Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Sea Hawk Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The head is not tiny.

I was there. I saw it in person. If people think it's tiny then it's the pics making it look that way. Or it's the unfastened coat (which was unhooked on both sides) and the collar of the coat making people think the head is small.

He does not suffer from shrunken head syndrome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps2fc466d4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps52ae76f4.jpg
    Thank you for your first hand account duke!
    No problem. I did notice that the best / armor was not fastened on either side when I saw him in the case.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

He looks kinda fat with that vest.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

I decided to preorder Sea Hawk after seeing the SDCC pictures.

He is missing his scabbard. Just saying. I am really looking forward to Seahawk and I give the MOTUC team credit for really trying to give us what we want. Also, I admit we are getting a lot with this figure. However, this does not mean we should let them off the hook and not call them on cutting corners. The Mighty Spector had his cosmic key blade (both on and off) We've had holsters and mini weapon racks galore. These were bonuses. Why can we not expect to have Seahawk with his ever present scabbard and a de-energized sword hilt for additional displays?

I know. I know. Look for it in a future weapons pack. Oh. I forgot. They are not putting one out next year.
    Last edited by Odie1Knobe; August 2, 2013 at 07:58pm.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I'm surprised Sea Hawk hasn't sold out on pre-order over at BBTS yet. I don't think enough people have realized yet that he's not going to have any DoS stock.
    Traversing the concussion blasts of Despondos!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm surprised Sea Hawk hasn't sold out on pre-order over at BBTS yet.
    I really wonder why that is the case... Or could it be that POP figures have less appeal than, say, most of the vintage MOTU figures !?

i think i will only going to custom another vest maybe a leather one for him, cause indeed he looks fat with that one
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I really wonder why that is the case... Or could it be that POP figures have less appeal than, say, most of the vintage MOTU figures !?
    Last check, the Hawk had indeed sold out ahead of the Masters based Filmation characters (I'm somewhat surprised Strong Arm hasn't sold out yet; he's been toward the top of Filmation lists for years).

Still, who sells out there first is often perplexing. Superboy sold out first from the DC subs, even ahead of Ice or Hooked Horror Aquaman, both of whom I've heard more requests for than Connor.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I was skeptical after seeing the SDCC pics but these confirm my disappointment. The vest is too bulky (they could have made the belt bigger to help compensate) and the face sculpt is too cartoon accurate. He lacks the more realistic details of other figures in the line. Bow, who I'm sure most will compare him to, got these details right. The three-quarter view shows that he also suffers from a flatter face and a lack of head-mass in the back (like Clamp Champ and a few other recent figures).

I definitely feel someone else has taken over sculpting or these aren't being measured by the same criteria as previously. The styling hasn't been as consistent with the last few figures.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Loving the figure, but I'm wishing he came with a yellow saber as well. I know it would kinda clash with the shield, but still. That way you could have regular Seahawk or Anchors Aloft Seahawk! Maybe when we get Swenn and Davy Jones in 2023, he can come with an extra yellow saber.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    He looks great from the front...looks like we may have the armor issue on this one where the clasps may be too tight?
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    He looks great from the front...looks like we may have the armor issue on this one where the clasps may be too tight?
    Nope do not worry it is soft, it was just me, I did not embed it correctly
    A new closed picture of the back:

About the paint job you will see some irregularities, what I have is a Sample version, I can't say if yes or not it will be the same thing on the final figure on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie1Knobe View Post
    He is missing his scabbard. Just saying. I am really looking forward to Seahawk and I give the MOTUC team credit for really trying to give us what we want. Also, I admit we are getting a lot with this figure. However, this does not mean we should let them off the hook and not call them on cutting corners. The Mighty Spector had his cosmic key blade (both on and off) We've had holsters and mini weapon racks galore. These were bonuses. Why can we not expect to have Seahawk with his ever present scabbard and a de-energized sword hilt for additional displays?

I know. I know. Look for it in a future weapons pack. Oh. I forgot. They are not putting one out next year.
    Spector didn't come with his Cosmic key whip. It was sculpted, but theyve never released it.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I also think he looks great.

His vest looks better now than it did at the SDCC pictures and it is a vest and no armor so i donīt mind the sculpted folds and he surely doesīt look fat anymore in those pictures!

Thanks for sharing, iīm really looking forward to him!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Lookin' good! I only know what I've seen on this site in terms of pics, but I DID like the look of the hilt on his yellow sword, and I would have liked to see that. Also like the short little scabbard, but oh well. In terms of just being an action figure he hits all the points I like!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    i for one can't wait to get this guy!

and re-sell him !!!

I like him! The vest doesn't bother me there. No more or less than Fisto or Clamp Champ's armor. He looks appropriately bulky to me.

I would have loved to see the other sword. This one is good enough though. Could have done without the shield in leu of the other blade.

His chest is bulky for it being covered in cloth and not metal armor. I don't think he looks fat necessarily, but that's some uncomfortably thick and heavy clothes for a sea pirate, for sure.

Maybe if he's displayed at an angle, a little sideways you know. I don't think I have room to display PoP anyways, so no worries. If I get more space I'll worry about it then. Though with no DOS, this might be a sale for me. This stuff is getting pricey when you include Grayskull, so every penny helps.

Tokyonever how do you get figures before they are relased?

Sea Hawk looks really nice, can't wait to add him to the collection.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Tokyonever how do you get figures before they are relased?
    From a russian collector
    I reallly have no idea how he obtained them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    From a russian collector
    I reallly have no idea how he obtained them.
    In russia you don't collect toys, the toys collect you!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

I was skeptical after seeing the SDCC pics but these confirm my disappointment. The vest is too bulky (they could have made the belt bigger to help compensate) and the face sculpt is too cartoon accurate. He lacks the more realistic details of other figures in the line. Bow, who I'm sure most will compare him to, got these details right. The three-quarter view shows that he also suffers from a flatter face and a lack of head-mass in the back (like Clamp Champ and a few other recent figures).

I definitely feel someone else has taken over sculpting or these aren't being measured by the same criteria as previously. The styling hasn't been as consistent with the last few figures.
    I couldn't disagree with every assessment you've made more. He look fantastic and is dead to rights on for what Filmation seeks to do and does quite successfully I might add.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Hmmm...I'm really torn on this.

On the one hand, he does have a certain Filmation-ness to him. We're getting an accurate look for "Anchor's Aloft" and they didn't really mess anything up too badly...

But on the other, I find his expression stern and harsh, and not in-character. A smirk would have been great. I also wish he'd come with his standard yellow laser rapier, as that was his main weapon in 2/3s of his appearances. And the vest IS an issue - he looks round, like there's air filling up in there. It's a strange effect. And as someone else pointed out, his head does look odd in the 3/4 view...

I don't know. He doesn't WOW me, but he is good enough. It's not like they put NO effort into him...

Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    In russia you don't collect toys, the toys collect you!
    lol, I already sold a lot of toys in Russia, especially toys from Movies like Gremlins or again Harry Potter.