Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Prince Adam and King Randor's Last Names?

What are Prince Adam and King Randor's Last Names?

I always wondered what the first family of Eternia uses as a surname. Was this ever established anywhere in MOTU canon? Is it Miro?

I believe according to the bios they just refer to the house of their father... so Randor of The House of Miro etc.

I don't think they have surnames in the same way we do.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I always wondered what the first family of Eternia uses as a surname. Was this ever established anywhere in MOTU canon? Is it Miro?
    Since their ancestor's name and founder of Eternian royal dynasty, at least in the Classic Canon, is D'vann Grayskull, their names should be Adam and Randor Grayskull. And if i remember well in the New Adventures cartoon, Adam introduced himself as Adam of Grayskull, so it make sense! If they were not aware of their ansectry should be Miro, i guess. But if Adam visited and remained on Earth for awhile he should be known as Adam Glenn.

Heroic Warrior
    Evans. Adam and Randor Evans.

Heroic Warrior
    From what I recall of the bios, Randor is "Randor of the house of Miro," while Adam is "Adam of the house of Randor." Very few characters in MOTU seem to have last names (particularly ones that had real names back in the vintage era, e.g. Duncan, Teela), so identifying their house/lineage is probably about it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80
    Since their ancestor's name and founder of Eternian royal dynasty, at least in the Classic Canon, is D'vann Grayskull, their names should be Adam and Randor Grayskull. And if i remember well in the New Adventures cartoon, Adam introduced himself as Adam of Grayskull, so it make sense! If they were not aware of their ansectry should be Miro, i guess. But if Adam visited and remained on Earth for awhile he should be known as Adam Glenn.
    Eh, Grayskull was their ancestor from 1,000 years ago. I imagine almost no one alive today still has the same last name as their grandfather from 1015 A.D. (frankly, I doubt much of anyone alive today could even trace their lineage back that far to a specific person).
    Last edited by Freefall; April 19, 2015 at 06:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Evans. Adam and Randor Evans.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

In theory if you follow the male ancestry the answer would be yes. I also believe that most royal lines could go back pretty far, the more prominent a family is the easier it is (if all information is completely true and not adjusted for various reasons). I know Jewish culture around the time of Christ had pretty good records, I wouldn't be surprised if many Asian cultures also didn't have pretty good records.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Freefall View Post
    Eh, Grayskull was their ancestor from 1,000 years ago. I imagine almost no one alive today still has the same last name as their grandfather from 1015 A.D. (frankly, I doubt much of anyone alive today could even trace their lineage back that far to a specific person).
    If Eternia's city-states are similar to medieval societies, i guess that their nobility would have a well documented line of their ancestors. For this reason "Adam of Grayskull", it wouldn't sound surprising.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going with Grayskull.

Also for me Grayskull is the right answer.

In keeping with MOTU naming conventions, their last name is actually Mandarakdor.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

"Of-The-Southern-Isles."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Randor Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

(his name is my name, too)

It's Campbell. Which makes the queen Marlena Glenn-Campbell.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    The King's last name is Calrissian.

Randor Calrissian.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    The King's last name is Calrissian.

Randor Calrissian.
    I thought Dekker was a Calrissian?

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Smith.....
    DESPERATELY need ThunderCats Minimates series one!!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Based on naming conventions already established

Man
    Royalman

but really it would be Greyskull. Yes many have forgotten the history, but most people today for example don't know where their last name came from or what it means.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quick, what is Queen Elizabeth's last name?

I think of Randor and Adam and Adora as the same thing. And the society of Eternia as a whole is small enough that the use of surnames isn't needed.

I wouldn't pick Grayskull. Simply for the fact that Castle Grayskull was a derelict castle with no importance (until Adam was shown the truth.)
    If their name was Grayskull, I'm sure at some point Randor would have been all: "Hey, that old castle with our family name on it. We should look at fixing it up or something. It's probably significant to our family history. Who the hell is that chick dressed like a giant bird living in my family castle?"

You get the idea.

And besides, the Classicizor Machine determined it is Adam J. Hemanson

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    I wouldn't pick Grayskull. Simply for the fact that Castle Grayskull was a derelict castle with no importance (until Adam was shown the truth.)
    If their name was Grayskull, I'm sure at some point Randor would have been all: "Hey, that old castle with our family name on it. We should look at fixing it up or something. It's probably significant to our family history. Who the hell is that chick dressed like a giant bird living in my family castle?"

You get the idea.

And besides, the Classicizor Machine determined it is Adam J. Hemanson
    It could be that Randor's family kept his lineage and connection with the Castle secret for avoid that their enemies that wanted to destroy his bloodline make a move against them (in the same way that in the LOTR Aragorn's family keep secret their ancestry and connection with Isildur and Elendil). But at the end it was inevitable that the Castle would return to be the center of the Eternian Realm (the prophesized King of the Castle Grayskull from the old mini comics stortyline, or now in the new mini comics, in which Adam rules from Castle Grayskull. Personally i believe that "Randor or Adam of the House of Grayskull" is fitting better than a casual "earth similar" last name. Afterall they are aliens, perhaps last names are not part of their culture.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    At least in the cartoon, very few characters had surnames, so I'd assume it's something of a rarity on Eternia or Etheria. Must be a WHOLE LOT of first names to choose from if most folks only have that to differentiate them.

Of course, they call Thor "The Odinson." I guess they could call Adam "The Randorson"?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Smith judging by hotel records.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Extrapolating from information gleaned from FILMation's "Search for The Past", in MY Canon, the Royal Family's surname has always been "Lioncrest".

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What are Prince Adam and King Randor's Last Names?
    It's Adam Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

And conversely, it's Randor Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!