Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Hybrid View

Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Red Filmation Granamyr might have won the vote at SDCC but I'm certain there are lots of fans out here who'd like to have a green variant, as portrayed by Alfredo Alcala in The Dragon's Gift:

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Absolutely! Count me in! A second paint mask shouldn't set Mattel back much and would improve their sales. Red granamyr just isn't granamyr to me...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im in! Wanted that cool looking Dragan since childhood!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    DragoMan is red, so please, Granamyr must be green!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I absolutely want the green version as well! =) Sign me up for it!

I still, to this day, have not seen the episodes with Granamyr, instead I've read the comic many a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I absolutely want the green version as well! =) Sign me up for it!

I still, to this day, have not seen the episodes with Granamyr, instead I've read the comic many a time.
    I read that comic book over and over again same goes for Masks of Power (which is also utterly disappointing in Filmation). To me those two comics are the very core what MOTU is about.
    I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to Youtube, but you can find the whole Dragon's Gift episode on there.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    But when it comes to Granamyr I have to go with the red. That's not saying I wouldnt buy a slightly retooled green one later on! But for the price point he's gonna bring...it definitely needs to be slightly retooled and NOT a straight up repaint!
    Yes, he'll need more wards and wrinkles than the red one
    Last edited by Crusader; July 23, 2011 at 03:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I really want a green one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Agreed - I don't mind if they release both to please the green fans, but I always thought the green version looked old and decrepit...
    Thats what I like about the green version
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Normally I'm always down with the green.

But when it comes to Granamyr I have to go with the red. That's not saying I wouldnt buy a slightly retooled green one later on! But for the price point he's gonna bring...it definitely needs to be slightly retooled and NOT a straight up repaint!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    DragoMan is red, so please, Granamyr must be green!
    Skeletor, Sy-Klone, Faker are all blue...we can have like-hued characters.

Plus Granamyr is more of a burgundy than red outright, but him and Drago-man being so close in colour, it would be cool if their stories were intertwined.

ANYWAY I'm not arguing against you green supporters, I have no problem in a green variant down the road. but I'm still glad the red is the one coming for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I'm okay with the color, but I want to see the Alcala sculpt, not the Filmation one...

But after the 2 giants my expecations were lowered as I was not very impressed by the decisions made to the scuplt.

For 80$ he should be a lot of better than the cheap looking Marshmallow Man!

He better should be awesome!!!
    Last edited by Berserker79; August 2, 2011 at 07:01pm.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    The only way I see this working is if Mattel colors half of the original production each color.

If the green version IS released in the future, it should probably be a much smaller production run to help avoid overstock on an $80 item. Mattel would pull the plug on any future $80 items if that happened.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think a good solution might be a preorder system. If enough collectors pre-order a green Granamyr, Mattel will produce an additional amount. If orders don't meet the minimum amount necessary, green Granamyr doesn't happen. But Mattel could claim that at least they tried. Mattel also could actually save some money by producing more Granamyrs from the same mold and only painting the small extra amount green.
    They even could go as far as giving the entire production run (red and green) swappable heads, one being closer to the cartoon portrayal and the other one closer to Alcala's redesign. And as I said before, make the wings removable. Even if the "produced-on-demand" green version didn't happen, Mattel still could cash in on collectors through the extra head, enabling collector to at least get a Granamyr which they still could turn into the Alcala version and repaint by themselves.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; August 11, 2011 at 05:18am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I think a good solution might be a preorder system. If enough collectors pre-order a green Granamyr, Mattel will produce an additional amount. If orders don't meet the minimum amount necessary, green Granamyr doesn't happen. But Mattel could claim that at least they tried. Mattel also could actually save some money by producing more Granamyrs from the same mold and only painting the small extra amount green.
    What about the thermometer idea that was suggested for Castle Grayskull ?

Heroic Warrior
    I know it was a small representative sample at SDCC (myself included), but do they have the tallied numbers?

For the sake of arguement, let's say 80% went red and 20% went green.

I am willing to wager 70% of buyers will buy red.
    I am willing to wager 10% of buyers will buy green.
    I am willing to wager 5-10% of buyers will buy both.
    I am willing to wager 10-15% of buyers will buy both to re-sell.

If the paint aps are different in color, BUT the same in number, then there isn't any increase in cost to make more, no?

Mattel will sell more, hardcore fans will buy both, so it's win-win at no cost to Mattel.

If the example I gave showed 80% red and 20% green, make them at a ratio of 4:1. They alone will drive sales of the green one, whether we like it or not.

You don't want green? Great! There's a red one.

I voted green at the panel, but as a preference for a green dragon, not so much the Alcala design. Even as I put my ticket in the box, I could see it was a losing vote though. Oh well. I'll wait and see before I buy anyway. Too FILMation and he'll be bland. Too Alcala and he'll be less potent. Can't wait to see what the 4H do.

It's funny, because the Alcala Granamyr has always been my point of reference for the character. As you say, he looks so incredibly ancient, so full of unsurpassed wisdom and knowledge.
    To me that design had loads of character. Yes, he did look old and feeble, but I suspect that was exactly the point.
    I'd love a variant of this design at some point, if possible.

Anyway, I'm certainly not complaining about the version getting made. I never would have guessed when I started collecting this line, that we'd be getting vehicles and giant characters like Granamyr, and I'm really happy we're getting him.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Matty, please, make half versions red, half green... This way people can choose one, or even both!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I really want the green one. But I think, that is only because of the drawings/design and not because of the colour. Make a red Alcala Granamyr, and everyone will be happy. ;-)
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

Heroic Warrior
    This will be a $80.00 figure. At that price point, I'll buy only one. The only figure I'd spend more money for, would be Gigantisaur.

I like both colours : red and green. So I don't really care about the fact Granamyr comes in red or green. As long as he's well done and articulated, it's fine with me.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I hope Mattel will release a green Granamyr. That way everybody gets what they want.

By the way, has anybody mentioned that green G. doesn't have wings, while the red one does?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Green would've been my choice! Sign me up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I voted for green at the panel, so don't blame me.

Red won and I doubt you guys are going to get Matty to change or even create a variant. That thing is going to be on sale once and that's it. For $80, I'm only buying one.

Good luck though...
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I voted for the green one at the panel as well. Even though I don't mind the red one, and am anxious to see just how he looks, there is just something intriguing about that green Alcala one that just doesn't translate to the red Filmation Granamyr, almost a nobility mixed with weariness.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"