Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: can Toyguru get Sorceress's colours fixed?

Don't change anything on this figure. She's perfect.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

RIGHT MAN!!!!!

the only orange color in inside is only a error...
    ...i am happy the 4H don't do this error to!

THE FIGURE LOOKS AWESOME.

Last edited by ˛He-Ro; July 29, 2011 at 12:33am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Allow me to repeat what has been said a few times.

THE FIGURE IS PERFECT. LEAVE HER ALONE!
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I know that. I was only dismissing claim that NATURE backed up the original Sorceresses color pattern. She is clearly a fantasy bird in coloration- nature does not back up your claim that reality backs up her fantasy coloration.

Yes, those pictures follow the natural rules of how pigment and structural coloration work on birds (and fish, reptiles, and amphibians). For the outer wing, melinin black pigment reflected through the white structure of the feathers, give them an off black look. In your picture, there looks to be a bit of carotenoids mixed to produce some of the brown striping. The blue iridecence you are seeing is provided by the iridophore mirrors. The are pointing outwards, that is why you are not seeing any blue on the underside of the wing.

I already explained how the underside of real bird wings can be lighter or white. The white structure part of the underside of feathers can mute the colors or make them appear pure white.

So yes, are correct in saying real birds can have darker outer wings and lighter under wings. I was not disputing that.

You were saying that nature back up your claim that she could have blue on her outer wings and orange on her inner wings because orange is lighter. That is completely wrong. If you mix "blue" and "orange" together in the same feather, your going to get a shade of brown. There is no blue side or orange side in feathers- only a possible lighter underside provided by the structure of the feather. If you don't believe me, pick up a vertebrate zoology book or Wikipedia it.

All I am saying is stick to the fantasy, preference, and artistic choice portion of your arguments Filmation Sorcerress' and you are fine. Science is not your friend in this argument. You can't claim nature rules on a lady with feathers sticking out of her.

(Honestly, I always thought her wings were a feather cape, not "real" wings, which if that is true, my argument in null and void. she could have different colors feathers sewn on the outside and inside.)
    I just meant they changed the white to orange on the underside. I mean...Peak-A-Blue is deco'd like a MALE Peacock. The females are dull and ugly. So, nature + fantasy = suspended belief, is all I was going for.

You certainly know a LOT about birds!

As for her feathers, they are a cape. She doesn't wear them at bed time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WogHKf0FcE...+sorceress.jpg
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i have to agree with all of these points. the addition of the blue was a bad design choice. these guys have made bad choices before & this is one of them.
    You forgot to add "IMO"..... As IMO i completely disagree with you, i think its a terrific design choice.....
    MOTUC is my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just meant they changed the white to orange on the underside.
    I still not sure if you understand why I called you out on your wording, but it is cool. I think my current logic class is getting to me- I'm seeing arguments and fallacies everywhere in innocent statements This is fantasy property after all.

You certainly know a LOT about birds!
    I'm currently studying for a job in the natural sciences/biology. Birds gotta allot of class time along with how animal produce their color patterns.

As for her feathers, they are a cape. She doesn't wear them at bed time.
    That is what I thought, but do we know that to be true in the Classics version?

When and if Veena and the MYP Sorceress, I wonder how that will work? Are all their wings magical capes? Are they a magical augmentation gained after certain period of study or ritual?

In a fantasy world I am not concerned how muscles or bones would attach to pull that off- just if there is some sort of internal fantasy logic to support why the have wings. Or if I just needed to shut my brain off and accept it cause it looks cool.

Seriously, she's looks great. Don't change it at all. It's not broke so why even think of fixing her. Great job 4H!

Get yourself some orange paint & a brush
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

love the 4H design! don`t change her.
    she is perfect. as said before.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Having seen this at the SDCC, I thought the design choice by the Four Horsemen was fantastic on this and all other figures. I throw my support for their artistic choices, after all, they need to make a call on what works best for the current figures they are producing. Also, I'd like to echo Scott's praise of Terry for the work done on these figures. Great work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    love the 4H design! don`t change her.
    she is perfect. as said before.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    INterestingly enough, I'm USUALLY a stickler for 100% vintage... but I REALLY like the blue added in.

Maybe this could be seen as 'added detail' that people always want more of...
    I agree. I usually wince at the changes made by the 4H to the "classic" designs, but I like this "upgrade" better.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The blue and orange colours in the inner parts of the Sorcress's wings seem fine to me. It's not a big thing, and I even think I prefer her this way (if she was made 100% Filmation with complete orange inner wings, it would be OK too, since I like both versions).

Personally, I'd prefer that Toyguru and Mattel would be particularly attentive to the QC when Sorceress is produced. If she's good quality, you can be certain she'll be a "smash hit" !

As far as the look and sculpt are concerned, Sorceress sure looks beautiful to me...

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    meh...i couldn't care less about the colors...solid orange or two tone...I love the sorceress either way....AWESOME FIGURE!!!!

Court Magician

Agreed

Plain Orange would look dumb, End of topic, close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ScarePlow View Post
    Plain Orange would look dumb, End of topic, close thread.
    Second this!

I Like the blue! but for those who don't I hope that a quick coat of orange can solve this... unless you're a MOC collector...
    I know that I'll be repainting that staff... white looks too plain and uninteresting...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I was thinking if the piece is actually orange with blue paint on it people could just rub the blue off the Sorceress' wings too. Not ideal for those that want the pure orange but still....
    All caught up on figures...now what

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I was thinking if the piece is actually orange with blue paint on it people could just rub the blue off the Sorceress' wings too. Not ideal for those that want the pure orange but still....
    Surely it's either (a) all self-coloured [i.e., moulded orange & moulded blue] or (b) all moulded blue, with half painted orange [gang-moulded with the new boots].

I like the blue inside the wings. Didnt even notice anything was "wrong". I saw that toy, and I thought "perfection".

There's nothing wrong here. I especially like now I look closer the reinforced match from Sorceress to Zoar.

I will admit that now you mention it, yeah it's different. I'll also mention that, yeah, I like Emiliano's less blue.

But I do like the blue.

Mind you if it were to be changed, I'd be ok with the all orange. As you say, it's obviously more "true" to the character.

But I'm yet again happy with Mattel's creative choices here.

Glad it seems like most people are on board with this.

Heroic Warrior
    I like it better with the two tone blue and orange. I say leave it as is.