Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

SDCC Granamyr vote

is it this SDCC? I really hope red wins!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    Red did win!! They have the 2 ticket buckets in the display case with a sign saying red won.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What is this for? No, I don't mean the color, I mean what is this for? Is he going to be a 30th anniversary figure or a beast sized figure for later on in the year?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    This was the SDCC panel vote for which color you want Granamyr to be. They didn't say when he would be released (as far as I saw).

Since the figure from last year's poll (Swifty) hasn't been released yet, I imagine Granamyr won't be released til Autumn 2012.

I believe they said he would be released @ the very end of 2012 and I'm pretty sure it was said he would NOT be part of the sub (not 100% on that)

Granamyr not included? How can that be?
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Then I'm glad he's not included, I have no use for a red Granamyr

I hope they'll still do a green variant down the road
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I have no use for a green one, because Granamyr is red. Always should be.

But how is he not a large bonus beast item in the sub? The only things not in the sub I thought were the 6 extra figures, weapons packs, dioramas, vehicles, and She-Ra 2.0 this year.

YAY! for thse who want green, I do hope they come with a variant, but my first and favourite exposre to the wisest of all creatures was the red one. I hope he's at least as big as stay puft
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yes!! I always hoped for red!! It's going to stand out a lot more. I just don't like green...

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Yes!! I always hoped for red!! It's going to stand out a lot more. I just don't like green...
    Man I can't wait for Granamyr!, I've wanted him since I saw him in The Dragon's Gift. (I may have read the comic first, but the episode stands out as first) I love everything about the character. and yeah I like the colour green, but I can't picture a Green Granamyr toy looking fight in my collection, again, esp now that filmation rights are confirmed.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I have no use for a green one, because Granamyr is red. Always should be.
    Now I feel the exact opposite, Granamyr is green. Always should be. Really hope they can do a green one at some point, I've not use for a red one.
    Last edited by 13977; July 23, 2011 at 09:18am. Reason: spelling mistake
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Now I feel the exact opposite, Granamyr is green. Always should be. Really hope they can do a green on a some point, I've not use for a red one.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But how is he not a large bonus beast item in the sub? The only things not in the sub I thought were the 6 extra figures, weapons packs, dioramas, vehicles, and She-Ra 2.0 this year.

I would assume because the one and only $60 slot in the sub. is already occupied by the Star Sisters. To be done right one could only guess that he would have to be a $60+ item. $40 or less just wouldn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I would assume because the one and only $60 slot in the sub. is already occupied by the Star Sisters. To be done right one could only guess that he would have to be a $60+ item. $40 or less just wouldn't cut it.
    Yeah, but he could be the 2013 Q1 oversized item. Panthor was voted on at SDCC 2009, and he was released in 2011 Q2, after all.

Much better look, IMO.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Yeah, but he could be the 2013 Q1 oversized item. Panthor was voted on at SDCC 2009, and he was released in 2011 Q2, after all.

It's always possible, but I'm just going by what was said at the panel and using that as a possible reason. "End of 2012."

What a shame. Nothing can top Alcala-Granamyr.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Sad that red won, personally, but congrats to the filmation fans. This is one case where I really wish they would have just done both variants instead of a vote. The fans of each version are very passionate and I think the small investment of a paint mask would really pay off on this one.

I hope the sculpt, at least, is based on the mini comic as the design is much more detailed.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    i really do like both colors.

in the end...it doesn't really matter to me if he's gonna be red or green.
    the most important thing is that there IS going to be a granamyr figure...

how cool is that?!?!
    Last edited by tazzmaniac0102; July 23, 2011 at 10:19am.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    What a shame. Nothing can top Alcala-Granamyr.
    Agreed.

Also, now that we're getting Draego-Man, it might be a little redundant to have two red dragon-esque characters.

I'm more familiar with the red from the cartoon, but I'd be happy with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    yeah, that's the one and only !!! I didn't have a television until I was 4 or 5, so I first saw him in the comics ... and I can't remember seeing the Dragon's Gift episode when I was a kid. It wasn't until I bought one of those French DVD sets that I saw it ... boy, was I disappointed. Filmation completely butchered the character and he looks totally bland and uninteresting in the cartoon. I don't care if they did invent him, it was Alcala who made Granamyr great.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Filmation completely butchered the character and he looks totally bland and uninteresting in the cartoon. I don't care if they did invent him...
    Creator of Granamyr: Larry DiTillio
    Writer of Dragon's Gift Filmation episode: Larry DiTillio
    Adapter for Dragon's Gift minicomic: Michael Halperin

It is not actually POSSIBLE for DiTillio to "butcher" Halperin's work when what Haleperin did was ENTIRELY DERIVATIVE OF DITILLIO'S WORK!