Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Join the Crusade for Green Granamyr: Alcala Idolators unite !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I just had to bump this thread

Attachment 77187
    WOW! He looks so much better in green, please, please do a repaint Matty
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

He looks great in green, but a simple repaint won't do him justice. I think Alcala accurate, new head sculpt would be necessary to capture his iconic mini-comic look. But of course, that would mean he would be a new SKU and thus tough to get. His current head sculpt captures his FILMation appearance perfectly.
    Last edited by THINKOR; July 12, 2012 at 05:44am.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I dont care about the ssculpt..I just want him Green!

Im still gonna get the red one...but Green is the one I want most!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by THINKOR View Post
    He looks great in green, but a simple repaint won't do him justice. I think Alcala accurate, new head sculpt would be necessary to capture his iconic mini-comic look. But of course, that would mean he would be a new SKU and thus tough to get. His current head sculpt captures his FILMation appearance perfectly.
    The neck bothers me the most. Even in Filmation it was thin and slender, this is a bull's neck. The face would definitely benefit from some minor tweeking. I like it as it is, but I was hoping for it to be more worn out, with recessed features, instead of the powerful expression he has right now.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

+1 for me, I'm in.

Can someone do a mock-up in more Gy-Gor green?

I was always baffled when people posted pics of filmation Granamyr as something they wanted. It's one of the worst dragon designs I've ever seen!
    (The minicomic isn't the greatest dragon either by any means, but he's kind of unique and very creepy.)
    I never planned to own it, but then the 4H unveiled this beast, and I was blown away. They really added some minicomic detail, and upped the detail on the filmation aspects. Better wings, and the red colour really makes it look good. It's expensive, but now that I have him in hand, I would take a green version as well. Since it's unlikely to happen as a regular sale item, I'll invoke the magic solution people have been using for everything lately: Make it a pre-order.

btw, in response to older posts in this thread: Alcala >> everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    +1 for me, I'm in.

Can someone do a mock-up in more Gy-Gor green?

I was always baffled when people posted pics of filmation Granamyr as something they wanted. It's one of the worst dragon designs I've ever seen!
    (The minicomic isn't the greatest dragon either by any means, but he's kind of unique and very creepy.)
    I never planned to own it, but then the 4H unveiled this beast, and I was blown away. They really added some minicomic detail, and upped the detail on the filmation aspects. Better wings, and the red colour really makes it look good. It's expensive, but now that I have him in hand, I would take a green version as well. Since it's unlikely to happen as a regular sale item, I'll invoke the magic solution people have been using for everything lately: Make it a pre-order.
    I tried, but green is a tricky colour. The picture looked more vibrant in Photoshop.

A pre-order is indeed the way to go, I think. It doesn't cost them anything to set it up and it would be the easiest way to get a clear estimate of the actual demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    btw, in response to older posts in this thread: Alcala >> everything else
    I couldn't agree more
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Thanks for that, it looks pretty decent actually. Personally I'd prefer a green that looks more like that.

If they fixed all the quality control issues of the red one, I'd love to see a green one.

I would buy another one if it had an extra head so I could display him as a different dragon if I want

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't get another, merely because I don't have a huge attachment to the character and I already have the red one. who knows thought. Maybe Mattel will release him in green at some point.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

This is the one custom I could not wait to make when the body was avaliable, my Green Granamyr! I added the warts on his tail, gave him bigger bags under his eyes, gave him his correct color for the helmet, eyes, nails, and removed his wings just like his mini comic appearance. I made this a week after he was first released and made sure to keep him in my collection ever since.

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I hope fans of the Green Granymyr variant get the option of buying him one day, but for me, paying another 100 bucks for a figure I already have in another colour is right at the very bottom of the priority list, basically in the "never need" category.

Hi Guys

Here is a very cool pic of Green Granamyr.

It's Joe Amato's one. His own custom version of Green Granamyr. Granamyr looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!

59185_10200774727152821_1942287334_n.jpg
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    This is the one custom I could not wait to make when the body was avaliable, my Green Granamyr! I added the warts on his tail, gave him bigger bags under his eyes, gave him his correct color for the helmet, eyes, nails, and removed his wings just like his mini comic appearance. I made this a week after he was first released and made sure to keep him in my collection ever since.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...42287334_n.jpg
    Love it. I'm still in dire need of a mini-comic version...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Love it. I'm still in dire need of a mini-comic version...
    Toyguru mentioned Green Granamyr during the NYCC panel as an example for an out-of-subscription item. He immediately added that he wasn't planned, but still ... my hopes are up again

Toy Guru is always giving that example....that's not the first time !

He knows that high demanded variants like Green Granamyr, cardback Ram Man version and (maybe) Filmation colors Kowl, for example, are all in fans dreams...

I think we lost the chance of some variant releases when DC vs. MOTUC line dropped...so, figures like green Trap Jaw and red Beast Man have less chances than Green Granamyr, for example (IMO) !

Anyway, I am a double and carded collector and one of the only figures I still have an unique sample is Granamyr... I am waiting for the green one

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Toy Guru is always giving that example....that's not the first time !
    I know, I know, but I thought it would make a good excuse for bumping the thread