Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel has Fixed the Granny Panties Issue By Turning Them Into Skirts

Mattel has Fixed the Granny Panties Issue By Turning Them Into Skirts

...By replacing them with skirts.

Seriously, folks. What Octavia, Shokoti, Castaspella, and Glimmer have is NOT "Granny Panties." The Granny Panties issue was when they tried to make leotards for the females (example: Adora), but failed miserably, and the rubber used for said leotards puffed out and ballooned until it looked like they were wearing padded, goofy granny panties. Mttel got the leotard look right on Captain Glenn, but ultimately opted on turning female leotards into skirts.

Shokoti has a short skirt on.

Glimmer is also wearing a short skirt, though she has tights beneath it.

Now, I understand. You guys want leotards. That's fine. More accurate to the cartoon, even. But the current problem is a skirt/leotard problem, not a "Granny Panties" problem. The granny panties issue is long over. Calling the current problem "granny panties" would be like complaining about Two Bad's unpainted shield by calling it a "Black plastic" problem. Mattel stopped using black plastic, but the problem is that they are axing paint apps on individual figures.

Does that make sense, everybody? Please use the correct terminology. Otherwise, velociraptors will eat you in your sleep.

Hey bro, don't get your granny panties in a bunch about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post

Seriously, folks. What Octavia, Shokoti, Castaspella, and Glimmer have is NOT "Granny Panties." The Granny Panties issue was when they tried to make leotards for the females (example: Adora), but failed miserably, and the rubber used for said leotards puffed out and ballooned until it looked like they were wearing padded, goofy granny panties. Mttel got the leotard look right on Captain Glenn, but ultimately opted on turning female leotards into skirts.

Now, I understand. You guys want leotards. That's fine. More accurate to the cartoon, even. But the current problem is a skirt/leotard problem, not a "Granny Panties" problem. The granny panties issue is long over. Calling the current problem "granny panties" would be like complaining about Two Bad's unpainted shield by calling it a "Black plastic" problem. Mattel stopped using black plastic, but the problem is that they are axing paint apps on individual figures.

Does that make sense, everybody? Please use the correct terminology. Otherwise, velociraptors will eat you in your sleep.
    Every thread about every MotUC-reveal, ever...

The Sword of Spector - forged in the scorching flames of nerdrage and tempered by the woeful tears of the butthurt

Quote Originally Posted by Hy-Man View Post
    Hey bro, don't get your granny panties in a bunch about it...
    I agree, let`s just put on our big girl panties and stop crying over the issue

Some of us go without panties all together ...
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

OMG thank you!
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

I thought they were Depends???? Man was I wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Some of us go without panties all together ...
    Commando....Nice....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Actually they have codpieces... The Granny Panties thing is just the wrong moniker to what they really have. Some of the Madam Razz pics look like she should be called Mister Razz.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Ok Granny panties after Adoras problem is wrong word, I agree...but they dont have fixed the problem.
    Glimmers, Octavias, Scorpias very long hanging down things are just terrible. Only a little shorter would help, nothing more.

Scorpio looked more like what people want than what we were getting before.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

i'm not that familiar with women's clothing but, really, what the heck kind of skirts are these supposedly? a skirt that rides really high on the outer thighs and then dips low in the crotch? it's a loin cloth, not a skirt. maybe it's not the furry underwear the guys have but it's NOT a skirt.

of course, we all know what this outfit choice actually is: laziness and careless on the part of Mattel.

So your solution was to bring this topic up, when it had finally calmed a bit, yet again, in yet another thread, because what you had to say was that important?

Look, regardless of the terminology used - the issue is closed, according to Mattel. Dead and buried. It is so dead and buried they issued a rather long release about it. Regardless of what term someone uses to refer to the current crotch pieces - granny panties or skirts - it doesn't change that people have been quite clear what they do want - the leotards as designed on the figures by the 4H. Mattel refuses to do that, so there you have it.

No need to start another thread about it to "put people in their place" on the topic - plenty of existing threads you could have said that in, and it's not like you are the first to say this, either.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This thread is pointless.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I've pretty much accepted that Mattel will never "fix" this issue. Whether it be physically possible, or just a design choice by a conservative design team member who thinks women shouldn't wear leotards, the issue is a non-issue. These choices don't really affect my enjoyment of the figures, they just screw with my Filmation images of the female characters.

I have to remember this is Masters of the Universe Classics and not necessarily Filmation Classics.

Looking at my Glimmer... her skirt/panties/leotard or whatever you want to call it... looks fine. I see nothing wrong here.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Hasn't this topic been discussed to death!!!

What's your next thread? "Original He-Man, King Hssss, and Roboto have reversed Shoulders"

It hasn't been discussed to death, since it keeps showing up in every topic concerning a female figure every day.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Hasn't this topic been discussed to death!!!
    If you have a problem with the discussion there is a VERY simple solution for you: Don't READ IT!

This topic will stay valid until Matty fixes this problem. Really it's a simple solution for them. All they have to do is consult the Horsemen on how to pull off the correct leotard. The Horsemen sculpt these with function in mind. The problem, I suspect, is Ruben simply doesn't know how to translate the leotard piece properly and as we've seen, his ego is far too massive to ask for help.

Hahaha... okay, that was an awesome response
    Your pics are great,I only looked at two pages so far,but they blew me away! What camera do yo use?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

In my opinion they could do more to make them look like skirts rather than just panties that are several sizes too big and dangling between the legs.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I've pretty much accepted that Mattel will never "fix" this issue. Whether it be physically possible, or just a design choice by a conservative design team member who thinks women shouldn't wear leotards, the issue is a non-issue. These choices don't really affect my enjoyment of the figures, they just screw with my Filmation images of the female characters.

I have to remember this is Masters of the Universe Classics and not necessarily Filmation Classics.
    As I've said many times, the skirt option is to cover up the fact that the crotch piece beneath is too long, as was easily seen on Tallstar. Rather than make a new mold to correct that error, we get the longer skirts. It's the only explanation that makes sense; Mattel's is contradicted by actual figures with the thing they claim cannot be done.

As for the terminology, the so-called skirts are simply longer versions of Adora's, so the are the same basic thing: a slab of featureless plastic that resembles neither skirt, panties or trunks, whatever term you use for it. The name you give it doesn't change the thing itself; you can call the place Herbert's Ecological Site, but everyone knows it's still just Herbie's Dump.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Oh good, this again. Fantastic.

They are not skirts. Plain and simple. Look at Castaspella. Look at She-ra. Look at Catra. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Notice how they are made? Furthermore, do you notice the sculpted details, such as folds and creases? These are characters that were sculpted and designed to be wearing a skirt. Sculpted and designed.

Look at the prototypes for Octavia, Shokoti, Glimmer, etc. They were sculpted and designed to be wearing leotards. However when they go from the proototype stage to production changes are made for whatever reason, and we end up with strange "flaps", as opposed to what they were designed to resemble, which is a leotard. Pictures speak for themselves here.

You don't want to call them "granny panties", fine. Call it poor design. But they aren't skirts and I do not believe that they were intended to be skirts by the 4H. And I don't think that Mattel design decided to change it to a skirt, they just made poor choices that resulted in a less than perfect design.

I get that some people don't give a crap about this issue. But seriously I suspect that the majority of you wouldn't give a crap about Glimmer if she had a leotard, flap, skirt, dress, or blue jeans.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

A Sony Cybershot. its a cheap camera, but good for toy photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Oh good, this again. Fantastic.

They are not skirts. Plain and simple. Look at Castaspella. Look at She-ra. Look at Catra. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Notice how they are made? Furthermore, do you notice the sculpted details, such as folds and creases? These are characters that were sculpted and designed to be wearing a skirt. Sculpted and designed.

Look at the prototypes for Octavia, Shokoti, Glimmer, etc. They were sculpted and designed to be wearing leotards. However when they go from the proototype stage to production changes are made for whatever reason, and we end up with strange "flaps", as opposed to what they were designed to resemble, which is a leotard. Pictures speak for themselves here.

You don't want to call them "granny panties", fine. Call it poor design. But they aren't skirts and I do not believe that they were intended to be skirts by the 4H. And I don't think that Mattel design decided to change it to a skirt, they just made poor choices that resulted in a less than perfect design.

I get that some people don't give a crap about this issue. But seriously I suspect that the majority of you wouldn't give a crap about Glimmer if she had a leotard, flap, skirt, dress, or blue jeans.
    I consider them long shirts with a belt over them.... I mean, unless you think of Adora wearing pantyhose or nude colored tights under hers, she is the only one a bit naughty....just wearing a night shirt to do her thing. The rest have leggings clearly, unless say Glimmer is part Smurf or Gar, and she has blue legs.

But whatever, I don't think of them as skirts, just long shirts or long tunics if you will, like Link wears.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Well you can if you want to of course. And if that is what it appeared that they were being designed as that is one thing, but the figures (Adora, Glimmer, etc) sure look to be based off of the Filmation material, and in those thwy were wearing leotards. Like Power Girl.

Besides, these look really different. if it was like Link, and a shirt/tunic, it would have more of a triangular shape.

Link_Real.jpg

This looks a lot different to me

1900380_10152213609110900_1752659655_o.jpg (picture stolen from Fireball13z)

I mean my shirts don't tend to look like that untucked
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!