Thread: Would you buy a digital version of the 2009 SDCC art book?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar

Would you buy a digital version of the 2009 SDCC art book?

At first I was going to Necro-Post an old thread, but felt "old drama" might be reignited...I figured a NEW THREAD would be helpful to avoid that. The past being the past, I want to instead focus on NOW. Besides, this is less to do with discussion of the book, and is more a discussion ABOUT the book it self...

Unfortunately, scans are not legally permissible. Once upon a time, in "The good old days" [*] Scans of the Mini comics where not permitted to even be discussed on these Forums. I'm sure we all remember how hush hush, take it to PM and ask a friend it all was. Getting the Mini comics, felt like buying elicit drugs. LOL :-D Lets face it, The Art Book is the same today as that was then. However, things change. Look how the Mini comics are now and have been so for a number of years, preserved in high resolution for all to share openly in the he-man.org archives! Look how that lead to people wanting This action figure and that action figure. It helped the sales of MOTUC and brought us MORE TOYS then ever before! So how about it, The SDCC 2009 Art Book. Do you think now is the time to get that book scanned and archived to help sales of the DarkHorse book? Why, when He-Man.Org did the fan polls, where variants based on concept art from that book not included? Do you want scans Of the 2009 SDCC art book? I know I do. I would love to be able to make reference to this or that contained in the book and publicly link to it so people know what the heck I'm talking about. Do you think now is the time that This becomes legally permissible to scan as well? If not, why not? I've never understood the legality of it all. It was never sold to the public at large, largely created for charitable purposes and is now out of print and extremely hard to obtain. Why do you think it's illegal to scan this book, but it isn't illegal to scan vintage MOTU books? (because Mattel said so isn't a reason BTW, I'm asking WHY do they "say so")

With the dark Horse book coming out in the near future, scans of this book could help the promotion of that book I think.

[*] there was a site called TheGoodOldDays.somethingorother where we would download them from.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 24, 2014 at 04:52pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

This is a bit off the topic, but I would be happy to buy an official digital copy of the art book. I usually like my books printed, but for some reason with art I tend to prefer digital format.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I disagree actually, That's exactly on topic! I'd happily pay for digital version of this book. It's size would be perfect for viewing on a tablet or phone given it's odd size! Great suggestion. That way, Mattel could stand to make MOAR MONEY! though not too much. How much would you pay? I think $5-$15 would be fair given the page count.

If a current mod/admin wants to change the thread title to "would you buy a digital version of the 2009 SDCC art book" That would be awesome of you!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    If a current mod/admin wants to change the thread title to "would you buy a digital version of the 2009 SDCC art book" That would be awesome of you!
    Done. If I didn't already have a copy of the 2009 art book, I'd consider buying a digital copy.

I've seen it. My feelings were balanced between good and bad. Good because there are some great things inside, bad because of its rarity, the way it was available and moreover its price! I would consider that, $50 was a little bit too much for that book at that time when you see the content. So for a digital copy $10 would be the maximum for me. So to sum up, yes I would buy a digitial copy if it doesn't get higher than $10 because I already know the content and there would be no surprise at all for me (if they add additional content which were not published at that time this would be another story)
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks