Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Emiliano know it all along??

Did Emiliano know it all along??

Looking at the new Sorceress, I think it is pretty save to say that our italian friend is somehow involved in the process. Just take a look at his MOTUC-Visions and compare them to the announced and already released figures, there is way to much likeness to what we have been given in the end.

Edit:
    Also check Emiliano's album here at the .org for updates: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216

Thinking about this, raise youre hands, if you are also excited about these guys??:

Last edited by Barnster; May 25, 2012 at 02:13am. Reason: Updated
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

He is just a great artist who is extremely familiar with the characters and toy design. with that kind of skill and knowledge they pretty much have to fall into line, if they are done right.

Some things are just inevitable if you follow certain lines of logic.

Hey he made Ram Man look good.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Yeah, that Ram Man and the Horde Trooper are magnificent
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    He is just a great artist who is extremely familiar with the characters and toy design. with that kind of skill and knowledge they pretty much have to fall into line, if they are done right.

Some things are just inevitable if you follow certain lines of logic.
    Very much agreed.

its more likely mattel are just stealing his designs

I wish they had followed his ideas more and given the Sorceress that open spell-casting hand!

Plus I'd have preferred those boots and arm bands on Bow rather than the NA ones he has now. But Hallelujah, they saw the light and fixed She-Ra!

I don't necessarily think he was involved... Emiliano's got a good eye and anyone with talent can predict how the Horsemen will tackle articulation points and design choices based on what they have given us in the line so far.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I don't necessarily think he was involved... Emiliano's got a good eye and anyone with talent can predict how the Horsemen will tackle articulation points and design choices based on what they have given us in the line so far.
    Well said. I mean, the wing design is simple and works perfectly. It's not the first time it's been done, and it's certainly not something that no one but ONE guy could come up with. Emiliano knows what he is doing, and so do the 4H. When you've got folks that are great with articulation, I'm sure it's no surprise that they'll tend to think alike.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well said. I mean, the wing design is simple and works perfectly. It's not the first time it's been done, and it's certainly not something that no one but ONE guy could come up with. Emiliano knows what he is doing, and so do the 4H. When you've got folks that are great with articulation, I'm sure it's no surprise that they'll tend to think alike.
    Isn't a secret that Emi and 4H are good friends. They don't work together, unfortunatelly but Emi feels so happy when him MotuC visions helps the line and all those arts proves that him do it just for the passion he has for Masters of the Universe. I'm among those want him involved in the line because I know that guy and I know that he could do very wonderful things, without Scott's protagonism, on the contrary, as the manager of MotUC project Scott could have much more success!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hey, what can I say? Emiliano is damn good...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It looks suspicious to me!

All the designs are awesome, but--much to my own surprise--I think my favorite is the minor character General Tataran(sp?).

He's a tank there! Nice!

I love the rest especially the Sorceress, but the look on her face is a little too harsh for me.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Emiliano knows the secrets of Castle Grayskull.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hey, what can I say? Emiliano is damn good...
    yeah he is, I wish one of the announcements from Matty is that emiliano was brought on to help them with art and other things
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It's amazing how similar those are!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

It should be Emiliano doing these w/ the 4H....Excuse me the 5H!!!

Heroic Warrior
    People do know that Scott regularly lurks topics as well as the 4H right? Hmmmm I spell a C O N .. spiracy! Seriously though, I just think it's a coincidence because Emil is so bloody talented! *looks around nervously for Matty ninja snipers*

His Shadow Weaver is better.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Looking at the new Sorceress, I think it is pretty safe to say that our italian friend is somehow involved in the process. Just take a look at his MOTUC-Visions and compare them to the announced and already released figures, there is way to much likeness to what we have been given in the end.
    I wouldn't go that far. I think it is probable that the creator of those sketches and the 4H merely arrived at the same conclusions. After all, how many ways are there to create a classics Sorceress figure?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    People do know that Scott regularly lurks topics as well as the 4H right? Hmmmm I spell a C O N .. spiracy! Seriously though, I just think it's a coincidence because Emil is so bloody talented! *looks around nervously for Matty ninja snipers*
    Naaah, I can assure he don't care about this... he is very happy to see that someone hear him suggestions and will continue to do him MotUC visions
    I know that he did another PoP lady but not had finished her colors... just wait to see
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Regarding articulation, i agree that great minds think alike, specially when they share some good experience in character and toy design.

However, i do find very weird that the details on She-Ra's bracelets and boots are EXACTLY the same on Emiliano's art and on the new figure.

There's a comparison pic posted in another thread. If you've seen it you'll notice that they are not merely similar, but IDENTICAL.

Weird...

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    There's a comparison pic posted in another thread. If you've seen it you'll notice that they are not merely similar, but IDENTICAL.

Weird...
    Well I would like to have the opinion of Emiliano on this one.
    For sure Emiliano's work inspired the 4H. But as it is known, Emiliano loves to work with the 4H. Even if today he doesn't have the right to work with them, he can still post his work online an let them see it.
    That is maybe what happened.
    It's just as if Emiliano was working with them... even if it's right he has no credit for that... and that's the sad side of the story but at the end, he contributes to the line in his manner.
    I'm happy Emiliano's touch/ideas are implemented in the MOTUC line because he's got really fantastic ideas.
    I hope he is more happy to see that than he is frustrated.

I Hope he will be able to work officially for the line one day.
    Last edited by Khror; July 23, 2011 at 07:31pm.

To answer the question in the title of the thread: no, I didn't know all along
    Most of those designs were done way before the 4H even started thinking about the figures and some (like Sorceress) had been originally drawn even before the line started.
    The 4H cares a lot about what fans want and expect from the line and the figures, and they listen to the many suggestions we all makes, always trying to get the best of out them. And since we both have lot of respect for each other, and we used to talk a lot about these figures before Mattel restrictions applied, I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.
    And I'm totally happy and cool with it, if that was the case, I just feel honored

I am happy all around that the figures look so great using Emiliano's work or not, great job all around. I just wish they took his Shadow Weaver advice and used it for Queen Marlena, I still wish she could sit on the throne next to Randor.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    To answer the question in the title of the thread: no, I didn't know all along
    Most of those designs were done way before the 4H even started thinking about the figures and some (like Sorceress) had been originally drawn even before the line started.
    The 4H cares a lot about what fans want and expect from the line and the figures, and they listen to the many suggestions we all makes, always trying to get the best of out them. And since we both have lot of respect for each other, and we used to talk a lot about these figures before Mattel restrictions applied, I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.
    And I'm totally happy and cool with it, if that was the case, I just feel honored
    I'm sad to hear this answer. I was hoping that the Sorceress figure was proof that things had improved between you and Mattel in regards to them letting you talk to the Horsemen about designs.

I really wanted to come talk to you about that at the .Org get-together Friday night but didn't know how to not sound like a fan-boy

Well, here is hoping that things did change and you just can't talk about it openly here. Love your work, love the Horsemens work and can't imagine that you talking to them would do anything other than make both of you stuff even more awesome!!