Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sea Hawk Discussion Thread

Thanks for the new pics TOKYONEVER!

Seahawk looks great!

The vest does look a bit "wide" like Snake Face's armor but it's not that bad. The pics of Snake Face made him look really bad, but once I had him in hand I didn't even notice it.

Wow! He looks really great in those pix!

The vest does look slightly bulky, but I don't think it looks horrible by any means.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 10, 2013 at 01:25am.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Thanks for posting the pics. I miss Chris Dahlberg doing the head sculpts for the bearded characters. He did both Randor and the grizzled, old Dekker head. The head sculpt isn't terrible but it's not as good as past characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. I miss Chris Dahlberg doing the head sculpts for the bearded characters. He did both Randor and the grizzled, old Dekker head. The head sculpt isn't terrible but it's not as good as past characters.
    Agreed. It looks slightly stylized, but I'm ok with it. He'll look awesome taking out all of the Horde Troopers.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks TOKYONEVER.

I look forward to adding Sea Hawk to my collection. But, it's a shame that the vest is so very over-sized.

It's not so bad when the vest is actually "armour" because bulky armour makes sense. But, when the vest is just fabric, then it makes Sea Hawk appear as though he has an oddly proportioned torso in relation to the rest of his body, especially his waist, arms and neck.

Never cared that much for the character, nor the figure... just meh...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think the vest looks a lot better in these photos; it is a tad bulky, but it doesn't look like he's been shoveling spoo into his mouth for a week straight or anything. There's only so much they could bulk it down while still using the standard buck, and if the material is too thin, we get into quality control issues.

I like that they went with his powered up version, even making sure to sculpt the ring on his hand. Too much at this point to hope for a Falcon based off some of the same parts, I suppose, though I imagine some customizers are already making their plans as we speak...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks for the new pics TOKYONEVER!

Seahawk looks great!

The vest does look a bit "wide" like Snake Face's armor but it's not that bad. The pics of Snake Face made him look really bad, but once I had him in hand I didn't even notice it.
    I would agree with this. I was able to squish down the vest on snakeface so it looked good to my eye, so I'm hoping that will be the case here.

Can I make a pic request Tokyo? Hawk VS Octavia please! And Hawk and Adora! (dying to see how those figures look together) THANKS!

Someone explain to me why EVERY POP figure seems to have a bad decision programmed into it:

In this case, Sea Hawk's face, shoulders, and forearms are too light a flesh color when compared to the bicep.

Otherwise it is an EXCELLENT figure... But Design at Mattel has been really sloppy in the last two years . I miss Terry.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Someone explain to me why EVERY POP figure seems to have a bad decision programmed into it:

In this case, Sea Hawk's face, shoulders, and forearms are too light a flesh color when compared to the bicep.

Otherwise it is an EXCELLENT figure... But Design at Mattel has been really sloppy in the last two years . I miss Terry.
    Really?

He-Man's reversed shoulders and red eyes
    Hordak's ab armor
    Faker's reversed or doubled boot problems
    Robotos reversed shoulders, sloppy black wash, bendy attachments, breaking torso, no second weapons arm
    Stinkor's reversed forearms
    Stratos without holding hands
    Blastic made characters like Rattlor, DB Skeletor and Spikor

It's not only a POP problem...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I would miss Terry more if he hadn't been responsible for the Sorceress wing debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Can I make a pic request Tokyo? Hawk VS Octavia please! And Hawk and Adora! (dying to see how those figures look together) THANKS!

Sure but I can't help for a picture beside Octavia because I do not own her (I stopped to collect the Classics, I just bought these upcoming figures to share pictures with fans lol)

Heroic Warrior
    I keep forgetting to mention this, but what's up with the angry Adora head? Mine certainly doesn't look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I keep forgetting to mention this, but what's up with the angry Adora head? Mine certainly doesn't look like that.
    It is a customized face
    By the past I had two, I wanted one with a kind look to be displayed with the Heroic figures and an other one with a nasty look to be displayed as Horde Captain beside the Horde characters.

I would miss Terry more if he hadn't been responsible for the Sorceress wing debacle.
    Ruben "purposely" swapped Stinkor's Forearms, was responsible for the whole Blastic era (which is the worst offense to date), gave us yet another Green Clawful Mace instead of another barely used weapon, and was behind Frosta's misfortunes....

If giving us the Wing Tom Toms was the worst Terry did to the line....I'd be happy to see him come back to MOTUC. Granted he was responsible for the material used on Snout Spout too....so....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think he looks amazing!! But then again I ♥ FILMation lots.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Ruben "purposely" swapped Stinkor's Forearms, was responsible for the whole Blastic era (which is the worst offense to date), gave us yet another Green Clawful Mace instead of another barely used weapon, and was behind Frosta's misfortunes....

If giving us the Wing Tom Toms was the worst Terry did to the line....I'd be happy to see him come back to MOTUC. Granted he was responsible for the material used on Snout Spout too....so....
    I agree the Ruben's Blastic decision is the worst offense to date. In Terry's favor, he helped to insure the production Wind Raider, which is one of my favorite pieces in the line, stayed true to the Four Horsemen's sculpt. However, since the Blastic Era ended the QC has actually been quite good. I don't think Mattel's design team has made any egregious errors in 2013 so I would hate to see any change at this point (I can't believe I'm actually saying that).

Heroic Warrior
    I agree the Ruben's Blastic decision is the worst offense to date. In Terry's favor, he helped to insure the production Wind Raider, which is one of my favorite pieces in the line, stayed true to the Four Horsemen's sculpt. However, since the Blastic Era ended the QC has actually been quite good. I don't think Mattel's design team has made any egregious errors in 2013 so I would hate to see any change at this point (I can't believe I'm actually saying that).
    Wow...you're totally right. I don't think anyone's had issues with figures this year. No more crappy paint(ie: gray Frosta), no more Blastic, no more switched forearms...it's been a great year.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    For me, that is the WORST decision to date. Second would be the blasticgate.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Sea Hawk is listed as coming soon on Matty┤s shop page…

I thought he would┤t be on sale date? Last time as far as i remember a character wasn┤t for sale it said "not available at the moment" or something like that or am i mistaken?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Well, it does say "Sub Exclusive". Maybe sub holders can order more?
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sea Hawk is listed as coming soon on Matty┤s shop page…

I thought he would┤t be on sale date? Last time as far as i remember a character wasn┤t for sale it said "not available at the moment" or something like that or am i mistaken?
    it said that with fang man as well I believe and clamp champ was even advertised in an e-mail as well so I wouldn't hold out much hope for any DOS on seahawk.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    it said that with fang man as well I believe and clamp champ was even advertised in an e-mail as well so I wouldn't hold out much hope for any DOS on seahawk.
    Yep, and that's why prices on the secondary market are actually HIGHER for Seahawk ! I was never too much of a fan of this character, but with his bulky jacket and higher pricepoint, I suppose he'll be a pass as far as I'm concerned. Geldor, on the other hand...

it is very interesting wiht the 2 boots but i am happy he get the special version
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro▓ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group