Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    $80.00! This line is getting out of control.

Think of it as two Wind Raiders. You wouldn't have a problem with two Wind Raiders would you?

I imagine Granamyr is going to be sculpted so that his big fat body is just going to be in a permanent pot-bellied sitting position. I expect only the neck/head and arms/hands to be movable. That said, for $80 (and him being my least-desired character EVER- next to any Widget, of course), I expect him to be larger than Tytus/Megator, and for him to either come with some sort of diorama setting or many treasure-like accessories to scatter around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Buy some green paint. Granamyr should be red
    lol red granamyr smiley here
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Besides the filmation rights being aquired and possible playsets answer
    this is the best darned announcement from the whole sdcc mattel
    reveals! Ive been waiting close to 30 years for this big boy and if he comes in green Ill have that one too! Hes really one of the best characters in MOTU.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    I think no less of you and your excitement makes me even happier to have him on the horizon.
    Thanks man!

Granamyr has been a long time coming....... I don't know how they do it, but Mattel continues to improve year after year with the MOTUC line.

I know that we, the fan, have a lot to do with their success; but I never imagined that, when I was purchasing King Grayskull back in 2008, I would be given the news that Granamyr - yes, Granamyr would be in our hands in 2012....

I know I sound a little dramatic, but this toy will represent a huge part of my childhood memories in awesome figure form! Granamyr will always be one of my most beloved MOTU characters.

Thank you Mattel!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'm excited for this. For $80, he should be huge! I'm glad that he's red - the way that I voted at SDCC.

Heroic Warrior
    For $80, he'd better be as massive and as impressive at the AT-AT which stood around 2' tall and had amazing articulation (for a vehicle) and added features from previous versions.

If it's another cheapo like Tytus (who I still don't have but read many of the rotocast complaints) people will (rightfully) howl for blood.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If there are ANY quality control issues, or if he ISN'T articulated in a respectable way, then there is going to be a ton of backlash..
    No doubt.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm fine with Granamyr's color, Filmation red is much better than Minicomic green. But if he'll be that expensive indeed, I hope he'll be really huge and won't be as little moveable as Tytus.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't you see? It's a test. If he sells well, there will be a Castle Grayskull in 2013!

I am actually glad it's not included as part of the sub. $80 is a HUGE price tag and if they coupled that with a monthly figure or two I would be crying.

I would, however, hope they make enough of him so he doesn't sell out in 10 minutes.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I imagine Granamyr is going to be sculpted so that his big fat body is just going to be in a permanent pot-bellied sitting position. I expect only the neck/head and arms/hands to be movable. That said, for $80 (and him being my least-desired character EVER- next to any Widget, of course), I expect him to be larger than Tytus/Megator, and for him to either come with some sort of diorama setting or many treasure-like accessories to scatter around him.
    Truthfully, I can see him with similar articualtion to Tytus/Megator; theirs was pretty minimal, and I can't see any excuse for Mattel to do less here (no doubt he will be rotocast). For 80 bucks, yes, I'd expect him to be the biggest thing we've seen yet, but I doubt we'll get much beyond just him and his helmet, and maybe an accessory or two (magical energy bolts to snap onto his hands would be nice).

Me, I'm thrilled to get the arrogant old dragon. I have NO idea where I would be able to put him, but I can't pass on him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

if he's rotocast, which we all suspect, I hope they do him more like Gygor/shadow beast in terms of articulation. I want him to be able to look down for sure!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    For that high price, I'm guessing he'll come with spell books, treasure and other assorted stuff. Given Mattels latest trend for big guys, Im guessing he'll come with a cardboard diorama of his lair to sit in front of

Heroic Warrior
    2 questions

1. Anyone know where to get a larger photo of the vote sign for
    Granamyr at SDCC with artwork of his head? Im talking about the one where it says vote for his color and it shows his head only.

2. Anyone want Granamyr's son like me? I would like to see him made but I cant find a photo of him online nor do I remember his name.

I really wish green had won. Filmation's Granymyr was far less impressive to me with his very basic look, although I'm sure the Classics version will surpass it with great shading and sculpting. Still, the green mini comic version is, in my opinion (!), much niftier. Oh well, the toon version is good too.

They should just make him a color-changing toy!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It's a good thing I wasn't at SDCC since I'm not sure which color I would have voted on. The green looked good in the mini-comic & is my favorite color, but red dragons seem more iconic(I always think of the cover art for Dungeons & Dragons). I do hope he looks more like the Filmation design though. The mini-comic version always looked to me more like an old man with scales than an imposing ancient dragon.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Where were we supposed to vote!?! It wasn't mentioned anywhere and I didn't even know about this poll until the "winning" vote was announced! Was the color "election" were only for the SDCC attendees?

And I wan't to vote green.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Where were we supposed to vote!?! It wasn't mentioned anywhere and I didn't even know about this poll until the "winning" vote was announced! Was the color "election" were only for the SDCC attendees?

Yes, it was a vote for the Mattypalooza panel at SDCC.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post

than you'll want to check out this thread as well: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211645
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    this line is amazing..I am so happy to be a motu fan right now. Granamyr was never on my want list but after seeing the mini comic clip of him I can't wait. I will definately be picking up one for sure and maybe a second...depending on the look mib.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    than you'll want to check out this thread as well: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211645
    Well, I can go either way. Maybe they'll do a mix of red and green like what they did with Man-E!

Hope not.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Just dropping a couple of good-looking custom pics here, for reference. THIS is the sort of Granamyr I want to see!