Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forget the Wind Raider, make the next vehicle THE COLLECTOR.

I think the way to do this as a toy is to have that skull "face plate" be removable. You pop it off, and inside is a seat for you to place your Skeletor figure. Pop the skull face plate back on (have the eyes be a translucent yellow plastic)... and there you go! It would be unrealistic to expect this thing to be a proper cartoon accurate scale- but as a one-seater flying vehicle, with no interior? As long as it has the outer features we all know and love... it would be a great vehicle to do next in the line! A first-time-ever vehicle, straight from Filmation, and a nice counterpart to the heroic Wind Raider! It doesn't have to be a monstrous "I have to be able to stand eight figures up inside of it so that they can fight inside of it!" kind of vehicle. That sort of thing is way too day-dreamy. Reel the expectations in a little bit, and Mattel can probably pull off a great smaller-scaled Collector that will please most folks. And "only" cost $40.
    Last edited by zodak74; August 18, 2011 at 03:32pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Wait, the Collector was never a Vintage toy? Then why do I have a memory of seeing one? It was the Collector but the cockpit was open much like the Wind Raider or Roton, and the claws extended on strings with a winch feature?

Totally want the Collector. I would expect it to only hold one figure, as the Wind Raider does. I am in the camp that wonders why it was never made in the vintage line.

Honestly, I'd rather get all the Vintage vehicles before this.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Now that the Filmation rights were acquired, I guess the Collector should be game.

In order for us to be certain, a question about "the cartoons' vehicles being possible to make" should be asked in the next "WTFWTK" questions and answers...

Do I want the Collector now, though ? Hum... to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind to see ONE "never made before" vehicle included into the line, but not before vehicles such as Spydor, Roton, Landshark, Bashasaurus or the Battle Ram...
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 18, 2011 at 10:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Wait, the Collector was never a Vintage toy? Then why do I have a memory of seeing one? It was the Collector but the cockpit was open much like the Wind Raider or Roton, and the claws extended on strings with a winch feature?
    I have NO idea what vehicle that would be in MOTU.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'd want one, but I would be disappointed because they would make it a single seat, one figure vehicle. On the show, those things had a large cockpit, cargo doors, an indoor swimming pool, and a banquet hall inside.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'd love to have this as a single seater, wind raider sized vehicle. Who has room for a full sized collector ESPECIALLY after we get Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Central Tower and Crystal Castle?

The collector would be awesome but that ship would have to be HUGE to fit those classic figures in it cause thats what I would want it to be. I don't think the cost of something like that would be acceptable for collectors to afford these days cause I am sure it would cost well over 100 for sure.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Who has room for a full sized collector ESPECIALLY after we get Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Central Tower and Crystal Castle?
    They're not going to do those. When Toyguru says they can't make the figures work to do Castle Grayskull (the SMALLEST of those), even @ $300 with every subscriber buying one, he's letting you down easy.

An in-scale (more-or-less) Collector or Attack Track are about the largest things they could concievably make. Efforts would be better focused there.

I'd love to see it made, but to echo sentiments above the size and price would be sticking points. The MOTUC Wind Raider is fairly large, but The Collector would dwarf it.
    If it turned out to be amazing, I'd buy it...but I don't know where I'd put it.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Yes please, i WANT The Collector, as a kid i wanted that vechile. Damn you filmation BUT know all of my dreams can come true. Hint Hint TG
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I'll take 2 please.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar