HE-MAN: THE ETERNITY WAR
    CURRENT MAXI-SERIES

Issue #08
    "Part Eight: The End of All Fears"

Script: Dan Abnett
    Cover and Art: Pop Mhan
    Colour: Mark Roberts
    Story: Rob David

Blood…blood everywhere! The line between “Masters” and “war criminals” is challenged as the Snake Men throw bodies of Horde troops into burning piles, while Horde forces hack, slash, and blast back Snake Men soldiers.

SPOILERS!

Get your copy from a local comicbook shop or digitally via comiXology!

Did like this one a lot. Most of all that they managed to focus on teh different arcs. It's gaining speed.

And the cameos keep on coming! Big surprise to see Mara, Flipshot, Master Sebrian, Hydron et al. I'm most impressed with the writers even knowing about Drissi, Caz, Gleep and U-R!

Skeletor's betrayal doesn't come as a surprise, but it's done well. Disappointed we didn't get to meet the Great Rebellion, but if She-Ra's still out there, there's every chance we will. From a previous cover, it looked as though Glimmer, Kowl and Madame Razz were trapped as souls, so perhaps She-Ra will need to free them to free (and redeem) herself.

Anyway, nice twists and turns in this one. I also expect the Snake Men alliance to fall foul soon. They seem to have different ideas about justice, compared to the Masters.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Fun is the key word here.

How will adam return to being He-Man?

What's the deal with King Hiss?

How much longer will the Snake Men be allies?

What is Skeletor's game plan?

How can you stop Hordak?

Great issue... I like the revenge on Despara part as well... really interesting future for this comic... I hope it's done right!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Holy Crap!

They just killed off The Galactic Protectors! It was nice seeing the main good guy cast of NA in this universe, if only for a moment. Loo-Kee was there too!

And Skeletor just played She-Ra for a fool.

Teela wasn't acting goddess-like so much. Probably because fate is in flux now.

It's good to see Fisto. I like how burly he's drawn.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

A fun issue. I figured Skeletor would betray She-Ra at some point. It just happened more quickly than I thought it might! Sad to see the NA guys for a couple seconds before they were killed off. Sigh. But, that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to anyone not in the main MOTU cast. LOL.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

He killed off one POSSIBLE future version of Primus. Hordak was showing the Masters the future using the eye of Chrono, and then destroying it to shatter all hope.
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    He killed off one POSSIBLE future version of Primus. Hordak was showing the Masters the future using the eye of Chrono, and then destroying it to shatter all hope.
    That was exactly the point! Hordak just wanted to show to Adam, that he knew about his plans to send his people on a quest for a new world, in case that the things got bad for Eternia. Hordak was all about "dear Adam do you have intentions to save the Eternians, giving them a new home, well just forget it. That's a bad idea!" So yeah, this was just a possible future not the definitive future, since as very well Teela stated now the Future is completely unknown, not even the Goddess can predict what will happen (by the way Adam and Teela work well as "King and Queen" roles here).

Also the idea that Primus is actually a future Eternian colony is awesomely brilliant, because it connects Primus and the NA with the old cartoon, better than the Classics Canon did so far. And now it makes more sense, what NA He-Man said in the introduction of the Jetlag cartoon, that he actually was summoned in the future for saving the last of the Eternian kind "the descendants of his people that he sent away as King for saving them from Eternia's destruction and enslavement".

I will review the issue later, but man that was a great issue by Abnett and David. They add a lot of work and depth to the whole DC MOTU canon bringing together disjointed parts of the vast MOTU mythos and various conflcted continuities to one cohesive story, in a way that actually everything now make sense!

And it would be really sad to watch the DC MOTU comic end with issue #12. I mean now with all these newly introduced possibilities (Primus, Etheria) it will be a shame. By the way Mattel, Hasbro had 3 ongoings for Transformers releashed this week. At least there, they know how to keep their franchises alive!
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 30, 2015 at 11:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    I wasn't so much concerned that they were dead forever, just that it's their only appearance and they are used for canon fodder. Even if it doesn't stick. Not upset about it, as this is a MOTU-focused series. Just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wasn't so much concerned that they were dead forever, just that it's their only appearance and they are used for canon fodder. Even if it doesn't stick. Not upset about it, as this is a MOTU-focused series. Just thought it was funny.
    While I think you're probably right about the NA cast beimy reduced to cameo appearances (like many of the Horde members in this series), Hordak did only destroy an empty planet...

