Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you doing with your first edition Evil Lyn?

HD figures on youtube
    I've decided that the 1st release is actually Evil-Lyn's mother
    Hey same here! Awesome your doing that also. Going to display her next to the faceless One.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I've decided that the 1st release is actually Evil-Lyn's mother...The Sultress!
    this is exactly what i thought of, minus the name and backstory because i'm not good at doing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Then again...maybe she can be the Bride of Faker? Faker got lonely and demanded Skeletor make him a woman? So naturally she's modeled after Snake Mountain's number one girl.
    this is another great idea. i may have her pulling double duty.

I'm really not a fan of direct character varients, like the Battle Armor He-man/Skeletor..etc. I even opted out of the BG Teela, personaly seen no point... but when they are as fantastic an upgrade as BG Evil Lyn is..... WOW!! She wins front shelf space for sure! Not sure where Original classics Lyn will go. Probly, side by side for comparison, and too remember the good ol' days

I have a Great Unrest shelf so the new Evil Lyn will be going there to hang with Keldor. The first release will stay with the 'present day' Skeletor and his goons.

I'm not really much on variants, but I'm making a huge exception for BG Evil-Lyn. She will for sure replace the orignal MOTUC Evil-Lyn in my collection. I keep most of my stuff, thus far MOC. It was never intended to be that way forever, it was just the easiest form for display that I have right now. I keep hoping some dioramas or playset will come out one day, so I can do a better display with some of the characters. In the meantime, I hate that BG Evil-Lyn will say "Battleground" on the front package, plus there is also Screech to consider. Thus, I am planning a little delicate surgery and will put Screech in BG Evil Lyn's package and replace the name card with the original Evil-Lyn card. I'll figure someway to make this work.

I'll either keep her in storage with other old MOTU figures or sell her.

I'll keep that Evil-Lyn with the rest of the Evil Warriors and I'll probably stick BG Lyn beside her father.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

When I get 2 different versions of a character, those're the ones that'll get switched out every now and again. I typically just display one version of a character at a time
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Anyway, that's my take. What's yours?
    The first one is vintage toy version Evil-Lyn and the second one is MYP version Evil-Lyn.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm going to use her as my default evil lynn, and take the other one and put in my non display box in the garage.

I will display my first EL....if I get this one... She will be in a MOC prision.....
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The first one is vintage toy version Evil-Lyn and the second one is MYP version Evil-Lyn.
    Really?

In what way does that particularly resemble the Evil-Lyn of the Mike Young Productions cartoon? Other than the helmetless head and staff, they seem to have gone out of their way to make it UNalike, with the reddish pink, the silver (especially on the helmeted head - compare the two-shades-of-purple MYP helmet with the garishly-silver BG Lyn helmet), lack of gold and general disregard for detail.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    In what way does that particularly resemble the Evil-Lyn of the Mike Young Productions cartoon? Other than the helmetless head and staff, they seem to have gone out of their way to make it UNalike, with the reddish pink, the silver (especially on the helmeted head - compare the two-shades-of-purple MYP helmet with the garishly-silver BG Lyn helmet), lack of gold and general disregard for detail.
    It resembles it enough in the manner that I don't particularly care about MYP stuff. It may not be good enough for you but it's passable for me. The original question is "What's your take?" That's my take on BG Evil-Lyn. I'm pretty lax when it comes to 200X/MYP parameters.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The new one will go on the variant/ preternia shelf in my collection. Next to Keldor, probably.
    Latest MOTU Features:

Loo-Kee and Kowl * Scorpia * Battle Lion * Extendar * Glimmer * Dekker

Heroic Warrior
    the yellow-skinned one is Angel-Lyn, a heroic robot from the mirror universe. clearly. ;]

I agree she will go with Kronis and Keldor!

Snappy Threader
    I actually prefer the yellow skinned version. THe new one will go to the variant side.

Heroic Warrior
    ill probably have them next to eachother, yellow lyn holding her wand and bg lyn with staff. which reminds me, since it looks like the staff is a recolor from the 1st release, will we be getting the wand piece aswell?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    stick bg lyn with keldor & classic lyn with skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    She's the same and I'll love each one equally. I trade out era's on my shelf sometimes and Yellow goes with classic Pre-Filmation, and Pale goes with Filmation forward.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll retire that one like I did Red headed Teela. It's going into my bonus figures bin.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

First edition Lyn is staying where she belongs... with Skeletor and the Evil Warriors.
    Where will helmetless, white-haired Battleground Evil-Lyn go? Into out of space, of course... alongside He-Man, She-Ra, and the other heroic warriors who have gone to the Tri-Star System to take on Skeletor and his army of Space Mutants! Imagine this older, vengeful & calculating Evil-Lyn slowly regaining her powers as she helps He-Man and the others take down Skeletor as he tries to overtake the Horde Empire! EPIC! Evil-Lyn vs. Skeletor's new squeeze... Critta! I'm psyched... LOL!

Heroic Warrior
    BG Evil Lynn will be displayed without her helmet next to Keldor and Kronis. Maybe one day I'll buy an extra beastman, triklops, and merman to complete my pre-keldor shelf.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    First edition stays in the present, while the new one will go with my Great Unrest/Horde Invasion shelf.
    I love an all inclusive canon!