Thread: Where can I learn more about Preternia?

Widget

Where can I learn more about Preternia?

Hi there,

born in 78 I grew up with the vintage toys, love them. Sold them, bought them back at the bay...who didn't?

I stick to the vintage series, since I do not want to get hooked on MOTUC or other lines...that alone is tough :-)

Of course my He-Man world was based on the toys and the filmation cartoon series. Prince Adam turns into He-Man and so on.

When I saw some old mini comics, I started too love the idea of green goddess, the barbarian style He-Man and the "jungle" story.

My question is, where can I learn more about the preterian era? Is there a competent source or is everything just a mixture of fan art, fan stories and the several lines?

Thanks a lot.
    Bugbomber

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbomber View Post
    When I saw some old mini comics, I started too love the idea of green goddess, the barbarian style He-Man and the "jungle" story.

My question is, where can I learn more about the preterian era? Is there a competent source or is everything just a mixture of fan art, fan stories and the several lines?

Thanks a lot.
    Bugbomber
    Just to clear something. The term Preternia is mostly used for the ancient events happening in-world for the characters. Like about He-Ro or Eldor who existed long ago with dinosaurs and Giants.
    (Or if we go by 2002 canon, during the preternian time, there is King Grayskull)

But did you mean that you were interested in the early savage tales of MOTU? Before Filmation? (including first couple waves of minicomics, tape+books, golden storybooks...)

Jukka's correct. "Preternia" is a concept that was developed near the end of the original toyline/minicomics, about Eternias past and the toys of the late 80s (1987 I think) were going to head in that direction.

What it sounds like you are after is the original storyline for MOTU from 1982, before the Filmation cartoons came along and changed everything. This era is known as the "Pre-Filmation Era" or "Miniternia". Theres a great thread devoted to it here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=miniternia

Court Magician
    This era is known as the "Pre-Filmation Era"
    A good label . It would have been nice to only have one era . I did not like Filmation doing one thing and Toys and comics doing another . Seemed less Pre and more Post filmation futuristic / apocalypse Eternia timeline . At least thats how my brain kinda gelled it all together .

Any new toys you "dont see" in Post Filmation means they died in the Filmation Wars . OOH RAH !!!
    Last edited by Lokus; January 4, 2017 at 04:15am.