Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TOY MASTERS (He-Man documentary) preview

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    BCI did contact Mr. Oppenheimer and Mr. Erwin for the documentaries. For the longest time, their respective agents declined their participation. Some money-issues were also at affect, if I remember correctly.

BCI did manage to get Alan for the Secret of the Sword -commentary.
    I really would love to see Mr. Erwin on the documentary- you barely ever hear anything about him. Love when Alan Oppenheimer busts out his Skeletor impression in interviews-- it would be fantastic to hear the 'ol He-man voice again. Wonder if he's still got it? Sounded pretty good for that one Family Guy episode! --though brief as anything. Is there even any written interviews about him talking about working on the He-man series?

Widget
    Agents are the source of screwing lots of stuff up, especially when it has to do with money--or lack of it. Agents are reluctant to even let clients know sometimes about offers if the projects don't pay, even if it's something they'd want to do or would be good for their career. It was quite a process to get to Alan, but once we did, he was completely friendly and eager to talk to us. His issues with getting paid seem to stem either from his agent or his irritation with his lack of residuals, not from any general "moneygrubbing".

From what we hear, Mr. Erwin's non-participation has to do with his not wanting to let the fans down when they see that he doesn't actually resemble He-Man. Roger (my production partner) talked to Melendy Britt personally, but that's a story for him to tell. Suffice it to say, we don't anticipate hearing from her. But one never knows.

CL

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Landis View Post
    From what we hear, Mr. Erwin's non-participation has to do with his not wanting to let the fans down when they see that he doesn't actually resemble He-Man.
    Just tell him that he's (and always shall be) He-Man to us despite his look and age.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    BCI did contact Mr. Oppenheimer and Mr. Erwin for the documentaries. For the longest time, their respective agents declined their participation. Some money-issues were also at affect, if I remember correctly.

BCI did manage to get Alan for the Secret of the Sword -commentary.
    i was shocked to see him during the commentary shoot for the She-Ra DVDS in Burbank (nice Guy by the way ). I had herd Allen and Erwin were not going to do any of the BCI DVDs because of money issues .

From what we hear, Mr. Erwin's non-participation has to do with his not wanting to let the fans down when they see that he doesn't actually resemble He-Man.
    CL
    I wonder if that's why the net is practically void of any pictures of him. That's a real shame. Erwin is more of a father figure to us now as grown-ups than a "muscle bound fool"-- Guy's a legend-- he could be 800 pounds and 2 feet tall and I'd still see him as the he-man I grew up with.
    Just to hear him talk about his old role would be a real treat.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is great news indeed!!

From what we hear, Mr. Erwin's non-participation has to do with his not wanting to let the fans down when they see that he doesn't actually resemble He-Man. Roger (my production partner) talked to Melendy Britt personally, but that's a story for him to tell. Suffice it to say, we don't anticipate hearing from her. But one never knows.
    CL
    that's a shame. i really hope you guys can change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    that's a shame. i really hope you guys can change his mind.
    I hope so too!

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    That's John Erwin

DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

That's one of the two classic shots I've seen of him-- does something about that pic scream Star Wars to anyone else? He seems like a nice guy!
    Anyone on the filmation staff ever talk about his personality or what he was like to work with? Thanks for sharin'!

Looking forward to the Toy Masters documentary so much! The pics that have been presented so far are amazing. To Corey Landis and crew-- keep up the fantastic work!

Oppenheimer's done a load of TV work so everyone knows what he looks like, but it's great to put a face to John Erwin after all these years.

Don't know what he's embarrassed about. I think most people here would sooner shake his hand than show any kind of disappointment.

I look forward to this documentary.

CL
    I don't care if Mr. Erwin looks like a less attractive version of Uncle Fester, I'd love to see an interview with him. I'm sure most fans feel the same way. His voice made Filmation's show for me more than any other part. It was the perfect blend of hero, humor, warmth, and parent.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    There's nothing wrong with him based on that pic. He looks like a sitcom dad.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 10, 2011 at 06:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Widget

TOY MASTERS (He-Man documentary) preview

The TOY MASTERS Comic-Con preview will go live on YouTube and the Facebook page at 8pm PST this Saturday. For those of you at Comic-Con, keep your eyes peeled at trailer events, etc., for live screenings of the preview. Roger and I will be around, as well as attending the He-Man.org event, handing out postcards and spreading the word.

Toy Masters Documentary Preview Live On YouTube (Preview)

Rate, Favorite, Comment.

Widget

wow

oh my god - who knew the guys behind the toys were so grumpy

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Look awesomely entertaining!!! I really cant wait to see it in full now1!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Look awesomely entertaining!!! I really cant wait to see it in full now1!
    What he said!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Rate, Favorite, Comment.
    wow. this looks awesome!

just shows you how successful a new idea can be... drives me crazy.
    i am a toy designer, and work for an inventor thats constantly pitching things and im ALWAYS telling him we need to do an original idea. no one wants to take chances anymore.

back to my littlest pet shop designs.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

This looks unbelievably well done. Props to the guys for actually digging up the dirt and getting what looks to be an incredibly interesting story. Glad to see this is being done right.

I did not realize these people were this bitter, even if I knew there is some argument about who created He-man. The trailer feels a bit sensation driven, but I guess it is in order to get people interested.

I do hope this conflict is not the main focus of the actual document as there is so much more to whole story, I am sure.

Epic! Pure history...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh my goodness! I knew they disagreed at who created He-Man, but I didn't know they wanted to murder each other in the street! Those were some tense moments. Aren't BOTH of these guys going to Power Con? I hope nothing happens!

The video looks good though. I was surprised to see Lou Scheimer a bit grumpy in that clip! He's always so kind, happy and upbeat!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Where can u buy it

Heroic Warrior
    This looks amazing. Can't wait for it!