Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 272

Thread: Sea Hawk Discussion Thread

  1. #226
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,944
    Thanks for the new pics TOKYONEVER!

    Seahawk looks great!

    The vest does look a bit "wide" like Snake Face's armor but it's not that bad. The pics of Snake Face made him look really bad, but once I had him in hand I didn't even notice it.

  2. #227
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,189
    Wow! He looks really great in those pix!

    The vest does look slightly bulky, but I don't think it looks horrible by any means.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 10, 2013 at 01:25am.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  3. #228
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    914
    Thanks for posting the pics. I miss Chris Dahlberg doing the head sculpts for the bearded characters. He did both Randor and the grizzled, old Dekker head. The head sculpt isn't terrible but it's not as good as past characters.

  4. #229
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. I miss Chris Dahlberg doing the head sculpts for the bearded characters. He did both Randor and the grizzled, old Dekker head. The head sculpt isn't terrible but it's not as good as past characters.
    Agreed. It looks slightly stylized, but I'm ok with it. He'll look awesome taking out all of the Horde Troopers.

  5. #230
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks TOKYONEVER.

    I look forward to adding Sea Hawk to my collection. But, it's a shame that the vest is so very over-sized.

    It's not so bad when the vest is actually "armour" because bulky armour makes sense. But, when the vest is just fabric, then it makes Sea Hawk appear as though he has an oddly proportioned torso in relation to the rest of his body, especially his waist, arms and neck.

  6. #231
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,360
    Never cared that much for the character, nor the figure... just meh...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  7. #232
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,671
    I think the vest looks a lot better in these photos; it is a tad bulky, but it doesn't look like he's been shoveling spoo into his mouth for a week straight or anything. There's only so much they could bulk it down while still using the standard buck, and if the material is too thin, we get into quality control issues.

    I like that they went with his powered up version, even making sure to sculpt the ring on his hand. Too much at this point to hope for a Falcon based off some of the same parts, I suppose, though I imagine some customizers are already making their plans as we speak...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  8. #233
    We can choose these? Matthew K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks for the new pics TOKYONEVER!

    Seahawk looks great!

    The vest does look a bit "wide" like Snake Face's armor but it's not that bad. The pics of Snake Face made him look really bad, but once I had him in hand I didn't even notice it.
    I would agree with this. I was able to squish down the vest on snakeface so it looked good to my eye, so I'm hoping that will be the case here.

  9. #234
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,255
    Can I make a pic request Tokyo? Hawk VS Octavia please! And Hawk and Adora! (dying to see how those figures look together) THANKS!

  10. #235
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,100
    Someone explain to me why EVERY POP figure seems to have a bad decision programmed into it:

    In this case, Sea Hawk's face, shoulders, and forearms are too light a flesh color when compared to the bicep.

    Otherwise it is an EXCELLENT figure... But Design at Mattel has been really sloppy in the last two years . I miss Terry.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  11. #236
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Someone explain to me why EVERY POP figure seems to have a bad decision programmed into it:

    In this case, Sea Hawk's face, shoulders, and forearms are too light a flesh color when compared to the bicep.

    Otherwise it is an EXCELLENT figure... But Design at Mattel has been really sloppy in the last two years . I miss Terry.
    Really?

    He-Man's reversed shoulders and red eyes
    Hordak's ab armor
    Faker's reversed or doubled boot problems
    Robotos reversed shoulders, sloppy black wash, bendy attachments, breaking torso, no second weapons arm
    Stinkor's reversed forearms
    Stratos without holding hands
    Blastic made characters like Rattlor, DB Skeletor and Spikor

    It's not only a POP problem...

  12. #237
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Someone explain to me why EVERY POP figure seems to have a bad decision programmed into it:

    In this case, Sea Hawk's face, shoulders, and forearms are too light a flesh color when compared to the bicep.

    Otherwise it is an EXCELLENT figure... But Design at Mattel has been really sloppy in the last two years . I miss Terry.
    I would miss Terry more if he hadn't been responsible for the Sorceress wing debacle.

  13. #238
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Can I make a pic request Tokyo? Hawk VS Octavia please! And Hawk and Adora! (dying to see how those figures look together) THANKS!

    Sure but I can't help for a picture beside Octavia because I do not own her (I stopped to collect the Classics, I just bought these upcoming figures to share pictures with fans lol)

  14. #239
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    896
    I keep forgetting to mention this, but what's up with the angry Adora head? Mine certainly doesn't look like that.

  15. #240
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I keep forgetting to mention this, but what's up with the angry Adora head? Mine certainly doesn't look like that.
    It is a customized face
    By the past I had two, I wanted one with a kind look to be displayed with the Heroic figures and an other one with a nasty look to be displayed as Horde Captain beside the Horde characters.

  16. #241
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I would miss Terry more if he hadn't been responsible for the Sorceress wing debacle.
    Ruben "purposely" swapped Stinkor's Forearms, was responsible for the whole Blastic era (which is the worst offense to date), gave us yet another Green Clawful Mace instead of another barely used weapon, and was behind Frosta's misfortunes....

    If giving us the Wing Tom Toms was the worst Terry did to the line....I'd be happy to see him come back to MOTUC. Granted he was responsible for the material used on Snout Spout too....so....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  17. #242
    Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,029
    I think he looks amazing!! But then again I ♥ FILMation lots.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

  18. #243
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Ruben "purposely" swapped Stinkor's Forearms, was responsible for the whole Blastic era (which is the worst offense to date), gave us yet another Green Clawful Mace instead of another barely used weapon, and was behind Frosta's misfortunes....

    If giving us the Wing Tom Toms was the worst Terry did to the line....I'd be happy to see him come back to MOTUC. Granted he was responsible for the material used on Snout Spout too....so....
    I agree the Ruben's Blastic decision is the worst offense to date. In Terry's favor, he helped to insure the production Wind Raider, which is one of my favorite pieces in the line, stayed true to the Four Horsemen's sculpt. However, since the Blastic Era ended the QC has actually been quite good. I don't think Mattel's design team has made any egregious errors in 2013 so I would hate to see any change at this point (I can't believe I'm actually saying that).

  19. #244
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I agree the Ruben's Blastic decision is the worst offense to date. In Terry's favor, he helped to insure the production Wind Raider, which is one of my favorite pieces in the line, stayed true to the Four Horsemen's sculpt. However, since the Blastic Era ended the QC has actually been quite good. I don't think Mattel's design team has made any egregious errors in 2013 so I would hate to see any change at this point (I can't believe I'm actually saying that).
    Wow...you're totally right. I don't think anyone's had issues with figures this year. No more crappy paint(ie: gray Frosta), no more Blastic, no more switched forearms...it's been a great year.

  20. #245
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I would miss Terry more if he hadn't been responsible for the Sorceress wing debacle.
    For me, that is the WORST decision to date. Second would be the blasticgate.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  21. #246
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    3,055
    Sea Hawk is listed as coming soon on Matty┤s shop page…

    I thought he would┤t be on sale date? Last time as far as i remember a character wasn┤t for sale it said "not available at the moment" or something like that or am i mistaken?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  22. #247
    Heroic Warrior Mezmiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hickman, KY
    Posts
    286
    Well, it does say "Sub Exclusive". Maybe sub holders can order more?
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

  23. #248
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sea Hawk is listed as coming soon on Matty┤s shop page…

    I thought he would┤t be on sale date? Last time as far as i remember a character wasn┤t for sale it said "not available at the moment" or something like that or am i mistaken?
    it said that with fang man as well I believe and clamp champ was even advertised in an e-mail as well so I wouldn't hold out much hope for any DOS on seahawk.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  24. #249
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    it said that with fang man as well I believe and clamp champ was even advertised in an e-mail as well so I wouldn't hold out much hope for any DOS on seahawk.
    Yep, and that's why prices on the secondary market are actually HIGHER for Seahawk ! I was never too much of a fan of this character, but with his bulky jacket and higher pricepoint, I suppose he'll be a pass as far as I'm concerned. Geldor, on the other hand...

  25. #250
    Son of He-Man ▓He-Ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    429
    it is very interesting wiht the 2 boots but i am happy he get the special version
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

    ...if you are He-Ro▓ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •