Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NA She-Ra coming?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

NA She-Ra coming?

According to the BP She-Ra and Icarius/Flipshot bios, She-Ra and some other characters went with He-Man on his New Adventures, not just He-Man alone.

From the BP She-Ra bio:
    [She-Ra] remained on Eternia to fight off evil until both she and He-Man were called to the stars to fulfill their destiny, travelling to the Tri-Solar System to end the oppression of the Horde Empire.

From the Icarius bio:
    Icarius travelled with Cpt. Hydron on his quest to find the legendary twinned warriors prophesied to defeat the Horde Empire. Arriving on the distant planet Eternia shortly after the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground, they recruited not only He-Man and She-Ra, but several other members of the Masters of the Universe who were eager to pursue Skeletor to the stars.
    Last edited by Reboot; July 23, 2011 at 05:03pm. Reason: Add bio quotes

I'd love to see what that looked like!

the more She-ra the better!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Bring on Starburst She-Ra!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    That was exactly my first thought when I read that bio. Starburst She-Ra will probably be the NA She-Ra due to the "star" theme!

I hope that's not the case. I'd rather have a more dramatically different look for her.

Maybe they'll keep the name and the cape, but include some other accessories with a more practical space-travel theme (like with Marlena!)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Maybe they'll keep the name and the cape, but include some other accessories with a more practical space-travel theme (like with Marlena!)
    Thats actuallu a good possibility. Starbust She-Ra should use almost no new tooling, just the Starburst cape. Everything else is pretty much Bubble Power She-Ra repainted.

Heroic Warrior
    Does this bio give anyone else the feeling that the NA He Man we inevitably get is going to look a lot different than the original?

Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    Thats actuallu a good possibility. Starbust She-Ra should use almost no new tooling, just the Starburst cape. Everything else is pretty much Bubble Power She-Ra repainted.
    And a new version of the 1.0 mask-as-a-mask:

I like the Starburst variant concept. But, I'd be excited for a *NEW variant idea. Blue spandex pants on She-Ra? It could be cool!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    And a new version of the 1.0 mask-as-a-mask:
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...c%2087/027.jpg
    I actually thought about that. That is true if they go with the mini-comic version. If they go with the toy version, its the same tiara as Bubble Power She-Ra. No matter which way they go, its still a repaint of an already sculpted tiara.

I actually had a second thought though, although it might be a bit of a stretch. Since they have Jetlag rights now, what if NA She-Ra ends up being NA cartoon Teela? A lot of people in the past had commented and complained that NA Teela looked more like She-ra than it did Teela anyways, so perhaps they may decide to go that route anyways, just to make the figure (and to find a way to include She-Ra in NA.) According to MOTUC lore, Teela would be the Sorceress by that point anyways, so it wouldnīt make as much sense to have her in that role as she would probably end up becoming NA Sorceress anyways.

Heroic Warrior
    Ohhh I hope, HOPE NA She-Ra is Movie concept She-Ra!!

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    I had no thoughts on what it might be until I read that, and I believe you're correct
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    According to the BP She-Ra and Icarius/Flipshot bios, She-Ra and some other characters went with He-Man on his New Adventures, not just He-Man alone.

From the BP She-Ra bio:
    [She-Ra] remained on Eternia to fight off evil until both she and He-Man were called to the stars to fulfill their destiny, travelling to the Tri-Solar System to end the oppression of the Horde Empire.

From the Icarius bio:
    Icarius travelled with Cpt. Hydron on his quest to find the legendary twinned warriors prophesied to defeat the Horde Empire. Arriving on the distant planet Eternia shortly after the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground, they recruited not only He-Man and She-Ra, but several other members of the Masters of the Universe who were eager to pursue Skeletor to the stars.
    WOW!!!
    This is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I had no thoughts on what it might be until I read that, and I believe you're correct
    I think it will definitely be a great way to work that version of She-Ra into the toyline. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually starting to really get into the bios (aside from the death of the Sorceress...)

Battle Force 2000 Masters of the Universe. Maybe, they want to make some futuristic variants of She-Ra and other Masters down the road so they can try to make more money off their existing molds by incorporating them into New Adventures. They should just stick with pre-existing New Adventures figures (and Jetlag characters), since they are getting so little representation in the line anyways.
    Last edited by Firefly; July 23, 2011 at 09:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Ohhh I hope, HOPE NA She-Ra is Movie concept She-Ra!!
    They don't have 1987 movie rights*, and they're never likely to get them - it seems there was a deal to be done with Classic Media (where there wasn't with previous rights holders) because CM wanted to do NEW He-Man/She-Ra stuff, which needed Mattel's approval. [Plus, they wanted someone to make Voltron toys for an additional chip].

I don't know who owns the 1987 movie's rights currently, but it's unlikely that the same applies there.

[*Aside from being able to remake stuff they did at the time]

Heroic Warrior
    They don't have 1987 movie rights*, and they're never likely to get them - it seems there was a deal to be done with Classic Media (where there wasn't with previous rights holders) because CM wanted to do NEW He-Man/She-Ra stuff, which needed Mattel's approval. [Plus, they wanted someone to make Voltron toys for an additional chip].

I don't know who owns the 1987 movie's rights currently, but it's unlikely that the same applies there.

[*Aside from being able to remake stuff they did at the time]
    Oh yeah. Sadface.

I love a mask on She-Ra. Maybe it's because I was marvel comic fan. So "if and when" we get a NA She-Ra, I hope she has a removable mask and has a futuristic look like NA He-Man! Maybe even a Barbarella influenced look!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting.

I would prefer NA She-Ra to adopt the "gold armour" fantastic fashion or even the MOTU movie design instead of "Starburst" She-Ra, but the above comic is a strong indication that "Starburst" is She-Ra's "space" outfit and, as such, it would make sense for it to be used as a NA She-Ra.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Maybe they will just make NA Teela, She-Ra as most people thought she was supposed to be (animation studio thought She-Ra was Teela is the most common thought).

I mean...because Teela is the Sorceress now, so...she wouldn't travel to Primus and leave Eternia unprotected...unless she's the worst Sorceress in history!

The bios have changed/screwed up a lot more things. I would be happy with NA Teela being She-Ra. She looks like She-Ra.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Maybe they will just make NA Teela, She-Ra as most people thought she was supposed to be (animation studio thought She-Ra was Teela is the most common thought).

I mean...because Teela is the Sorceress now, so...she wouldn't travel to Primus and leave Eternia unprotected...unless she's the worst Sorceress in history!

The bios have changed/screwed up a lot more things. I would be happy with NA Teela being She-Ra. She looks like She-Ra.
    Seems you and I were thinking along the same lines Darkspecter!

I actually had a second thought though, although it might be a bit of a stretch. Since they have Jetlag rights now, what if NA She-Ra ends up being NA cartoon Teela? A lot of people in the past had commented and complained that NA Teela looked more like She-ra than it did Teela anyways, so perhaps they may decide to go that route anyways, just to make the figure (and to find a way to include She-Ra in NA.) According to MOTUC lore, Teela would be the Sorceress by that point anyways, so it wouldnīt make as much sense to have her in that role as she would probably end up becoming NA Sorceress anyways.
    Still I think the more likely possibility is going the Starburst route, although we never really know what to expect! They could go and throw us something completely out of left field

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Seems you and I were thinking along the same lines Darkspecter!

Still I think the more likely possibility is going the Starburst route, although we never really know what to expect! They could go and throw us something completely out of left field
    Oh, I missed that. Sorry!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, I missed that. Sorry!
    Ha ha thatīs alright. No worries. Iīm just glad that I wasnīt the only one who was thinking along those lines. I thought I might be reaching a little bit.
    Actually, I liked your post... I think it was a little more clear than my babble (I havenīt always been the greatest at explaining my thoughts )