Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Son of Skeletor

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

Do I want that figure as an anniversary figure? No?

What do I want for the 30th anniversary line? Just some cool figures to bolster the ranks.
    How do you know he wouldn't be cool?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really curious about the son of Skeletor and Evil Lyn...

As long as he looks cool, I'm all for it !

I wonder what his bio will be like...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'm really curious about the son of Skeletor and Evil Lyn...

As long as he looks cool, I'm all for it !

I wonder what his bio will be like...
    I'd like to know if he's good, bad or indifferent.

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Well, discussions on the merits of Songster aside. I don't think he'd be appropriate for the 30th Ann. Characters. The MOTUC line - as a whole - is great because they are pulling some characters from the past who have never had a figure before, like Songster or Marlena or Carnivus.

But the 30th Ann. figures (except Photog) are specifically reserved for completely new invented characters. And I for one think that's great. We didn't spend 1984 talking about which characters from 1982 we wanted to see made, we were excited by new and strange figures.

So Songster in the future? Perhaps, but the 30th figs should be for things like Kon-Dor or Felt-Man.
    Um...okay. Thanks.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    If the figure of Skeletor's son has long white hair, pale blue skin and an interchangeable hooded/wearing a skull face mask head I want him!

Seriously that's how I see him. I'm hoping he's the Geoff Johns created figure.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    If the figure of Skeletor's son has long white hair, pale blue skin and an interchangeable hooded/wearing a skull face mask head I want him!

Seriously that's how I see him. I'm hoping he's the Geoff Johns created figure.

...minus the mask, I'm envisioning Prince Lotor from Voltron. Mind you, the mask *could've* been borrowed from a Robeast!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If anything, I don't think Keldor's son would be anything obvious. I don't even think we'll ever see him in the series except for a few mysteries after the bios are done.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want this character as a figure... Better bolster the ranks of the current factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I don't want this character as a figure... Better bolster the ranks of the current factions.
    Wouldn't he bolster the ranks of the heroes or the evil warriors?

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Skeletor's son as one of the 6, sounds very possible

It'd be neat if he is. If not then I think people will keep asking about him until he does get made. It's kind of a big deal for Skeletor to have a kid--and it seems like the stuff of more than a few fan artists' dreams too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It's kind of a big deal for Skeletor to have a kid--and it seems like the stuff of more than a few fan artists' dreams too.
    Aye, I think its because he's the last person you'd expect to father a child. Unless of course Evil Lyn did it magically, which is probably more likely.

Commissions - [TBA]

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    sad to say that kid is going to be messed up. raised by a single parent that is evil & raising him for her own revenge & struggle for power.
    he would be half gar & his father is the evil lord of destruction. thats got to have some issues there.
    evil lyn would teach him the dark art, but unable to use magic herself.
    will he grow up seeing skeletor & he-man as his enemy's.
    he should pick his battles. i'm sure he would strongly hate skeletor.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I had a random thought this morning, as I usually do. Mattel have gone out of their way to mention the offspring of Skeletor in the Battleground Evil Lyn bio. Since he has never been mentioned before (Bar some fan fiction), and is brand new character, and the 30th Anniversary characters are new, I thought perhaps he might be one of them. After all it was a random entry into the bio.

What do you think?
    that is what i was thinking too.
    that & the fighting foe men.
    it certainly feels like thats what it was leading up to.
    i'd be disappointed if they don't make an appearance for the 30th anniversary.

well since the 30th ann. figs are all new characters, I'd say sure they could be laying the groundwork for one of Mattel's choices of new fig. I don't believe there is a predecursor to this.

I kinda doubt that they'll be laying the groundwork in the bios for completely new characters for the 30th ann. however.

So I'll bet that though they may make this character in figure form, it wont be a 30th figure even if it is a new figure.

But it would make more sense maybe, unless someone can drum up proof of previous concept for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Aye, I think its because he's the last person you'd expect to father a child. Unless of course Evil Lyn did it magically, which is probably more likely.
    But actually he is a father all ready, he cloned the Goddess/Sorceress and created Teela. Which makes him her father.

Maybe Evil Lyn did the same, Keldor was one of her teachers maybe he showed her that trick or vise verca?!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    But actually he is a father all ready, he cloned the Goddess/Sorceress and created Teela. Which makes him her father.

Maybe Evil Lyn did the same, Keldor was one of her teachers maybe he showed her that trick or vise verca?!
    Hmmm in a different sense. Skeletor is a creator/ father from a non errrr... intercourse point of view, when it comes to Teela. However I would never use father in that case as he wants to marry her, doesn't he?

I would agree though that Evil Lynn probably did a similar trick. In the 200x series, it seemed that Skeletor no longer felt the same as he did as Keldor when it came to Evil Lyn, and I expect the same is here in MOTUC. COuld be wrong though.

Commissions - [TBA]

The Son of Skeletor could be a neat character, but I don't want him for a 30th anniversary figure. I only want unheard-of characters for the 30th. A female Snake-Man or a new Master to bolster He-Man's ranks.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Evil-Lyn/Skeletor's Son...What If He's...

Caz, from the New Adventures of He-Man!

Think about it. Evil-Lyn sent her son to the future. Drissi's parents(s) could have adopted him. Something happens to Drissi's mother and when Evil-Lyn returns to find a new life with her son, she and Drissi's dad could fall in love. Realizing the many mistakes she has made, she and her husband rule Primus justly. Unfortunately for Evil-Lyn, you cannot escape destiny. Wanting to remove herself from the battle, she accidentally puts herself in the very middle of it! The mutants attack and kidnap her and her new husband and the rest of the events of NA take place.

Even though Evil-Lyn and Drissi's dad raise Caz to be a simple shepherd, he wants to be a Galactic Protector. He idolizes He-Man, not knowing he is actually his cousin and Skeletor, the new semi-leader of the mutants is his real father! His biological determination for greatness (pure evil or good) is too strong. He even becomes He-Caz in an episode!

I just thought it would make a pretty interesting story and it also ties into Evil-Lyn's past errors when she thinks she's doing something that will help her. She frees all these villains and then when she tries to free herself, she fails yet again.

(Note: Drissi and Caz's parents were the rulers of Primus. Not sure if it was mentioned in the show, but Jack Olesker said they were...and he created the show).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 22, 2011 at 09:43pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Caz... Skeletor's son? That would give me enough reasons to kill the little bugger!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Well it would certainly improve Caz's chances of getting a figure, and of us getting a smaller teenager-sized buck at that. And the irony of Skeletor's son being He-Man's biggest fan is delicious too. I'm not sure where to go with it though. Giving Skeletor a son is kind of a big deal in the first place, and I don't know how he ought to be played, a villain or another hero. If he's a good guy, he seems like a more natural contrast to Skeletor than He-Man, but we know he can't usurp the lead role like that. Making him just another villain though seems kind of wasteful. Caz always seemed to me like he'd grow up to be another hero with his own story, so making him into Skeletor's son means he'd become a Luke Skywalker to Skeletor's Darth Vader--or else you'd be changing Caz into a villain. Maybe if he's a character like Tetsuo in Akira, kind of a monster and a victim all in one, but one hopes with a happier ending.

The whole thing reminds me of Cobra Commander having a son in the GI Joe comics, the kid with the eye-patch. Always thought he needed to be a more important character than he was too. But it was different for CC to have a son than for Skeletor. CC and Duke weren't the mortal enemies that He-Man and Skeletor or Optimus Prime and Megatron all were.

Eh, I'm not nuts about this concept at all. I feel like the truly evil should be all about death, not life. And they've mentioned that they do have an end-game in mind for the bios, and while I'd like most MOTU stories to continue on forever, I think it would be fun to have one that shows how things end. And not to put them down because for the most part I do really enjoy them, but since the bios are just bios, and not something more like a comic or movie or TV show, I think they're the perfect medium to provide an ending, and I just feel like if He-Man and Skeletor have kids then they'll just continue the battle their fathers started.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Wasn't the original plan of the MVC comic to make Kronis a warrior from the future? What if Kronis was in fact Skeletor's son from the future? Couldn't he have travelled to the past to meet his father (Keldor) and joined the evil warriors without realising that their leader was in fact his genitor?

Having Skeletor mutilating him while none of them both knew about their true identities would be utter tragic irony....

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't care what Mattel will come up with, with this concept of Skeletor's son. I don't pay too much attention to the bios, really. These bios were not written to be good story-wise, but to allow as many character inclusions as possible.

Right now, I think we need more vintage figures (MOTU, POP, NA, 200x, Filmation) BEFORE new concepts are added to the line.

We began to slide all the way down to this line's demise with Spector and Snake Man-at-Arms, IMO.

I guess Skeletor's son could be a 30th anniversary figure, and that's the only way I could tolerate him right now. Otherwise, keep him for the end of the line !

We're still years away from the end of the release of the vintage characters, and frankly I can't understand why we should get Skeletor's son before Mosquitor, Frosta, Quakke, Sagitar, Two Bad or even Eldor, Darius, Octavia, Crita and Mara.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 23, 2011 at 04:21am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Eh, I'm not nuts about this concept at all. I feel like the truly evil should be all about death, not life. And they've mentioned that they do have an end-game in mind for the bios, and while I'd like most MOTU stories to continue on forever, I think it would be fun to have one that shows how things end. And not to put them down because for the most part I do really enjoy them, but since the bios are just bios, and not something more like a comic or movie or TV show, I think they're the perfect medium to provide an ending, and I just feel like if He-Man and Skeletor have kids then they'll just continue the battle their fathers started.
    There already was a story with an ending. Skeletor gains the power of Grayskull and rules Eternia. He-Man returns and with his motley crew of what's left of the Masters and Sorceress Teela, attack. Past He-Man and current year He-Man fight Skeletor. Then, it's just He-Man vs Skeletor (He-Man made everyone leave). He-Man wasn't powerful enough by himself to defeat Skeletor so the Power of Grayskull itself intervened and the Castle made itseld collapse upon Skeletor, killing him. Songster writes of it in a ballad. It's the final issue of Star Comics. It's a MOTU story with a definite ending.

As for Skeletor's son...whether or not we like it...it's happening. It's in Battleground Evil-Lyn's bio!

Here's the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah