Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Sad that red won, personally, but congrats to the filmation fans. This is one case where I really wish they would have just done both variants instead of a vote. The fans of each version are very passionate and I think the small investment of a paint mask would really pay off on this one.

I agree as all that we're talking about is color here. This is a case where I'm pretty sure that they could of sold both colors with-out any issues. Couldn't they just to a 50/50, 60/40 run on the two?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I agree as all that we're talking about is color here. This is a case where I'm pretty sure that they could of sold both colors with-out any issues. Couldn't they just to a 50/50, 60/40 run on the two?
    No, because we're talking about a ~$60, possibly non-sub, item that they don't want to have nearly half left over from. Anecdotally, the vote was a LANDSLIDE.

You could always change the %'s then. Running changes happen all the time and it's an effective way to sell additional product. Fine with me make more red. All I'm saying is that a "green" wouldn't result in an absolute flop as long as the numbers were reasonable.

Not to mention I don't put much stock into these SDCC panel votes....It's a limited audience. Put it on the website like they do with everything else so that everyone can add in.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; July 23, 2011 at 11:32am.

I'm very happy the red won!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

You could always change the %'s then. Running changes happen all the time and it's an effective way to sell additional product. Fine with me make more red. All I'm saying is that a "green" wouldn't result in an absolute flop as long as the numbers were reasonable.
    You'd be getting down to the levels of a chase variant (10:1 red:green? 20:1?). And the SDCC 2008 vote was "no chase variants"!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    You'd be getting down to the levels of a chase variant (10:1 red:green? 20:1?). And the SDCC 2008 vote was "no chase variants"!

Why so extreme? How's 3:1, 5:1......

Either way just a suggestion. If we had another infamous SDCC vote taken by 50 people in a hot and sweaty room for no variants in 08' tho then I guess you're right it isn't happening.

Creator of Granamyr: Larry DiTillio
    Writer of Dragon's Gift Filmation episode: Larry DiTillio
    Adapter for Dragon's Gift minicomic: Michael Halperin

It is not actually POSSIBLE for DiTillio to "butcher" Halperin's work when what Haleperin did was ENTIRELY DERIVATIVE OF DITILLIO'S WORK!
    I'm talking about the visual style, not about the writing. But I agree that my choice of words was wrong, so let me rephrase that: in my opinion Filmation did a poor job on the dragon, Alcala nailed it.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Easy decision: i will not buy a red one.
    Hope a green one will be released later

I don't honestly care about the colors, but I am worried about price and size. If it's too big, I may not get it. He's not really essential to my collection anyway. Also, I'm wondering what kinda figure he will be. I mean, seems like he does a lot of sitting. Will this just be a big 'ol vinyl statue, or is he gona move at all? That'll be the big thing for me. If he's just gona sit there, I'll pass. If I can move him (as least with a good range in the arms and neck) and have some fun with him, then I'll seriously consider him.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I never even saw Granamyr as green before, so I would have voted for red.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Easy decision: i will not buy a red one.
    Hope a green one will be released later
    my thoughts exactly
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

RED all the way!! The fans got this one right. But, he'll probably flocked for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'm talking about the visual style, not about the writing. But I agree that my choice of words was wrong, so let me rephrase that: in my opinion Filmation did a poor job on the dragon, Alcala nailed it.
    Same thing - Alcala's Granamyr is derivative of Filmation's Granamyr. You can't "butcher" someone else's work if they're working from your plans and not the other way around. The butchery equivalent of that progression would be to use a knife to turn your lamb chops back into a young sheep!

Glad red won, but i figured that he would be 2013's $60 item. I hope that he is, 2012 will be expensive enough without him....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Same thing - Alcala's Granamyr is derivative of Filmation's Granamyr. You can't "butcher" someone else's work if they're working from your plans and not the other way around. The butchery equivalent of that progression would be to use a knife to turn your lamb chops back into a young sheep!
    yes ... well, as I already stated in my previous post my choice of words was indeed wrong ... but by all means keep flogging the dead horse if that sort of thing makes you happy

I would assume because the one and only $60 slot in the sub. is already occupied by the Star Sisters. To be done right one could only guess that he would have to be a $60+ item. $40 or less just wouldn't cut it.
    This is the reason, I am less than thrilled that the very first $60 set we get are the Star Sisters especially in an Anniversary year. Just doesn't seem right. To me Granamyr would have made more sense or something else.

He is not part of the sub, on the slide show, it showed him with the non smoking sign over the club logo. Which means it will be $70+
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's official...

I actually preferred the green, but it's no biggie to me, either way.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm afraid Granamyr looks like Draego-man's daddy now the red version won... I would have prefered green personnally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's official...

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1311440723.jpg

I actually preferred the green, but it's no biggie to me, either way.
    This calls for a petition thread: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

hmm not sure what would have been my fav color, i would have been happy with either i guess, just hope he looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDan
    And THERE'S why he's not in the sub...

I'd gladly pay a 100$ if he were green

And THERE'S why he's not in the sub...
    well to me thats good news, if the giants were only $40, how big is something that is $80 going to be? Stay puff size or bigger