Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Red Filmation Granamyr might have won the vote at SDCC but I'm certain there are lots of fans out here who'd like to have a green variant, as portrayed by Alfredo Alcala in The Dragon's Gift:

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Absolutely! Count me in! A second paint mask shouldn't set Mattel back much and would improve their sales. Red granamyr just isn't granamyr to me...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im in! Wanted that cool looking Dragan since childhood!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    DragoMan is red, so please, Granamyr must be green!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I absolutely want the green version as well! =) Sign me up for it!

I still, to this day, have not seen the episodes with Granamyr, instead I've read the comic many a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I absolutely want the green version as well! =) Sign me up for it!

I still, to this day, have not seen the episodes with Granamyr, instead I've read the comic many a time.
    I read that comic book over and over again same goes for Masks of Power (which is also utterly disappointing in Filmation). To me those two comics are the very core what MOTU is about.
    I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to Youtube, but you can find the whole Dragon's Gift episode on there.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Normally I'm always down with the green.

But when it comes to Granamyr I have to go with the red. That's not saying I wouldnt buy a slightly retooled green one later on! But for the price point he's gonna bring...it definitely needs to be slightly retooled and NOT a straight up repaint!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    But when it comes to Granamyr I have to go with the red. That's not saying I wouldnt buy a slightly retooled green one later on! But for the price point he's gonna bring...it definitely needs to be slightly retooled and NOT a straight up repaint!
    Yes, he'll need more wards and wrinkles than the red one
    Last edited by Crusader; July 23, 2011 at 03:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I guess I have been marked publicly for Alcala fan now, so I must comment!

I would have voted for green too, but I would wait and see what red one will look like first. Colour is not all there is to that character, sculpt will be most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    DragoMan is red, so please, Granamyr must be green!
    Skeletor, Sy-Klone, Faker are all blue...we can have like-hued characters.

Plus Granamyr is more of a burgundy than red outright, but him and Drago-man being so close in colour, it would be cool if their stories were intertwined.

ANYWAY I'm not arguing against you green supporters, I have no problem in a green variant down the road. but I'm still glad the red is the one coming for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I wanted him pale Green and yelow....

Those cartoon versions are just poor variations of the original character... Filmation ruined a lot of good concepts making them bright and colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post

Those cartoon versions are just poor variations of the original character... Filmation ruined a lot of good concepts making them bright and colorful.
    For my money filmation made Granamyr amazing. I mean he was ok in the mini comic, but he didn't get to be fleshed out so much. (to be fair the minis are a lot shorter than the toons)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post

The original character was created by Larry DiTillio who worked at FILMation.

It's a shame the mini comic ruined the original character and turned him pale green and yellow.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The original character was created by Larry DiTillio who worked at FILMation.

It's a shame the mini comic ruined the original character and turned him pale green and yellow.
    Yes, we know that by now, but some people don't care about the uninspired red dragon with pink wings that Filmation did. This topic is meant for the fans that support the Green Alcala version and would like to get this particular variant as well. There are other threads to discuss which one was first or which one is superior, so please don't spoil it for us.

HD figures on youtube
    I LOVE that mini comic, but don't know if I would buy the green version. Guess I would have to see it first.

I bet if this was the other way around and green won. You all would be saying you want red version!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I bet if this was the other way around and green won. You all would be saying you want red version!
    if Green Granamyr had won and there was indeed a petition to get a red variant released as well, I wouldn't have bothered to post in a thread that doesn't concern me just for the sake of expressing my preferences.
    Last edited by Crusader; July 23, 2011 at 05:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Count me in for green Granamyr.

I also support this thread turning into a protected discussion, sparing fans of the Alcala version certain kinds of unconstructive statements.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I am passing on the red... I will only buy the GREEN Version... so Mattel better release it

Would you also like Skeletor with white "eyebrows" as well?

After all, it's Alcala's work!
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Would you also like Skeletor with white "eyebrows" as well?

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ift02_full.jpg

After all, it's Alcala's work!
    Yes, I'd like to have a 100% Alcala Skeletor, with the head that was revealed yesterday and the warpainted head as an alternative (since it's not consistent in every comic). And I'd like a long-haired Alcala He-Man as well. And the red Beast Man from He-Man & the Power Sword. And the goblins from Masks of Power.

Anyway, this thread is not about Skeletor. It's only regarding Green Granamyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    if Green Granamyr had won and there was indeed a petition to get a red variant released as well, I wouldn't have bothered to post in a thread that doesn't concern me just for the sake of expressing my preferences.
    I wanted red, I'm glad we're getting red, but I support a green variant, don't see myself dropping $80 on a second granamyr that I don't want, but I do hope you guys get to get it. that's why I'm posting in here even if I don't agree with green being the better colour for him.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I wanted red, I'm glad we're getting red, but I support a green variant, don't see myself dropping $80 on a second granamyr that I don't want, but I do hope you guys get to get it. that's why I'm posting in here even if I don't agree with green being the better colour for him.
    thanks for your support, man !!! it's appreciated

Mattel could justify the variants as a young, strong but arrogant, vibrantly red Granamyr in his prime and an old, decrepit, pale green Granamyr in the autumn of his life.
    Last edited by Crusader; July 23, 2011 at 07:00pm.

I wanted the Alcala green granymyr since I was a kid as well, so count me in please...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I really want a green one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Agreed - I don't mind if they release both to please the green fans, but I always thought the green version looked old and decrepit...
    Thats what I like about the green version
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26