Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Emiliano know it all along??

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    You're damn good, Emiliano. Keep the designs coming. I'm glad the 4H listen to fans. They should, they're fans themselves. He-Man fans are knowledgeable about everything toys - not just He-Man.

Keep up the good work Emiliano. You do an AWESOME job.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.
    And I'm totally happy and cool with it, if that was the case, I just feel honored
    First of all, thanks for the answer.

To say SOME inspiration is an understatement. I think your drawings had ALOT influence on the 4H's designs. Look at the way Sorceress's wings are attached, She-Ra 2.0's boots and bracelets or Flipshot's visor.

Just keep these MOTUC Visions coming, this cooperation (intentional or not) will guarantee awesome figures.
    Last edited by Barnster; July 26, 2011 at 06:32am.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    I totally agree! The Sorceress and She-Ra are VERY close, I posted these pics a couple days ago in another thread:

To answer the question in the title of the thread: no, I didn't know all along
    Most of those designs were done way before the 4H even started thinking about the figures and some (like Sorceress) had been originally drawn even before the line started.
    The 4H cares a lot about what fans want and expect from the line and the figures, and they listen to the many suggestions we all makes, always trying to get the best of out them. And since we both have lot of respect for each other, and we used to talk a lot about these figures before Mattel restrictions applied, I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.
    And I'm totally happy and cool with it, if that was the case, I just feel honored
    Thanks for your statement, Emiliano! I'm just happy that Mattel obviously assumed your ideas to create the MotUC characters accordingly. That's not only cool but also shows what a great job you've done!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    its more likely mattel are just stealing his designs
    If they are smart, that's exactly what they'd do. He's too danged good not to rip off.

And THAT is the Ram Man I want, right down to the last detail. Please steal that one, too, Mattel.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Emiliano knows the secrets of Castle Grayskull.
    i agree..

RAM-MAN = AWESOME!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    To answer the question in the title of the thread: no, I didn't know all along
    Most of those designs were done way before the 4H even started thinking about the figures and some (like Sorceress) had been originally drawn even before the line started.
    The 4H cares a lot about what fans want and expect from the line and the figures, and they listen to the many suggestions we all makes, always trying to get the best of out them. And since we both have lot of respect for each other, and we used to talk a lot about these figures before Mattel restrictions applied, I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.
    So...more MOTUC Visions?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Trooper 84 View Post
    I totally agree! The Sorceress and She-Ra are VERY close, I posted these pics a couple days ago in another thread:
    She-Ra's boots and gauntlets are based on the vintage figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Tallstar is indeed correct. As a sidenote, although it's pretty clear that many elements of Emil' designs have been..."borrowed" by Mattel. People also have to realize that by putting unsolicited work on the Internet that covers a property already owned (by Mattel in this case), they are not obligated legally to give credit to ANYONE as it becomes public domain. Now if we're talking original characters AND you have the copyright for said characters THEN you can do something.

I personally respect Emil' humbleness in that he's just happy that his work somehow gets to influence the finished MOTUC character it was used to create/influence. Remember that Emil has a job with Hasbro so it's not like he's hurting here folks creatively; he just is so passionate he's willing to allow his work to be shared with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So...more MOTUC Visions?
    Yes please!!!!!

I'm not surprised to see that maybe find some inspiration from my drawings too.

Well there's a world of difference between "finding inspiration" in your work... and making a figure whose details are exactly the same as those you designed. I don't know if Mattel and/or the Four Horsemen are calling She-Ra's new design their own while not giving you credit, Emiliano... if they are, it's just wrong.

I'm not accusing anyone (Mattel, in any case) of plagiarism. I just think that the similarities are way too many and specific to be mere signs of "inspiration" and "shared thought"... all i'm saying is this is weird.

I think that credit must be given where credit is due, and that it would be wrong to have customers and fans believe that the designs, or even partial details of them, are the original work of someone who did not really create them.

I don't know the 4H but something tells me that they are honest, ethical guys. Same as you, Emiliano... Hence my bewilderment at the knowledge that you did not work together on this new She-Ra release...

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    I don't know the 4H but something tells me that they are honest, ethical guys. Same as you, Emiliano...
    The 4H are indeed totally honest, ethical guys. And they are much more than that: they are good friends and what inspired me in chasing a career in toys.
    We had a blast in SD and I can't wait to hang out with them more soon
    I'm cool with whatever they do and whatever inspiration they may get from my fanart

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I just hope that in final production, Sorceress gets a 'Casting Hand' but not a Claw casting hand like Catra & BGEL but a Hand similar to the vintage Teela left hand! (as you fortold in your design Emiliano!)

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I just hope that in final production, Sorceress gets a 'Casting Hand'

ka
    Toyguru has already replied to this here

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I think it is probable that the creator of those sketches and the 4H merely arrived at the same conclusions. After all, how many ways are there to create a classics Sorceress figure?
    That was pretty much my first opinion too. With reusable parts, and identical source materials... it was inevitable for there to be massive similiarities. Doesn't mean much. it was simply the best possible way to recreate designs that had already been out there. (though the blue on the cape is suspicious )

Reminds me of the people who refer to the 2nd merman head as 200x... It's NOT 200x... it's 'original cardback'. the fact that when they made 200x they went back to the same original cardback is where there is much confusion. 2 things drawn from the original source are going to look the same

And....

I....

LOVE IT!!!!!

Where can I see more of that awesome art?

Quote Originally Posted by RageTreb View Post
    Where can I see more of that awesome art?
    You should check out Emiliano's art album here at Org. Click on the folder "MOTUC Visions"

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    As long as Emiliano is happy, thats all that matters, and bring on more of his inspired stuff!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That was pretty much my first opinion too. With reusable parts, and identical source materials... it was inevitable for there to be massive similiarities. Doesn't mean much.
    It means the old adage, "great minds think alike," has a lot more credence than many might give it credit for.

Seriously, I think what we're seeing is that both the Fab Four and Emiliano have a really firm grasp of their craft and the intricacies of toy design.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Just keep these MOTUC Visions coming, this cooperation (intentional or not) will guarantee awesome figures. http://www.he-man.de/forum/Smileys/default/finger04.gif
    I couldn't agree more !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Emilliano is way more Talented that what people give him credit for . He truly is the #1 he-man Fan

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Emilliano is way more Talented that what people give him credit for . He truly is the #1 he-man Fan
    A thousand percent AGREE! I know I'll be happy as long as he keeps doing the awesome work.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

How awesome is it for Emiliano to hold toys that are exactly the way he designed them, designs made back even before the toys were getting made. It's not every day that you get to hold your dreams solidly in your hands. I'd say most people will never get that feeling ever.

Bravo sir!!!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I suppose this is as good of a thread to post this in as any, but I sure would love to hear Emiliano's insights into all of the awesome new designs/reveals from SDCC.
    Any chance you'd think about popping into another episode of RGD so that we could get your impressions on all of the new MOTU awesomeness?

TG doesn't even allow the 4H credit on his packages.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"