Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Granamyr vote

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    So you have $20 left for paint. That should be enough
    I'm not really into customizing toys, although for a moment I did consider to repaint him. But I guess it requires an airbrush in order to give such a large and expensive model the paint apps it deserves. Anyway, I don't know, except for some Warhammer miniatures I have no experience on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i hope we see Green down the rode
    then join our cause: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211645
    Green Granamyr needs your support !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Anyone else want to make as guess as to how much shipping will be for Granamyr? I'm thinking around $20.00. And I really hope he will be a SOLID figure, not hollowed out. If he turns out to be solid then he will be one mighty hefty figure.

Simple decision; buy green model paint and make him green.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Red won!!

I'm quite happy with the $80 price tag. This means that he'll be HUGE!
    $80...yikes!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
    $80...yikes!
    **faints!!**
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Finally, the lord of Darksmoke will be part of my collection!!

$80 for Granamyr is fine for me, I would have paid more for him. Hopefully he'll be big enough!!

Very happy that RED won the vote as well.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Wow... i wonder how he'll compare to Megator and Tytus? Im guessing he won't fit into my IKEA Detolf shelf!
    Last edited by JonWes; July 24, 2011 at 11:53am.

$80! WOW!!!

He will be HUGE!

I thought Scott said the cost on items was going to be capped at $60 (except for fortressses) Any idea when he will be released? Surely it won't be part of the subscription unless they add him to 2013, but even then it would be pushing it to expect everyone to buy a sub with an $80 item.....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

For $80 bucks, I hope he at least comes with skytree!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    $80! WOW!!!

He will be HUGE!

I thought Scott said the cost on items was going to be capped at $60 (except for fortressses) Any idea when he will be released? Surely it won't be part of the subscription unless they add him to 2013, but even then it would be pushing it to expect everyone to buy a sub with an $80 item.....
    They already said he won't be a part of the 2012 sub.

I'm guessing he won't be Rotocast (or at least, large parts of him won't... maybe he'll be like Gygor with just a rotocast main body) because everyone complains about Tyus and Megator and that might have caused the cost to go up.

I am very excited to finally be getting Granamyr! The red color is also my first choice, so that just makes the news all the more appealing!

$80? I am fine with this price point as long as the figure delivers. Granamyr should be given the royal treatment and be in scale as close as feasible. I find the $80 price to be encouraging in regards to the potential quality of the figure!

I'm happy red won the vote. But man 80 bucks is expensive! I would be happier if they released a smaller version for less money, like 50 or 60 dollars. Oh well. I won't make my decision until I see him, but it will be a tough sell for a lot of people I think.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

put aside $5 a month from now, by the time Granamyr comes out you'l easily afford him and more!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I'm happy red won for several reasons: I've always thought of Granamyr in red color since the version I know is that from Filmation. To be honest, putting aside the erudition from mini-comics, I think most people know Granamyr from Filmation.

Also, a green Granamyr would make me think of a dinosaur (Toy Story comes to my mind) or an oversized lizard creature. In my opinion, red is a more majestic color for a dragon.

So, if two versions are going to be produced, I hope Mattel calculates proportions right. But for now, I'm happy with the winner color.

Now, red color only won't be enough for me to buy the figure... I hope it is an amazing sculpt. For a figure the size we're expecting for, the design has to be very detailed and well executed, or it will be as dissapointing as the fell beast from Lord of the Rings (just to give an example). Actually I'm not concerned about a hollow figure as long as it looks awesome.

ive been thinking about his size for $80, im thinking he will be maybe 4 or 5" taller than the giants, but he will have a wide base and tail to add to the cost.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Man, I remember thinking how easy collecting this line would be once I signed up for the sub. No fighting the screens, just waiting for the mail.

I remember voting for "All In" subs.

Can't we have another vote for "All In 2.0"?

Or maybe "30th anniversary figures sub"

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    It would have been cool to have a green one with a Skytree accessorie and a reissue of the mini-comic. Although, I am happy with red, because I also was first introduced to him in Filmation's cartoon.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHiss View Post
    I am very excited to finally be getting Granamyr! The red color is also my first choice, so that just makes the news all the more appealing!

$80? I am fine with this price point as long as the figure delivers. Granamyr should be given the royal treatment and be in scale as close as feasible. I find the $80 price to be encouraging in regards to the potential quality of the figure!
    I agree. If you look at the figures that are coming in 2012, Granamyr promises to deliver on ALL fronts! The 4H (5H, IMO... Emiliano should be in there as well) are doing a fantastic job in their quality and attention to detail. (Except shoulder issues, of course.) Haha!

Wouldn't want to be an international fan and try to pay shipping for this bad boy! YIKES Will probably be as much as the figure itself.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Wow! I figured that Granamyr would definitely be a sub item. I'm excited for him, but I'm definitely getting a little concerned with how much extra stuff Mattel is adding in that isn't part of the subscription! And $80! Sheesh. I guess it shows that they have a lot of faith in this line at this point however. I definitely don't want to hear anything about this line being on a shoestring budget anymore!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Would you all think any less of me if I admitted to crying when I found out that I would finally, after 28 years, have my very own Granamyr figure?

I am numb with happiness over this news. $80.00 pfft! No price is too high for the oldest and wisest of all Dragons! Now we just need some details on sculpt, articulation, materials, size, etc., etc..

It makes me happy to see so many fans ready and willing to pay this much for a figure they haven't even seen. That is the power of Granamyr!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Would you all think any less of me if I admitted to crying when I found out that I would finally, after 28 years, have my very own Granamyr figure?

I am numb with happiness over this news. $80.00 pfft! No price is too high for the oldest and wisest of all Dragons! Now we just need some details on sculpt, articulation, materials, size, etc., etc..

It makes me happy to see so many fans ready and willing to pay this much for a figure they haven't even seen. That is the power of Granamyr!!!
    I think no less of you and your excitement makes me even happier to have him on the horizon.

Hasbro's repainted Foom coming

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Hasbro's repainted Foom coming
    Aw, man. The new meaner head sculpt is awesome and I love how the fabric shorts highlight how delightfully absurd a dragon with people pants on is. I've got the green one, so it's a tough call.

As far as Granamyr, I'd have been fine either way. I'm hoping for the sculpt to have the nice texture of the comic illustrations but have him be a it more mobile like Filmation.

Maybe this is a silly question, but doesn't Granamyr only have wings in the cartoon? Being objective and without any investment in the character, I do prefer the comic look, but since I'd like a dragon with wings I think you've got to go with Filmation colors so it's at least accurate to one source instead of neither.

I'm glad that he's going to be red, but that price point is ridiculous.

If there are ANY quality control issues, or if he ISN'T articulated in a respectable way, then there is going to be a ton of backlash..

But considering that it's more expensive to produce a highly articulated giant figure like Granamyr than lets' say a playset like Grayskull, I guess Grayskull, if and when we get it, won't be more than $125... just because it's a playset, and uses a lot of plastic, doesn't mean it costs them more than producing Granamyr.

Good. That's settled
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm glad that he's going to be red, but that price point is ridiculous.

If there are ANY quality control issues, or if he ISN'T articulated in a respectable way, then there is going to be a ton of backlash..

But considering that it's more expensive to produce a highly articulated giant figure like Granamyr than lets' say a playset like Grayskull, I guess Grayskull, if and when we get it, won't be more than $125... just because it's a playset, and uses a lot of plastic, doesn't mean it costs them more than producing Granamyr.

Good. That's settled

LOL I agree, but I do not think mattel will
    the ignore list is my new best friend