Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.157!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.157!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 157 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Kesmai.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. DrumMaster: Mattel hinted at the possibility of a new weapons pack or new vehicle. Will there be some news about that soon?

Yes very soon! Keep your eyes peeled for all the buzz around NYTF.

2. Shecky: Given that there are no more mini-comics in the foreseeable future and that the bios helped expand the mythos, would you reconsider having bios on future Collector's Choice figures?

We have already begun finding ways to implement the bios for future figures. We can say that for sure we will have them for every figure in 2017, with production cycles as they are 2016 will be tricky. We will get the bios out in one way or another.

3. bribri4u: The poll done on He-Man.Org had many high ranking variants. Will Collector's Choice continue to focus on unique characters, or will variants be included in future assortments in monthly slots or possibly as quarterly releases?

A lot of the variants that made it high on the list really seemed to come from the 87 Movie which is a whole other beast of its own. We are still looking into what we can do for the figures that have never made it and we are very hopeful that they will see the light of day!! As for collectors choice we are still hoping to offer a good mix of characters from all forms of the MOTU universe.

4. abaddon: With Lord Masque, you've released new weapon sculpts that give us the weapons for NA Thunder Punch He-Man. Will you keep this idea of new weapons in mind for future weapons packs?

If we finally get to a new weapons pack yes we will keep that in mind.

5. Kesmai: With February's 2016's issue #15, DC Comics' MOTU Eternity War max-series event is concluding. So far has been a really good comic, and the creative team has done a great job. What are the plans for the DC's Masters of the Universe comic book series beyond this event?

That we cannot say. There are definitely plans for what the next story to be told would be, but nothing is final.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 159!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 157 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Nice answer for the possible weapons pack and/or vehicle!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thank Heavens! Now that we are all done complaining about the lack of Card-Back Bios, we can finally go back to complaining about the Card-Back Bios themselves! *Whew!*

Glad the bios are coming back next year! I'm not a vehicle guy so I'm hoping for an awesome weapons pack....although I don't know what I really need besides a Crystal Zoar stand.

Heroic Warrior
    Great set of answers and it sounds like they are really en route to cleaning things up after all the chaos of the last few months. Hopefully we'll give them some benefit of the doubt, since the last few answer sessions have shown a very positive change approach.
    I'm really really hoping for a vehicle!

Have to wonder if the vehicle they are talking about is Stridor, even though I'm pretty sure they count Night Walker as a beast.

Also I'm very surprise but excited that they are already speaking about vehicles after they just realeased the TF a& PD.

Any ideas as to what the next vehicle could be? It's about time the villains get some wheels or jets.

Very cool to hear that a vehicle is coming!

Some of the questions this time were pretty weird. Is Mattycollector really the best place to ask questions about DC Comics? And we're asking if Mattel will keep it in mind that they released weapons with Lord Masque?

Oh, well. Looking forward to the reveals and hoping He-Man 2.0 turns out better than the photos suggest.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Very cool to hear that a vehicle is coming!

Some of the questions this time were pretty weird. Is Mattycollector really the best place to ask questions about DC Comics? And we're asking if Mattel will keep it in mind that they released weapons with Lord Masque?

Oh, well. Looking forward to the reveals and hoping He-Man 2.0 turns out better than the photos suggest.
    My question was altered for some reason. It was meant to be more along the lines of asking for the NA He-Man armor to go with the sword and shield. Not sure what happened there, maybe my original wording was misunderstood?
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Heroic Warrior
    Does this mean going back to MOTUC type bios or just printing the Fun Facts character info (like for Lord Masque and He-Man 2.0) found on MattyCollector to the back of the figure packaging???

Some of the questions this time were pretty weird. Is Mattycollector really the best place to ask questions about DC Comics?
    It was my understanding that these are general MOTU brand Q&A for Mattel and not MattyCollector specifically. But they answered it so it must've been valid. There are no right or wrong questions, unless they've already been answered before.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 157 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Kesmai.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

2. Shecky: Given that there are no more mini-comics in the foreseeable future and that the bios helped expand the mythos, would you reconsider having bios on future Collector's Choice figures?

We have already begun finding ways to implement the bios for future figures. We can say that for sure we will have them for every figure in 2017, with production cycles as they are 2016 will be tricky. We will get the bios out in one way or another.

Whooooo Hoooooo!!!! I'm happy again.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    My question was altered for some reason. It was meant to be more along the lines of asking for the NA He-Man armor to go with the sword and shield. Not sure what happened there, maybe my original wording was misunderstood?
    You didn't say anything about the armor. Here is your original question.

I'm pretty sure you are mixing your 157 question up with the question you submitted for the previous 158 round.

In which case, hey, it's all good. It can be easy to lose track of the Q&As.

Some of the questions this time were pretty weird. Is Mattycollector really the best place to ask questions about DC Comics?
    Rob David, who handled a lot of the later comic story development, works at Mattel. So it makes sense to submit that question.

I completely understand how that may seem weird, though. Especially to anyone who hasn't followed the comic or is more of a casual fan.

Did no one ask about the ankles issue or Hsssss?.. Jeez Louise

Nice to hear that we might see a new weapons pack!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    Any ideas as to what the next vehicle could be? It's about time the villains get some wheels or jets.
    Roton !!!!!!!!!! What else ?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Roton !!!!!!!!!! What else ?
    Indeed! Land Shark ranking pretty closely but a bit less demanded anyway.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wonder if the new bios will continue the Neitlichverse or will they simply give a rundown of who the character is, their powers and how they fit into the story?

As for the new vehicle, it's probably either the Attack Trak (to finish out 1982 and 1983), the Roton or the Land Shark.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by thatbloodymikey View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from submitting one of those questions to a Q&A round.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wonder if the new bios will continue the Neitlichverse or will they simply give a rundown of who the character is, their powers and how they fit into the story?
    I would assume they'd continue the Classics toy/minicomic canon. But my gut tells me they'll be more focused on the individual character about which the bio is written.

As far as the "ankles issue" goes, these questions were submitted before that came about.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I personally don't want to see the bios return, but I would like if they brought back the character pic. It was always nice to see classic art on there.

It is good they're still talking positively about 2017. With the Hasbro-Mattel merger rumors, I do worry abut the future of Classics and the property in general. Hopefully these toy executives see while MOTUC may not move the needle, collectors are easy money.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope the next vehicle is Attak Trak. So it'll probably be Roton.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I hope the next vehicle is Attak Trak. So it'll probably be Roton.
    I'd love an Attack Trak with mud splattered treads.

You know what would be kick ass? The mini-comic variant of the Attack-Trak in brown, but with some alternate details and deco.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Ankle issue on the new he-man? We just got pics the other day, and these were asked prior to that. And if asked in the new one, we will already have him in hands before any answers, so that makes no sense to ask such things.
    Last edited by unclassified; February 6, 2016 at 12:23pm.

Really glad the bios will be making a comeback!!

Also really excited about potentially seeing a vehicle at NYTF!!

I'd LOVE to see the Land Shark, but I have a feeling it's going to be the Roton.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'd love an Attack Trak with mud splattered treads.

You know what would be kick ass? The mini-comic variant of the Attack-Trak in brown, but with some alternate details and deco.
    I'm with you on that. Always wanted the brown one. It was such an important part of 'The Magic Stealer!'.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

OK OK. I obviously didn't know that otherwise I wouldn't have commented at all on it would it?.
    Honestly guys! You find that sometimes even trying to write a comment in these forums is like trying to feed a rabid dog