The parents/grandparents/great grandparents of Mara, Drissi, Sebrian et al - whoever they are - still exist on Eternia (assuming they were the only ones to inhabit the planet).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    While I think you're probably right about the NA cast beimy reduced to cameo appearances (like many of the Horde members in this series), Hordak did only destroy an empty planet...

The parents/grandparents/great grandparents of Mara, Drissi, Sebrian et al - whoever they are - still exist on Eternia (assuming they were the only ones to inhabit the planet).
    I don't think that's whats meant to be happening. I think we're supposed to se it as Hordak reaching into the future and destroying Primus? Hordak is showing the heroes all these worlds from across time (I'm assuming it's just the image of them, versus actually pulling them to Eternia) in the sky. Then we see Sebrian and company on the planet. The transformed Castle Grayskull looms above them in the sky as Hordak speaks. And then they are destroyed and the heroes see it in the sky. So, they are destroyed in the future. Hordak even gives a little speech about his mastery over the past, present and future.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't think that's whats meant to be happening. I think we're supposed to se it as Hordak reaching into the future and destroying Primus? Hordak is showing the heroes all these worlds from across time (I'm assuming it's just the image of them, versus actually pulling them to Eternia) in the sky. Then we see Sebrian and company on the planet. The transformed Castle Grayskull looms above them in the sky as Hordak speaks. And then they are destroyed and the heroes see it in the sky. So, they are destroyed in the future. Hordak even gives a little speech about his mastery over the past, present and future.
    Hordak destroyed a possible future Primus. But this is not what should be the definitive cource of the events. Simply because now Adam is aware that his plan to save as many Eternians he could, sending them to Primus, is destined to fail, because Hordak knows it and as proclaimed Master of Time and Space, can reach the Eternians at every corner of the Universe and destroy the every last one of them (Hordak must really hates the Eternians. And it's logical for someone with a huge ego like Hordak, since they are the only people in the Universe that defied him and defeated him). That was the point that Hordak wanted to made to the Eternians with the vision of this possible future that he show them. That there is no escape for them! Not now, not ever! Adam knowing that, now he will have to abbandon the option of the "search for new home", and this future actually will never occur (in fact from the solicitation of the next issue it seems that Adam is thinking to surrender himself to Hordak, in exchange of sparing his people). That doesn't mean of course that the Primus colony will never happen. If Adam succeed on destroying the Eyes of Grayskull, the future will change again, in the same way that changed the moment that he broke the Sword of Power. And possibly the Eternians will look for an alternative option apart from Eternia, without the fear of Hordak this time.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 30, 2015 at 11:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post

Also the idea that Primus is actually a future Eternian colony is awesomely brilliant, because it connects Primus and the NA with the old cartoon, better than the Classics Canon did so far. And now it makes more sense, what NA He-Man said in the introduction of the Jetlag cartoon, that he actually was summoned in the future for saving the last of the Eternian kind "the descendants of his people that he sent away as King from saving them from Eternia's destruction and enslavement".
    This, and Skeletor pulling the rug out from under She-Ra (such a classic Skeletor move, too!) were my two favorite bits from this issue!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

This is the best of the last three issues. Thumbs up!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Okay, so I finally got to read the issue. On the whole it was fun. Nice to see the alliance between the Snake Men and the Masters isn't all rainbows and sunshine, especially now that He-Man is "gone." (Let's be honest, that has temporary written on it in bigger letters than Superman's death. ) The interaction between Skeletor and She-Ra was interesting, though I am left wondering what Skeletor's impetus for betraying She-Ra was. Don't get me wrong, the betrayal was coming, but it seems a bit short sighted on Bone Boy's part. I mean, sure you could say he rescued her so she'd heal him, but it seems just a little wasteful to drag Adora to Etheria for no other reason than story-time and betrayal. Of course one could surmise that giving Despara to the souls she wronged was the only way to convince the other souls to come with him, but why not state that? There was also the drama going on with Adam as he tries to manage situations that came so easily to him as He-Man, plagued now by a sense of self doubt that only rarely seems to show up in his more cavalier character interpretations. Always a difference between having the power and choosing not to use it and out and out being denied it when you want it. Topping it all off was Hordak's rather sadistic display of power as he tries to crush everyone's spirit. I love a villain who goes for theatrics when he can

And I finally found Loo-Kee on my own.

