Thread: Any Hints in the Fake SDCC Reveals?

Heroic Warrior

Any Hints in the Fake SDCC Reveals?

Just a simple question He-fans and She-ravers:

Since we know that Toyguru puts things out there on purpose, what possible hints do we see in the Fake SDCC reveal lists?

Here is one suggestion: Sweet Bee is coming soon (mentioned on two of the fake lists).

Any more?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post

Since we know that Toyguru puts things out there on purpose, what possible hints do we see in the Fake SDCC reveal lists?

Here is one suggestion: Sweet Bee is coming soon (mentioned on two of the fake lists).

Any more?
    I think there is no hint at all... I keep thinking that they just did what Michael Scott did on "The Gossip" episode (The Office 6th season) ... Michael reveals by mistake that Stanley is cheating his wife and starts spreading false rumours about everyone just to hide his mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post

Any more?
    Rattlor was on 2 of the fake lists as well
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the majority of the fake items they mentioned were just things they knew everybody had been talking about or suggested, and nothing more. Iīm thinking that if there were any "clues" in there, it wasnīt deliberate and mostly coincidental.

I'm disappointed that Castle Grayskull spacesuit was not featured on any of the fake lists. TG said some months ago they had plans for the spacesuit but since then, nothing?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I intentionally avoided the lists so I don't know what was "leaked" or leaked.

I haven't gone back and looked for/at these lists.

I'm not even sure how many came out. 2? 3?

Final count I think was 5, 4 by Mattycollector and 1 at SDCC. Hard to tell if we got any other leaks besides the leak we where given by DR 2 days before hand. With the worest list being the one at SDCC.

I don't think you have time to think of 'hints' when you have to do severe damage control like that
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Aside from the joke names like Disco Skeletor, I imagine most of the stuff is in the works or being strongly considered. Everything that has been heavily requested, at least, since it would be a bad idea to toss out some ideas that will never happen after getting people excited for them.

I'm curious about whether the Jawbridge could possibly be something they're looking into. I know it's been said otherwise about a Build-a-Grayskull, but that's a particularly harsh tease. On the other hand, building a Castle at the rate of one piece per year would be rough.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Aside from the joke names like Disco Skeletor, I imagine most of the stuff is in the works or being strongly considered. Everything that has been heavily requested, at least, since it would be a bad idea to toss out some ideas that will never happen after getting people excited for them.

I'm curious about whether the Jawbridge could possibly be something they're looking into. I know it's been said otherwise about a Build-a-Grayskull, but that's a particularly harsh tease. On the other hand, building a Castle at the rate of one piece per year would be rough.
    Disco Skeletor was on the list? Just goes to prove that Toyguru has good taste.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Slime Pit He-man, i want this guy sooo bad, red eyes, translucent green and to come with a tube of slime. He was mentioned as a club exclusive figure. Id be happy for him to be a quarter variant figure. My change my avatar to increase my chances of getting him. The line does go until 2017.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Disco Skeletor, Zombie Randor, and Slime Pit He-man would have been alright by me...

Darn teasers!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

When I first saw Demo Man I thought they had actually given us Zombie Randor. The years following his disappearance had not been kind!