Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty addresses MOTUC Sub costs, price now adjusted

Matty addresses MOTUC Sub costs, price now adjusted

Well that only took 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector Facebook
    MOTUC Fans,

Thanks to you, the fans, we were made aware that the pricing on Club Eternia didn't include the quarterly variants (we can't believe we left them off!). We've updated the product page with the new copy as follows:

The total commitment for 2012 is $510, plus applicable fees/taxes and shipping (varies depending on your location and the shipping method you choose). You will be shipped 12 Monthly Figures (12 @ $20 = $240), 4 Beasts/Variants/Multi-packs (1 each at $60, $30, $40, $40 = $170), 4 Quarterly Variant Figures (4 each at $20 each=$80) and the Club-exclusive figure/map (included in $20 signup fee = $20) for a total of $510 plus shipping/taxes/fees.

If you've already signed up for Club EterniaŽ, your confirmation email and pre-authorization/charge amount is still correct because you won't be charged for the figures until they ship.

Again, the page is now updated, and we do apologize for the confusion.

--Matty
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    About time.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Lol, I was actually starting to believe those were coming for free to reward subscribers!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

And they came THIS close to announcing it AFTER the subscription window closed.

Well I'm glad! But why oh why did it take them so long just to say that? Maybe Mattel Legal was all on vacation.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Bring on thunder punch he-man! Dragon blaster skeletor! Blue hordak and some variant king Randor!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Well now I just need to sit back and wait for those fans screaming they deserve to get the figures for free cause they were tricked. It'll happen. Just give it time. It seems like there is not one thing people have NOT been cranky about since SDCC.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Well now I just need to sit back and wait for those fans screaming they deserve to get the figures for free cause they were tricked. It'll happen. Just give it time. It seems like there is not one thing people have NOT been cranky about since SDCC.
    Actually some people have been cranky since this line started... I'm baffled how they keep collecting if it causes them so much grief...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Good thing I didn't wait until after this was resolved to subscribe.... Their incompetence scares me sometimes.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I hear ya King Kahn, although for those that aren't "in the know" about what is going on, I can see their point.

Having said that, if you have $430 to invest in this line, what's another $80? I say just kick back, relax, and enjoy these fantastic toys.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    So, wait, they said before - with the Palace Guards, Wind Raider and so forth - that they couldn't add anything to the sub after people had agreed to a certain cost.

What makes this different? Surely by their own words, if they want to charge $510 they should have to cancel all subs and start the signup process over again.

Movie mayhem!
    So... could the people who already bought the sub call foul and get those figures for free? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    So... could the people who already bought the sub call foul and get those figures for free? lol
    Probably not. You could call foul, but there's about zero chance they'd give you 4 free figures.
    They'd probably just cancel your subscription.
    Bill :: guitargod694

OK, I don't work in retail and know much about when selling something. But I thought that if you're selling something and you state what the total cost of the items. And people sign the agreement, IE buy the sub. They're locked into that price point! And changing the agreement is breaking said contract! They tell us all the times that once we buy the sub we can't cancel. Yet, Mattel is able to make these changes cause they messes up? Is this legal?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Is this really that big of a deal? we all knew they were included and you darn well knew they weren't coming for free....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    OK, I don't work in retail and know much about when selling something. But I thought that if you're selling something and you state what the total cost of the items. And people sign the agreement, IE buy the sub. They're locked into that price point! And changing the agreement is breaking said contract! They tell us all the times that once we buy the sub we can't cancel. Yet, Mattel is able to make these changes cause they messes up? Is this legal?
    Technically that is accurate, but at the same time the lengths you would have to go through to get it done legally amounts to more than the $80 the additions cost

Its not as easy as saying "hey, wait look you said it was this price", especially since they have now admitted the error and corrected it before the sub closed. At best you could hope for is legally a judge saying "yes you can cancel because the sub was sold under false pretenses"

Also we can cancel the sub anytime we want, you just have to get the right rep at Digital River. So there is some leeway into what the actual "contract" is valid for

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Is this really that big of a deal? we all knew they were included and you darn well knew they weren't coming for free....
    No its not really a big deal, basic math and reading comprehension showed the correct amount a few weeks ago. The fact it took this long is just comedic
    Last edited by markatisu; August 4, 2011 at 06:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I see it as more of the fact that matty says nope sorry what you agree to can not be changed ever, when it comes to new items or saving on shipping, but now it's oops sorry we can change it.

J

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    It doesn't affect me either way but seeing how paranoid Mattel legal is, I'm surprised they didn't cancel all the subs and make everybody sign up again with the new agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Lol, I was actually starting to believe those were coming for free to reward subscribers!

I wish they'd reward us by getting rid of digital river.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Subscriptions to all of Matty's figure lines have been extended by another week, mainly for those DC fans still on the fence about getting the DC sub, as they only have about 30% of the people they need signed up in order to make that line of fig's happen.

So now fans have until Sunday August 14th at 11:59 p.m. PT to order any of their 2012 subscriptions!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News
    Traversing the concussion blasts of Despondos!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmangler View Post
    It doesn't affect me either way but seeing how paranoid Mattel legal is, I'm surprised they didn't cancel all the subs and make everybody sign up again with the new agreement.
    I think Mattel knows that doing that would mean that they would alienate customers already locked in and wouldn't get 100% of them to come back and reconfirm a sub purchase. You'd think, though, that at least an e-mail would be in order stating that they have made the change to the sub cost.

For me it is not a big deal at all, but I do understand that for some it might be and I think they have a legitimate gripe. Also, another concern might be setting precident for this sort of thing. This year it's $80, but what if next year it's $160? Mattel really should have been on the ball with this before they sold the subs.

Having said that, I personally don't care. I'd have locked in at $430, $510, $600, whatever.

Okay, I know I am a total n00b to this, in fact I only bought like 4 figures recently. But from what I am reading, Mattel will put a hold on the money until the figures are released? Its 100% true that $510 will not come out of my account immediately if I subscribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    Okay, I know I am a total n00b to this, in fact I only bought like 4 figures recently. But from what I am reading, Mattel will put a hold on the money until the figures are released? Its 100% true that $510 will not come out of my account immediately if I subscribe?
    No no no - don't worry

They only charge you $20 up front (for the subscription figure) and then do an additional $20 authorization for Janurary (not a hold). It's to check to see if you have $20 available at the time I guess... which is silly.

Then every month of 2012, they check your card and issue an email stating that they will be renewing your subscription for that month. Then you are charged, but only for that month.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No no no - don't worry

They only charge you $20 up front (for the subscription figure) and then do an additional $20 authorization for Janurary (not a hold). It's to check to see if you have $20 available at the time I guess... which is silly.

Then every month of 2012, they check your card and issue an email stating that they will be renewing your subscription for that month. Then you are charged, but only for that month.
    Thank you very much.

Heroic Warrior
    You know I just realized something, by paying the first 20$ couldn't people technically pay it with a card that they purposely only put say 60$ on to cover the authorization and the available check and then simply let them cancel it? You contractually still paid for said club figure so I would think they'd still have to give you it?

Hmmm I'm sure it couldn't be that easy...*Sigh* silly star sisters making me not want to subscribe! < *Shakes fist*