Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Now that we have to spend 80$ is so disturbing for Mattel doing half of the production green and half red?
    You have it backwards - if it was 80¢, it would be trivially easy for them to do both versions. $80, they need to pick & choose - they can't afford to be stuck with stock. And the suggestion is that the pro-cartoon vote won a LANDSLIDE at SDCC. Even here, in a small & self-selecting poll with a... vocal... pro-minicomics group, the voting is 2:1 in favour of red. And that's as close to an optimal situation as the green group will get - once you open it wider and involve significant quantities of cash, things will head back to "landslide" in favour of the mass-media version that more people will remember..

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    In heroclix Fin Fang Foom had a red and a green versions...
    Heroclix are small & cheap.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    The figures should be based on the tv shows, unless it's a minicomic only character. I never saw the minicomic stuff as 'official' anyway. to me it's the cartoons all the way.
    to me, a green grannymir is the same as a pink or white sorceress or prince adam in blue..... the person coloring them in the minicomic didn't make them the right color imo, as a child would do.
    the cartoon colors were the 'right' colors to me (with exception to filmation clawful, who looked nothing like his toy; in which the toy is much better looking imo).

Grannymir was red in the show (and had more appearances on the show than in the comic, i could be wrong though) so he should be red.
    You come back to your own opinion a lot in there. That's hardly 'official'. Minicomics, comics, etc. All were published and approved somehow. So it's all official whether you approve or not.

BUT

I will agree on one thing. Red fits him better in my eyes, but that's just my taste.

I personally would have chosen green but I think red will still look nice and bold in the background of my MOTUC display. He might even somehow make it onto the Alcala shelf since he illustrated him in the mini comic.

I am glad red won; I hope they incorporate some detailing from the mini-comic version though. Straight-up Filmation designs are going to be too simplistic alongside the rest of the line (in my opinion).

I am going to be surprised if I find myself spending $80 on him though ... I don't have the cash or the space for the big guy.

Stoked that Granamyr is going to be red. At $80 bucks I agree that he'll likely be at least as big as the Marshmallow Man... if he's not I am going to be disappointed.
    Say cheese!!!

since red won he better look more filmation inspired. I dont want an old-tired looking red granamyr, that design is green.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    You can count me among the happy that Granamyr is red, as he should be. I want the majestic and powerful Granamyr from the Filmation series, not the tired-looking, pot-bellied dragon from the minicomic.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hold up, did someone say he is going to be $80?

Yep, I'll be passing.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think a red Granamyr will be awesome. good choice.
    bnl4life

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I don't understand the mindset that it should be only one color or that it is "wrong" if it's not the version you want. I think the majority of those asking for green want it in addition to red, not instead of. I have no problems with filmation fans getting their version, bu it would be a very easy way to make -everyone- happy by just adding a second paint mask to the production run.

Just because some of us are, we will say, less than enthusiastic about filmation, it does not make us "wrong.".
    the issue is the price tag of the figure if he were cheap to produce they'd take the risk on 2 paint jobs, but he's so far the most expensive MOTUC to date, he costs almost as much as Eternia did when it was released! they have to go with what they think most of the fans want. its easy to paint green but it's a BIG risk.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Buy some green paint. Granamyr should be red.

I'll give them $200 a piece if they'll keep it Red.
    I'm actually going to spend $200 because I'll be buying two of him! Can't wait. I'm guessing that he'll cost around $20.00 to ship?

Red all the way!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Widget
    Red..."green" (I always thought it was more of a yellow color with a slight greenish tint, but...) ... who cares?! It's freakin' GRANAMYR!!! After 25-30 years, we fans are finally getting a highly detailed, true-to-size, big-@$$ Granamyr figure!!!

True, the Granamyr from the cartoon had more of an impact on me than the one from the mini-comic, but come on! It's a GIANT DRAGON!!! ...and at least red was one of his true colorizations. As long as he's not pink with purple polka dots, I'm happy.

...Now, for Procrustus and an Ice Hacker....

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Hopefully he'll be bigger than Tytus/Megator with better articulation. I have a sneaking suspicion the high price tag has to do more with articulation than size.
    I was just thinking this too. But then i also slightly recall (someone correct me if i'm wrong) TG mentioning that Granamyr would be slightly bigger than Tytus? $80 at that as well and i need two!

Either way, i'm happy that the outcome was red. I might be in the minority here but i don't want him to look like that washed up mini comic version, i'd rather the Filmation version with characteristic touches by the FH which would be ideal in my opinion.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    You have it backwards - if it was 80¢, it would be trivially easy for them to do both versions.
    He said $80 but with the dollar sign AFTER the number. Some countries do that. Don't be mean, now!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    I might be in the minority here but i don't want him to look like that washed up mini comic version, i'd rather the Filmation version with characteristic touches by the FH which would be ideal in my opinion.
    Agreed. Filmation + 4H = AWESOMENESS
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

With Stay Puft $60, Granamyr should be larger than him. Packaging won't be as great as Stay Puft I'm sure. So that $80 will make him as large as the 20+" Voltron

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    With Stay Puft $60, Granamyr should be larger than him. Packaging won't be as great as Stay Puft I'm sure. So that $80 will make him as large as the 20+" Voltron
    Stay Puft is also hollow, light weight, soft, and lacking intricate details. I assume Granamyr will be much more detailed and articulated, so I understand the $80 price point.

Oh and wait til you guys see the pics of the ticket boxes we took. Red won by a landslide!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Red, green, purple with pink polka dots - I just WANT him!

Hopefully the $80 price point is indicative of the size of the figure, as well as the detail & articulation.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Stay Puft is $70, but yeah...he's as hollow inside as....[insert joke here].
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hope he's sculpted more like the mini comic version - and less streamlined than the Filmation - I'm sure he will be awesome though - I wonder how big he's going to be?!

If this is released at the end of 2012, presumably be will be non-sub, because I don't remember reading any indication that an $80 item was included in the 2012 sub.
    I hope he's way bigger than Stay Puft. Incidentally I saw Dan's review of said Ghostbusters masrshmallow dude, and he looks so... Cheap! He's hollowed out inside and the limbs can be detached for no real reason. I hope Granamyr is articulated well, and is nice and big. They really upped the game with Tytus, it'll be good if they topped even the T-Man! MOTUC just got even more expensive!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I am glad red won; I hope they incorporate some detailing from the mini-comic version though. Straight-up Filmation designs are going to be too simplistic alongside the rest of the line (in my opinion).

THIS!!!

Red but with the mini-comic design...

and $80?!

NO.

I won't buy him out of protest. It will be the firsy MOTU toy I won't own.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

$80 is too much for this figure ... but it makes no odds to me seeing as i have no plans to buy him anyway ... ...

stay puft, however - i need to get a hold of him! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I'll have to wait and actually see the toy until I make a firm decision. The character itself has no interest for me and I always thought he looked goofy and just plain silly. That said if the toy looks like a kick ass dragon i'll be going for it.
    Last edited by Minion; July 24, 2011 at 08:08am.