Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: can Toyguru get Sorceress's colours fixed?

I think she looks perfect as she was shown at SDCC. It is an upgrade to the solid orange of the past IMO. Great work 4 Horsemen!!!
    ABLOSUTE! *APLAUS* for this MOTUC Sorceress

@ Who want a Orange Version: Buy Color for Miniatures and paint it self!
    Is easy done!
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I too, think she is beautiful with the blue inside of her wings. While it worked with the cartoon and the vintage figure, I think the blue color balances out the orange of the figure very well.
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't care, it looks better the way it is now. We don't need her to look ever uglier than she is now.
    Well, you're just a perpetual ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Oh god no, the blue and orange looks so much better.
    Same reaction I had. Keep it orange and blue, PLEASE!
    Last edited by CptSpandex; July 26, 2011 at 12:54am.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    INterestingly enough, I'm USUALLY a stickler for 100% vintage... but I REALLY like the blue added in.

Maybe this could be seen as 'added detail' that people always want more of...
    Yeah, this is one change against source accuracy that I think really is an aesthetic improvement.

No changes, leave it as is!!!!!

I think she looks amazing as is. However changing to orange on the inside and keeping the back as is in the prototype would be amazing as well.

I think if they changed the inside to be all orange it is a little overpowering, I would like to see a hint of blue at the tips fading into the orange....just a tiny bit on the start of the inside part of her wings.

I don't care, it looks better the way it is now. We don't need her to look ever uglier than she is now.
    So you think this figure is ugly?

I think she has a beautiful face and is made perfect. What about her is ugly to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Like I said earlier, after looking at the photos, I think the blue feathers are moulded in blue rather than painted. Can anyone who saw the thing in person say for sure?

Reboot I believe you are right and I also think this is why we have the colors the same on both sides. I think the plastic is molded that color on the bottom half and orange on the top half. I don't believe they are painted.

I could be wrong but if the two sections are separate I wouldn't doubt if in production the plastic is molded to the color shown in the pics.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 26, 2011 at 07:48am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I much prefer the blue tips added. It gives her design a little more complexity without ruining the basic aesthetic.
    Exactly.....Its gotta be improved on, or we are at the slippery slope of 'Only Cartoon Figures will do'.

This line is about one cohesive collection. as my Signature has said for two years now ....MOTUC ISNT Filmations MOTU.

I dont understand anyone wanting the Figures simplified (made plainer)

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    So you think this figure is ugly?

I think she has a beautiful face and is made perfect. What about her is ugly to you?
    I personally want to see the arms down and the wings closed, I dont like the character-even though it is a great sculpt- and I dont want to only be able to display it with the wings open.

I dont want it to overpower the rest of my collection. and it will if its only posable with the arms open!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 26, 2011 at 08:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The new Sorceress is beautiful. The 4H have perfectly captured the essence of Sorceress. Like others, I would normally have been rooting for the vintage replica version but I really think the blue wing tips look so much better than 100% orange.

No changes please Matty (unless you want to issue a chase/repaint version).

I wonder if Danielsan would do a photoshop of pink and white costume Sorceress?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'd prefer they change it- you have the blue on the outside, so it'd be nice (and faithful to the original design) to have entirely orange innards.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I love the blue tips on the inside. I think it breaks up the orange and makes her look better. I would like to see a spellcasting hand for her. In the video they said Thunder Punch He-Man WOULD have a closed fist even though he was displayed without one. Similarly, maybe she can get the spellcasting hand before she ships.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I'm fine with either colour scheme - but she TOTALLY needs a spell-casting hand!

What the heck is she going to be doing with a 2nd gripping hand!

MOTU toys had lots of open hands, where are they!?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    I'm happy with the way she looks now. Knowing how the 4H work, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they already tried the 'all orange' and something about it just didn't work.

Looks good with the blue. Can't see any reason to change it, myself.
    Here here!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

She looks fantastic the way she is!!!! I wouldn't do a thing to change her.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    INterestingly enough, I'm USUALLY a stickler for 100% vintage... but I REALLY like the blue added in.
    Maybe this could be seen as 'added detail' that people always want more of...
    I have to agree; I'm a staunch Filmation guy, but I didn't even notice the difference until just now. The blue does make for a better aesthetic in her case, so I really don't mind it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    ah a tough one. but i think i like the sdcc color better.
    or all orange on the inside & with the blue on the back.
    both works for me

Heroic Warrior
    She is perfect as shown at SDCC...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    One thing people aren't really considering is that the blue on the inside is a potential disaster. The wings rub together when you move them (as anyone with the 80's toy knows)...so...the blue paint will almost positively chip off...
    Being a MOC collector I'm not entirely bothered by this unless the feathers rub in package. Seeing the overwelming response for the blue, I guess your best option now would be a dab of paint when you get your figure in hand.

Would probably be the easiest custom eveah!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I prefer the solid orange...and not because it's the way it always was. I prefer it for a few reasons:

1) It's really the way birds feathers are. Lighter coloured on the underside.
    2) I feel the blue tips on the INSIDE are distracting and makes the parts of her outfit compete with each other for focus.
    3) Removing MOST of the orange from her, makes it look like the orange is VERY out of place.
    4) When it's SOLID orange on the inside, it frames her nicely, looks less "busy," evens out the outfit/colours more and gives her a sort of angellic "glow" look (because of the orange).
    i have to agree with all of these points. the addition of the blue was a bad design choice. these guys have made bad choices before & this is one of them.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    Hey folks,

Totally not trying to be snub here, but it seems we go through this each year.

The figures shown at SDCC are final sculpts. There won't be any changes to them. While we have occasionally been able to make small paint changes (like adding purple to BA Skeletor's feet) any sculpt change is not possible.

In regard specifically to BG Evil Lyn (who seems to have gotten the lion's share of change requests) let me see if I can clarify.

We actually costed out a new tunic outfit for her. It was the Horsemen who wanted from a design stand point (I presume to keep the "Classics look") to go with a repaint of the "Teela tunic". I've mentioned before, we don't art direct the Horsemen in this way. Her look is the artistic choice of the Horsemen.

And for the Sorceress who also has a lot of change requests; her paint scheme was designed by the Horsemen. I asked them and design about this (vs. the more Filmation orange inside color fans are asking about) and they felt strongly that this look worked better for a figure (vs. a drawn cartoon) and are really happy with the way she worked out. This is also the request for a new"Spell casting hand" or to use Catra's hand for Sorceress. She was designed by the Horsemen as is and that is how they and design want to go.

Hope this helps clarify. While you can't please everyone all the time, I think Terry and the Four Horsemen have done a bang up job on each and every upcoming figure. In particular I can't wait for Fisto and Kahn. Two figures I had as a kid and really enjoyed!

Scott
    Hopefully his answer will put these threads to bed.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I asked them and design about this (vs. the more Filmation orange inside color fans are asking about) and they felt strongly that this look worked better for a figure (vs. a drawn cartoon) and are really happy with the way she worked out.
    Please Please Please...never stop doing this 4H! we appreciate the work.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Interesting that it got back to the 4H. I hope they don't think that the majority of us want the repaint. Looking at this thread, that is clearly not the case. Seems most of us prefer the two-tone blue and orange that the 4H designed.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This answer about more detail working as a better design is the exact opposite of what the 4H (supposedly) said about wanting to re-use the Teela dress for BG Evil-Lyn (when Mattel gave them the money to make the 200X outfit) to keep it inline with the Classics. Hmmm...

I much prefer solid orange on the inside (with blue tips on the backside), or Emiliano's drawing with only the VERY tips on the inside being blue and how the orange fades INTO the blue. Very nice effect. Either way, I'll live. She's a very beautiful figure.

Now, if we DO ever get a Kuduk Ungol figure (which I REALLY hope we do)...hopefully SHE will have the solid orange inside. That would help differentiate the two ladies even more...and we can HEADSWAP!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Bang your head!!!
    I like the figure the way she is. All orange is dull and lifeless.

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I love the prototype's color, If they will change something I only want a gradient color like Emiliano's art.
    I agree ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Warrior
    Long and short of it probably is; unless the changes represent a major change of aesthetics or something like "reversed shoulders"....what we see is likely what we get. To me, Sorceress represents her classic colors pretty much exacty.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb