Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea Hawk Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    well, based on some other pics, nah, I'm very happy. But then again, I'm nuts. I want Songster serious bad, and I think Mattel has made a nearly perfect line, so what do I know?

But we'll see. There's always naysayers no matter how great. He'll be fine.
    From Dan's video, It looked like his Jacket was unfastened on BOTH sides, so Hopefully he will Look much better once those are locked in.. Still want to see pictures. Sorry I came down so hard on your positivity. My bad.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 20, 2013 at 06:51pm.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I can hear Hordak laughin'...
    The hairdresser neckerchief isn't removable...

I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I can hear Hordak laughin'...

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6729/md5p.jpg
    Nice report. Thank you. If it goes all the way around his neck, it looks like you could cut it off, there is a lot of space between the kerchief and the lapels.

UPDATE:

I think it is offical, the small head is a larger problem than the large coat.

Last edited by darkmoon766; July 21, 2013 at 05:35pm.

yeah I think if they fix those issues he would be great.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    yeah I think if they fix those issues he would be great.
    Too bad that is the final piece. Maybe they can tweak some things, but I think we are stuck with it.

Heroic Warrior
    That's a production sample, what you see is what you'll get. I feel bad for its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Too bad that is the final piece. Maybe they can tweak some things, but I think we are stuck with it.
    I know just unfortunate.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    What "hairdressers" are you going to that wear neckerchiefs???
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very good likeness, but the puffed out cloths bothers me.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Snappy Threader
    Awesome fig. I'm happy now! Sea Hawk is my fav POP character.

They kept telling people to buy the sub...that certain figs may not be available for DOS. Now that it's happening, people can't be shocked. I bought the sub to avoid what happened with Fang Man. Sure, I don't want Nepthu, but if it means I get Sea Hawk, I will take the hit!

The scarf is part of the clothing? That's fine. I assumed it was just a painted black standard buck underneath...which is fine. I don't even mind the Paul Lynde scarf!
    Last edited by sirsniffy; July 22, 2013 at 01:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    They kept telling people to buy the sub...that certain figs may not be available for DOS. Now that it's happening, people can't be shocked. I bought the sub to avoid what happened with Fang Man. Sure, I don't want Nepthu, but if it means I get Sea Hawk, I will take the hit!

The scarf is part of the clothing? That's fine. I assumed it was just a painted black standard buck underneath...which is fine. I don't even mind the Paul Lynde scarf!
    that's the reason I ordered my first matty sub ever. I love pop and didn't want to miss Seahawk. Otherwise I would have not join. But now seeing him it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post

I have a FILMATION sub but i wanted an extra Sea Hawk, so now i have to find him online somewhere.

I donīt like that no DOS policy, never did even before i was hit by it hard and now i despise it!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I'm not a big Filmation fan but hey, a pirate? I'd buy that for a dollar!
    Honestly, I like it and I'll gladly get one (I will anyway, I subscribe to everything on Mattycollector).
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Vintage NA characters in MOTUC! After Vintage and POP this era needs to be completed!!

*reads the comments on the jacket being FINAL*

Oh Lord...seriously??!? Can't Mattel ever FIX anything? And don't they know by now that they mess up enough stuff that it's worth their while showing us the NON-final versions so we can politely pull them aside and say "sorry, but that's the wrong color/size/shape?"

So irritating!

I'm bummed. This guy is the new Frosta. Not excited at all.

And whoever said the shield would look better a bit more translucent was completely right. I was thinking the exact same thing.

He is one of the great reveals for me. 8/10. Very happy for some testosteron in the great rebellion.

Heroic Warrior
    He's not as bad as Frosta, let's not go there. These chubby vests are a given now, because of the nature of the plastic used.

The way I see it they could solve this in three different ways:

1. Make the vest in a hard but very thin plastic that would be molded very close to the torso (like what happens with the 4HM prototypes).
    2. Sculpt the vest directly on the figure creating a unique torso.
    3. Create a new, not so bulky, torso for these figures supporting vests, so that the vest itself could be a little better proportionate.

They are not doing this so any figure with a vest will have this problem. It's not that apparent with figures with armor since the armor itself is bulkier by nature, but in some of them it makes for some akward views (Snake Face).

Heroic Warrior
    Not a fan of this character. Probably sell him once he comes in. For the people who do keep him, I'm hoping that armor is as loose as snake faces. Snakeface looks like he's wearing a baggy vest.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    OK I'm so happy to get a Sea Hawk, blah. But unfortunately, he looks super bloated. It's that jacket / Shirt thing that's too thick. It's a real shame. I might have to SCRAPE OFF plastic from his chest, cut the jacket and glue it permanently. I don't want Adora to end up with a FAT BOYFRIEND lol. She's waited all these years to be with that guy, she'd be terribly disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    OK I'm so happy to get a Sea Hawk, blah. But unfortunately, he looks super bloated. It's that jacket / Shirt thing that's too thick. It's a real shame. I might have to SCRAPE OFF plastic from his chest, cut the jacket and glue it permanently. I don't want Adora to end up with a FAT BOYFRIEND lol. She's waited all these years to be with that guy, she'd be terribly disappointed.
    I agree it's terribly disappointing. I was looking forward to this figure but now I'm not. After all these years you would have thought Mattel would have invested in a smaller torso for figures like this.

That will help. The jacket wasn't as bad when the snaps were on. A big problem is that his head is TINY. That makes the jacket look even more bloated.

By the way, thanks so much for Talking to Reuben and the rest of the team about Glimmers potential skirt disaster. At least they know we all hate the fact they can't seem to get it right, and how important it is to not mess up GLIMMER.

The head is not tiny.

I was there. I saw it in person. If people think it's tiny then it's the pics making it look that way. Or it's the unfastened coat (which was unhooked on both sides) and the collar of the coat making people think the head is small.

He does not suffer from shrunken head syndrome.

Last edited by bcrduke; July 23, 2013 at 02:06am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I agree it's terribly disappointing. I was looking forward to this figure but now I'm not. After all these years you would have thought Mattel would have invested in a smaller torso for figures like this.
    My thought exactly. I don't know if you saw the pic of Octavia's torso sans the tunic / yellow shirt, and that's exactly what they did for her, i.e. they sculpted a tiny torso that, by itself, looks horrid and small; but, once you add the thick plastic of the tunic, makes her look feminine and slimmer than any other female in the line. This is what they should have done YEARS ago for every female figure and for every male figure with a lot of clothing. Likewise, Prince Adam looks bloated. Even Bow has a really big shoulder piece armor that sorts of juts out. Moskitor seems like he has been drinking way too much blood, his chest is enormous and seems out of scale.

As much as I love these figures, yeah, the design is really annoying at times/
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

My thought exactly. I don't know if you saw the pic of Octavia's torso sans the tunic / yellow shirt, and that's exactly what they did for her, i.e. they sculpted a tiny torso that, by itself, looks horrid and small; but, once you add the thick plastic of the tunic, makes her look feminine and slimmer than any other female in the line. This is what they should have done YEARS ago for every female figure and for every male figure with a lot of clothing. Likewise, Prince Adam looks bloated. Even Bow has a really big shoulder piece armor that sorts of juts out. Moskitor seems like he has been drinking way too much blood, his chest is enormous and seems out of scale.

As much as I love these figures, yeah, the design is really annoying at times/
    i think the prior female figures are plenty feminine. it's great that octavia has a really slender body, as that creates more variety in female body types- but that slenderness doesn't necessarily equal greater femininity.

i think the guys could use more variety, too- but i'm not too bothered by it. seahawk doesn't look fat to me...he just looks like a really built guy wearing layers of clothing.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The head is not tiny.

I was there. I saw it in person. If people think it's tiny then it's the pics making it look that way. Or it's the unfastened coat (which was unhooked on both sides) and the collar of the coat making people think the head is small.

He does not suffer from shrunken head syndrome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps2fc466d4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps52ae76f4.jpg
    Thank you for your first hand account duke!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!