But it wasn't all good, despite what I might have hoped. After waiting eight issues (and endless speculation on my part) I finally got to see the debut of Imp, finally confirming that "yes, he does exist in this continuity." And all I could think was "this is a joke, right?" I realize that as something of a minor supporting character in the original series, Imp probably wasn't going to get to be a major role in the story, and I can accept that. At best I suppose I was holding out hope that he was the spy in the Eternian ranks Catra talked about a few issues ago. But groveling before a Snake Man threatening to kill him as the fallen governor of Eternos? It just seems so... trite. Like they intended to just throw away his appearance. Granted, I am a fan of his, so I'm probably biased in my opinion, but this did sour the issue for me. I guess I can at least take solace in the fact that Imp survived his appearance and thus can show up again, UT it was still a disappointment.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    The interaction between Skeletor and She-Ra was interesting, though I am left wondering what Skeletor's impetus for betraying She-Ra was. Don't get me wrong, the betrayal was coming, but it seems a bit short sighted on Bone Boy's part. I mean, sure you could say he rescued her so she'd heal him, but it seems just a little wasteful to drag Adora to Etheria for no other reason than story-time and betrayal. Of course one could surmise that giving Despara to the souls she wronged was the only way to convince the other souls to come with him, but why not state that?
    I believe that the reason behind Skeletor's betrayal, is the fact that Hordak is gaining power from the souls that he consumes. They were those souls that keep Hordak in life all these years, before he returned to be flesh again. And with Hordak being all mighty right now, maybe this is his only Achilles's heel. Skeletor thinks that if he succeed to cut Hordak from the Vault of Souls, and take controll of the souls himself (something that was shown that Skeletor can do, since he has a necromancer's abilities. Remember that he was able to summon the spirits of Scare Glows that took over Justice League in the crossover), then Hordak will be more vulnerable, and Skeletor will have the upper hand. But in order to take controll of the souls he needs to offer them something. And what better offer from the person that brought more souls to Hordak, than anyone else. At the same time was the best chance to get rid off She-Ra a potential future enemy for him.

- - - Updated - - -

But it wasn't all good, despite what I might have hoped. After waiting eight issues (and endless speculation on my part) I finally got to see the debut of Imp, finally confirming that "yes, he does exist in this continuity." And all I could think was "this is a joke, right?" I realize that as something of a minor supporting character in the original series, Imp probably wasn't going to get to be a major role in the story, and I can accept that. At best I suppose I was holding out hope that he was the spy in the Eternian ranks Catra talked about a few issues ago. But groveling before a Snake Man threatening to kill him as the fallen governor of Eternos? It just seems so... trite. Like they intended to just throw away his appearance. Granted, I am a fan of his, so I'm probably biased in my opinion, but this did sour the issue for me. I guess I can at least take solace in the fact that Imp survived his appearance and thus can show up again, UT it was still a disappointment.
    In my opinion, Imp in this issue was shown as a really high commander in Horde's ranks, since Hordak charged him to rule over the most important city, the Eternian Capitol. It was not Octavia that commanded the Horde's forces on Eternos but Imp! I don't see this as something that diminish him at all. Actually if you asked me is far better than just to be a comic relief, like he was in the Filmation cartoon. As for groveling before the Snake Men, i can't immagine any living being that wouldn't feel fear when these monstrous warriors threatened him with death. Besides i have a feeling that may Imp now will turn against Hordak, after Fisto's interference.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 30, 2015 at 07:35pm.

I believe that the reason behind Skeletor's betrayal, is the fact that Hordak is gaining power from the souls that he consumes. They were those souls that keep Hordak in life all these years, before he returned to be flesh again. And with Hordak being all mighty right now, maybe this is his only Achilles's heel. Skeletor thinks that if he succeed to cut Hordak from the Vault of Souls, and take controll of the souls himself (something that was shown that Skeletor can do, since he has a necromancer's abilities. Remember that he was able to summon the spirits of Scare Glows that took over Justice League in the crossover), then Hordak will be more vulnerable, and Skeletor will have the upper hand. But in order to take controll of the souls he needs to offer them something. And what better offer from the person that brought more souls to Hordak, than anyone else. At the same time was the best chance to get rid off She-Ra a potential future enemy for him.
    I kinda figured as much. It just seemed a little out of character for Skeletor not to spend at least a panel gloating about that, which makes the logical explanation (She-Ra was his price to gain control of the souls) somewhat foggy against what might have been seen as Skeletor tossing away a valuable pawn for giggles. I do hope Adora gets gets a chance to thank her uncle for this little field trip some day, though, especially if she can force him to realize he's the one who made her eventual redemption possible.

In my opinion, Imp in this issue was shown to be a really high commander in Horde's ranks, since Hordak charged him to rule over the most important city, the Eternian Capitol. It was not Octavia that commanded the Horde's forces on Eternos but Imp! I don't see this as something that diminish him at all. Actually if you asked me is far better than just to be a comic relief, like he was in the Filmation cartoon. As for groveling before the Snake Men, i can't immagine any living being that wouldn't feel fear when these monstrous warriors threatened him with death. Besides i have a feeling that may Imp now will turn against Hordak, after Fisto's interference.
    My only problem with that is, as Hordak told She-Of-The-Jaundiced-Toy (and I did like his whole "I get by" line. Classy), he expected Eternos to fall to the Alliance, which means he had the opportunity to pull anyone out he didn't want to sacrifice, which doesn't jive with one of the aspects of their original relationship I thought was most interesting. But I can also see the value of getting your enemies to take a potentially very dangerous prisoner willingly into their camp, so I'm willing to wait and see if anything happens yet. And this isn't the worst case scenario, given what happened to Cringer and Spirit. Just would have liked for a less humiliating debut. Ah well, the future has yet to unfold.

There was one thing I was thinking about though. I know he's basically a sight gag and call back to the old show, but twice now Loo-Kee has shown up in visions of possible futures generated by two separate and powerful entities. This in addition to appearing in the current events (including issue one where it was clearly him trapped in the soul vault). Did Hordak and Teela just put him there to complete their illusions, or is someone saying he's going to be hanging around years after everyone else has gone the way of the dodo?
    Last edited by Asher Tye; July 30, 2015 at 08:18pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I kinda figured as much. It just seemed a little out of character for Skeletor not to spend at least a panel gloating about that, which makes the logical explanation (She-Ra was his price to gain control of the souls) somewhat foggy against what might have been seen as Skeletor tossing away a valuable pawn for giggles.

I have a feeling that Skeletor planned this from the beginning. Trying to gain She-Ra's trust, make her sympathize for him, in order to heal him and turn at full power at first, and then use her for taking controll of the Vault of the Souls. For this reason he kept the "locket card" for last. It was the perfect scheme for taking what he wanted, and She-Ra was the key for assume controll of the souls. Adora should have heard her brother, when warned her, that Skeletor was not to be trusted.

- - - Updated - - -

My only problem with that is, as Hordak told She-Of-The-Jaundiced-Toy (and I did like his whole "I get by" line. Classy), he expected Eternos to fall to the Alliance, which means he had the opportunity to pull anyone out he didn't want to sacrifice, which doesn't jive with one of the aspects of their original relationship I thought was most interesting. But I can also see the value of getting your enemies to take a potentially very dangerous prisoner willingly into their camp, so I'm willing to wait and see if anything happens yet. And this isn't the worst case scenario, given what happened to Cringer and Spirit. Just would have liked for a less humiliating debut. Ah well, the future has yet to unfold.

There was one thing I was thinking about though. I know he's basically a sight gag and call back to the old show, but twice now Loo-Kee has shown up in visions of possible futures generated by two separate and powerful entities. This in addition to appearing in the current events (including issue one where it was clearly him trapped in the soul vault). Did Hordak and Teela just put him there to complete their illusions, or is someone saying he's going to be hanging around years after everyone else has gone the way of the dodo?
    Hordak now that he believed himself omnipotent, would have sacrificed anyone, no matter how important would be to him, in order to advance his plans. And even if he wanted Eternos to be taken back by the Eternian Forces, he also didn't want to reveal his intention to his enemies, so that his final surprise would fall far more heavy upon them. For this reason Eternos was well guarded, and it has fallen after a hard battle. From this issue it appeared, that the city has been defended by Monstroids, thousands of troopers, Horde air forces and war machines, high ranked officers like Octavia, and of cource the city's governor Imp. Didn't seem that Hordak pull anyone back from the forces that defend the city, because he didn't want to give at the Eternians any chance to suspect his real intentions, even if Adam at the end realized that something was wrong, since Hordak himself didn't appear in the battlefield.

As for Loo-Kee, from what we saw so far, i guess is somekind of an entity that lives beyond space and time, that can appear anywhere, anytime.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 30, 2015 at 09:56pm.

As for Loo-Kee, from what we saw so far, i guess is somekind of an entity that lives beyond space and time, that can appear anyewhere, anytime.
    Hmm, sounds like I need to pull out my back issues and see if I can't find anything near him that looks like a TARDIS.

Really solid story this issue.

I'm glad that they spared Imp (story-wise). Killing him would have reeked of the crass "we hate the old goofy characters, don't we!" vibe that crops up far too often. Still, I have to say that it was pretty satisfying to get a depiction of a beat-up and bloody Imp who was begging for his life.

Skeletor's betrayal of She-Ra was perfect except that his "goodbye" should have been followed by his trademark cackling laugh.

Seeing Primus and the NA characters was SUPER-cool! Sure they got destroyed, but let's just keep holding on to the narrative about possible futures. I can't help but see it as fan-service, however . . .

Overall, this is great, great stuff. My mind would have been blown if this is the MoTU media I had as a kid. My Goddess, do I ever want to see these designs in the toyline!
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

This was a great issue! Lots of action and drama.

Skeletor's betrayal was expected, but still love the way it was pulled off. It will be interesting to see how She-Ra gets out of Despondos!

Hordak blowing up Primus was certainly the "HOLY ****!" moment in the issue . I loved the all-too-brief cameos of our Galactic Protectors, even though it was as cannon fodder.

With Hordak in so much control of past, present, and future, it will be interesting to see how the heroes are able to defeat him.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I loved the issue. For my full review please check out my recorded real time reaction to reading Skeletor's betrayal and Hordak's Checkmate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=larzCyTk59I

NA hater wish fulfillment huh? I'm sure He-man will fix that once he wins right?

I think my biggest concern over all is that we have all these issues, all these pages of comics, more then we have EVER gotten before! Yet all these characters only get cameos...Can we develop them more then a page or panel at a time? I'm more then OK with the Primary cast taking a backseat to flesh out the other Masters of the Universe. Vintage and 200X did it all the time! Some of my favorite vintage stories hardly even included He-man besides the obligatory transformation and final saving of the day. I know we only have a few issues left in this story. Hopefully, if the series continues next year we can get some development of the B,C,D & Z list characters.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 1, 2015 at 03:55am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    After rereading issue #8, final thoughts and review (warning Spoilers ahead!!)

- The opening Battle of Eternos, through Adam's dream is very well handled, with a lot of great cameos. Adam here has proven that now he is not He-Man and he can't to win a battle all alone, is actually a great tactician and millitary leader like his father and his mentor. But also we see that Adam is still tormented by his father's death by King Hsss.
    - The scene with Imp has a lot going on. It shows that the Snake Men, have a complete different philosophy, when it comes to justice and treating a defeated enemy, believing to a more vengeful "eye for an eye" concept of justice. Also it seems that they are more willing (or used to) follow a leader, that demonstrates Power and raw strength in battlefield, rather than someone that prefer a more strategical approach. I have a feeling that this will be eventually a really serious issue in this fragile alliance (if of course the series continue). Fisto's interference here is great, not only because he saves Imp, but mainly because it's showing that the Masters even in these critical hours for them, don't abbandon their principles, and they remain loyal to their King. I really love Fisto here! Great character moment and perhaps my favorite appearance from any Master, in the Eternity War!
    - I love the scene between Adam and Teela! Finally a Teela that is supportive, caring and foremost human, and not just the Sorceress. Also this was a great character moment for Adam, perhaps one of the best written by Dan Abnett. I' m talking about an Adam that feels vulnerable, inadeguated, hopeless, and desperate, but at the same time deadly worried and caring for his sister's and mentor's fate. About a leader that desperately searching a solution to save his people, giving them a chance for a new beginning, away from the wars, genocide, or slavery. In a word an Adam that feels more "human" than ever was depicted before, that he deals with his "mortality" when he got a cold. There are also a couple of minor details that i loved here. First one it's the respect of continuity, with Adam ordering to use the Horde airships and technology, so his people can leave Eternia and search a new home to the stars. From issue #2 we know that Duncan and Roboto have been the first Eternians that went in space so it's clear that they didn't have the technology for travel in space, before the Horde's invasion. It's great to remind that here. Second is this little moment, with Adam using a curtain for making a cloth, to warm himself. It shows how hard the life has been for the Eternians through this war.
    - Hordak is an awesomely great villain in this issue. Giving to his enemies a small taste of hope, a brief moment of victory, only for crashing their moral and hopes moments later, informing them that everything has been in vain, that there is no escape for them, not now, not ever, it's cruel, sadistic and strategically incredible move! Also he gave one of the most "classy" answers ever heard by any villain at Evil-Lyn's comment about how great he is: "I get by"! Hordak, you magnificent charmer!
    - Already commented about Skeletor's betrayal and his manipulation towards She-Ra. Another great line delivered by a villain here "didn't i warn you to stay back". Between Hordak, Skeletor and Hsss, Abnett created an amazing villain trio. They are not only deadly competent, but also diabolically manipulating, intelligent, badass, and classy. They play with the heroes like they are toys. Really i can't see how on Eternia, He-Man, She-Ra , Teela and Co. will manage to get out from the impossible situations and odds, that Hordak, Skeletor and Hsss created for them. The only hope is that these three also hate each other, so they will eventually try to destroy the competition, lol.
    -In this scene also Skeletor was not only manipulating, but he manifest his cruelty as well. Even if he looked shaken by the news of Shadow Weaver's death, the fact that he left the souls that Adora as Despara delivered to Hordak to torment her as a twisted punishment in Despondos, was really cruel. Why he may be so evil here? Did he blame Adora as the reason that Shadow Weaver did not follow him, when he escaped from Hordak? Did he know that Adora destroyed his mother? I guess we shall see in the future issues.
    -Again Shadow Weaver has proven to be a really tragic character. She was her, that helped Skeletor to see his fate and save him from it. She really loved and assisted Adora and Skeletor, the family that she couldn't have, and at the end she sacrificed her life for them.
    - The Primus idea being an Eternian future colony as i said again, it's brilliant and connects tightly the NA chapter, as a whole new part of the Eternian saga!
    - And finally this issue ended with a fantastic cliffhanger!

Two things only that need to be addressed:
    - First Skeletor's plan with the Vault of Souls, as Asher Tye very well pointed out, needs to be better clarified, because it's not clear why and how Skeletor could use the souls against Hordak and why offering She-Ra, to the souls, was vital for it?
    - And second why we can't see all the Masters gathered in battle or after, and only one or two of them each time? Fisto's appearance in this issue was great, and left me want to see more of them

Overall a great issue, perhaps with issue #5, my favorites of the Eternity War so far! Lots of action, character moments, twists, betrayal, an Adam never shown before so vulnerable, and a Hordak and a Skeletor that stole the show! Fantastic artwork by Pop Mhan and Mark Roberts and great story by Dan Abnett and Rob David. Well done!
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 1, 2015 at 07:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Another great issue IMHO! I know that Skeletor is always treacherous but I must admit his betrayal of She-Ra surprised me. Still it is so typical of Skeletor. And Hordak really looks like the ultimate evil, raising the stakes higher than any other MOTU tale before. The cameos really show how knowledgeable the team is about MOTU history, even if we only get a quick glimpse. I think the final issues of this arc will really show why Adam was chosen to be He-Man in the first place, which really goes back to the first miniseries. I really hope this series continues after Eternity War and/or inspires Mattel and DC to make a He-Man direct-to-dvd animated movie. Great stuff!

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Two things only that need to be addressed:
    - First Skeletor's plan with the Vault of Souls, as Asher Tye very well pointed out, needs to be better clarified, because it's not clear why and how Skeletor could use the souls against Hordak and why offering She-Ra, to the souls, was vital for it?
    Given how ineffective the Power of Grayskull was for She-Ra in fending off the souls and in preventing her from being carried off I would say the souls can do exactly the same to Hordak and any of his minions. In other words the souls would render Hordak incapable of taking action if they are released without warning. In the ensuing chaos following their release Skeletor would have a short window of time to enact whatever his plan is.

Possible plans might be to grab Hordak's power sword and use it to kill Hordak or to break his power sword and release Hordak's hold on the Power of Grayskull. But perhaps his real intention will be more selfish. He might forge his own Power Sword to claim the Power of Grayskull and re-make Castle Grayskull (with the Eyes of Grayskull) in his image. If he succeeds he knows he would be virtually unstoppable and could rightly claim to be the saviour of Eternia and it's people, and the rightful heir to the Power of Grayskull. And so would start his long reign as ruler of Eternia and Master of the Universe. This might be why She-Ra had to be out of the way as she would have had a very good chance of stopping him or slowing him down sufficiently that Hordak would take action against him.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80
    - And second why we can't see all the Masters gathered in battle or after, and only one or two of them each time? Fisto's appearance in this issue was great, and left me want to see more of them
    I think this is a simple case of the Masters being too few in number and needing to be assigned to bolster the morale and fighting capability of military units. Their solitary presence in units helping to prevent a general collapse in Eternian forces given the series of defeats they have faced against the Horde.
    Last edited by Robin Hood; August 3, 2015 at 02:33am.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller