View Poll Results: How Do You Like To See Flying Fists He-Man In MOTU Classics ?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES ! I Want Him With VAC Metal Polish Deco !!

40 54.05%
  • NO ! I Am Concerend About VAC Metal Deco In MOTUC, So I Want Him In Regular Silver Painting Deco !!

34 45.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Fists He-Man - VAC Metal OR Regular Silver Deco ?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Flying Fists He-Man - VAC Metal OR Regular Silver Deco ?

With MOTUC line looking to complete all the vintage figures by 2015, we aren't that far away from Flying Fists He-Man variant ! Now, I am every exited for this figure. However, I am slightly cringed about the VAC metal polish deco that he might get. We all know how bad Hurricane Hordak's VAC metal deco was. Although his torso had a good VAC metal polish, His armour's painting were so... so flaky. Even Thunder Punch He-Man's VAC metal painting (on his armour) is chipping off in recent months !

Yes, VAC metal polished figures will look great in hand, but honestly, I guess we should concerned about the figure for the future. Honestly, I rather like to have a perfect FF He-Man figure 10+ years later with regular silver painting than a VAC metal polish FF He-Man for a month or two (which will be screwed months later) !

So please let Mattel know ! Flying Fist He-Man ! VAC Metal Polish OR Regular Silver Painting ???
    Last edited by TUC138; June 10, 2014 at 06:34am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

VAC, absolutely. That`s part of the original look, no alternative here. But is has to be done properly, of course.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Do you want Vac Metal or Tung lashor?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Mattel should keep the Vintage look!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Silver deco all the way! I don't trust Mattel on vac-metalizing things with their spotty QC.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Say no to Vac Metal!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The vac metal on Hurricane Hordak wasn't terrible, but it still flaks in certain spots. Nothing big and irritating, but I don't like feeling like I have to be careful with him and never remove his armor. I'd rather they just go back to paint. The silver paint they've done in the past looks great, too! I just want it to be a bit more playable than fancy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    While I want FF He-Man to have vac metal, it just doesn't hold up over time. I don't know what different techniques Mattel used on the vintage figure, but that has held up for some strange reason. I guess if push comes to shove, I'd go vac metal.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Vac all the way

This poll really doesn't matter since Scott said after Hurricane Hordak that they weren't going to do VAC metal anymore.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Amazing that a process that has been around the action figure aisle since Matt Mason was on the pegs is something Mattel suddenly seems to be having trouble with, but I do not trust Mattel to do this properly right now, so I definitely say sliver paint.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i'm cool with vac, no issues on my vac figures at all
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I love Vac metal, I love Hurricane Hordak, but just like He-Ro and Jitsu, they'll probably go with silver paint as a safe alternative.

I hope they go with silver paint. I find vac metal to typically look fairly cheesy, especially when the majority of other "metal" accessories are done with plastic. Plus, my Hurricane Hordak is shedding...
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Silver paint. Vac metal looks cheap and cheesy. Which is fine for regular kids toys, but I prefer metallic paint on these
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't even want the darn variant. So either is fine with me. I go with the majority on this one I guess.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Vac metal for me.

Hasbro has proven that you can do chrome properly on mass market toys. Takara has been doing it for a long time now.

oh hey, look at those NECA figures. lots of bendy tails that work perfectly, unlike Snout Spout's trunk. speaking of Hasbro, check out the upcoming deluxe class (~$12) Rattrap. he is a rat that turns into robot. his rat tail is bendy!

the sad fact is that Mattel doesn't put the sort of care into their offerings, at least for MOTUC. i would say NO to any more chrome (Hurricane Hordak peeling/cracking) or action features (Double Trouble with double chin) or clear plastic (i'm quite worried that Light Hope will end up a cracking or sticky mess).
    Last edited by guardianmonkey; June 10, 2014 at 12:07pm.

yes, because he was. Heck, I still want a vac metal Fisto (and Jitsu) hand, and He-Ro armour.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, for all the 'no' reasons above- I happen to agree with all of them, to some degree. Besides, I have zero desire to see a variant over a new character release, to begin with, so it's an easy decision in my book...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

He and Terror Claws Skeletor should match the look of Hurricane Hordak. I haven't had any problems with the vac metal armour, so I say YES.

If you gonna make it , make it right with gold vac

Vac metal please! He needs to be shiny
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Vac metal, it's the gold standard!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I definitely want vac metal for this variant.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor