Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Green would've been my choice! Sign me up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I voted for green at the panel, so don't blame me.

Red won and I doubt you guys are going to get Matty to change or even create a variant. That thing is going to be on sale once and that's it. For $80, I'm only buying one.

Good luck though...
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I voted for the green one at the panel as well. Even though I don't mind the red one, and am anxious to see just how he looks, there is just something intriguing about that green Alcala one that just doesn't translate to the red Filmation Granamyr, almost a nobility mixed with weariness.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    By the way, has anybody mentioned that green G. doesn't have wings, while the red one does?
    That wouldn't necessarily be much of a problem. Mattel could make the wings removable, with two plates covering the holes.

If Granamyr will be all Filmation, it's an easy pass. I don't have any interest in that IMO rather bland design. I'd much rather get one of the dragons from "The Dragon Invasion".

Even if the red Granamyr was based on Alcala's design, I most likely take the risc and rather wait for a green-skinned repaint instead of throwing away $ 60.- - 80.- for a figure I don't want.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

i have to say i love Dragon's and odds are i will get him no matter what he looks like *but i will ***** about it if i hate it* but i do like the Alcala's design ALOT more then the toon one...but it would look better with big green wings

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    The design of the red Granamyr sure will be based on the Filmation dragon. The question is how much detail the 4HM are going to put into the figure. It should be at least as detailed as the other creatures (BC, Shadow Beast, etc.).
    The head is the biggest sculpting difference between both versions. So IF there is going to be a green version it should at least feature a different head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    That wouldn't necessarily be much of a problem. Mattel could make the wings removable, with two plates covering the holes.
    That's something they should have thought of regarding Swift Wind...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I wanted him pale Green and yelow....

Those cartoon versions are just poor variations of the original character... Filmation ruined a lot of good concepts making them bright and colorful.
    I think it's really an unfair statement to say Filmation "ruined" lot of concepts. Filmation artists did their job: they made a cool cartoon for kids of that time. And most of times they just worked with what Mattel gave them in terms of references and designs (see Tung lashor).
    All the rest were their own creations, so nobody should call out Filmation for making poor variations of the orginal characters.... when the original character was a Filmation creation, like Granamyr

Of course, I think it should also be obvious that the Granamyr in the minicomic is the same design of the cartoon, but drawn in a more realistic style to fit the Alcala's pages.

That said, I voted red, but I wouldn't mind a green one later on.

As much I'd like everyone to get the version they want it just seems like Granamyr would be a pricey variant. I feel the same way about a variant of the Star Sisters, I'm excited for them but I don't think the line can support expensive variants. Maybe down the line new collectors will come along and need a Granamyr and then Mattel can do a green re-issue.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    They should produce 1/3 green ones.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    The only way I see this working is if Mattel colors half of the original production each color.

If the green version IS released in the future, it should probably be a much smaller production run to help avoid overstock on an $80 item. Mattel would pull the plug on any future $80 items if that happened.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think a good solution might be a preorder system. If enough collectors pre-order a green Granamyr, Mattel will produce an additional amount. If orders don't meet the minimum amount necessary, green Granamyr doesn't happen. But Mattel could claim that at least they tried. Mattel also could actually save some money by producing more Granamyrs from the same mold and only painting the small extra amount green.
    They even could go as far as giving the entire production run (red and green) swappable heads, one being closer to the cartoon portrayal and the other one closer to Alcala's redesign. And as I said before, make the wings removable. Even if the "produced-on-demand" green version didn't happen, Mattel still could cash in on collectors through the extra head, enabling collector to at least get a Granamyr which they still could turn into the Alcala version and repaint by themselves.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; August 11, 2011 at 05:18am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I think a good solution might be a preorder system. If enough collectors pre-order a green Granamyr, Mattel will produce an additional amount. If orders don't meet the minimum amount necessary, green Granamyr doesn't happen. But Mattel could claim that at least they tried. Mattel also could actually save some money by producing more Granamyrs from the same mold and only painting the small extra amount green.
    What about the thermometer idea that was suggested for Castle Grayskull ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    I know it was a small representative sample at SDCC (myself included), but do they have the tallied numbers?

For the sake of arguement, let's say 80% went red and 20% went green.

I am willing to wager 70% of buyers will buy red.
    I am willing to wager 10% of buyers will buy green.
    I am willing to wager 5-10% of buyers will buy both.
    I am willing to wager 10-15% of buyers will buy both to re-sell.

If the paint aps are different in color, BUT the same in number, then there isn't any increase in cost to make more, no?

Mattel will sell more, hardcore fans will buy both, so it's win-win at no cost to Mattel.

If the example I gave showed 80% red and 20% green, make them at a ratio of 4:1. They alone will drive sales of the green one, whether we like it or not.

You don't want green? Great! There's a red one.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Like I posted before, I voted for green at the SDCC panel, but red won. I'm still probably going to get in on it because MOTU, but I'm not going to buy an extra.

For $80, I would advise Mattel not to make it. This guy is not going to sell very well.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I don't know guys... The price point will be an issue with RED Granamyr... a second Granamyr will be a tougher figure to sell, especially with the overwhelming margin of votes that Red got over Green. In a perfect world I'd say do them both... but this is Mattel that we're speaking about... Tooling budgets, Logistics, and whatnot may impede Greenamyr to exist.
    if it's just a repaint, it wouldn't cost as much in tooling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    if it's just a repaint, it wouldn't cost as much in tooling, etc.
    Green Granamyr has no wings: They'd have to either tool a new torso without wings or tool two hole plugs. This would require new tooling budget. (and we've seen how much Mattel whines about that...)
    Also we haven't seen how well Red Granamyr will do to see IF a Green Variant is Logistically worth it... HOPEFULLY it Can be made eventually for the Greenamyr fans...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Green Granamyr has no wings: They'd have to either tool a new torso without wings or tool two hole plugs. This would require new tooling budget. (and we've seen how much Mattel whines about that...)
    Also we haven't seen how well Red Granamyr will do to see IF a Green Variant is Logistically worth it... HOPEFULLY it Can be made eventually for the Greenamyr fans...
    they're so similar that i doubt we'd get a new tooled green granamyr. motuc seems to reuse bodies/parts more than motu.

agree on your other point. if red doesn't do well, there's little hope for green...no matter how much the green fans tell matty that green would have sold better.

I really do hope we get a green Granamyr. It would make sense for them to release it, even if it just a low run, other wise their only going to get one release out of that sculpt/tool and I'm assuming its going to be an expensive sculpt/tool.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'd actually buy two of each color, one to display and one MOC.

I like both versions. But besides being green, would you want the mini-comic version to be wingless as well?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'd actually buy two of each color, one to display and one MOC.

I like both versions. But besides being green, would you want the mini-comic version to be wingless as well?
    i don't have the comic but have we seen him from the back to know he's wingless?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i don't have the comic but have we seen him from the back to know he's wingless?
    The only large and clear full body shot of him is this page (see below). From what I can tell, there are no wings. What would you say? Do you agree?

Also, I was thinking...Other than his helmet, Granamyr doesn't have any accessories. Sure, he could come with some relics or treasure, but that's not too interesting.

How about this as a way to sell both a green and red version...What if the red version of Granamyr came with a Stone Man-At-Arms variant, and the green version of Granamyr came with a Crystal Man-At-Arms variant?

It might bump the price up, or not, depending on what they have planned. But I think that would be pretty cool.

Last edited by King Tamusk; December 1, 2011 at 02:48am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that granamyr is just a green and more detailed filamtion granamyr. if you look at battlecat and panthor and the shadowbeasts they have more detail than their cartoon counterparts, I bet the farm the horsemen will make a red version closer to alcala's than filmation, but maybe with more filmation proportions. And if he comes with wings and they end up making a green one, you can guarantee he will come with wings too, unlike with swift wind, since it's on the back it won't be as jarring to disply.
    Last edited by krosfyah; December 1, 2011 at 04:12pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I am glad that fans of Granamyr's Filmation colors are getting him in red, but honestly for me, his iconic appearance will always be the one from mini-comics That was my first encounter with the character and I loved it ever since. Thus, I am joining the crusade for the green Granamyr
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    +1 for the Green Granamyr!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I just had to bump this thread

green granamyr.jpg
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader