Thread: Did Emiliano know it all along??

Hybrid View

Did Emiliano know it all along??

Looking at the new Sorceress, I think it is pretty save to say that our italian friend is somehow involved in the process. Just take a look at his MOTUC-Visions and compare them to the announced and already released figures, there is way to much likeness to what we have been given in the end.

Edit:
    Also check Emiliano's album here at the .org for updates: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216

Thinking about this, raise youre hands, if you are also excited about these guys??:

Last edited by Barnster; May 25, 2012 at 02:13am. Reason: Updated
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

He is just a great artist who is extremely familiar with the characters and toy design. with that kind of skill and knowledge they pretty much have to fall into line, if they are done right.

Some things are just inevitable if you follow certain lines of logic.

Hey he made Ram Man look good.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Yeah, that Ram Man and the Horde Trooper are magnificent
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    He is just a great artist who is extremely familiar with the characters and toy design. with that kind of skill and knowledge they pretty much have to fall into line, if they are done right.

Some things are just inevitable if you follow certain lines of logic.
    Very much agreed.

its more likely mattel are just stealing his designs

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    its more likely mattel are just stealing his designs
    If they are smart, that's exactly what they'd do. He's too danged good not to rip off.

And THAT is the Ram Man I want, right down to the last detail. Please steal that one, too, Mattel.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I wish they had followed his ideas more and given the Sorceress that open spell-casting hand!

Plus I'd have preferred those boots and arm bands on Bow rather than the NA ones he has now. But Hallelujah, they saw the light and fixed She-Ra!

I don't necessarily think he was involved... Emiliano's got a good eye and anyone with talent can predict how the Horsemen will tackle articulation points and design choices based on what they have given us in the line so far.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I don't necessarily think he was involved... Emiliano's got a good eye and anyone with talent can predict how the Horsemen will tackle articulation points and design choices based on what they have given us in the line so far.
    Well said. I mean, the wing design is simple and works perfectly. It's not the first time it's been done, and it's certainly not something that no one but ONE guy could come up with. Emiliano knows what he is doing, and so do the 4H. When you've got folks that are great with articulation, I'm sure it's no surprise that they'll tend to think alike.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Looking at the new Sorceress, I think it is pretty safe to say that our italian friend is somehow involved in the process. Just take a look at his MOTUC-Visions and compare them to the announced and already released figures, there is way to much likeness to what we have been given in the end.
    I wouldn't go that far. I think it is probable that the creator of those sketches and the 4H merely arrived at the same conclusions. After all, how many ways are there to create a classics Sorceress figure?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I think it is probable that the creator of those sketches and the 4H merely arrived at the same conclusions. After all, how many ways are there to create a classics Sorceress figure?
    That was pretty much my first opinion too. With reusable parts, and identical source materials... it was inevitable for there to be massive similiarities. Doesn't mean much. it was simply the best possible way to recreate designs that had already been out there. (though the blue on the cape is suspicious )

Reminds me of the people who refer to the 2nd merman head as 200x... It's NOT 200x... it's 'original cardback'. the fact that when they made 200x they went back to the same original cardback is where there is much confusion. 2 things drawn from the original source are going to look the same

And....

I....

LOVE IT!!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That was pretty much my first opinion too. With reusable parts, and identical source materials... it was inevitable for there to be massive similiarities. Doesn't mean much.
    It means the old adage, "great minds think alike," has a lot more credence than many might give it credit for.

Seriously, I think what we're seeing is that both the Fab Four and Emiliano have a really firm grasp of their craft and the intricacies of toy design.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman