Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TOY MASTERS (He-Man documentary) preview

I have to admit ignorance about this project.
    Emiliano has mentioned something about it to me a couple times.
    But I haven't seen any posts about it here and no one has contacted me or this site.
    So I'm clueless about it.

I imagine there's no way they wouldn't notify He-Man.org as this is their target audience.
    So I'm guessing when they are closer to a launch, they'll start spreading news to all the major sites.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is BIG! Wow what a project, it looks fantastic.
    This is even better than the DVD extras. I hope they finish it.
    It's a fans dream come true.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

hey Last year the director Roger Lay Jr was interviewed by chris vint on Masters of the Universe Chronicles about this project !

here the link http://popculturenetwork.com/article...00711194623378

I can't wait to see this!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    hey Last year the director Roger Lay Jr was interviewed by chris vint on Masters of the Universe Chronicles about this project !

here the link http://popculturenetwork.com/article...00711194623378
    Well, that explains that.
    There's a handful of Chronicles I still haven't listened to and that's one of them.
    I'm caught up on MastersCast, but behind on Chronicles and a few other podcasts I listen to.

Holy crap! This all feels like it's leading into some big relaunch with a new live-action movie and/or a cartoon. I'll look for this on Facebook.

EDIT: lmao! Looks like I had a Facebook invite from this group that I didn't bother checking.

Yay!!! Best news of the day!!!

(Can't wait for this thing to come out.)

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    We got the story on the MOTU live action T.V. show that never happened and visual proof of it's development. Exciting stuff exclusive to Toy Masters documentary.
    WHAT?!

Ok, I'm utterly speechless... this is AMAZING.
    I can't right now. I am done smoking gun.

Widget
    Hey, everyone. I just saw this thread and wanted to say 'hello'. I'm one of the producer-writers working on the documentary. We certainly view folks on this forum as a group that we want to please with the movie. We are counting on you all to get the word out when the time comes, as you are the go-to forum for MOTU. We're coming to this project as fans--not of the superfan variety like you all, but big fans, nonetheless. So, we're aiming to do the best job we can including everything we--and you--would want to see out of a documentary about He-Man. We're bound to disappoint almost everyone at least in some small respect, because the story is SO BIG, with so many different avenues, alleyways, and unique story-lines. We're still figuring out what the movie is going to be. We know that we want to include as much inside stuff as possible while still making it interesting for a wide audience--an audience that isn't necessarily even interested in MOTU. So, it's possible that some in-depth details may be sacrificed for the overall story, but that's the same with any creative endeavor. Suffice it to say, we have hours and hours of great interviews, and they will wind up somewhere, most likely DVD extras and web clips. So, everything that we've gathered will be shared with you all in some way, eventually. It's been fascinating talking to all these amazing people, and we look forward to being able to show stuff to you--the most discerning and eager portion of our potential audience.

I know when news like this comes up, the excitement is mixed with a little suspicion and skepticism, which is understandable. I just wanted to drop by, say hello, and try to assure you that we're coming at this from a fan perspective, and we welcome any questions or comments as the production goes on. It's going to be a little while before we have anything ready to show, and even then, as we're doing this all on spec, we don't know what the future of the film will be. But we hope with the buzz and excitement folks like you can generate, our movie, once complete, will find a proper home so that you all can get to see it.

In the meanwhile, I'll be checking in here and Facebook if anyone wants to chat about stuff. Thanks so much for your excitement and support! It keeps us going when we're slugging gear around for the hundredth time, asking ourselves, "why are we doing this?!".

Thanks, and be well!

CL

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Holy crap! This all feels like it's leading into some big relaunch with a new live-action movie and/or a cartoon.
    Please don't jump to conclusions likes this.
    These guys are clearly doing a work of passion. This isn't some Mattel sanctioned thing. And it's better that it's not, because that's the only way you're going to get creative freedom to do the best documentary possible.
    Which leads us to Corey's awesome post...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Landis View Post
    Hey, everyone. I just saw this thread and wanted to say 'hello'. I'm one of the producer-writers working on the documentary.
    Hi Corey, and welcome to the forums!

I appreciate your honesty and candidness. For me personally, you've said all the things that make it clear that you are dedicated to creating the best documentary possible.
    You've laid out all the realistic expectations and there are no false impressions. You're being very respectful to this site and the fans here and their level of passion.
    I am now very excited about this.

Please contact Emiliano and myself to discuss things in detail about how the Org and Toy Masters can work together to help you guys get the word out.
    Thanks!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Hey, everyone. I just saw this thread and wanted to say 'hello'. I'm one of the producer-writers working on the documentary. We certainly view folks on this forum as a group that we want to please with the movie. We are counting on you all to get the word out when the time comes, as you are the go-to forum for MOTU.
    Hi Corey, welcome to the Org! Please keep us posted on developments with the movie. The photos so far look fantastic.

welcome to he-man .org corey is great you are a member

I just want to thank you for this project, we are very happy about this and has our full support
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; January 21, 2011 at 12:44pm.

Cool that you posted C.L. Greatly appreciated. Don't be a stranger. We're your supporters over here.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

Hey, everyone. I just saw this thread and wanted to say 'hello'. I'm one of the producer-writers working on the documentary. We certainly view folks on this forum as a group that we want to please with the movie. We are counting on you all to get the word out when the time comes, as you are the go-to forum for MOTU. We're coming to this project as fans--not of the superfan variety like you all, but big fans, nonetheless. So, we're aiming to do the best job we can including everything we--and you--would want to see out of a documentary about He-Man. We're bound to disappoint almost everyone at least in some small respect, because the story is SO BIG, with so many different avenues, alleyways, and unique story-lines. We're still figuring out what the movie is going to be. We know that we want to include as much inside stuff as possible while still making it interesting for a wide audience--an audience that isn't necessarily even interested in MOTU. So, it's possible that some in-depth details may be sacrificed for the overall story, but that's the same with any creative endeavor. Suffice it to say, we have hours and hours of great interviews, and they will wind up somewhere, most likely DVD extras and web clips. So, everything that we've gathered will be shared with you all in some way, eventually. It's been fascinating talking to all these amazing people, and we look forward to being able to show stuff to you--the most discerning and eager portion of our potential audience.

I know when news like this comes up, the excitement is mixed with a little suspicion and skepticism, which is understandable. I just wanted to drop by, say hello, and try to assure you that we're coming at this from a fan perspective, and we welcome any questions or comments as the production goes on. It's going to be a little while before we have anything ready to show, and even then, as we're doing this all on spec, we don't know what the future of the film will be. But we hope with the buzz and excitement folks like you can generate, our movie, once complete, will find a proper home so that you all can get to see it.

In the meanwhile, I'll be checking in here and Facebook if anyone wants to chat about stuff. Thanks so much for your excitement and support! It keeps us going when we're slugging gear around for the hundredth time, asking ourselves, "why are we doing this?!".

Thanks, and be well!

CL
    Since the stuff that gets cut from the documentary will end up in either special features or on youtube, then hardly anyone will be disappointed.

Thank you guys for making this!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Please don't jump to conclusions likes this.
    These guys are clearly doing a work of passion. This isn't some Mattel sanctioned thing. And it's better that it's not, because that's the only way you're going to get creative freedom to do the best documentary possible.
    To be fair, I never said it was definitely going to lead to a live-action movie and/or cartoon. I'm sorry if anyone took what I said two posts back as gospel. hehe That post was just my personal feeling, based on the description for this documentary, which states that it will feature interviews with key creative personnel behind every version of the toy line. (presumably this includes MOTUC as well) To me, that statement makes it seem as if some current Mattel employees were interviewed or there are plans for it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Hi Corey, and welcome to the forums!

I appreciate your honesty and candidness. For me personally, you've said all the things that make it clear that you are dedicated to creating the best documentary possible.
    You've laid out all the realistic expectations and there are no false impressions. You're being very respectful to this site and the fans here and their level of passion.
    I am now very excited about this.

Please contact Emiliano and myself to discuss things in detail about how the Org and Toy Masters can work together to help you guys get the word out.
    Thanks!
    Definitely feel the same way!

Major props for keeping it real, Corey! And glad to see you registered on the .org!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Where will this be showing? In Theatres? TV? Straight to DVD? Internet site only? Will it also be uploaded onto YouTube?
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; January 21, 2011 at 10:05pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Corey is there any chance you could mention the mystery of Wonder Bread He-Man aka Savage He-Man in the documentary, even if it's as a DVD exclusive special feature or something?

This may be a chance to have the mystery solved.

This is awesome news!
    I can't wait to see this when it's finished!
    Awesome sticker included!

Most awesome! I'm definately going to see the documentary when it comes out.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Corey is there any chance you could mention the mystery of Wonder Bread He-Man aka Savage He-Man in the documentary, even if it's as a DVD exclusive special feature or something?

This may be a chance to have the mystery solved.
    Wonder Bread He-Man?? What's that??

Just kidding.

The mystery will be at the very least addressed, if not solved satisfactorily.

CL

Just kidding.

CL
    Child hush yo mouth. That's great that you would even acknowledge The Savage He-Man. This might have been asked earlier. What platform is this movie be presented to the public. Theater realease, direct DVD, Beta max ,8 track....?
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

documentaries are usually released on a limited number of theaters, they are shown at festivals and then they are released on DVD.

a question for corey, did you have in mind an interview with Dolph lundgren or frank langella at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    documentaries are usually released on a limited number of theaters, they are shown at festivals and then they are released on DVD.

a question for corey, did you have in mind an interview with Dolph lundgren or frank langella at some point?
    Don't forget John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer!

Just kidding.

CL
    Most excellent. Thank you for doing this documentary!