Thread: What are you doing with your first edition Evil Lyn?

Hybrid View

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

What are you doing with your first edition Evil Lyn?

So with the reveal of BG Evil Lyn, I've been pondering how to incorporate her and the first release into my collection and story.

My first approach was to make them Lyn at two different points, with BG Evil Lyn being her natural form, and the yellow version being a result of her working with dark magic. I thought about it some more, and came to another idea.

I've decided that the 1st release is actually Evil-Lyn's mother...The Sultress!

The Sultress was an ambitious sorceress bent on gaining ultimate power. During this search, she came into contact with King Hsss who told her of a spell that would allow her to steal power from the Council of Elders. What was required was an heir to sacrifice as part of the ritual. They made a deal that King Hsss would provide her with the ritual if she agreed to help him and use that power to defeat the Council. Sultress eagerly agreed.

Sultress managed to seduce Nickolas Powers and become pregnant. What the Sultress didn't realize was that she was being used as a pawn by King Hsss to get the Eye of Serpos. Once Evelyn was born and Sultress brought her to King Hsss to perform the rite, Sultress was killed by the Snake Men and baby Evelyn was taken hostage and held ransom for the Eye of Serpos, which Nikolas turned over to King Hsss for her safe return. This ended in tragedy anyway, as Zalesia was destroyed and the Council turned Nikolas into the Faceless one for his actions.

Anyway, that's my take. What's yours?
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; July 25, 2011 at 12:07am.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What I do with my other variants, put them on a different shelf. Yellow Evil-Lyn will be joining regular Stratos, vsDC Merman, vsDC He-Man, and regular Skeletor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    We are going to have a one-on-one relationship now. About time.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Heroic Warrior
    The yellow version will move up to my preternia/variant shelf while 200x/battleground becomes the standard version for my villains display (she DOES look a lot better).
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

I have a shelf that I call "The Toy Line Canon" which is where I put Teela with the snake armor, He-Man with the axe and shield, Man at arms without the stache, etc. I guess you could call this the "cardback canon". So my yellow lynn will go with that set of figs.

The yellow Teela will go into the extra figure bin on the bottom.

Then again...maybe she can be the Bride of Faker? Faker got lonely and demanded Skeletor make him a woman? So naturally she's modeled after Snake Mountain's number one girl.

Hm...can I do that? Can I justify keeping my most hated motuc figure on the shelf as a robotic Evil Lyn? Crap! I may end up keeping her displayed after all.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I might throw mine in a box or something with my vintage He-Man body (with surplus King Grayskull head), missing tooth Skeletor, my extra, capeless Keldor with vintage Skellie armour, 1.0 She-Ra with 2.0's head and Teela's Snake headdress.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Keeping her where she is. Love those classic toy colors even if it is a ridiculous shade of yellow.

That's one thing I always loved about MOTU...the eye catching and awesome color combos.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm going to stand her right next to the Battleground Evil-Lyn, just to prove that a wormhole in the space time continuum won't be opened by having the same character on the shelf twice.

In all seriousness though, classic Lyn will likely retain prominence in my rotating display. She's awesome and nostalgic.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Got rid of her the day I got her. Lyn is probably the only character where I just can't stand the classic version. So glad I can have a lyn to display now...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Anyway, that's my take. What's yours?
    The first one is vintage toy version Evil-Lyn and the second one is MYP version Evil-Lyn.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The first one is vintage toy version Evil-Lyn and the second one is MYP version Evil-Lyn.
    Really?

In what way does that particularly resemble the Evil-Lyn of the Mike Young Productions cartoon? Other than the helmetless head and staff, they seem to have gone out of their way to make it UNalike, with the reddish pink, the silver (especially on the helmeted head - compare the two-shades-of-purple MYP helmet with the garishly-silver BG Lyn helmet), lack of gold and general disregard for detail.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    In what way does that particularly resemble the Evil-Lyn of the Mike Young Productions cartoon? Other than the helmetless head and staff, they seem to have gone out of their way to make it UNalike, with the reddish pink, the silver (especially on the helmeted head - compare the two-shades-of-purple MYP helmet with the garishly-silver BG Lyn helmet), lack of gold and general disregard for detail.
    It resembles it enough in the manner that I don't particularly care about MYP stuff. It may not be good enough for you but it's passable for me. The original question is "What's your take?" That's my take on BG Evil-Lyn. I'm pretty lax when it comes to 200X/MYP parameters.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The new one will go on the variant/ preternia shelf in my collection. Next to Keldor, probably.

Heroic Warrior
    the yellow-skinned one is Angel-Lyn, a heroic robot from the mirror universe. clearly. ;]

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    stick bg lyn with keldor & classic lyn with skeletor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll retire that one like I did Red headed Teela. It's going into my bonus figures bin.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

First edition Lyn is staying where she belongs... with Skeletor and the Evil Warriors.
    Where will helmetless, white-haired Battleground Evil-Lyn go? Into out of space, of course... alongside He-Man, She-Ra, and the other heroic warriors who have gone to the Tri-Star System to take on Skeletor and his army of Space Mutants! Imagine this older, vengeful & calculating Evil-Lyn slowly regaining her powers as she helps He-Man and the others take down Skeletor as he tries to overtake the Horde Empire! EPIC! Evil-Lyn vs. Skeletor's new squeeze... Critta! I'm psyched... LOL!

Heroic Warrior
    She's the same and I'll love each one equally. I trade out era's on my shelf sometimes and Yellow goes with classic Pre-Filmation, and Pale goes with Filmation forward.
    Good trades with: Cammor