufacturing or is their inventory management so bad they randomly find boxes of product in warehouses they didn't know existed??
    Well, the Talon Fighter and the Giants never sold out, so they've always had a stock.

I think the single card Horde Trooper was a delayed production.

Rotar and Twistoid might be leftover stock. Digital River didn't know their left hand from their right, so they could have miscalculated the stock.

I got my Talon Fighter today and I'm pretty pleased with it. There are no QC issues whatsoever. This thing is mammoth. But it won't be too hard to display because as long as I have height clearance, Point Dread doesn't take up to much space.

The Teela has the standard wonky face but she at least doesn't have derpy eyes. Most importantly, her ankles are nice and tight. I might slap her boots onto Ultimate Teela.

I have a couple minor paint chips on the canopy but it should be easy to touch up. But I'm not pleased with the canopy being clear plastic with paint. Those hinges are asking to break. It should have been blue with clear inserts, come on, this was a $125 retail piece.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Those hinges are asking to break.
    I was worried about the hinges too so I decided to file them down a tiny bit.

Heck for that price (or the $39.99 I saw as well) I'd get another if I had the spare scratch. What with bills I'm having a hard time keeping up with the new releases.

But again, at that price, and if it lasts, I'll get one just to add the computer piece inside Castle Grayskull and the top of Point Dread to the Castle. Have both the stand alone point dread and the Castle Additions? Too nice.

I received my Point Dread set yesterday along with a couple of figures I picked up for my son on sale. Mattel just tossed the three items in a bigger box with zero padding and the corner of the Point Dread box is smashed. I was going to leave the set in the box, but not sure what to do now. I already have a set open from when it was first released. Is it worth calling Mattel and swapping for a box in better condition or is that just a gamble? How was it packaged for those who only ordered Point Dread and no additional items?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    I received my Point Dread set yesterday along with a couple of figures I picked up for my son on sale. Mattel just tossed the three items in a bigger box with zero padding and the corner of the Point Dread box is smashed. I was going to leave the set in the box, but not sure what to do now. I already have a set open from when it was first released. Is it worth calling Mattel and swapping for a box in better condition or is that just a gamble? How was it packaged for those who only ordered Point Dread and no additional items?
    I've received two Point Dreads-- one ordered along with Multi-Bot, another as a replacement since the first one was missing several parts-- and both had lots of air pockets packed in for protection. If having the box in good shape matters to you, I'd say it's worth contacting them. I imagine the experience varies from person to person, but my customer service experience with them (via email) was excellent. (A total 180 from the Digital River days!)

Yeah, I grabbed a second one, for my second Castle!
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I broke down and bought another one.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Can someone tell me how much the shipment weighs?
    I need it to calculate the cost of shipping to my country.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Can someone tell me how much the shipment weighs?
    I need it to calculate the cost of shipping to my country.
    Thanks.
    Fedex listed it as 12.1 pounds, counting the outer carton and packing materials. Figure the toy itself is 11 pounds.

Couldn't resist the deal. Point Dread delivered today from an ebay order in a large box with no wrapping but plenty of air bags. Box is in great shape. I've never had a Mattel or Super 7 delivery fail me. Bless the Goddess!

Best thing is, people iwll pay $20 or more on eBay for just Teela which brings the cost down quite a bit if you don't want her.

what a stealy deal
    luckily I'm ok with just 1 of this. I'd buy insetad a Roton for this price, make it happen matty... mattel vault or whatever lol
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

If anyone needs a scan of the radar stickers, this was done at 600 DPI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib96eu5av2...dread.jpg?dl=0