Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

Hybrid View

SDCC Granamyr vote

is it this SDCC? I really hope red wins!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    Red did win!! They have the 2 ticket buckets in the display case with a sign saying red won.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What is this for? No, I don't mean the color, I mean what is this for? Is he going to be a 30th anniversary figure or a beast sized figure for later on in the year?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    This was the SDCC panel vote for which color you want Granamyr to be. They didn't say when he would be released (as far as I saw).

Since the figure from last year's poll (Swifty) hasn't been released yet, I imagine Granamyr won't be released til Autumn 2012.

I believe they said he would be released @ the very end of 2012 and I'm pretty sure it was said he would NOT be part of the sub (not 100% on that)

Granamyr not included? How can that be?
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

I personally would have chosen green but I think red will still look nice and bold in the background of my MOTUC display. He might even somehow make it onto the Alcala shelf since he illustrated him in the mini comic.

I am glad red won; I hope they incorporate some detailing from the mini-comic version though. Straight-up Filmation designs are going to be too simplistic alongside the rest of the line (in my opinion).

I am going to be surprised if I find myself spending $80 on him though ... I don't have the cash or the space for the big guy.

Stoked that Granamyr is going to be red. At $80 bucks I agree that he'll likely be at least as big as the Marshmallow Man... if he's not I am going to be disappointed.
    Say cheese!!!

since red won he better look more filmation inspired. I dont want an old-tired looking red granamyr, that design is green.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    You can count me among the happy that Granamyr is red, as he should be. I want the majestic and powerful Granamyr from the Filmation series, not the tired-looking, pot-bellied dragon from the minicomic.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I am glad red won; I hope they incorporate some detailing from the mini-comic version though. Straight-up Filmation designs are going to be too simplistic alongside the rest of the line (in my opinion).

THIS!!!

Red but with the mini-comic design...

and $80?!

NO.

I won't buy him out of protest. It will be the firsy MOTU toy I won't own.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

$80 is too much for this figure ... but it makes no odds to me seeing as i have no plans to buy him anyway ... ...

stay puft, however - i need to get a hold of him! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I'll have to wait and actually see the toy until I make a firm decision. The character itself has no interest for me and I always thought he looked goofy and just plain silly. That said if the toy looks like a kick ass dragon i'll be going for it.
    Last edited by Minion; July 24, 2011 at 09:08am.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    $80.00! This line is getting out of control.

Think of it as two Wind Raiders. You wouldn't have a problem with two Wind Raiders would you?

I imagine Granamyr is going to be sculpted so that his big fat body is just going to be in a permanent pot-bellied sitting position. I expect only the neck/head and arms/hands to be movable. That said, for $80 (and him being my least-desired character EVER- next to any Widget, of course), I expect him to be larger than Tytus/Megator, and for him to either come with some sort of diorama setting or many treasure-like accessories to scatter around him.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I imagine Granamyr is going to be sculpted so that his big fat body is just going to be in a permanent pot-bellied sitting position. I expect only the neck/head and arms/hands to be movable. That said, for $80 (and him being my least-desired character EVER- next to any Widget, of course), I expect him to be larger than Tytus/Megator, and for him to either come with some sort of diorama setting or many treasure-like accessories to scatter around him.
    Truthfully, I can see him with similar articualtion to Tytus/Megator; theirs was pretty minimal, and I can't see any excuse for Mattel to do less here (no doubt he will be rotocast). For 80 bucks, yes, I'd expect him to be the biggest thing we've seen yet, but I doubt we'll get much beyond just him and his helmet, and maybe an accessory or two (magical energy bolts to snap onto his hands would be nice).

Me, I'm thrilled to get the arrogant old dragon. I have NO idea where I would be able to put him, but I can't pass on him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

if he's rotocast, which we all suspect, I hope they do him more like Gygor/shadow beast in terms of articulation. I want him to be able to look down for sure!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Just dropping a couple of good-looking custom pics here, for reference. THIS is the sort of Granamyr I want to see!