Thread: Were vintage Skeletors boots full or half painted ?

Were vintage Skeletors boots full or half painted ?

I recently bought what I thought was a vintage Skeletor with the full painted boots. I was under the assumption the commemorative series had half painted boots.Then looking at a childhood photo,I noticed Skeletor had half-painted boots. Can someone please clear this up for me?

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I recently bought what I thought was a vintage Skeletor with the full painted boots. I was under the assumption the commemorative series had half painted boots.Then looking at a childhood photo,I noticed Skeletor had half-painted boots. Can someone please clear this up for me?
    Earlier figures had half painted legs.I think it was the 8-backs, after that they were released completely painted.

Either way, if you look at the bottom of the feet, and the edges have an off-set, it's commemorative, if it's flat, it's vintage.

look at this http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...emorative+feet
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

So it sounds like there was 2 separate early releases of the original 8 figures.The 8-backs being first then a different production of the same figures afterwards. Thanks. .can anyone further explain??

I know that there are 3 8 back cards, one without SKU (numbers under the name and title)or warranty (this one came first, I think in Nov-Dec 1981), one without warranty, then the 8 back with warranty and SKU.

There is an 8 back w/warranty MOC on ebay right now, it has half painted boots, I can't link to it (forum rules) but it's there. I know of a 8 back Skeletor figure with no warranty that has half painted boots, and a different paint application to the face known as pink face Skeletor.

I'm not sure if the release without SKU or warranty has half painted boots, but the 8 Back Card with no warranty with SKU was the first big retail release.

One curious detail I noticed is that in He-man and the power sword, Skeletor is wearing the half boots, with naked feet of course, look at page 6.

Update: so I've been searching and I found a picture of an 8-back Skeletor with no SKU or warranty, half painted boots. So what I want to know now is when fully painted boots started to show up, is it starting the 12-back releases?.
    Last edited by Romer; January 13, 2013 at 06:29pm.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I know. What-the-duck is wrong with Skeletor's boots?!!!

I was sewing his feet to the magnet plate for my chessboard, and the thread didn't match.
    DUCK!!!!!

The evolution of Skeletor made in TAIWAN (the most common one, the soft head Skeletor) can be easily followed even without cards, just look at the figures. The less details is the newer...more details is older.
    There are folowing stages of "Taiwan Skeletor evolution":

TAIWAN 1981, 8-back I: The first edition has purple loincloths (the belt is black), half painted boots, bright blue color in the eye sockes and orange cheeks.

TAIWAN 1981, 8-back II: later has black loincloth (as every later version), half painted boots, blue color in the eye sockets and NO ORANGE color on cheeks.

TAIWAN 1981, 8-back III: CANADIAN CARD 8-Back 1981-2 and EURO card Uni Logo 8_back 1981 (which is the figure from the early mold as those half boot figures of Skeletor, but with fully painted boots and with dark blue paint in the eyes.

TAIWAN 1981: The most common version of the figure, without any blue color in his eye sockets, different molds than previous 3 (with less visible sculpt details). The same parts were used for the first edition of Battle Armor Skeletor Taiwan so you can't see the differences between face paint job between those two.

TAIWAN 1982: The new mold is used, red color in the eye sockets looks more visible then in older versions. The same parts were used for the second edition of Battle Armor Skeletor Taiwan so you can't see the differences between face paint job between those two.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the information.