Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TOY MASTERS (He-Man documentary) preview

I was just surprised that they said that nobody provided/sent them any MotU commercials when they asked for them. Does anybody else find that strange?

Then again this was a while back ago so hopefullly there will be some vintage MotU commercials in the finished product (icing on the cake).
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

It is almost like this thing is dead . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Something that would be cool to see (And hear) someone probably said something (or did) to de-rail this...

Sad this would have been cool....

Making independent documentaries is a long, expensive process. Lulls like this are perfectly normal. I wouldn't worry too much. They are probably just editing/fine tuning it.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard
    It is almost like this thing is dead . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Something that would be cool to see (And hear) someone probably said something (or did) to de-rail this...

Sad this would have been cool....
    I just heard from both Corey and Roger, and the movie is not derailed by any means!

These guys are also busy with many other projects but rest assured that it's still being fine-tuned and worked on. They'll have more updates soon. Keep an eye on their FB page.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I just heard from both Corey and Roger, and the movie is not derailed by any means!

These guys are also busy with many other projects but rest assured that it's still being fine-tuned and worked on. They'll have more updates soon. Keep an eye on their FB page.
    Thanks for the update Penny!

I occasionally stop by here just to check on this doc's progress. Appreciate the news!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Just noticed Toy Masters got a mention the other day in an interview with Roger Lay Jr. for a Star Trek website. He mentions it's in post-production, so maybe it isn't vaporware after all!
    1983 Forever!

I hope this comes out soon. I want to see this

Fingers crossed it would be coming by end of this year.

So.. No news about this project?

I checked their website but nothing new. Why don't they at last put on internet what was shown during Power-Con, SDCC and Fantasia International Film Festival (even a paying video)? This documentary was supposed to be released in 2012. I think a new trailer will bring light again on this project. I can't believe this project is over, not after all this time, efforts and money spent on it.
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

If I was looking forward to seeing this before, now that Lou has passed I'm even more eager. It'll be so nice to hear his voice again and see him talking about some of the troubles they were faced with bringing He-Man to screens (because it clearly seems like there were significant tugs-of-war going on).

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    If I was looking forward to seeing this before, now that Lou has passed I'm even more eager. It'll be so nice to hear his voice again and see him talking about some of the troubles they were faced with bringing He-Man to screens (because it clearly seems like there were significant tugs-of-war going on).
    "were"? looking at the date of the OP I wonder if that game is unending.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; January 4, 2014 at 11:04pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

On Facebook the last update comes from

October 28th, 2013
    Exciting meeting with editing great Mike Nichols ("The Last Play At Shea") to put the spit and polish into our graphics, pictures, and clips, and to brainstorm about the fun finishing touches to make this the best looking movie for you guys to watch. Things are happening!

Hope we get an update by/at Power-Con. Had a friend asking me what ever happened to this film.

Hey guys check out my interview with Roger Lay Jr. and Corey Landis (The Directors of the movie)
    They said that they want to show the movie in theaters at shows before they release it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

http://toy-lines.com/toymasters-have-the-power/

Enjoy
    Check us out at www.Toy-Lines.com
    Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/toyshelfmagazine
    Follow us on Twitter - Toy-Lines

Thanks for looking

Interesting! From the trailer it seems like it's an ugly story and I'm curious as to why Roger Sweet isn't talking with them anymore. Interested in reading his book before this comes out. But, I do agree that this franchise was comprised of many talented people and not just one. I hope to see some things on Tony Guerrero.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
    Interesting! From the trailer it seems like it's an ugly story and I'm curious as to why Roger Sweet isn't talking with them anymore. Interested in reading his book before this comes out. But, I do agree that this franchise was comprised of many talented people and not just one. I hope to see some things on Tony Guerrero.
    Well I heard from a very reliable source that Roger Sweet wanted to edit ToyMasters and the Directors said "No" to Sweet's request. Sweet believes that he will be shown unfairly in the movie.
    Both directors have reached out to Roger Sweet but he sent them a letter stating that he no longer wants to be associated with the movie.
    Check us out at www.Toy-Lines.com
    Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/toyshelfmagazine
    Follow us on Twitter - Toy-Lines

Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Toy-Lines View Post
    Well I heard from a very reliable source that Roger Sweet wanted to edit ToyMasters and the Directors said "No" to Sweet's request. Sweet believes that he will be shown unfairly in the movie.
    Both directors have reached out to Roger Sweet but he sent them a letter stating that he no longer wants to be associated with the movie.
    If this is true I hope it doesn't hurt the integrity of the film.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
    While filming interviews for the documentary, the filmmakers found a difference of opinion around which they could frame the narrative, and that they could exploit to build interest in the film. They would interview Sweet, then show some of the footage to Taylor and film his reaction. Then they would show some of the reaction footage to Sweet and try to film his reaction. When it became obvious that this sensationalist angle is what the filmmakers wanted to pursue instead of the straight-forward documentary they approached him about, he said that he no longer wanted to be a part of it. The film was supposed to be released two years ago, and as can be gleaned from the above interview, they decided not to pursue this angle afterall, and had to find a new way to structure the narrative of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Toy-Lines View Post
    Hey guys check out my interview with Roger Lay Jr. and Corey Landis (The Directors of the movie)
    They said that they want to show the movie in theaters at shows before they release it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

http://toy-lines.com/toymasters-have-the-power/

Enjoy
    @ the She-Ra part being left on the cutting room floor. Hopefully this DVD extra actually happens.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I believe all the creators of motu had some role in the creation. When some one puts so much time and effort into creating something so great ; that certain individuals will want to take more credit in denial of everyone else who helped work on the project. I kind of side with mark Taylor and Ted mayor more than others for laying down the basic foundation; since they were pushing out most of the concept art. I think it's a little sad that there is so much bad blood between all of them. I really want to see this film, it looks like it is filled with great research and discoveries. I really enjoyed the clips of Lou Scheimer horrified of the ball buster being presented in cartoon.

I just watched the trailer again... I could't stop laughing! Everyone is such a character! I cannot wait for this!!!

aww man, I want to see this!!

This looks like it is going to be AMAZING. Can't wait!
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com